Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 06/21 - 06/27 The Philadelphia 76ers lost 3 home court games against the Hawks, including game 7, after Joel Embiid was introduced by Triple H.

KawadaSmile

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

So, the way I see Nick Khan's mentality; if you make us money in any way, you're safe.

He's trying to run WWE like an actual business and not a carny sideshow that keeps people employed for years and doesn't do dick with them.  The problem is he's doing it the usual corporate soulless way and doesn't take into account that cutting someone like Tyler Breeze (who on paper is expendable) may cause people like Xavier Woods (who's part of one of  their big merch sellers and does tons of publicity stuff that benefits the company) to tell them to fuck off in the future. 

49 minutes ago, PeteF3 said:

Again, regarding Kenice Mobley: that they hired an outsider unfamiliar with the product beforehand is sort of a red herring here. If you've been on the scene for a month or more and you still don't know the name of the top guy on your show, that's a problem.

Apparently there was talent that wasn't too happy about that "Bobby Ashley" line, and I don't blame them. 

I don't know the exact details of the situation, but wasn't the podcast where she made these comments recorded a while back, before she started working? I am sure they had told her that her lack of knowledge was not only not an issue, it was a feature and not a bug. Maybe she shouldn't have talked publicly about it in any case, but it's not as if she was bragging about it.

I get the wrestlers might have been mad about the Bobby Ashley line, but any wrestler who works there who still blames their issues on writers and not on Vince probably deserves to be mad

1 minute ago, MoS said:

I don't know the exact details of the situation, but wasn't the podcast where she made these comments recorded a while back, before she started working? I am sure they had told her that her lack of knowledge was not only not an issue, it was a feature and not a bug. Maybe she shouldn't have talked publicly about it in any case, but it's not as if she was bragging about it.

I get the wrestlers might have been mad about the Bobby Ashley line, but any wrestler who works there who still blames their issues on writers and not on Vince probably deserves to be mad

I hate to be "that guy" but it really seemed like most of the shitstorm was fueled by people mad that a woman was hired to write their rasslin' show, since pretty much every other WWE writer who has ever done a podcast or interview has said pretty much the same thing she did and none of them got that kind of shit for it. 

Meltzer:

This turned into a fairly big thing, heavily talked about on social media but also noted among those on the inside. Mobley was also under the gun for speaking publicly on subjects that WWE doesn’t want stuff talked about. One person very close to the situation noted the negative reaction to this and said that she is not the only one in this situation, and actually this is typical of many of the writers.  But where they were embarrassed by this is that by going public, it makes WWE to the outside world look 'blindingly stupid.'

Forget the outside world, how long have fans and people in the business been pointing this out?

She should have been smarter, but WWE probably shouldn't have hired her in the first place

1 hour ago, strobogo said:

f I'm starting up a game of TEW, I'm probably immediately cutting 30-40 talents without hesitation. Seems like Shao Khan is playing life this way.

Also I just wanted to give this some love, as this line popped me as the resident Mortal Kombat fanatic. 

6 hours ago, sek69 said:

He stood up to Drake Wuertz trying to push him around so that probably doomed him in WWE. 

That racist QAnon little shit tried to push around a 6'8" 280 pound former high-level college American football defensive end? God, I pray that he keeps trying to do that with exactly such people

Yeah he mentioned in his post-release interview that Drake was trying to order him around when he had no authority to do so and he just looked him in the eye and told him not to talk to him like that. Apparently after it happened he was afraid he just flushed his chance away but a lot of folks came to him to give him props for telling him to STFU. 

Some of those stories about trying to separate Breeze/Woods are nutcase level. We know how petty WWE can be but it never ceases to amaze me sometimes. Last line seems to be a hint as to what everyone else is assuming. I see he also posted a photo of him in his Left Right Left Right merch.

Yeah, Drake is done mouthing off to guys who'd kick his dumb ass. Now he's doing bits kissing the My Pillow Guy's ass. No joke, look for it.

In more positive news, I'm watching SD live right now, and it's wild how I've turned around on Pat McAfee. When he first started in WWE as a pre show panel guy for NXT Takeovers, he was so fucking awful that I became obsessed with how they let this guy in the air.

Now, I love the guy. He's fantastic on SD, and there's no way he's scripted. He's a lot of fun.

1 minute ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

That sounds like locker room bullshit, not WWE bullshit.

Possibly, but the part about coaches makes it sound like it was mostly WWE bullshit. Like they were trying to discourage being friends with him because Breeze was a comedy jobber and Woods was a upper mid card/borderline main event guy as part of New Day. 

1 minute ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Dude, by the time New Day was on top making money,  they could pal around with whoever they want. That sounds like FCW shit, which is where coaches and locker room shit was awful when they were there. So sure, that's WWE by proxy, but it comes off to me like a toxic locker room.

True, but it's not like WWE doesn't have a track record not liking people of different card levels mixing. Mostly romantic relationships to be sure, but it's clear as a company they expect the lower card guys to look upon everyone above them on the totem pole as career goals instead of people to associate with.

Also it's weird to me anyone would see Tyler Breeze as anyone to stay away from. He seems like one of those dudes everyone likes or at least has nothing bad to say about. The company trusted him enough to be the guy who got to work with Liger when he did his bucket list WWE/NXT match. 

Yeah, the whole " Vince wants to break up couples" is mostly just fan speculation.  The more logical explanation is that Vince doesn't care if two people are in a relationship when it comes to storylines or traveling together. He wasn't mad that Rusev and Lana tweeted their engagement while they were broke up on TV because he actually wanted them to break up. That's bonkers. He was mad because they rightfully shit in creative that stunk by " breaking kayfabe."

Now, they did try to break up Paige and Del Rio, which to be honest, was the right thing to do. 

A lot of wrestlers post things against their storyline and actively mention they are playing characters. If Vince is fine with them, why wouldn't be fine with Miro/Lana posting their in real life situation?

EDIT: seems Sasha Banks is on a roll liking Instagram posts relating to anti-vaxx conspiracy. Wrestling is such a frustrating hobby. Either your favourites get released or you realise they're morons.

They would split up couples all the time in the draft until Charlotte said that didn't work for her, brother. Now they try to keep couples on the same brand (as long as they are both on the main roster at least). 

The one exception currently is Corey Graves and Carmella, but that was more due to their  constant need to keep fucking around with the announce teams. 

Oh, I know they book couples in a way that isn't always conducive to traveling together. What I'm saying is that it isn't some weird conspiracy to break up relationships, it's Vince and the corporate structure he's created not giving a shit about the people who work for them.

It's putting a hat on a hat. Vince is a terrible person for so many reasons; it's not necessary to add weird Machiavellian intents. He's either a brain damaged and out of touch old man or an evil genius orchestrating break ups. It can't be both.

32 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

It's putting a hat on a hat. Vince is a terrible person for so many reasons; it's not necessary to add weird Machiavellian intents. He's either a brain damaged and out of touch old man or an evil genius orchestrating break ups. It can't be both.

Why can't it? The idea that McMahon may be more interested in orchestrating breakups than actually booking a fucking wrestling/"entertainment" program may be part of what makes him brain damaged and out of touch.

Sasha liking dumbass anti-vaccination posts really bums me out. I don't expect any wrestler to be shining beacons of humanity, but I was really hoping she is one of the good ones. Hopefully it's some silly misunderstanding or something. It rankles for me especially because back home in India, there is such shortage of vaccines available, the Delta variant has already mutated to give rise to yet another variant and people are dying by the thousands every day