Pro Wrestling Only

Mid-South Wrestling

kevinmcfl

Casey and Sunshine give a fired up promo. Sunshine and Precious are heading for some explosive catfights. 

The Freebirds know how to play the numbers game and they do just that on Casey.

Watts manages to piss off both Brody and Bart LOL. 

Tojo and his man Kendo are making progress here.

Murdoch gets the best of the Masked Yankee and even Strong takes notice. I like that the Yankees have been working with some top names. I'm enjoying this duo. 

Putting Steel down with the DDT shows how devastating that move is. 

Bad Bad Leroy Brown has returned with Ladd. Ladd has one bad stable. As always looking forward to Ladd's next promo. On the flip side, Soul Man has a pretty good friend in Murdoch. 

The Sam Houston fans get to let loose as TERRY GORDY returns! What a moment! We get this plus a Precious/Sunshine catfight. Fans got their money's worth with this match. 

Masked Superstars are back on track with a solid title defense. To bad Steel had to sub earlier. 

Reed gets a satisfying win. LOL, Adnan chooses the money over LeDuc. 

After all the craziness, we get a 45 minute classic between Magnum and Dibiase. I'll let Dibiase slide on the questionable tactics since it was for all the marbles. Looks like Magnum felt the same. 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see "Captain Redneck" back in the Mid-South area. He'll be a lot of fun brawling with all the guys here!

Leroy Brown is another huge get for Ladd, literally and figuratively!!

Man, that Gordy return would have blown the roof off the place for sure. The matches that are coming up are going to be huge and ole PS Hayes better be ready for the fight of his life!!

Hell of a main event! Seems like 45 minute classics are all the rage this week! Send me a tape of this one too!!

Wow, Casey and Sunshine really laid the verbal smack down on Garvin and Precious!  

Good explanation for the departures of Bart and Brody

The Yankees may have all they can handle with Captain Redneck!

Bad News and Ernie Ladd are even more dangerous with the addition of Leroy Brown!

Gordy is back! Very nicely done! The Freebirds are in a world of trouble!

Great win for Reed over LeDuc!!

What a main event! Magnum vs. Dibiase was surely a classic!

ohE4lyh.png?5

Lakefront Arena:  New Orleans, Louisiana

October 1, 1986

First 6 matches partially shown on Superstation 17

First, as time continues to be an issue for me, I want to explain a couple of the angles that would have been advanced during the last Power Pro’s tv show.

1.  NWA President, Bill Watts, hypes the next joint NWA Supercard which will be Halloween Havoc on October 31st in the Omni.  This event will include a 16-man tournament where the winner will get an NWA World Title shot.  Each of the NWA territories, Mid-South, Continental Championship Wrestling, and Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling will send 5 wrestlers to Atlanta on Halloween.  The last Rope Battle Royal to be held the week before.  Again, all territories will send competitors to this Battle Royal.  Watts’s went on to explain that the first two entrants to the Halloween Havoc would be the NWA North American Champion, Hacksaw Butch Reed and the NWA Mid-South Champion, “Soul Man” Rocky Johnson.  The last three picks will have to find their way in by winning a qualifying match.  Those matches will be announced next week and will take place two weeks from now in Shreveport.

2.  Cowboy Bill Watts also formally announces the suspension of Bruiser Brody.  Brody was angry at Watts for punishing him and Black Bart after their No Contest brawl in Jackson, Mississippi.  He said that the No Contest was all Black Bart’s fault as he attacked him in the aisle.  Brody, who was still fuming, decided to NO SHOW the event in Houston this week and forced U.S. Steel to take his match against Jake “The Snake” Roberts.  Watts explained that Brody has a right to be angry but has no right to not show up to work.  Brody is free to go anywhere he wants but just won’t be returning to Mid-South anytime soon.

3.  A promo hyping the return to Mid-South Wrestling of the greatest tag team in NWA history …. The Rock n Roll is headed your way!

4.  Sheik Adnan Al Kassie spent a lot of time praising his Mid-South Tag Team Champions, The Masked Superstars, and said there is so little competition in Mid-South Wrestling that he must find a way to motivate the challengers to wrestle his team.  He has decided to start the Superstar Challenge which is where he will pay any team $50,000 of his own money if they can beat his champions.

