Pro Wrestling Only

Continental Championship Wrestling

GeneJackson95

Continental+Championship+Wrestling+logo.

Continental Championship Wrestling TV

Saturday July 10, 1986

Hosted by Gordon Solie

Ring Announcer: Freddie Miller

Interviewer: Joe Pedicino

From the Civic Center in Montgomery, Alabama

(A series of still frames are shown from the Great American Bash…..Wendell Cooley holding the Southeastern title belt in the air, Peggy Rich holding up Tommy and Johnny Rich's hands in victory, Mr. Olympia leaving the ring with Ronnie P. Gossett and the CCW title, Dick Slater busting open Gossett, Dibiase and Dr. Death leaving with the World Tag Team titles, and the final picture Ivan Koloff strapping the NWA World Championship around the waist of 'the Russian Nightmare' Nikita Koloff-----the opening montage rolls and we go to the stage to the one and only Gordon Solie)

GordonCCW.jpg

Solie: Hello and welcome once again to Continental Championship Wrestling, sanctioned by the National Wrestling Alliance as we come to you from the Civic Center here in Montgomery, Alabama and we are fresh off the heels of the Great American Bash and as you saw at the top of the program, there was a LOT of interesting things that took place throughout the Bash especially in Pensacola, Florida.  There will be plenty to say about the Bash throughout the program here this evening, as we'll be hearing from some of the new champions right here tonight including the new NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Nikita Koloff.  However, right now lets go down to the ring for our opening bout of the evening, the debut of a proud American, RANGER ROSS!"

=======================

20210130_012222.jpg

MATCH #1:

Ranger Ross pinned Agent Orange following the "Combat Kick" (Superkick)

RangerRoss2.jpg

-------------------------------------

(Joe Pedicino approaches Ranger Ross at ringside as he's waving the American flag to the delight of the fans in Montgomery)

Joe: "Ranger Ross, a great win here in your debut in Continental Wrestling….welcome aboard."

Ross: "Thanks Joe! It's great to be here and I'm proud to get in this ring and represent the red, white, and blue each and every time I …." (Ivan and Nikita Koloff come down to ringside and Ivan snatches the mic away)

Russians.jpg
Ivan: "Hold on one minute Ranger Rob…..how dare you disrespect the new NWA World Champion by coming out here with this American flag??  YOUR champion is from Mother Russia, THESE PEOPLE'S champion is from Soviet Union…..it is slap in our face for you to come out and show these colors here."

Ross: "Well Mr. Koloff, I don't care WHO the champion is, I will ALWAYS fly these colors and I will ALWAYS be a proud American and if you have a problem with that then maybe you and the champion need to go back to Russia!" (Nikita lunges towards Ross but Ivan steps between them)

Ivan: "Listen to me, little man…..Uncle Ivan just save your life.  You are not worth my nephew Nikita's time….you are beneath him!  However, I will be more than happy to teach you some respect and humility….so Mr. Pedicino, you tell whoever is in charge here that I want a match with this Ranger Rob as soon as possible!" (Grabs Nikita by the arm and they turn and leave)

Ross: "I'll be more than happy to face you….and we'll just see who teaches who some respect!" (crowd cheers)

=========================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Solie: "Well, it looks like Ranger Ross has already made some powerful enemies here as the Koloffs have taken issue with his patriotism.  Speaking of making enemies, Ronnie P. Gossett has made quite a few during his time here in Continental Wrestling but one of those enemies finally got their hands on him at the Great American Bash as Dick Slater, whom Gossett cost the Continental Heavyweight title against Mr. Olympia got his hands on Gossett during the World tag team title match and he put quite the beating on Ronnie P landing him in the hospital at the moment.  We sent our new interviewer, Joe Pedicino to this undisclosed hospital to get a few words from our 'old friend', Ronnie P. Gossett.  Let's hear what Mr. Gossett had to say."

(VTR: Joe Pedicino knocks on a hospital room door (Room #232) and walks in as we see Ronnie P. Gossett laid in the bed with his head bandaged and his arm in a sling as Mr. Olympia is sitting at his bedside with the CCW title belt on the table next to him)

RPG: "Oh my God….what are you doing here? Didn't they get rid of you a few months ago?"

Joe: "I've been rehired, but we're not here to talk about me, tell us how you're doing after the attack by Dick Slater at the Great American Bash."

RPG: "Well as you can see…..not too well!  I was viciously attacked by a raving lunatic for no good reason…..but you know what…it's almost worth it because my attorney has managed to get Dick Slater FIRED from Continental Wrestling due to this unprovoked heinous attack during a match that he had no business being at ringside for and on top of that….he managed to file an injunction that ensures that footage will NEVER be shown on any NWA program…EVER!"

Joe: "Well….that's interesting to say the least.  Something else that many people find interesting is the fact that on the same night…..your so called "best friend" Buddy Landel lost the Southeastern Championship to Wendell Cooley, only to find out that you had seemingly pre-arranged for him to go to Mid South Wrestling without his knowledge and THEN you go and help his arch enemy Mr. Olympia win the Continental championship on the same night!?!"

