Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 06/21 - 06/27 The Philadelphia 76ers lost 3 home court games against the Hawks, including game 7, after Joel Embiid was introduced by Triple H.

KawadaSmile

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

I know, Fed Bad (very, very bad) but it was her idea.

We talk about Tony needing to tell the talent no once in a while, only fair we apply the same standards here. Also I'm not 100% sure I believe it when WWE talent says a bad idea was theirs (I know it's her husband saying it but it still applies) since taking a bullet for the company is a common thread amongst WWE folks. 

4 hours ago, sek69 said:

I don't know why Randy is choosing this as one of the few times he gives a shit, but it's been great so far.

I'll ignore the shot at him because it's not my job to defend him and just give my take

He has a massive no cut contract, he's set for life, and he's THE elder statesman in the company who's still active.  He sees how much talent has been wasted around him, he sees how bad the product has become, and he's simply trying to do his best for the company and for his own legacy.  No more no less.

This isn't a new thing, he's been in this mode for years.  He did it with Bryan years ago now.  He did it with Seth.  It just might stand out a bit more now that he's kind of last man standing and one of the few "made men" around trying to elevate newer talent

I mean, I wasn't trying to take a shot at Randy....he's got a rep of not always giving 100% effort. Being in a wacky tag team with Riddle wasn't something I would have expected him to have his working boots on for. He is, and good for him. 

At the end of the day, the buck stops with Vince McMahon. It's his company, and he owns whatever shows up on his TV. It makes no difference whether a terrible idea comes from Vince's brain worms, one of the 800 writers, or the wrestlers themselves (see also Wyatt, Bray). Speaking of Bray, it's kind of hilarious how quickly he got sidelined once WWE realized the Fiend bullshit can just as easily be done by a pretty blonde girl.