5.  Scott Casey and Sunshine were fuming as he came out of the locker room with a note, he found stating that someone has posted a $25,000 Bounty on his wrestling career.  He knows that Jimmy Garvin is behind this and demands that Garvin come out right now and face him.  Jimmy Garvin was not in the building, but “Crippler” Rip Oliver came from behind and beat Casey pretty good.  Oliver was obviously after the bounty and tossed Casey around pretty good before the other babyfaces came to the rescue of Casey.  Sunshine was obviously distraught but explained that this is the exact reason she left Garvin in the first place as he is nothing but a low-down dirty dog!

6.  Koko Ware made his Mid-South debut and his upbeat, charismatic personality along with his high-flying arsenal had the crowd out of their seats.  His post-match interview explained that he came to Mid-South because he wanted to test himself against the best and he knows that Mid-South has the best wrestlers in the world.

Now on to our show in New Orleans…

“The Mighty Yankee” Billy Jack Strong defeated “Cajun” Joey Jackson by submission with the swinging full nelson.

Koko Ware defeats Gorgeous Gary Young with the top rope elbow drop.  Give Young some credit as he did a good job of bringing some heat on himself here and he did a hell of a job of bumping and selling to help get the newcomer over.

U.S. Steel with a patriotic win over “The Russian Assassin” Alexis Smirnoff with a Bearhug Slam. 

Scott Casey with Sunshine vs Ken Timbs never took place as Casey was attacked on his way to the ring by “Crippler” Rip Oliver.  Oliver seems to be hard up for money as he wants that bounty placed on the career of Scott Casey.  Ken Timbs joined in the brawl thinking he could cash in also but when U.S. Steel and Koko Ware rushed out, Oliver and Timbs headed for the hills.

Kendo Nagasaki with Tojo Yamamota defeated Patriot Todd Champion as Tojo distracted the ref and Kendo clobbered Champion in the head with the kendo stick.

Superstar Challenge    

Challengers get not only the titles but $50,000 of Sheik Adnan Al Kassie’s money if they win the Mid-South Tag Team Titles:

The Masked Superstars defeat Rufus “Freight Train” Jones & Mike George when the Superstars hit the back-breaker/elbow drop combo on Mike George! 

Grude Match

Bad News Allen & Bad LeRoy Brown with Ernie Ladd defeated “Captain Redneck” Dick Murdoch and “Soul Man Rocky Johnson by count-out as Ernie Ladd grabbed the legs of Rocky and prevented him from getting back into the ring. 

North American Title Match

“Hacksaw” Butch Redd © defeated Jake “The Snake” Roberts with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie as Jos Leduc once again clobbered The Snake with the briefcase full of money which allowed Reed to hit the top rope shoulder block for the win.  After the match, Roberts shoved Leduc causing The Sheik to beg for cooler heads.  The Snake threw his hands in the air and walked away. 

Main Event

Ted Dibiase, Dr. Death, & Terry Gordy defeated The Freebirds with Precious (Michael Hayes, Buddy Roberts & Jimmy Garvin) with a little help from Sunshine.  The match was an all-out chaotic bout that saw a little of everything.  In the end, Sunshine came to the ring and got in the face of Gorgeous Jimmy Garvin.  She was holding the bounty note on Scott Casey and you could tell she was blaming him for it.  Michael eyes had just raked the eyes of Ted Dibiase and turned to try and get Garvin away from Sunshine.  Unfortunately, this delay allowed Dibiase time to make the tag to Terry Gordy!  As Hayes turned around….

WHAM… Gordy scooped up Hayes and landed a big powerslam.  Buddy Roberts tried to make the save but was caught with a big clothesline by Dr. Death.

So long from the Pelican State!

Watts with a blockbuster announcement of a 16 man tournament at Halloween Havoc!

Honestly the Brody story you've got going sounds like a way he'd exit a territory irl.

Casey has a price on his head! I think Sunshine is onto something accusing Garvin.

Koko Ware could be big here.

Nothing makes a crowd (or Bill Watts) happy like a flag waving Murican beating a commie!