Olympia: "I'll answer this one, Ronnie…..you just get your rest.  The fact of the matter is….Ronnie got tired of being friends with a LOSER!  He didn't cause Landel to lose that title, he just didn't help him keep like he had always done in the past….and Landel should be glad that Ronnie had the foresight to get him another job ahead of time because he was smart enough to know that loser wasn't going to be able to beat Wendell Cooley to keep his job…..as for helping me in the same night….number one, I didn't need any help, I would have beaten Dick Slater with or without the help of my new BEST friend Ronnie P. Gossett….and that's right Ronnie Gossett is MY BEST FRIEND now……he doesn't have to hang around with some bleach blond Ric Flair wannabe wearing a bath robe that looks like a little kid decorated it for a Sunday school project. So that's the story on Buddy Landel, and if you know what's good for you, fatty…..you won't mention his name again!"

Joe: "Fair enough Mr. Olympia, well before I go, one name I feel like I should mention is the man you'll be defending you Continental title against, this Monday night in Birmingham, "Iceman" King Parsons."

Olympia: "Iceman Parsons?? How is he getting a title shot? Does he even wrestle here? Who has he beaten? I just won the title…don't I have thirty days? We need to talk about this Ronnie, Pedicino…get the hell outta here! Go get something in the cafeteria or something!"

(Olympia chases Pedicino out of the room)

MATCH #2:

The Dirty White Boys (Tony Anthony/Len Denton) defeated Arthur Mitchell/Leonard Washington when Denton pinned Mitchell after a neckbreaker

Solie: "There you see Tony Anthony along with his partner Len Denton, the Dirty White Boys who will be a part of a 'Four Corners Match' this Monday night in Birmingham where they will be facing "Bullet" Bob/Brad Armstrong, The Stud Stable of Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden, and the brand new young team of Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk with the winning team getting a shot at the Continental Tag Team titles the following week.  I'd also like to mention that coming up in August, we'll be having Beach Brawl '86 at Holiday Beach in Woodstock, Alabama….it's going to be a huge event with all the major NWA Championships being defended so get your tickets when they go on sale next Friday at all Ticketmaster locations."

==========================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

MATCH #3:

NWA Southeastern Champion "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned Pat Rose with a running bulldog

(Cooley joins Gordon Solie at the desk)

Wendell.jpg

Solie: "Wendell, I know we saw some footage from the hospital room of Ronnie P. Gossett where he bragged about how his attorney managed to get Dick Slater fired and the footage of him being attacked has been banned from being aired but Mr. Olympia ran Joe Pedicino and our camera crew out of there before he could mention that somehow his attorney also has managed to procure a Southeastern Championship match for a 'mystery man' to be managed by Ronnie P. Gossett."

Cooley: "A mystery man? Well Lord only knows who Gossett is going to come up with to challenge me…but that's fine, I'm certainly up to the task of defending against whoever he shows up with……but more importantly….what the hell has gotten into Mr. Olympia?? Best friends with Ronnie P. Gossett?? Has he lost his mind?"

Solie: "Well, if I'm being honest, Olympia has been slowly becoming unhinged for a while now and I was worried something like this might happen."

Cooley: "I guess I've just been too focused on Landel and everything that's happened with him because this whole thing with Olympia caught me totally off guard and I wish the 'Iceman' all the luck in the world this Monday night….and whoever Gossett sends after me better pack a lunch cause they've got a big job ahead of them if they wanna take this belt from me! I can promise that, Mr. Solie!"

Solie: "Well, it sounds like the 'Wildcat' is up to the challenge, now let's go down to the ring with Joe Pedicino who is joined by the Continental tag team champions, Johnny and Tommy Rich."

===============================

(Joe Pedicino is in the ring with Johnny and Tommy Rich as the fans relentlessly chant "Mama's Boy" at Tommy Rich who is livid before the interview even starts)

FB_IMG_1611758211730.jpg

Tommy: "You people need to shut your damn mouth! You're just mad that my mama didn't dis-own me like most of yours did you, ya bunch of redneck losers!"

Joe: "Well, that's certainly not very nice to say, Mr. Rich."

Johnny: "Do you think it's nice for these people to chant 'Mama's Boy' at my cousin, Pedicino?  My Aunt Peggy is a wonderful lady who simply came to show her support at the Great American Bash….I don't know why people are trying to say she interfered….that's the furthest thing from the truth, she's a classy lady…she wouldn't do anything of the sort."

(Bob and Brad Armstrong appear up at the desk with Gordon Solie)

brad-bob-armstrong.jpg

Brad: "That so called 'classy lady' cracked me in the head with a purse that felt like it had a brick in it!"

Tommy: "Brad Armstrong, you know you'll go to hell for lyin' boy or did your sorry Daddy not teach you that? My Mama ain't hit nobody with no purse….you're a liar and a sore loser!"

Bob: "Well, well…..look at the 'Mama's Boy' takin' up for his Mama and lying for her."

