Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 06/07 - 06/13 Boxing is just pro wrestling now

KawadaSmile

I seem to recall him having pissy moments here and there, but it was the first time he was that way the entire conference. 

His comment about all the best women in the world either already being in WWE or wanting to be there is certainly making waves too. Britt already responded to it which is interesting considering her personal life.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, MoS said:

But most people who used to complain have literally stopped watching! They hit record lows every three weeks; maybe they can start listening to fans now?!?!

Totally agree just pointing out how that talking point inevitably always comes up at least a few times a year and the same debate happens. It was happening in the early 2000s

I'd normally just smirk and move on but this line made me want to throw something at him. Hard.

He was also asked about whether they will send talent to the NWA all-women's PPV headed up by Mickie James or do their own show again. Levesque said they have already done that and to him, equality is equality. If he did an all-men's show, he would get criticised for that. 

That's some real "white people complaining they can't use the n-word" level shit that gives away the person saying it doesn't get (or doesn't care about) the difference in power between groups. Add in that women in WWE have mentioned wanting to do another all women PPV and he really comes off as an out of touch dipshit.

Hey! Maybe is is fit to take over for Vince after all!

1 hour ago, Rah said:

I'd normally just smirk and move on but this line made me want to throw something at him. Hard.

Yes, I tought the same. Specially when they are constantly presenting Stephanie as the creator of a revolution for women in the world of wrestling. This quote from HHH is like saying "neither machismo or feminism, equality", which is the most machism, sexist, chauvinist thing a men could say.

When asked about sending wrestlers to represent the WWE to the NWA Women's show, he also said something along the lines of, "We have our talent under contract because we want them to work here." This makes some sense to me...but its still shitty and counter-productive and not even 100% factually accurate. Especially for NXT talent, who have competed on EVOLVE shows semi-recently and, if you look back 5-6 years ago, were competing in places like Chikara and PROGRESS. And there's also those pesky Mae Young Classic that featured if not completely "signed" talent, at least a couple women who were heavily featured in other companies (Princesa Sugehit comes to mind immediately and I'm thinking was at least on some sort of long-term handshake deal with CMLL?).

The decision also strikes me as another example of even Triple H, NXT's "proud father," not knowing or not being able to accurately define what NXT is. Or maybe just being afraid to admit what it is.

In this same press conference, he was once again asked if NXT is still a "developmental league" or an actual brand. He can eyeroll all he wants when he gets that question, but the audience doesn't know the answer. Its stories are self-contained. It is barely promoted on RAW, SD, or on Peacock (where ads for Hell in a Cell play before and during shows). While SD and RAW titles are defended on big "PPVs," NXT titles never are. It definitely isn't an equal brand to RAW or SD. But developmental means lesser and Triple H won't call it that either. Its different. But what is it? 

And here, with the NWA Women's show, is a small opportunity to maybe help define what NXT is - the WWE's version of an indie fed, a legitimate brand unto itself that caters to fans of "indie" wrestling, a brand that is first and foremost about great wrestling not "the corporate machine" - and Triple H smirks and laughs off the idea of letting NXT women compete elsewhere. Its a tone deaf response that will allow Impact and/or AEW to score easy points if/when they let any of their talent compete. Instead of being willing to cross-promote, clearly very much the "cool" thing to do in the eyes of fans in 2021, Triple H scoffs. Granted, this may have been the edict passed down by Vince so I'm not laying all the blame at Triple H's feet but, yeah, no matter who is saying it, its still the wrong decision.

Once again, instead of positioning NXT as the "in-store alternative," the company has made it clear that NXT is just the WWE's little developmental holding cell, a place for talent to "compete" but not really (because the titles don't mean anything), to learn to be big main roster stars but not really, a promotion where its been a long, long time since anyone got a real promotion (Kevin Owens, Asuka, and Bianca Belair are basically it). Meanwhile, outside of the WWE bubble, wrestlers continue to prove the WWE's model obsolete, building their brands and telling stories across multiple promotions and platforms. 