Papa-san is up too his usual shenanigans i see.

Freight Train & The Timekeeper take the first shot at the Superstar Challenge. This is gonna blow up in the Shiek's face sooner or later & I can't wait.

Ernie Ladd's Bad Bad team is off to a great start.

Ok Leduc is on thin ice.

Sunshine isn't gonna let Garvin (presumably) put a bounty on her man's head without making him pay for it.

Something tells me that Adnan and his 50k won't be together a whole lot longer, and that will make the Sheik a very unhappy man!

Koko is going to be a nice fit here in Mid-South.

Sunshine on the warpath is going to be very bad for Jimmy. She isn't the kind to sit back and wait..... and as I thought, her distraction allows Gordy to begin getting his revenge on the Birds.

and Yes, I said beginning! Gordy is going to beat those boys from pillar to post and I am looking forward to it!

Good stuff dude!

I'm excited about Halloween Havoc, some very interesting matches from across the NWA will take place in that tournament.

I agree with Dragon, the Brody storyline seems exactly how this would go down IRL.

Rock & Roll huh.....Well, they are down 2 to 0 in the Best of Seven so.....

I know some tag teams in CCW that might wanna come take on the $50,000 Superstars Challenge.

Uh oh....Casey had a bounty on his head...Garvin isn't playing fair but that's no surprise.

Koko is an exciting addition to the Mid South roster and he's in his prime and ready to go!

Ernie Ladd as always is the difference maker, nice win for Bad News and Bad Leroy! 

Things are getting heated among Jake and LeDuc and Butch Reed reaps the benefits! 

Great finish to the main event....kudos, despite being so busy you're keeping things red hot in the Mid South!

The best of the NWA competing in a tournament for a world title shot! I've got my ticket for Halloween Havoc. 

Adnan is pretty damn confident in his Superstars. 

The classic bounty angle always brings heat. 

Koko is off to a great start.

US Steel is back on the winning track with that patriotic crowd pleasing win. 

Oh man, Oliver really wants that bounty money.

Tojo and Kendo plus a kendo stick equals defeat.

Well, Adnan puts his money where his mouth is and tonight it paid off. 

Only a matter of time before Ladd gets a Soul Man knock out punch.

Reed takes down Snake thanks to another LeDuc blunder. Doesn't look like Jake is going to keep his cool much longer. 

Wild main event as Sunshine provides enough of a distraction for Gordy to put Hayes down! 

ohE4lyh.png?5

Riverside Centroplex:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

October 8, 1986

First 5 matches partially shown on Superstation 17

First, as time continues to be an issue for me, I want to explain a couple of the angles that would have been advanced during the last Power Pro’s tv show.

1.  NWA President, Bill Watts, hypes the next joint NWA Supercard which will be Halloween Havoc on October 31st in the Omni.  This event will include a 16-man tournament where the winner will get an NWA World Title shot.  Each of the NWA territories, Mid-South, Continental Championship Wrestling, and Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling will send 5 wrestlers to Atlanta on Halloween.  The last Rope Battle Royal to be held the week before.  Again, all territories will send competitors to this Battle Royal.  Watts’s went on to explain that the first two entrants to the Halloween Havoc would be the NWA North American Champion, Hacksaw Butch Reed and the NWA Mid-South Champion, “Soul Man” Rocky Johnson.  The last three picks will have to find their way in by winning a qualifying match.  Those matches will be announced next week and will take place this week in Baton Rouge.  Those matches are:

Ted Dibiase vs Jake “The Snake Roberts with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie

Dick Murdoch vs Kendo Nagasaki

Bad News Allen vs Steve “Dr. Death” Williams

2.  After a third attack by “Crippler” Rip Oiver on “Cowboy” Scott Casey, Casey demanded and was granted a match with Oliver tonight in Baton Rouge.  Oliver was excited as he couldn’t wait to collect the $25,000 bounty placed on the career of Casey.  Speaking of that bounty, Jimmy Garvin, Precious and the rest of the Freebirds guaranteed that it was not them who issued the bounty.  Watts didn’t seem to believe them and guaranteed that he would come down very heavy on whoever placed the bounty on Casey as that is not how the NWA works.