(Crowd starts the 'Mama's Boy' chant once again)

Tommy: "I ain't no damn 'Mama's Boy', y'all better shut your mouth before I come out there and slap each and every one of you!"

Johnny: "Bob Armstrong, I don't know what you and your special needs son are doing up there trying to call us out because we are DONE with you two.  We beat you, we're still the champions….game over…..on to more pressing matters like the fact that this Monday night in Birmingham, we have a shot at the NWA World Tag Team Champions and we are going to add those titles to our collection!"

Brad: "Let's get something straight right now….titles or no titles, we are far from DONE with you two….but we've got a shot on Monday night of earning another title shot at you two, so trust and believe we'll be seeing you boys real soon."

Bob: "Oh and best of luck Monday night because the next time we step in the ring with you guys, we'd just love to beat you for the World tag titles AND the Continental tag team titles!" (The Armstrongs leave)

Tommy: "In your dreams boys…..we're going to beat Dibiase and Williams and if you somehow get past our buddies Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden…then we'll beat you two once again like we always do!" (The 'Mama's Boy' chants start up again and the Richs storm out of the ring)

=====================================

COMMERCIAL BREAK- Solie runs down the card for Monday in Birmingham

Monday July, 12, 1986

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, Alabama

Bell Time: 7:30pm

MAIN EVENT

NWA CONTINENTAL HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Mr. Olympia w/Ronnie P. Gossett

vs.

"Iceman" King Parsons

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Steve 'Dr. Death' Williams/Ted Dibiase

vs.

NWA CONTINENTAL TAG CHAMPIONS

Johnny/Tommy Rich

NWA SOUTHEASTERN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

vs.

Ronnie P. Gossett's Mystery Challenger

Four Corners Match for a Shot at the CCW Tag Team Titles

The Dirty White Boys (Tony Anthony/Len Denton)

vs.

"Bullet" Bob/Brad Armstrong

vs.

The Stud Stable (Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden) w/Ronnie P. Gossett

vs.

Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk

Special Challenge Match

"White Lightning" Tim Horner

vs.

"Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal w/Dark Journey

Scott/Steve Armstrong

vs.

The Interns (#1/#2)

Respect Match

Ranger Ross

vs.

"The Russian Bear"

Ivan Koloff w/Nikita Koloff

"World's Strongest Man" Bill Kazmaier

vs.

Pat Rose

(Card Subject to Change)

================================

MATCH #4:

Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk defeated Randy Watson/Ray Purchase when Zenk pinned Watson after a dropkick off the top rope

================================

Solie: "Great win for the brand new tag team of Terry Taylor and Tom Zenk, we've got a great tag team main event coming up for you as The Stud Stable are going to be taking on Scott and Steve Armstrong but first I'd like to introduce you to the 'World's Strongest Man' Bill Kazmaier who has been training to become a professional wrestler and is set to make his Continental debut on Monday night in Birmingham but right now, I'd like to ask him to show us one of his impressive feats of strength as he will bend this steel bar around his neck!"

(Kazmaier takes the steel bar and places it across his shoulders and then proceeds to bend the bar into a 'U' shape around his neck as the crowd cheers)

kazanaier.jpg

Solie: "Impressive show of strength, Bill."

Kazmaier: "Thank you Mr. Solie. I'm excited to be here in Continental and I'm looking forward to competing with some of the other great athletes here inside the squared circle."

(Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden come onto the set)

Fuller: "Gordon Solie, what in the world is going on around here, the great Ronnie P. Gossett is lying in a hospital bed right now and you've got Popeye out here bending stuff around his neck…..boy, this is a rasslin show not the damn carnival….get the heck outta here with your parlor tricks…..we've got serious business to discuss."

Kazmaier: "Look Mr. Fuller, I respect you and your family and everything you've accomplished in the wrestling business but this is my time to be out here and I…"

(Golden cuts in)

Golden: "Son, did you not hear what my cousin just said?? Play time is over, enough with your carney crap….we don't need you to guess our weight or cut a girl in half, just get on out of here and let the grown ups speak!"

Fuller: "That's right Popeye, go back there and have some more spinach or listen to Joe Pedicino tell you how he'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today. (Solie visibly chuckles at that line, and Kazmaier reluctantly walks away) Now then….let's get down to business, Dickie Slater…boy you better thank that lawyer that got you fired or else me and my cousin Jimmy would have gone to jail for beating you to death right here on television for what you did to poor Ronnie P. Gossett at the Bash!  Second, of all…..We're about to go down to that ring and do what we do best and that's beating up anybody named Armstrong…which tonight just happens to be Scott and Steve but on Monday night it's going to be Bob and Brad!"

Solie: "Don't forget the Dirty White Boys and the brand new team of Terry Taylor and Tom Zenk?"

Golden: "The Dirty White Boys are tough, but we'll handle them…..I don't have no idea who Terry Taylor or Tom Zenk are but they sound like a couple of sissies that don't want none of the Stud Stable!"

