Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - July 7th, 2021 - On The Road Again

Flyin' Brian

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Cornette/Russo are far more similar than they are different and I believe that's the main reason they hate each other so much. 

2. A heel saying something like that after a fan jump the railing is not something to read the riot act over, imo. 

Especially as AEW has actually done worked angles with fans throwing shit or trying to attack MJF previously, I wouldn't at all be surprised if it was a plant this time a well.

14 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

He was looking at Jim Cornette & Brian Last's approval and that got him a block from Brian Last. Irony at its finest.

Yeah the thing is this is pretty much the end game for Jim's carny bullshit. All it takes is one unstable person to take it to heart not realizing he's "working" and take matters into his own hands.

Nothing Cornette has said about AEW can be rationally construed as incitement to violence. There's no way he can be held responsible for the actions of a guy who's clearly off his rocker. He's been saying far worse things about Vince Russo for decades, and there have been no attempts on Russo's life that I'm aware of.

The guy basically said on Twitter weeks back that he was going to do this shit. He is clearly insane. 

And I am actually kind of surprised no one has ever tried to actively harm Russo. This guy might be clearly insane, but he is far from the only wrestling fans over the years who has been clearly insane 

44 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Nothing Cornette has said about AEW can be rationally construed as incitement to violence. There's no way he can be held responsible for the actions of a guy who's clearly off his rocker. He's been saying far worse things about Vince Russo for decades, and there have been no attempts on Russo's life that I'm aware of.

He's built up his brand by saying AEW is damaging to wrestling while making derogatory statements toward the people involved. I'm not saying Jim specifically sat down and decided to invoke violence, but he should have considered the effect the shit he says has on people who are fervent believers, let alone someone who might be mentally ill. Reminds me a lot of a certain other person who says shit to rile up his followers then is seemingly surprised when they in fact get riled up. 

I hate the leaps he takes when ranting about AEW. I really do enjoy whatever Corny says about wrestling for the period ending with whatever work he got cajoled into by Jeff Jarrett’s umbrella promotion.

Now that he is quasi-out of the business pretty much everything he says about modern wrestling is ignorant at best.  Most of the time the way that he demeans AEW wrestlers just seem waaay too personal for it to just be about wrestling.  The scary thing is that it probably is just about wrestling.  If it isn’t exactly wrestling related then he needs some counselling from one of his sponsors.

This IS Jim Cornette we are talking about…of course ot is probably 100% about professional wrestling.  That’s always what makes his stories so worth skipping past (or listen, because I do) the hatred for all that he can no longer comprehend in the wrestling business.  He has great insight until maybe around the 2015-16.  Will Ospreys and Ricochet might have been the straw to break Cornette’s brain.

Honestly, he seems like any other person who went so deep into his hobby he sees anything that challenges what he's comfortable with as a personal attack. I see it all the time in the gaming world, and comics might be the worst when it comes to that. People completely tie their identity into their hobby/obsession and they end up losing themselves. 

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

Honestly, he seems like any other person who went so deep into his hobby he sees anything that challenges what he's comfortable with as a personal attack. I see it all the time in the gaming world, and comics might be the worst when it comes to that. People completely tie their identity into their hobby/obsession and they end up losing themselves. 

Comics have kind of become a game of when they finally cross that line for someone on price and reboots. The fandom does get toxic but the companies all employ very predatory business practices and are just at the point of gouging whatever they can get out of the couple of fabs still buying their books. 

2 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Comics have kind of become a game of when they finally cross that line for someone on price and reboots. The fandom does get toxic but the companies all employ very predatory business practices and are just at the point of gouging whatever they can get out of the couple of fabs still buying their books. 

I used to be into comics, but it got so hard to follow the storylines. Between yearly reboots and having to buy a million different books to get the entire story, it's like comics are stuck in a Groundhog Day loop. 

32 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I used to be into comics, but it got so hard to follow the storylines. Between yearly reboots and having to buy a million different books to get the entire story, it's like comics are stuck in a Groundhog Day loop. 

I find older stuff easier to understand and follow. Things like Marvel Unlimited and DC Universe make buying floppies a poor deal. 

But your experience isn't unusual. Manga and Scholastic releases like Dog Man just destroy comics now. They did it to themselves with short term thinking.