3.  A personally paid for promo hyping the return to Mid-South Wrestling of the greatest tag team in NWA history …. As we find out that the Rock n Roll will be in Baton Rouge tonight. 

4.  What a main event we had on Power Pro as it was Jake “The Snake Roberts & Lumberjack Jos Leduc with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie taking on the NWA World Tag Team Champions, Ted Dibiase & Dr. Death for the NWA Titles…

Problem for the heels was that they couldn’t get on the same page.  A missed tag here, a botched double-team move there and the coup de grace, another blunder where Leduc clobbered Snake and that was all she wrote as  Williams followed up that blunder with an Oklahoma Stampede on Snake for the win.  When he recovered, Roberts was fuming and shoved Leduc in the chest…. Sheik tried to calm everything down, but Snake was having nothing to do with it.  When Leduc came back at Roberts, we have the big closing to the show….

WHAM…. DDT by Snake on Leduc and the screen goes black.

Now on to our show in Baton Rouge…

Italian Stallion & “Iron” Mike Sharpe wrestle to a 10-minute draw

Superstar Challenge :  If challengers win they get the Mid-South tag titles & $50,000 of Sheik Adnan Al Kassie’s money 

The Masked Superstars defeat The Batten Twins when the Superstars hit the back-breaker/elbow drop combo on Bart. 

Scott Casey with Sunshine wrestled Rip Oliver to a DDQ

Terry “Bam Bam” Gordy defeated The Mighty Yankee with the Piledriver

The Freebirds (Garvin & Roberts) with Precious & Michael Hayes defeat The Patriots (U.S. Steel & Todd Champion) after Hayes tripped up Champion and Roberts hit a top rope knee drop to the back of his head. 

Halloween Havoc Qualifying Match for the NWA World Title Shot Tournament

Kendo Nagasaki with Tojo Yamamota vs “Captain Redneck” Dick Murdoch started with Tojo grabbing the house microphone and in almost tearful spot, apologized for the poor relationship between hos country and the United States.  He went on and said that Japan should never have bombed Pearl Harbor…. But INSTEAD should have bombed thus hellhole you call Baton Rouge.  Talk about heat… the crowd was foaming and there was nothing else for Murdoch to do but come out and defeat Nagasaki with the Brain Buster.  As Tojo tried to clobber Captain Redneck with the bamboo stick, Murdoch grabbed the weapon and proceeded to whack Tojo with at least 10 could hits.  Murdoch was even more over now than before!

Bad News Allen vs Steve “Dr. Death” Williams ended in a victory by Bad News Allen after referee Carl Fergie seemed to get hurt just before Bad LeRoy Brown came into the ring and hit Dr. Death with the brass knuckles.  As soon as LeRoy was gone, Fergie was healed and able to make the 3 count. 

Mid-South Title Match

Rocky “Soul Man” Johnson © defeats Michael Hayes by DQ as Jimmy Garvin interfered.  This brought at Scott Casey… followed by Rip Oliver… followed by Buddy Roberts…. Followed by Terry Gordy!  A brawl that will be talked about for a long time in Baton Rouge! 

Ted Dibiase defeated Jake “The Snake” Roberts with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie with a sling shot suplex in the match of the night that.  First, it was obvious that Sheik and Snake were on the same page after the main event from this week’s Power Pro.  Secondly, Sheik carried his own briefcase tonight as Jos Leduc was no where to be seen.  That is until he started to come down to ringside during this bout.  Third, it is obvious that Sheik has a new “Security guard” as Hercules Ayala attacked Leduc form behind and we ram Leduc into the steel girder.  It might have been this distraction that caused Snake to get caught by Dibiase but none the less, it seems that Roberts can beat everyone in Mid-South but Dibiase.  After the bout, Dibiase glares a hole in that Million Dollar briefcase.    

Action is intense in Mid-South!

Dibiase, Murdoch, Bad News, Johnson, and Reed is one hell of a group to be sending in for the tournament! It will be interesting to see who the other NWA members send in to compete.

I guess LeDuc is finished, or at the least Jake is all done with him.

Be interested to see who put the bounty on Casey if not the Birds. The brawl with the Birds, Casey, Oliver, and Gordy sounds awesome!

