Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - May 28, 2021 - Friday Night Edition

MoS

5 minutes ago, MoS said:

Yeah I was thrown off too. I was certain she was going to powerbomb him through a table for interrupting her again 

Instead of going with Macho Man choosing Elizabeth, they went with Bam Bam choosing Oliver Humperdink? That’s disappointing. 

Welp.  On commercial breaks the FITE.TV feed stays on the announcers, and apparently the Spanish announcers were making fun of Shida with the usual "japanese people speaking english poorly with no L's and R's" racist bit and it blew up on Twitter. 

2 hours ago, MoS said:

This feud has done a great job elevating MJF. He is an easy main eventer now. Time to do the same for Sammy and LAX 

If they're smart about this, they'll have Sammy Guevara get the pin for the Inner Circle on Sunday. He's been killing it on the mic in recent weeks.

13 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

This is the first of four consecutive weeks of Dynamite airing on Friday at 10 PM due to the NBA playoffs. After that, it airs at 8 PM on a Saturday (June 26th). It won't be back in its regular time slot until June 30th. That alone justifies the move to TBS. Hopefully this month of preemption won't lead to a significant erosion of the viewing audience.

Thanks for this info! I thought that last night was a one time only thing with them moving to Friday. Funny note, for those who watch on Fite. In lieu of commericals, we just get the logo with the full Dynamite theme song playing until the show comes back. One of the lyrics to the song is "Acting like it's Friday, but it's really only Wednesday!"  Well, last night instead of the actual song, they just looped the music and didn't actually have the singing.

That weigh in segment really didn't help the argument that Cody is an extremely douchey babyface.   I understand why Ogogo needs 4 or 5 people around him.  He is a heel.  But Cody needs his entire family, about 5 or 6 students, and 15 people who I have no fucking clue who they are around him just makes Cody really unlikeable to me.  Then you have Big Show not be able to read the scale.  And then to top it off you have all these fireworks going off which isn't AEW's fault but more about Florida people

The Shida new title presentation came off like something to honor her for being the champion during the pandemic with very little crowd.  It is a shame that she will probably lose the title on Sunday because she always wanted to defend the title in a full crowd.   

The true highlight of the night is Moxley called the Young Bucks Rod and Todd Flanders  :lol:

12 hours ago, sek69 said:

Welp.  On commercial breaks the FITE.TV feed stays on the announcers, and apparently the Spanish announcers were making fun of Shida with the usual "japanese people speaking english poorly with no L's and R's" racist bit and it blew up on Twitter. 

Willie Urbina (the guy who mocked Shida's accent) has been fired by AEW. Glad to see a zero-tolerance policy for that kind of bullshit.