So why not let some of the NXT women get some "indie cred"? What's the worst that happens? It can't purely be the freak occurrence that an NXT talent would get injured? Having two NXT women compete against eachother on an NWA show also eliminates any idea of having an NXT talent put over an unsigned talent. Its such an easy way to curry support from the "smart" audience, the audience that 100% chose AEW over NXT because, well, one company feels like an authentic alternative and one still feels like the minor leagues.

10 hours ago, Rah said:

Staggering level of deluded "Both sides bad, I, an intellectual, am the only one good" energy here. Does he also talk about how Black History Month is racist cuz if he proposed a White History Month, he would be criticised?

1 hour ago, MoS said:

. Does he also talk about how Black History Month is racist cuz if he proposed a White History Month, he would be criticised?

At the very least it seems he has a lot of friends who would say that, but surely a known Iron Cross enthusiast like himself would never think such things 

1 hour ago, MoS said:

Isn't his latest moniker "The Creator"? The study of Hunter's grand nicknames over the years would be a funny and worthwhile study in itself

He's been the King of Kings. He's been The Creator. All that's left is some version of The Holy Spirit, which would complete the trinity. Triple H. It's all making sense. New merch with various Jesus art scenes but he's a skeleton and wearing a leather jacket.

Did they ever explain why Rey Mysterio has an eye again after losing it at The Horror Show? They do so many ridiculous and unbelievable stories on their show, especially with the Fiend. They should say Mysterio surgically replaced his missing eye with the eye from Eddie Guerrero 's corpse.

Man, it's almost whiplash inducing to watch Smackdown after Raw. Heyman's super power must be somehow getting Vince to let the talent he's paired with come up with their own shit, because I can't possibly accept that the same writers who come up with all the bullshit on Raw could have a hand in creating the Roman Family Saga we're seeing unfold. 

Aye, it barely even seems possible that Smackdown is the same company as Raw these days. 

Whether it's solely Heyman or not- I really do doubt it- the change in Roman Reigns being allowed to be this version of himself instead of what he was a few years ago post-Shield is so confusing to me. 

I never saw the hype before whereas now I wonder whether my perception of what he's actually like was so skewed by the awful TV around him

Anyway good show I thought 

28 minutes ago, Dale Wolfe said:

Whether it's solely Heyman or not- I really do doubt it- the change in Roman Reigns being allowed to be this version of himself instead of what he was a few years ago post-Shield is so confusing to me. 

I honestly think it's a combination of Heyman running interference to prevent meddling, and perhaps Roman during his COVID hiatus realizing he has pull he really hadn't been using. I could see him saying when they were asking him to come back "ok, but you need to let me do my thing and no more of this forced bullshit". 

^ I agree.

I'd also just throw out there that I think Vince has, since its inception, been more hands-off about SmackDown.

He views RAW as the flagship (as do many fans) and is seemingly way more scrupulous with that program. So, by the time it gets to be Thursday night or Friday morning, and he's reviewing the script for SmackDown, his mind already is partially thinking, "Fine, do whatever, but what do we have ready for Monday?"

Whereas, on Sunday night or Monday morning, I doubt even a single brain cell of his mind is thinking about what they have planned for Friday's show. 

So maybe the SmackDown show is a better representation of what the writing team is pitching, while Raw is famously being torn up and rewritten by Vince every week. 

12 hours ago, TheDuke said:

Did they ever explain why Rey Mysterio has an eye again after losing it at The Horror Show? They do so many ridiculous and unbelievable stories on their show, especially with the Fiend. They should say Mysterio surgically replaced his missing eye with the eye from Eddie Guerrero 's corpse.

They just said medics put his eye back in and he made a gradual recovery.

5 hours ago, Kadaveri said:

They just said medics put his eye back in and he made a gradual recovery.

Yeah he was doing a deal where he had a mesh covering the eyehole on his mask until it healed. Kind of funny with all the things that get dropped with no explanation, that was one thing they felt needed closure.