Great Stuff Man!! Get yourself healed up and hurry back!

Oliver must've fallen on hard times since Dark Journey & the boys left with how hard he's chasing the bounty on Casey.

Can't say I'm surprised to see Leduc get the boot. Ayala is one hell of a replacement.

Anybody else get the feeling that the caning he took from Murdoch was the ONLY reason Tojo was able to leave Baton Rouge alive?

Hmm. Interesting timing on that "injury" Carl.

Mid-South is certainly sending 5 of the very best to the Omni.

Kinda bummed Rock n Roll skipped no-showed.

Hot feud going between Casey and Oliver. The question is, who put the bounty on Casey???

Looking forward to Rock n Roll coming back to Mid South.

LeDuc pays for his blunders with the DDT! 

The Masked Superstars back up Adnan and his 50,000 dollars.

Gordy is defiantly back in form as he takes down the Mighty Yankee.

Opponents have to be on alert when Hayes is on the outside during a Freebirds match. 

LOL, Tojo pays dearly for his comments and so does Kendo. 

I'm sure Watts is going to be watching Fergie more closely from now on. 

Soul Man gets the DQ win over Hayes and one of the wildest brawls ever follows! 

Big time match as Dibiase qualifies over Jake. Mid South better watch out because Adnan has brought in Hercules Ayala. I know Ayala didn't come cheap. Hmmmm, Dibiase glaring at the million dollar briefcase. Very interesting.

Halloween Havoc is going to be awesome! 

ohE4lyh.png?5

Memorial Coliseum:  Shreveport, Louisiana

October 14, 1986

First 5 matches partially shown on Superstation 17

1.  NWA President, Bill Watts, hypes the next joint NWA Supercard which will be Halloween Havoc on October 31st in the Omni.  This event will include a 16-man tournament where the winner will get an NWA World Title shot.  Each of the NWA territories, Mid-South, Continental Championship Wrestling, and Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling will send 5 wrestlers to Atlanta on Halloween.  Mid-South will be sending Hacksaw Butch Reed, Rocky Johnson, Dick Murdoch, Ted Dibiase, and Bad News Allen.

2.  Watts goes on to explain that there will be an NWA-wide Battle Royal to decide the last entrant into the tournament and that next week in Jackson, Mississippi, we will have 5 qualifying matches to see who Mid-South will be sending to the Battle Royal.

Now on to this week’s show in Shreveport…

Italian Stallion defeated Alaskan Hunter #1 with a powerslam but he paid the price as he was attacked by Alaskan Hunter #2 and roughed up pretty badly.

The Rock n Roll vs the Batten Twins

As Rock n Roll All Night by Kiss begins to blare from the speakers, the crowd goes wild.  Finally, the Express is back….  Hold on just a minute a minute.  Mike Davis and Tommy Lane, The Rock n Roll RPM’s make their way to the ring.  The cheers quickly change to boos and Tommy Lane does nothing to help the situation as he takes the house mic and announces that the greatest Rock n Roll tag team in history is here and there is nothing anyone in Mid-South can do about it.  As for the match, the RPM’s did nothing to win over the fans.  While they were fast-paced, it was one questionable tactic after the next.  With crowd all over them, they did the best copycat ending they could as they connected with a double dropkick in Bart Batten for the pin.

Koko Ware defeats “The Cuban Assassin” with the top rope elbow drop

Superstar Challenge   

Challengers get not only the titles but $50,000 of Sheik Adnan Al Kassie’s money if they win the Mid-South Tag Team Titles:

The Masked Superstars defeat Mike Graham & Mike George when the Superstars hit the back-breaker/elbow drop combo on Graham. 

Rip Oliver vs Scott Casey with Sunshine ended in a No Contest as Tojo Yamamota and Kendo Nagasaki attacked Casey on his way to the ring.  They were obviously trying to collect the bounty.  Oliver could care less about the match and just wanted to make sure that he got his share of the $25,000 bounty someone placed on Casey.  This 3-1 attack is brutal and goes on for some time.  Finally, Koko, Italian Stallion and the Battens hit the ring and make the save.  The evil trio think they have completed the job and can be heard screaming, “where’s the money” as they head up the aisle.