Fuller: "I can promise you that NONE of 'em want any of the Stud Stable, least of all these two Armstrongs we're fixin' to whoop right now! Let's go Jimmy!" ('All Hells Breakin' Loose' by KISS plays as they head down to the ring)

=============================

MAIN EVENT

MATCH #5:

The Stud Stable (Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden) defeated Scott/Steve Armstrong after Robert 'loaded his boot' and kicked Scott in the head with it and got the pin!  Afterwards, Bob and Brad Armstrong hit the ring and unloaded on Fuller/Golden…..which brought the Dirty White Boys down to join the fray……quickly followed by Taylor/Zenk and we now have all four teams from Monday night's upcoming 'four corners match' going at it as we go off the air!

Solie: "Fans, it's pandemonium here in Montgomery as all four teams are going at it….no matter who comes out on top, Johnny and Tommy Rich are going to have their hands full, for Joe Pedicino, I'm Gordon Solie saying, 'So long from the Heart of Dixie!'"

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And just like that Gene is back in business! 

Ranger Ross debuts and already finds himself in a match with Uncle Ivan. USA vs. Russia was always money in the 80s. 

LOL, RPG in the hospital was classic TV. I bet Pedicino enjoyed this bit. Sounds like RPG has one heck of a lawyer. Olympia chasing Pedicino out of the room had me laughing. 

Dirty White Boys should do well here.

Cooley looks sharp tonight and has become a main eventer in Continental. I wonder who his mystery opponent will be? Will Cooley's reign be a short one?

I still can't believe the Rich's have more heat than ever. This has been one of the best stories in the game. Looking forward to some wild matches with the Armstrong's.

Another stacked card coming to Birmingham. 

Zenk and Taylor should be an exciting young team to watch out for. 

The World's Strongest Man gets his gimmick going. I have to say, the Fullers had me cracking up with the Popeye and Carney comments. However, the Pedicino paying him Tuesday for a hamburger today was the line of the night. Even got a chuckle from Solie. 

Fullers get the tainted win over the Armstrong's and all hell breaks loose. Fitting Continental end. 

Great to have you back Gene! 

I have an uncle who would've loved to see Agent Orange eat that Combat Kick. Ross is one of the talents I'm not familiar with but good on him standing up to the Koloffs.

"Never shown on any NWA program EVER" Um about that....

The artists formerly known as the Grapplers are poised to be big here.

Cooley better have eyes in the back of his head when he goes against RPG's mystery man. 

Another heated Armstrong/Rich exchange. There's gonna be a riot in Birmingham if the Rich cousins win the World titles!

The mini Brigade starts off strong.

The Stud Stable may be dicks but damn their funny! Kazmaier is gonna have some frustration to take out on Rose.

It's literally federal law that CCW has to end in mass chaos. And I'm so thankful for that.

I've been a big fan of your work for a while now and I'm really happy you're back.

And all is right in Dawn of War.... Gene is back and right where he should be with CCW!

Ranger Ross finds trouble right away with the Koloffs.  This should be interesting.

You with RPG and the interviews is going to be awesome.

Glad you got the Dirty White Boys going right away.  You have a great group of tag teams.  Like Taylor and Zenk together.  

Even though I have not seen much ot Wildfire Rich as the heel in real life as I saw little of Memphis, your interview was perfect.  I could just hear his accent in each word.

Who is the mystery man.... I love angles like this.

Kazmaier as a carny.... Fuller and Golden better be careful.

Great to have you back!!

Monday July, 12, 1986
Boutwell Auditorium
Birmingham, Alabama

"World's Strongest Man" Bill Kazmaier defeated Pat Rose by submission with a bear hug

Respect Match
Ranger Ross pinned "The Russian Bear" Ivan Koloff w/Nikita Koloff with a school boy roll up…..Ivan dominated the majority of the match, but started to get cocky and just push Ross around several minutes in…..at one point Ivan signaled to Nikita that he was ready to put Ross away, he climbed up on the 2nd rope to come off with a sickle but Ross ducked out of the way and Ivan missed, he turned around into a 'Combat Kick' from Ross who was still selling the beating he'd taken and couldn't make the cover….Nikita jumped up on the apron as Ross got back to his feet, Ivan charged the Ranger who side stepped him which sent him crashing into Nikita knocking in him off the apron, while Ross managed to catch Ivan with a school boy roll up for the 1-2-3!!  The crowd went wild….and Ranger Ross left ringside before Nikita could recover and get his hands on him.

