Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - May 19 2021

sek69

Perfectly Straightedge mentioning Kenny Omega got me thinking as to why I hate his title reign so much. When he won the title, the announcers acted all disgusted like it was Bash at the beach 96. Callis/Omega stole the belt. Omega turned his back on AEW and all that. Good so far. He beat Moxley in the rematch with help from The Good Brothers. Sparklers aside, again good so far. But then...nothing.  No one in AEW seems to want to take the title away from the Elite. No one mentions it. Shouldn’t someone got to bat for his home promotion? I don’t think that Kenny defended the belt once since the barbed wire match. Why isn’t anyone doing something about this???

His title reign should be one of two things. Either he beats everyone that Tony K puts in his way to get the belt back until either Hangman or Darby beats him or, he tries to avoid defending the title like the plague like he is 1997 Hollywood Hogan. If it’s the second option, at least address it on television!!! I hope that they right the course after DON because to me, this title reign is a failure. I like Kenny a lot but I am sure that I am not the only one that think that it was a mistake to take the belt off of Moxley for this..

It seems obvious by the last 2 weeks that they've started leaning towards the 2nd option with Kenny desperately trying to make sure that neither PAC or Orange Cassidy won the World Title Eliminator. And then this week, going to the trainer's room to try convincing Cassidy to drop out of the match.

Sup, guys! I didn't start this thread the way I always do, cuz right now, me and a bunch of my law school classmates are celebrating our graduation and full-time vaccination status with a trip to the West Coast! We explored Route 66 on our way to trekking in the Grand Canyon, then Vegas, San Francisco, and now Los Angeles.

And I am happy to inform you that I will be attending Double or Nothing live in person! I have in my life so far, only attended one live wrestling event, which was the WWE India House show headlined by Hunter v. Jinder. As you can imagine, I am extremely excited about this! For me, it really is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and while I am disappointed that I won't have the opportunity to boo MJF AND Jericho live in-person (Stadium Stampede almost certainly will be played on the big screen after all), I am so so SOO excited at the chance to sing "WILD THING YOU MAKE MY HEART SING" with all my heart as Mox makes his entrance! 

I will of course be posting here as well during DoN. So excited to share this moment with all of you good people!!

I'll just do the snarky British chants, at least they are funny and Agogo is cool.

If I get trapped in the moment and am caught chanting "This is awesome" at any point on camera, I request @Loss to ban me for a couple weeks, force me to think about my choices

One thing I noticed when I went to a Dynamite taping in the Before Times, is how well paced AEW shows are live. I could never tell when commercial breaks were happening, as opposed to WWE shows I've been to live where they basically shut everything down for the live audience while the TV crowd is away. AEW was so much better as a live experience just because it was clear the company still remembered to pay attention to the folks in the building.

On 5/23/2021 at 2:17 AM, MoS said:

And I am happy to inform you that I will be attending Double or Nothing live in person! I have in my life so far, only attended one live wrestling event, which was the WWE India House show headlined by Hunter v. Jinder. As you can imagine, I am extremely excited about this! For me, it really is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and while I am disappointed that I won't have the opportunity to boo MJF AND Jericho live in-person (Stadium Stampede almost certainly will be played on the big screen after all), I am so so SOO excited at the chance to sing "WILD THING YOU MAKE MY HEART SING" with all my heart as Mox makes his entrance! 

I will of course be posting here as well during DoN. So excited to share this moment with all of you good people!!

Very cool for you, enjoy!

Fightful has reported that Stadium Stampede will have a "significant live element" to it and are referring to it as a "unique live experience", so it sounds like it's more likely to be half big screen, half live in person. 

On 5/23/2021 at 7:29 PM, sek69 said:

One thing I noticed when I went to a Dynamite taping in the Before Times, is how well paced AEW shows are live. I could never tell when commercial breaks were happening, as opposed to WWE shows I've been to live where they basically shut everything down for the live audience while the TV crowd is away. AEW was so much better as a live experience just because it was clear the company still remembered to pay attention to the folks in the building.

I was at the Dynamite in Broomfield, CO right before lockdown and it was obvious when we could go get a beer.