Dick Murdoch defeats Bad LeRoy Brown with Ernie Ladd in an all-out brawl that saw the ref miss the chair shot by Murdoch on Brown for the win.  Ernie Ladd was fuming about “how the fix was in from the beginning.”

Mid-South Title Match

Rocky Johnson © defeats Bad News Allen with Ernie Ladd by DQ as the ref caught Ladd interfering in the match with the big boot.  Again, Ladd is heard yelling about the double standard.

Main Event:  6 Man Tag Match

Freebirds (Hayes, Roberts, Garvin) with precious vs Ted Dibiase, Dr. Death & Terry Gordy

It is obvious after a few minutes that nothing can help the Freebirds from getting a severe beating here… nothing except… Precious and a purse.

As Gordy is roughing up Garvin, Precious climbs to the apron…

Wham… Loaded Purse shot on Bam Bam.

Nothing… No effect at all.  It is like a light went off in Preciou’s head as she remembered something….

Wham.. Piledriver by Gordy on Gorgeous Jimmy

Dibiase and Dr. Death make sure that the other Freebirds don’t make the save as the ref completes the 3-count.

Gordy looks at Precious who just tried to knock him out with her loaded purse.  Precious drops the purse and runs to the locker room in fear.

The crowd explodes as Sunshine appears and blocks her way.

Gordy picks up the dropped purse and as he opens it, a huge smile comes across his face.  He pulls out a huge wad a cash.  I bet if you count it, it will be $25,000.  The exact amount of the bounty on Scott Casey.

Precious pleads with Sunshine but to no avail.  The attack is on!

Gordy simply puts the cash in his trunks and gives Garvin one last kick before exiting with Dibiase and Dr. Death/

Stallion may have to look into finding a partner in the pretty near future.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I kinda forgot the RPM's were a thing for a bit. I did remember before today but for a couple of promos I was as hyped as the Mid-South fans.

Koko is coming along nicely.

The Superstars aren't giving up those belts OR the Shiek's money without a fight.

Happy to see other people starting to go after the bounty on Casey. Especially Papa-san. Lord knows however much he hated literally EVERYTHING else about America he could never get enough of our "green American money"

I don't know why but I'm going to say Carl Fergie wasn't refereeing either of Ladd's men's matches.

Oh Precious...if only you'd payed up you could've avoided this particular embarrassment. But I'm glad you didn't.

Stallion found out the hard way, you mess with one Alaskan Hunter, you mess with both. 

Swerve of the Century! It's not the Express but it's the RPMS! Oh man I bet that crowd was pissed! Monster heat! 

Masked Superstars keep Adnan's streak going. 

Oliver wants that bounty money bad but so does Tojo and Kendo. 

Murdoch takes down Leroy with a chair. Ladd's " fix was in" line was a nice touch. 

Bad night for Ladd as his interference costs Allen the match. 

Wild 6 man tag ends the night. LOL, a money loaded purse sure wont take Gordy down. Sunshine gets some satisfying shots on Precious. Gordy not only gets the win but goes home with a lot of cash. Great stuff! 

As much as I hate the RPM's, that's a fantastic way to get them some major heat right out of the gate. Good Stuff!

Digging the 50k challenge. Very interested to see who ends up winning that, and how badly Adnan loses it when that happens!

Poor Scott Casey. Everyone is after that bounty on his head!

Ernie Ladd thinks his men are getting screwed, but he's done a lot of screwing himself around here. Karma's a bitch!

What a wild main event, with a ton going on! Precious screws the pooch and gets her ass beat by Sunshine. Gordy brings home the victory and collects the bounty on Scott Casey!! Tremendous!!

Now I have to wonder what's going to happen when Kendo and Oliver come looking for the money and the Birds don't have it!!

ohE4lyh.png?5

The Coliseum at Mississippi State Fairgrounds:  Jackson, Mississippi

October 21, 1986

The show starts with a somber NWA President, Bill Watts, who informs everyone that last week, Magnum T.A. was in a serious car accident just miles from his home in Charlotte, North Carolina and that he is in serious but stable condition.  Watts explains that Magnum needs all our prayers at this moment as his injuries are serious and doctors are unsure if he will ever walk again.