Scott/Steve Armstrong defeated The Interns (#1/#2) when Steve pinned Intern #2 after a flying shoulder tackle from the top rope

Special Challenge Match
"Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal w/Dark Journey pinned "White Lightning" Tim Horner with a handful of tights after a distraction from Dark Journey

Four Corners Elimination Match for a Shot at the CCW Tag Team Titles
vs.
"Bullet" Bob/Brad Armstrong
vs.
The Stud Stable (Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden) 
vs.
Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk

First Fall: Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk eliminated The Dirty White Boys (Tony Anthony/Len Denton) when Taylor pinned Denton after a 'five arm'

Second Fall: The Stud Stable eliminated Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk when Golden pinned Zenk after Tony Anthony came back to ringside and pushed Zenk off the top rope as he was getting ready to hit Golden with a dropkick

Third Fall: The Armstrongs eliminated The Stud Stable when Bob put Fuller down with a sleeper

"Bullet" Bob/Brad Armstrong will get the Continental Tag Team title shot against Johnny/Tommy Rich next week in Huntsville

NWA SOUTHEASTERN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley
vs.
Ronnie P. Gossett's Mystery Challenger

Ronnie P. Gossett is rolled down to ringside in a wheelchair with his head bandaged, a neck brace, and his arm in a sling by Duke Myers.  Gossett takes a microphone and introduces Myers' as his new bodyguard/caretaker.  He challenges Wendell Cooley to come to the ring.  'If heaven ain't a lot like Dixie' by Hank Williams Jr plays as Cooley makes his way to the ring to a nice ovation from the Birmingham crowd.  Gossett cuts a promo on Cooley talking in circles about who his mystery challenger is when from out of nowhere Cooley is jumped from behind by the man who turns out to be his challenger…."Outlaw" Ron Bass!!  Bass tosses Cooley into the ring after ramming him into the ring post busting his head wide open.  The entire match consisted of Cooley fighting from underneath as Bass managed to stay in control as Gossett barked orders from his wheelchair at ringside.  At one point, Bass shot Cooley into the corner and then followed him in for a big clothesline but Cooley got a boot up and kicked him right in the jaw….which dropped Bass, as Bass was getting up off the mat, Cooley charged and caught him with the running bulldog but couldn't follow up…..as Bass struggled to get to his feet, Myers tossed him his bullwhip, "Miss Betsy"….Bass struck Cooley with the bullwhip as referee Mac McMurray called for the bell for the DQ…..Bass then wrapped the whip around the neck of Cooley and started to choke him with it…..until The Armstrongs ran into make the save causing Bass, Myers, and Gossett to retreat.  Cooley retains the Southeastern Championship by Disqualification

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Steve 'Dr. Death' Williams/Ted Dibiase defeated NWA CONTINENTAL TAG CHAMPIONS Johnny/Tommy Rich when Peggy Rich came to ringside and tried to hit Dibiase with her purse but accidently hit Tommy causing him to get pinned by Dibiase……Peggy immediately left ringside after the screw up…..Both Richs were livid as the fans chanted 'Mama's Boy' at Tommy as they left the ring….Dibiase/Williams seemed to be greatly entertained by it all

MAIN EVENT
NWA CONTINENTAL HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Mr. Olympia w/Ronnie P. Gossett & Duke Myers pinned "Iceman" King Parsons in 18:23 with his feet on the ropes to retain the championship.  After the match Buddy Landel came out through the crowd to try to confront Ronnie Gossett but was removed by security

I often have trouble buying a bearhug as a move but from a man with the physique & reputation of Kazmaier i have no problem.

Ranger Ross pulls off the patriotic upset. I don't think anyone will blame him for the strategic withdrawal before he could face the wrath of Nikita.

Dark Journey pays dividends for "Mr Electricity" as he angles for another shot at the Jr Heavyweight Championship.

A eventful four way leads to the next chapter of the Armstrong/Rich saga.

I can just imagine how pitiful RPG sounded in hid wheelchair wrapped up like a mummy getting pushed around by Duker. Bass is a good contender for Cooley. The dq means this isn't over.

Mama Peggy better make a extra special dinner to make up for costing her boy the World Tag Titles.

Olympia retains but the real story is after the bell. I struggle to picture Landel as a face but If anyone can pull it off it's you.

Another wild night in Birmingham! 

Kazmaier is off to a strong start.

Dang! Ranger Ross gets credibility right away with that win over Ivan. I know he got a major pop. 

Regal gets a win over rival Horner. These guys can go. 

Armstrong's earn their way to a title shot. Looking forward to the DWBs and Zenk/Taylor going at it again. 

So good to see Myers continuing employment as a bodyguard. Oh man RPG brings in Ron Bass! I always liked Bass when he was a ruthless heel using Miss Betsy. Cooley gets the DQ win but this one is far from over. 

HAHAHA! I'm liking the Mama's Boy story. Tonight brought more heat with that. Tommy Rich is going to snap. 

Olympia retains with a hard fought win over Iceman. I guess Landel heard RPG's comments. This is going to be very interesting. 

Continental Championship Wrestling Spot Show Loop-

Tuesday July 13, 1986: Gadsden, Alabama
Wednesday July 14, 1986: Pell City, Alabama
Thursday July 15, 1986:  Boaz, Alabama
Friday July 16, 1986: Tuscaloosa, Alabama

"World's Strongest Man" Bill Kazmaier defeated The Intern by submission with a 'bear hug'

The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson) defeated Tim Horner/Steve Gatorwolf when Duncum pinned Gatorwolf after a shoulder breaker

"Iceman" King Parsons pinned "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal w/Dark Journey with a small package

Grudge Match
Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk fought The Dirty White Boys (Tony Anthony/Len Denton) to a double countout

Ranger Ross pinned The Russian Assassin following the 'Combat Kick'

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
SIX MAN TAG TEAM MATCH
"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley/"Bullet" Bob/Steve Armstrong defeated The Stud Stable (Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden)/"Outlaw" Ron Bass w/Duke Myers & Ronnie P. Gossett when Bob Armstrong pinned Jimmy Golden with a backslide, after the match the Stud Stable, Bass, and Myers jumped the Armstrongs and Cooley from behind…..they took advantage of the four on three with Bass getting some good licks in with the whip on all three until Brad Armstrong/Ranger Ross/Tim Horner/Iceman Parsons all hit the ring to make the save!

