Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 06/21 - 06/27 The Philadelphia 76ers lost 3 home court games against the Hawks, including game 7, after Joel Embiid was introduced by Triple H.

KawadaSmile

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even then Tyler Rust has been wrestling for almost 2 decades. He felt stale about 8 years ago in PWG. 

It seems so weird to me that a decade ago, in WWE, things felt so fresh with all these young talent. Fast forward 10 years and we have the same talent on top (and bottom and middle, ugh) with nobody else really coming through.

I don't know how often I go through Wikipedia profiles of older wrestlers (especially from the 90s) and think "wow, he's a lot younger than I thought". There's this weird preconditioning WWE gives that older = better yet the opposite has always been true with their successful workers. There are a plethora of talent in their 20s just toiling away with no sign of getting any form of push. A few damning exceptions aside, the complete opposite is true in AEW. I don't have much time for their ring-work but they feel so fresh that I'd take it over a good WWE programme any day.

Speaking of fresh talent in WWE..

This guy was with WWE, right? Why on Earth did they let him go? Even if he cannot wrestle, just LOOK at him. They'd been able to get at least one good main event run out of him even if he had sucked in the ring

9 hours ago, MoS said:

This guy was with WWE, right? Why on Earth did they let him go? Even if he cannot wrestle, just LOOK at him. They'd been able to get at least one good main event run out of him even if he had sucked in the ring

He stood up to Drake Wuertz trying to push him around so that probably doomed him in WWE. 

1 minute ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Also the writer that was caught up in a minor shitstorm a few days ago over her podcast appearance where she told the story of flat-out telling WWE she didn't know a thing about wrestling and they hired her anyway.

It wasn't so much that, I don't think, as it was the line, "Our World Champion is Bobby Lashley or Ashley or something."

Non-wrestlers who discuss the inner workings of wrestling will always find themselves in hot water. I'm not upset that she didn't know wrestling. But you have to know it's a magic shop and you don't pull back the curtain unless you're in a place where you can't be fucked with. I do feel sympathy for her though. Obviously she's trying to make it as a television writer, it's a cutthroat industry and she took an uncomfortable job to try and make it. She doesn't deserve scorn.

Again, regarding Kenice Mobley: that they hired an outsider unfamiliar with the product beforehand is sort of a red herring here. If you've been on the scene for a month or more and you still don't know the name of the top guy on your show, that's a problem.

Apparently there was talent that wasn't too happy about that "Bobby Ashley" line, and I don't blame them. 

Maybe the WWE cut strategy is just to fire so many wrestlers that AEW can't hire them all. Yeah, that's the ticket!

Seriously, they have to be setting up to take selling offers, right? This is like the third round of cuts in just the last couple of months.

27 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Tyler Breeze is surprising since he seemed to be the guy they would have as a player-coach in NXT to be the veteran who gives reps to the newbies. 

Not only that but

Apparently, this is a reference to Xavier Woods' contract being up in 6 months. Considering Breeze's presence on UpUpDwnDwn, Woods could basically tell Vince "Screw you" and leave the company to focus on his gaming projects.

I don't know if these cuts are really for a sale because if I'm taking a look at the books and just in general looking for ways to save some money, I'm seeing about 50 people who are under contract who are getting paid to wrestle exclusively on an internet show no one watches and isn't even promoted, I'm seeing guys like Fandango and Tyler Breeze who are have been around for ages doing nothing, who have been moved back to NXT because there was nothing for them on the main roster and then nothing for them in NXT, either. 

If I'm starting up a game of TEW, I'm probably immediately cutting 30-40 talents without hesitation. Seems like Shao Khan is playing life this way.

Breeze was basically the #2 person on UUDD after Woods himself, Since he's stated WWE owns the UUDD franchise, I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave when his deal ends since he's arguably as known in the gaming world  if not more than wrestling and already has a hosting gig lined up for the new G4.