Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 06/21 - 06/27 The Philadelphia 76ers lost 3 home court games against the Hawks, including game 7, after Joel Embiid was introduced by Triple H.

KawadaSmile

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MoS said:

Sasha liking dumbass anti-vaccination posts really bums me out. I don't expect any wrestler to be shining beacons of humanity, but I was really hoping she is one of the good ones. Hopefully it's some silly misunderstanding or something. It rankles for me especially because back home in India, there is such shortage of vaccines available, the Delta variant has already mutated to give rise to yet another variant and people are dying by the thousands every day

Jesus, is she gonna Carano herself out of Star Wars? 

33 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Because it's ridiculous.

It's really not, though. We know Vince has done product-altering stuff to spite people before (moving JR to Smackdown, and not telling him until he was drafted on the air) and I have a hard time not believing that Rusev didn't "deserve" Lana.

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

They would split up couples all the time in the draft until Charlotte said that didn't work for her, brother. Now they try to keep couples on the same brand (as long as they are both on the main roster at least). 

The one exception currently is Corey Graves and Carmella, but that was more due to their  constant need to keep fucking around with the announce teams. 

Last I checked, Naomi and Jimmy Uso are still on different brands.

1 hour ago, PeteF3 said:

It's really not, though. We know Vince has done product-altering stuff to spite people before (moving JR to Smackdown, and not telling him until he was drafted on the air) and I have a hard time not believing that Rusev didn't "deserve" Lana.

I'm sorry, but Vince being an asshole to JR is real, and Vince "Crazily plotting to break up marriages " is nonsense. I heard Miro on Jericho's podcast making fun of that and explaining the situation.

In most the interviews/podcasts I've heard with her, I've never gotten the impression that Sasha was particularly well-spoken or well-educated.

Someone once said that CM Punk struck them as a guy who probably didn't like school because he thought he was "smarter than the teachers" and I really love that description - maybe not of CM Punk, but of a specific type of person who really does hold that attitude. 

Sasha Banks is pretty open about going to middle school and high school online and caring more about wrestling than academics, which tells me all I need to know about her book smarts. Maybe in other states, online schools in the 00s were great, but in Ohio, at that time and up through today, these online charter schools are notorious for defrauding the state and taxpayers in typically poor areas by falsifying enrollment and student engagement. At least in Ohio, student performance in online schools has also been found to be lower than students receiving instruction in-person. At best, Banks has the education of maybe a 9th grader if she really did start online school at 12.

Now, that's not to say I don't respect what she does, the years of hard work and dedication, the many obstacles she's overcome, and obviously all the knowledge gained through experiences that I will never experience..but she does strike me as the type who probably did need someone to explain to her why saying "all lives matter" is controversial. 

17 hours ago, DMJ said:

Sasha Banks is pretty open about going to middle school and high school online and caring more about wrestling than academics, which tells me all I need to know about her book smarts.

Not that I'm here to defend Sasha's intelligence, but didn't she do that to take care of her disabled brother?

Some of the greatest carnies to ever carn could barely read. Professional wrestling as a whole isn't exactly recruiting scholars & astrophysicists. It's people that get hit in the head & dropped for a living while living on the road & out of motels. Even in, hell especially in modern times we shouldn't be propping these people up like they're heroes or something; that never pans out well. Look at Hulk Hogan & The Ultimate Warrior as examples. Or even Stone Cold Steve Austin. Political discourse aside, nothing a professional wrestler says or does should be surprising to us anymore, even if it is someone that currently had higher expectations from their fan base. Like, yeah, if it came out after all these years that Terry Funk was harboring a bunch of vile skeletons in his closet, it would hurt me, so I get it if it's a favorite of yours letting you down, but honestly anymore, I just expect the worst from people in the public eye.

What is interesting to me, however, is that this issue with Sasha Banks is coming on the heels of Gina Carano losing her Disney gig with The Mandalorian, a show which Sasha Banks is also cast in. Let's hope Sasha doesn't start liking Holocaust social media posts or some shit.

I will say, the one thing that drives me crazy is when fans (or "stans" I guess now) try to defend someone saying something stupid with "it's just their opinion" - like, no, when it's a health issue that affects others, it's not an opinion anymore, it's spreading harmful misinformation that could hinder the well-being of others. That's why the Drake Wuertz shit is an issue. If he were just a loon, no one would give a fuck; there's a lot of loons in wrestling. But when you're a batshit insane misinformation smuggler & the shit you're spreading is potentially harmful to others, then it because an issue that is going to garner interest & response.

5 hours ago, Coffey said:

Some of the greatest carnies to ever carn could barely read. Professional wrestling as a whole isn't exactly recruiting scholars & astrophysicists.

You mean Kane isn't smart just because he was seen with a book once?