MAIN EVENT
NWA Continental Heavyweight Championship
Mr. Olympia w/Ronnie P. Gossett & Duke Myers pinned Brad Armstrong after Myers interfered

Kazmaier keeps the momentum going by putting the squeeze on the Intern.

The Highwaymen make Gatorwolf & Horner unnistan who they're messing with.

The Iceman corrects course with a win over Mr Electricity.

Zenk/Taylor & the DWB's give the fans a taste of what's to come.

Ross goes 2-0 over the Russians. That'll get you noticed in the flag waving south.

Cooley & the Armstrongs get the win over RPG's crew but they pay a steep price. Good thing Brad & co were nearby.

Speaking of Brad, he's gonna have a bone to pick with Duker after costing him a title match.

Nice to have CCW on a proper tour schedule again.

Good to see Bleh's creation, the Highwaymen are still going strong in the game. 

The Russians are having a hard time with Ranger Ross. USA! USA! USA! 

Got to have a wild southern multi man fight on a Continental card. That 6 man tag gives the fans their fix. 

Bodyguard Duker is paying off for Olympia and RPG. 

Awesome show at the Boutwell!

Huge win for Ranger Ross!

Scott/Steve Armstrong vs The Interns really shows the depth of your tag division!

Speaking of depth in the tag team divsion-Huge win for Bullet and Brad in the Elimination match.

Great ideas for the RPG Stable.  Myers as the bodyguard after he ended up in a wheelchair is a nice touch.  Bass gives his an instant title contender that Cooley barely managed to defeat.

Landel???? Security..... Very Interesting!!

Peggy hits her own son?  What will the Mama's Boy say about this one?

Nice win for the cheating Olympia over Iceman!!

Nice house show loop that has some people rebounding from the Boutwell and well as others building on their momentum.  Ranger Ross better be careful.  If he keeps beating the Russians he may find himself with a Nightmare!!

Continental+Championship+Wrestling+logo.

Continental Championship Wrestling TV

Saturday July 17, 1986

Hosted by Gordon Solie

Ring Announcer: Freddie Miller

Interviewer: Joe Pedicino

From the Boutwell Auditorium in Birmingham, Alabama

(Show opens with highlights of the Richs challenging Dr. Death and Ted Dibiase for the NWA World Tag Team titles…..ending with Peggy Rich accidently hitting Tommy with her purse causing him to get pinned by Dibiase as the champions retain the titles……we then go to the opening montage then to the set with Gordon Solie)

GordonCCW.jpg

Solie: "Hello and welcome once again to Continental Championship Wrestling sanctioned by the National Wrestling Alliance, the oldest and largest sanctioning body of professional wrestling the world over. As we just saw at the top of the program, The Continental Tag Team Champions Johnny and Tommy Rich were unsuccessful in their bid to win the NWA World Tag Team titles against…." (Before Gordon could finish, Johnny and Tommy Rich appear out of nowhere…the fans immediately start chanting 'Mama's Boy' and Tommy is clearly beside himself with anger)

20210130_000711.jpg

Tommy: "No Gordon Solie….that is NOT what they just saw! They didn't just see me and my cousin Johnny be unsuccessful at winning the World tag team titles."

Solie: "I don't want to be rude Tommy…but the fact you two are not wearing the NWA World Tag Team titles right now would seem to imply you were unsuccessful at winning them."

Johnny: "Don't be a smart butt Solie, you know what he meant….it wasn't OUR fault we didn't win them."

Tommy: "DAMN RIGHT! Peggy Richardson…..get out here….RIGHT NOW!!"

Solie: "Now hold on just a moment here Tommy, this doesn't sound like anything that needs to be addressed here on this television program."

(Peggy Rich reluctantly makes her way out to the desk)

Solie: "Mrs. Rich, thank you for joining us this evening."

Peggy: "Thank you Mr. Solie, it's my pleasure…" (Tommy cuts her off)

Tommy: "SHUT UP!! Just shut your mouth right now!"

Peggy: "Thomas, I'm your Mother and you will not speak to me that way….not even here on the wrestling show!"

Tommy: "No you listen to me and listen good! I didn't ask you to come out here on this wrestling show in the first place…..them damn Gilberts did!"

Peggy: "Thomas, watch your language!"