“Folks you know there are three things I hold most dear… God, family and nation.  So, let’s all stand and hold hands with whoever is next to you and show that we are all family here… that’s it… now let’s bow our heads and pray to God to give Magnum the strength he needs in the struggle of his life.  Our Father….

Thank you.  Now we are just 10 days away from Halloween Havoc and the NWA Board of Directors and I will meet this week to discuss the future of NWA World Title if Magnum T.A. is not be able to continue as World Champion.  Folks. I truly hope this is not the situation.  Please make sure to tune in to all NWA broadcasts this week and we will pass along any information we have on Magnum T.A. and Halloween Havoc. 

Match 1: 

The Rock n Roll RPM’s defeat Mark Fleming & “Cajun” Joey Jackson with a bundle of dirty tactics and a double dropkick finish.

After the match, Mike Davis and Tommy Lane take the house mic and really give it to the Mid-South fans as they were booed last week after a tremendous performance and the same thing has happened tonight.  They continues to throw gas on the fire as they again claimed to be the greatest Rock n  Roll tag team in the history of professional wrestling.

Match 2:  Winner goes to the Battle Royal for the last spot in Halloween Havoc

Freebird Michael Hayes defeats Mike Graham with a low blow followed by a running bulldog.

Match 3:  Winner goes to the Battle Royal for the last spot in Halloween Havoc 

Freebird Jimmy Garvin defeats Koko Ware with a brainbuster after Precious pushed Koko off the top rope as he was going for his finisher, the top rope elbow drop. 

After the match, Tojo Yamamota, Kendo Nagasaki and “Crusher” Rip Oliver came out and confronted Precious as they wanted their $25,000 for taking out Scott Casey.  Precious immediately started to panic and blamed Terry Gordy for stealing the money.

This brought out NWA President Bill Watts as he demanded to know about this so-called bounty everyone is talking about because he will suspend anyone involved in this.  Tojo, Kendo and Rip change their tune quickly and start to retreat.  When they are behind Precious the make the money sign with their fingers at Precious and then the slashing the throat sign to Jimmy Garvin who is truly taken off-guard by all this.

Watts now turns to Precious and wants some answer.  Maybe it is Watts or the threat from the three heels but Precious just takes off up the aisle crying.  Watts lets everyone know that he will get to the bottom of all this.

Match 4:  Winner goes to the Battle Royal for the last spot in Halloween Havoc

Jake “The Snake” Roberts with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie defeats Jos Leduc with a DDT. 

Leduc, who recently was tossed out of Sheik’s army for costing The Snake too many matches, tried his best here and held much of the momentum and even bloodied up Jake with some brutal blows.  Unfortunately, he rushed into the corner too quickly.  Roberts moved away at the last second and when Leduc staggered backwards, Roberts connected with the DDT.

MATCH 5:  Winner goes to the Battle Royal for the last spot in Halloween Havoc

“Dr. Death” Steve Williams vs “Bad” LeRoy Brown with Ernie Ladd

The match started with Ernie Ladd getting right in the face of ref Ron West and demanding that there not be a repeat of last week where there was obviously a double standard against his men.

This brought out Bill Watts who was in no mood for Ernie Ladd demanded that Ernie Ladd immediately leave the building as it is against Mid-South and NWA rules to threaten one of their officials.  He also told Ladd to check his mail for the fine $1000 fine he would be sending out.

Ladd:  Hey big man, this is just another example of the double standard around here.  Sunshine can come down here last week and attack Precious and nothing is done about it.  Terry Gordy can steal $25,000 from the purse of Precious right in front if your incompetent referees and nothing gets down about.  I ask that a ref be fair and I am thrown out of building and told to look for my $1000 fine!  Ridiculous.

Watts:  you’re right, that’s ridiculous.  Look in the mail for your $2,000 fine.  Say another word and it will be $3000.

Ladd studders, realizes that it is not worth and leave.

As for the match, we get 10 good minutes of a brawl before Dr. Death connects with the Oklahoma Stampede for the win!

