Pro Wrestling Only
Phil Schneider

Way Of The Blade: 100 of the Greatest Bloody Matches in Wrestling History

Just finished the book, one of my favorite wrestling books up with Have a Nice Day, John Molinaro's Top 100 Pro Wrestlers of All time, Hooker and the Andre book from last year. More than any of those, this is the one I most wish I had written

On 5/22/2021 at 10:51 PM, Phil Schneider said:

Anybody who needs any of the matches, just hit me up. I got em all

I would love to get them all, give myself a summer project. 

Just wanted to add my voice to the well-deserved chorus of praise. Just got my copy today and I am really enjoying it.

On 5/24/2021 at 6:15 PM, Tenese Sarwieh said:

I would love to get them all, give myself a summer project. 

We are putting together a link file, should have that available today or tomorrow 

Episode 3 of the Podcast is here. I talk with Rev. Dan Wilson about the incredible Devil's Rejects vs. Team Anarchy War Games match from 2006.

https://redcircle.com/shows/be34c05b-8483-4797-af55-5ec4bd254611/episodes/f9f0410d-08a8-4d7d-aefb-3e6ead852895

Match is here if you guys haven't seen it, it is a classic

Just got mine this afternoon. Loving the book so far as its incredibly informative while staying a fun, light, easy read. Absolutely is going to be in my rotation for poolside/beach reading this summer. 

Got the Kindle version and I am loving this so far. That French newspaper except about the Nazi gimmick is hilarious

Episode 4 of the pod has dropped

I talk to Rev. Dan Wilson and Jeff G. Bailey about the NWA Elite vs. Devils Rejects War Games from 2007. Great stories in this pod, really fun stuff

https://redcircle.com/shows/be34c05b-8483-4797-af55-5ec4bd254611/episodes/be2ea195-9fe4-4c0e-b68c-68795c14aa83

Match is below, great match which really wasn't easily available until now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isr0k2ek6ek

Got my copy over the weekend! Looking forward to diving into as soon as I finish the book I am reading.

If there is a file with links to all of the matches, I'd love to have it!

Man, this really is the best bang for the buck ever...

In addition to the book itself, there's a podcast and now links to all of the matches.

I'm looking forward to diving in. 

My copy arrived and I couldn’t be happier. My favorite blog on paper with fantastic artwork. Have you considered doing tshirts? 

Really enjoying the podcast as well. Tony’s a really fun guest.

Mine is arriving on Father’s Day and I can’t wait to read it. I’m also excited to listen to the podcast. Congratulations and I wish you continued success. 

Nice to see Coach Tony K do a podcast on this! Looking forward to listening to two old DVDVR boys shoot shit 

The paragraph describing the Four Horseman at the beginning of the Flair/Morton section is an absolute thing of beauty @Phil Schneider

The quip about wrestling's nuanced depiction of ethnicity/race/culture (I can't remember the exact word you used) also got a laugh out of me.

On 6/17/2021 at 11:43 PM, Phil Schneider said:

Episode 5 of the Pod is out

I talk with Tony Khan about Flair vs. DiBiase, running a promotion during a pandemic, his booking philosophy and lots more

https://app.redcircle.com/shows/be34c05b-8483-4797-af55-5ec4bd254611/ep/173fa5e9-8321-4bdc-a5e7-5288fa292ba0

F'n hell this is a great listen! Both of you are so enthusiastic and joyful discussing the match, reminiscing about tape trading, talking about booking, just bouncing off each other and making each other laugh.

I am not a podcast guy. I prefer reading about stuff to listening to people talk about stuff. But I am really glad I made an exception here, l laughed out loud more than once, enjoyed the hell out of the nostalgic stuff, and feel like I got some genuine insight into a great match and into the personality and wrestling mind of Tony Khan.