Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 7/5 - 7/11 I guess no one watched Raw last night

NintendoLogic

I know some less-than-savoury and more-than-hard people who are quite at home in the exercise yard of Her Majesty's Hotel. If I was sat around talking about Dav'oh's Penitentiary they'd be putting billiard balls in socks for my edification.

I truly (if maliciously) hope Jimmy is sentenced to a period of new friendships, and that said friends welcome him in a way that ensures he never spouts his "Uso Penitentiary" dick-waving misappropriating bullshit ever again.

1 hour ago, Rah said:

What's frustrating about the Jimmy case is that he knows how to play the system at this point. He never refused to take a field sobriety test back in 2019 but said he would only comply if his lawyer was present (there is a part in the video where he goes in circles each time the officer tries to conduct it). There's not much else the officer could have done, it seems, and they had to wait for his lawyer to arrive from out of state which gives Jimmy enough time to bring down any readings. 

I imagine it then going something like:
Defense: did you take a test?
Officer: No, bu...
Defense: do you have proof he was over the limit
Defense: I rest my case.

Yeah, exactly this. He's going to keep doing it and getting away with it until a jury is overly hostile to him or he causes an accident.

4 hours ago, Rah said:

What's frustrating about the Jimmy case is that he knows how to play the system at this point. He never refused to take a field sobriety test back in 2019 but said he would only comply if his lawyer was present (there is a part in the video where he goes in circles each time the officer tries to conduct it). There's not much else the officer could have done, it seems, and they had to wait for his lawyer to arrive from out of state which gives Jimmy enough time to bring down any readings. 

I imagine it then going something like:
Defense: did you take a test?
Defense: do you have proof he was over the limit
Defense: I rest my case.

That doesn't sound right to me. Implied consent means the act of operating a motor vehicle gives consent to a submit to a BAC test after a DUI arrest. There is no requirement to submit to a field sobriety test, but they should have given him a breathalyzer test at the police station. If he refused that (even a conditional refusal like asking for a lawyer to be present), his license should have been automatically suspended. All I can think of is that maybe they thought the dashcam footage was damning enough. Or maybe his lawyer was able to convince the jury that his arrest wasn't lawful because the officer didn't have probable cause to pull him over. That's how Alex Riley beat a DUI charge in 2011.

Fitting thread title, @NintendoLogic. f4wonline.com reports, "Monday's night's July 5 edition of Raw averaged 1.472 million viewers on the USA Network, down 6.2 percent from the previous week." (The week before it was down 8.7 percent). It's the lowest number since September 13, 1993.

Something's gotta give...

5 hours ago, Dav'oh said:

Fitting thread title, @NintendoLogic. f4wonline.com reports, "Monday's night's July 5 edition of Raw averaged 1.472 million viewers on the USA Network, down 6.2 percent from the previous week." (The week before it was down 8.7 percent). It's the lowest number since September 13, 1993.

Something's gotta give...

I think it's past the point of recovering. They have burned people so bad that they would need at least a year of amazing programming to even get people to start giving them a chance again. 

They would need an entire flush of creative and just start over with new people. 

They were doing mandatory training to get ready to go back on the road, and it was apparently a freak injury during a chain wrestling segment. As  silly as the methods at the PC are, this looks like it was just a "shit happens" situation. 

I saw it mentioned they should put Bayley on commentary so she and Pat can just troll Michael Cole for two hours, and I don't hate that idea. Unfortunately WWE likes to make injured people vanish off the face of the earth so they can have a surprise return. 

Bayley on commentary or even as a manager would be some good usage. She is still very entertaining even when not wrestling, and it would give her something to do.

Also, regarding SmackDown, some spoilers per PWI:

Shotzi and Tegan Nox (maybe Ember Moon? dunno) to face Tamina and Nattie