Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Wrestlemania Backlash Strikes Back!

KawadaSmile

2 minutes ago, EricR said:

I forgot that you couldn't rewind on the new and improved Network, so I missed Sheamus/Ricochet and Asuka/Ripley/Charlotte. I'll go back and pick those up later. I came in time for the Mysterios/Dawgs tag and loved it. Awesome tag and a great classic Rey performance. Ziggler/Roode are really good in this tag team. 

https://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2021/05/wwe-backlash-running-late-blog-51621.html

Zombie Mondo doing insane parkour would be dope, tbh

I enjoyed the triple threat, yeah I agree it was heatless but it was gonna be heatless to me anyway because I haven't been watching the TV outside of hearing clips of Meltzer and Alvarez breaking the TV down on F4Ws YouTube and clips on my Instagram explorer which is mostly Smackdown than anything else. I enjoyed watching these guys throw each other around an lay into each other

I still need to watch Sheamus/Ricochet and the women's three way, but I thought this was a really good show. The Dawgs/Mysterios tag was great, the heavyweight three way hit hard, so did the main, Belair/Bayley was a good follow up to Belair's excellent Mania win. I can't believe people even hate the zombie stuff. No way the match is better if they just worked a serious match, and it made the PPV flow much better. 

That main event was outstanding. The kids here were so invested in Cesaro and were for the first time REALLY into a great match that was long and told a great story. 
They also were super into Lashley, as I was cheering him, he's awesome, and he's from Colorado.  The kids here are Bobby fans.

And I've been super down on Dominick but that tag match was awesome and storytelling perfection.

I haven't read the thread yet, but I want to add my own personal anecdote:

I signed up for the Peacock 4/9.99 deal right before Mania.  I totally forgot this show was yesterday until literally the day before.

I tuned in near the end of the pre-show and I hate WWE's presentation so bad that I couldn't make it thru the opening video package

Sounds like there were a few good matches, but I've already paid for it and don't want to watch it.  In fact, it sparked me to remember to cancel Peacock (I would have remembered before the 4 months were up, but thanks for the impetus WWE)

So yea.....money well spent NBCUniversal!!  More Zombies plz  WWE!!!  fuck...

11 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

So Miz tore his ACL during the zombie lumberjack match. It has yet to be determined whether it's a full or partial tear. Either way, that's the first major injury of his career, right? Off the top of my head, I can't remember him ever taking time off for anything other than to film a movie.

Didn't he get a concussion from Kofi's Trouble in Paradise? Other than that, it is his first major injury.

NXT was another solid show this week, loved the Candice/Indy stuff. I wonder what the plan is going to be with Franky Monet since so far all they've established is that she irritates everyone else. Gargano/Reed was a good WWE style cage match, and the hype video for next week's main event was top notch.

For bonus lols, go back to the opener and listen to Beth's brain blow a fuse while trying to get through an especially thick pile of WWE verbiage. 

9 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Didn't he get a concussion from Kofi's Trouble in Paradise? Other than that, it is his first major injury.

The kick from Kofi looked really bad, but he didn't get concussed. In fact, he wrestled twice the next day (the Main Event taping and the Smackdown taping). He did suffer a concussion during the main event of WM27. I bet it sucks for him to not be able to remember the biggest moment of his career.