Tommy: "It was bad enough you've caused me the embarrassment of being called a "Mama's Boy" when nothing could be farther from the truth…..but then you come out there last week in Birmingham and cost, Johnny and myself the biggest opportunity we've ever had as a tag team!! I'm a former NWA World Champion, do you know how many men have held both the World Heavyweight and the World Tag Team titles…and you took that from me!! I didn't ask you to come out there! I didn't ask you to bring that stupid purse out there and hit ME with it!!" (Mama's Boy chant intensifies)

Peggy: (Slaps Tommy in the face) "You lower your voice and don't you dare disrespect your mother! I brought you in this world and you will not talk to me this way!"

(Tommy Rich SNAPS and PILEDRIVES his mother on the stage!!!)

Solie: "OH MY LORD!! Tommy Rich, have you lost your mind!?!? Go to commercial…right now go to commercial!!"

COMMMERCIAL BREAK

(We return from the break with a disheveled Gordon Solie joined by Les Thatcher)

Solie: (in a somber tone) "Fans, we apologize for what you just witnessed moments ago….the actions of Tommy Rich were reprehensible and Les Thatcher, I honestly don't know what to say right now."

Les: "Gordon, I've been involved in professional wrestling most of my adult life and I've never seen or even heard of anything so disgusting taking place at a wrestling event.  I'm going to contact NWA President 'Cowboy' Bill Watts so we can make a ruling on this but as of right now, Peggy Rich is in an ambulance on the way to the hospital and Tommy Rich has been removed from the building by the police and will likely be arrested and jailed if his mother chooses to press charges and I don't know why she wouldn't.  One thing I know for sure, that footage will never be aired again and we apologize to all who saw it and anyone who was disturbed by it."

Solie: "Tommy Rich disgusts me…..I don't know what else to say right now. Fans, despite this rocky start, we have a great show in store for you tonight as Ranger Ross who defeated Ivan Koloff in Birmingham last Monday night, will be in our main event facing the World Champion, Nikita Koloff! That and much, much more but right now let's go to the ring for our first bout."

=======================

MATCH #1:

Magnum T.A. pinned Ray Purchase with a belly to belly suplex in 33 seconds!!

After the match, Joe Pedicino approached Magnum at ringside to get a word with him.

JoeDesk.jpg

Joe: "Magnum, I know you're disappointed about the loss of the World Championship to Nikita Koloff and of course you'll be getting a rematch for that title at some point but the big news tonight is, you'll be challenging Mr. Olympia for the NWA Continental Heavyweight Championship this Monday night in Huntsville, Alabama!"

JOxw_K7_W5156yqUg_gH1R4GtmT3-s6lDbWScBPT

Magnum: "That's right Joe! No excuses about the loss to Nikita…..sure I could list off a number of reasons it happened….but that's not who I am and that's not what I'm about! It's straight ahead…keep moving forward and Monday night my sights are set on Mr. Olympia and that Continental Championship…..but you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be watching the main event tonight when my new pal Ranger Ross faces Nikita and if Ivan tries to stick his nose in…..I may just have to come even the odds!"

======================== 

(Les Thatcher returns to the desk with Gordon Solie)

Les: "Gordon, I hate to interrupt the show and we're not going to dwell on this all night but I just got off the phone with 'Cowboy' Bill Watts, the NWA President and explained to him exactly what took place and to say he's very angry and appalled is an understatement.  He said he will have to meet with the board of directors to find out the full extent of their ruling…but he said right off the bat that Tommy Rich is suspended indefinitely and will receive a heavy fine on top of that, which also means that effective immediately Johnny and Tommy Rich are stripped of the Continental Tag Team titles….which means there will be a card change for Huntsville as the Armstrongs were scheduled to challenge the Richs based off their win in the Four Corners Match last Monday night in Birmingham."

Solie: "Well, I know the Armstrongs were looking forward to challenging for the tag team titles but I don't see how you have any other choice than to suspend Tommy Rich and strip him of the titles…..again what a vile and disgusting act and we're going to take a commercial break and when we return, we'll see the debut of the Highwaymen, Bobby Duncum and Phil Hickerson….a rugged tag team to say the least!"

=======================

MATCH #2:
The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson) defeated Curly Jefferson/Eddie Wilson when Duncum pinned Wilson after a powerslam

=======================

(Joe Pedicino is joined in the interview area by Sir Oliver Humperdink wearing a kimono and holding a Japanese flag flanked by Akio Sato, Tarzan Goto, and Tatsumi 'the Dragon' Fujimami)

Joe: "Well Mr. Humperdink, this is certainly an impressive team of wrestlers that you have gathered, clearly you have spent some time in the Orient."

sir-oliver-humperdink.jpg

Hump: "That's right Pedicino, you are looking at the International House of Humperdink…and this isn't everyone…..there's more to come and we plan to dominate Continental Championship Wrestling and take ALL the gold!"

Joe: "These guys have a tough test ahead of them this Monday night in Huntsville when they take on Scott and Steve Armstrong and their partner "White Lightning" Tim Horner."

Hump: "Tough test? Are you kidding me Pedicino….that's no test at all….my boys will barely break a sweat with those three…..but on to more important business….I hear the Continental Tag Team Titles are now vacant….well, then my men Sato and Goto will be looking to get a shot at those titles…….soon!"

