Sign in to follow this  
Loss

Randy Orton vs Terry Gordy

Randy Orton vs Terry Gordy  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you rank higher?

• Randy Orton
    • Terry Gordy

It is an interesting comparison, because Gordy was revered as a generational talent within the industry, but his matches don't really live up to that, with a few exceptions. That said, I see him as no more than a mild disappointment, with a strong record as a tag worker and a key role in one of the great territorial feuds. Orton has largely squandered one of the great silver-platter careers in wrestling history. He's clearly gifted and has been treated as a top guy by the dominant company for close to two decades, but he has so little memorable work to show for it. He's steered into being boring as shit. 

I more or less cosign much of what Childs said.  I was generous to Orton in the Ultimo comparison. This feels a lot easier to me.  Gordy's output doesn't match the reputation and the buzz, but I sometimes think the pendulum did its thing and swung a little far back on him. I would say his tag work alone produces more quality wrestling that I actively want to watch than Orton's career, but he is also not without some solid singles performances as well.