Match 6:  Superstar Challenge

The Superstars with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie vs

Mid-South Champ “Soul Man” Rocky Johnson & Rufus “Freight Train” Jones

When Jonhson & Jones answered the challenge, you could see the fear in the eyes of the Sheik as he thought there was a real chance of losing both his money and the titles.

As for the match we get a good 18 minutes of back and forth action. In the end Freight Train knock Superstar #1 out of the ring with a big right hand.  It appears that Sheik gives the Superstar some sort of object which he shoves into his mask.  Rocky Johnson sees this and erupts at ref Carl Fergie to do something but he “plays” dumb. Rufus unsure of what is happening, drags Superstar into the ring…

WHAM… Headbut by Rufus and down goes RUFUS!

Rocky rushes in but Fergie gets in his way and demands he leaves or else his team will be disqualified.

WHAM… the Superstars hit the back-breaker/elbow drop combo on Rufus and that is all she wrote.    

MATCH 7:  Winner goes to the Battle Royal for the last spot in Halloween Havoc

Terry Gordy vs “Crippler” Rip Oliver

This is for the last spot in the battle royal, but Crippler has something else on his mind as he demands that Gordy give him the $25000 owed to him that Gordy stole last week from Precious.  Gordy just laughs as Oliver boldly states he will take it out of Gordy’s hide!  Bam Bam smirks and the brawl is underway.  Oliver is game but Gordy is on a different level, and he beats Oliver from pillar to post.  Problem was that Oliver seems to have new friends in Tojo and Kendo and they are tired of watching their pal take a beating.

Tojo and Kendo hit the ring, bamboo canes and all…

Gordy only takes a few shots before Dr. Death and SCOTT CASEY hit the ring.  The crowd goes wild as it looks like Casey is fine and soon we have the babyfaces in charge of the ring and the heels leaving with the head between their knees.  Not only did Oliver not qualify for the battle royal but it is now obvious that Casey is not out of wrestling and there is no bounty to collect!

Bill Watts delivers the news regarding Magnum T.A with the dignity it deserves.

RPM's are really pushing their luck.

The Freebirds earn their spots in the battle royal.

Precious & Garvin are in a very tricky situation... & i love it!

Roberts shows Leduc why he didn't belong in the Shiek's army.

A loss for Brown AND a fine? Bad night in Jackson for the "Big Cat"

Fergie makes his most controversial call yet.

No battle royal spot, no bounty, & a angry Casey on the loose. This was NOT Oliver's night!

Very classy statement from Watts. 

"Rock n Roll" Rock n Roll" Rock n Roll" RPM's getting some nuclear heat.

Both Freebirds qualify for the battle royal. However, Jimmy Jam has a serious distraction on his hands. 

Jake takes a beating but DDT's his way to the battle royal. 

Ladd once again brings up valid points and gets his fine doubled for it. LOL, I never get tired of the Ladd/Watts saga. 

Adnan and the Superstars owe Fergie a percentage for that win. 

Gordy advances as chaos ensues! Crippler's in big trouble with Casey on his tail. As for Kendo and Tojo, it looks like Casey has some hard hitting friends backing him up. 

Whoever wins the stacked battle royal, defiantly earns their spot in the tournament. 

RPM's continuing to make friends and influence people here in Mid-South! If you aren't careful, you might make me like these guys!

Hayes and Garvin cheat their way into the Battle Royal, as a good Freebird should! I can just picture Tojo behind the back of Precious stooging her out as the one behind the bounty! Good Stuff.

Snake/LeDuc would be a hell of a fight.

Doc advances, but Ernie Ladd gets done wrong by the man again. Poor Big Cat

I'm with Spaldoni... Adnan better be paying Fergie a little something for that win.

Quite a main event as Oliver's night goes from bad to worse, losing his battle royal spot, and his claim to the money as Scott Casey is alive and well!

That should lead to some big fights!! 

RPMs are gaining steam here in Mid South as major heels

Hayes and Garvin both make it to the battle royal for the last spot but will they work together or get greedy?

Great stuff with Tojo telling off on Precious to Watts!

The Superstars manage to demolish Rufus on their way to victory 

CASEY LIVES!! Good stuff with the bounty, a lot of big names in the battle royal, it will be interesting to see who comes on top and goes to the tournament!