Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 6/28-7/4 Euro 2020 is pro wrestling

sek69

Belair is an ex-Crossfit competitor so that doesn't bode well for the future of the PC. Besides, WWE most successful developmental programme is basically letting talent go and hiring them when they've got polish again.

I was able to watch Smackdown last night, since I was driving back from Orlando on Friday (no I wasn't training at the PC, lol). Not having Roman appear while leading the viewer to believe he was going to show up at the end to attack Edge was certainly a bold choice. Also Edge is looking so much like a caveman these days I half expect Cavernario from CMLL to sue him for gimmick infringement. 

Also, and I'm not saying he's on that level now or close to it, but I'm getting Vader vibes from Serious Bad Guy Otis. Not just because he did a Vader Bomb, but just the way he's working now reminds me so much of Vader and I think it's a much better fit for him than "wacky fat guy who does the worm". 

Zelina's return out of the blue was cool, but putting her right into MITB made no sense kayfabe wise and Liv is 100% right to say just automatically putting people in there with no qualifying is bullshit. Also while I don't blame Zelina for going back to WWE business wise, it was a little disheartening to see she went back and deleted her pro union tweets and went right into typical WWE hivemind by bashing the "dirt sheets" for making up  lies about where she was going, despite the fact that Sean Ross Sapp pretty much nailed that she would be going back to WWE down to the day she would be showing up. I just hope she got a raise to come back to make looking like a complete corporate tool worth it. 

Big E/Shin vs Apollo/Corbin was a fun tag, but it's weird they are doing what should be a sympathetic "life spiraling out of control" angle with Baron Corbin who has been consistently portrayed as an unlikable dickhead his entire WWE run. Plus they made Rick Boogz look like a real asshole following him backstage making king jokes to rub salt in his wounds. 

Bianca/Bayley stuff was fine, and I'm sure the match would be great, but the women really suffer more in this "every show is a million rematches" era of WWE since it really exposes there's only a handful of women on each show. The Man can't come back soon enough to save us. 

The direction for Corbin's character is sure interesting. As you said, for so long, Corbin has been booked as this asshole for whom you would have no sympathy whatsoever and now, they're doing everything to steer the viewer in the direction of Corbin getting sympathy, to the point they shot an IG story of Corbin selling his watch to Dolph Ziggler to get some money.

As for MITB next week, I'd assume that Rollins & Nakamura are the last to qualify.

8 hours ago, SirEdger said:

The direction for Corbin's character is sure interesting. As you said, for so long, Corbin has been booked as this asshole for whom you would have no sympathy whatsoever and now, they're doing everything to steer the viewer in the direction of Corbin getting sympathy, to the point they shot an IG story of Corbin selling his watch to Dolph Ziggler to get some money.

As for MITB next week, I'd assume that Rollins & Nakamura are the last to qualify.

Corbin qualifying, winning, and having to sell his briefcase and title shot for money would be a great addition to this storyline.