Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 05/24 - 05/30 Ja Morant is the greatest person in Memphis ever

KawadaSmile

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Didn't someone in AEW do a promo about how calling someone a "hell of a hand" is a backhanded compliment basically calling someone technically good but not a draw?

Yes, Shawn Spears after Cody called him more of less a really good hand, which jumpstarted the heel turn and the subsequent chair shot angle.

It's not like AEW is hurting for announcers like WWE is.  Kinda odd how they keep sticking with him despite a large segment of the roster getting annoyed by his antics to the point they don't even care if they make it public. 

So as a Steeler fan, I remember back to when Jerome Bettis was the featured back for the team. Toward the end of his career it started to become apparent he wasn't an every down back anymore, but they made him the short yardage guy when they needed a first down or were close to the goal line. It prolonged his career and let him play to his strengths (being a squat bowling ball who was hard to tackle) and still play a beneficial role to the team. It was a large part of why they won the Super Bowl that year, it allowed him to retire on top to close out a HOF career, and he's still a beloved figure in Pittsburgh to this day.  

JR's a big Steeler fan too from his beloved late wife being from here. I bet he remembers that as well. 

I see people talking more about Nick Khan more than any wwe wrestler or storyline at the moment. He seems to be the most over person in the company right now with wwe diehards.

i mean I just saw a report that he bought a mansion recently. This was big news I guess

5 hours ago, MoS said:

I wonder if Vince will allow a non-McMahon to succeed him when he passes away. I don't just mean being in charge of the business side, but actually succeed him in all capacities

Almost makes you feel bad for poor Hunter.  He put all that work in to replace Shane as Vince's #1 son, got his own vanity promotion, placed himself to just slide into the big chair when the time comes.....then Big Daddy Nick comes in and makes more things happen in a year than he's done in 20. 

Just now, sek69 said:

Almost makes you feel bad for poor Hunter.  He put all that work in to replace Shane as Vince's #1 son, got his own vanity promotion, placed himself to just slide into the big chair when the time comes.....then Big Daddy Nick comes in and makes more things happen in a year than he's done in 20. 

Legit question as I'm not that aware as to when Nick Khan took over. What has he been able to accomplish to get this much attention? The Peacock deal I know, but what else?

He's also been rearranging the management and backstage staff and getting his people in. He was WWE's agent when they got that massive Fox deal. He's also been taking calls during conferences and coming across really well. He looks and sounds like he knows what he is doing. The only question is how long he will have patience for the crazy world of wrestling

Yeah he's basically the guy who got them the Fox deal and the Peacock deal. Each one legit worth a billion. He's leaps and bounds the best business guy WWE's had in ages, and it seems like it didn't take long for Vince to give him the keys. Which I don't blame him for doing, all he seems to do is make  money. I'd let him do whatever he wants if I was Vince too.

Also watching Smackdown, and Roman was fucking fantastic in that segment where he told Jey he didn't want him to go back to being the guy people ask "which one are you?".

Who would have thought after everything he went through as a babyface that his career refining character arc would be "Samoan Tony Soprano"?