MATCH #3:

NWA Southeastern Champion "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned Buck Spivey with a running bulldog

(Cooley joins Gordon Solie at the desk following the match)

FB_IMG_1626437472629.jpg

Solie: "Wendell, congrats on another great win but if I may, I wanted to get a few words from you about your 'mystery challenger' last week that turned out to be 'Outlaw' Ron Bass, he's a tough enough opponent as it is…..but when he gets his bullwhip involved, it adds another degree of difficulty."

Cooley: "That's exactly right Gordon, Ron Bass is a tough customer…no one could ever deny that and why he feels the need to involve a bullwhip, I'll never know but I'll tell you what Mr. Bass…..since you do seem to wanna involve that bullwhip…..I say we put that bullwhip at the top of a pole and whoever gets their hands on it first can use it!" (Crowd cheers)

Solie: "Well, it sounds like the fans like that idea and I would say it's only fair after what happened last week, unfortunately Ronnie P. Gossett is scheduled to be out here shortly and we'll see if he and Mr. Bass are willing to accept that challenge."

Cooley: "I'll put it to you like this Gordon, he better accept because that's the only way he's getting another match with me because he blew his title shot and unless he can beat me in this bullwhip match, I'm moving on!"

COMMERCIAL BREAK

(As we return from the break, Gordon is joined at the desk by Ronnie Gossett in his wheelchair still with the bandaged head and arm in a sling, along with Duke Myers, Ron Bass, and NWA Continental Champion Mr. Olympia)

Solie: "I'm joined by Ronnie P. Gossett who still appears to be a bit worse for wear as it seems health wise."

RPG: "Oh that's real funny Gordon Solie, make fun of a crippled man in a wheelchair. I'm sure in your drunken stupor that seems amusing but I promise you it's not!"

Bass: "Ronnie, I don't mean to cut you off but Gordon Solie, you go tell that no good Wendell Cooley, that I'll be more than happy to put "Ol' Betsy" up on a pole then get her down and beat the hide off him if that's what it takes to get another shot at the Southeastern belt!"

Solie: "Alright Mr. Bass, I'll be glad to pass that message along and I'm sure Les Thatcher will be glad to make that happen. Now, I'm sure Mr. Olympia and Mr. Gossett have plenty to say about Mr. Olympia's upcoming title defense against Magnum T.A. but before we go there, I understand there's a paid advertisement that needs to run right now that you guys might find interesting."

Olympia.jpg

Olympia: "What?? Do you think we're interested in buying one of those Jim Walter Homes? Do you think we care about any of the advertisers on this show? I wanna talk about why in the hell, I've got to defend against Magnum, I JUST defended the belt last Monday against Iceman Parsons."

Solie: "I don't believe this is a Jim Walter Homes spot, let's just check it out."

(VTR: A voiceover announces "This is a paid advertisement". We then see none other than "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel appear on the screen)

BuddyLandelsuit.jpg

Buddy: "I can't believe that I have to PURCHASE time on this show to talk to you Ronnie Gossett.  You were supposed to be my best friend….then at the Bash, you cause me to lose that match to Wendell Cooley and when I get back to the dressing room I find out that you had pre-arranged for me to go to Mid-South Wrestling before the match even happened??  Then I go looking for you to find out what's going on and I'm told I have to leave the building immediately because I no longer work here!  Then to make matters even worse I find out that not only did you stab me in the back by setting me up to lose to Wendell Cooley and cost me my job…..you went out and helped my arch enemy Mr. Olympia win the Continental title?? Now admittedly you got a little bit of kharma when that lunatic Dick Slater tried to beat you to death but then the ULTIMATE act of betrayal…..you go out there on Continental TV and allow Mr. Olympia to call you HIS best friend?? You allow Jerry freaking Stubbs the man I despise to run me down and call me names when I'm not there to defend myself??   That's fine Ronnie Gossett, I guess you feel safe doing that since you screwed me outta my job.  Well, I'm going to do the only thing I know to do at this point.  Folks out there in TV land, I know I haven't been a very nice guy……in fact I know I've been quite a jerk…..I've said some very awful things and done a lot of things I'm not very proud of….and for that I'm truly, truly sorry.  But I can promise you this, if I had a chance to return to Continental I would make it my sole mission in life to take that mask off Mr. Olympia…because I'm sure Magnum T.A. is going to take his belt…..and I would also make it my mission to run Ronnie Gossett out of the wrestling business forever!  Now I know that Les Thatcher and the NWA aren't going to listen to me but fans….I KNOW they will listen to YOU….so I’m starting a campaign right here and now……it's the "BRING BUDDY BACK" campaign.  I need you fans to write letters to the promotion, make phone calls, bring signs, do everything you can to let the promotion know that you wanna "BRING BUDDY BACK"…and I promise you….those two will pay!!  Oh and again, sorry for being a jerk.  That's my bad."

(Voice-over says "This message was paid for by supporters of Buddy Landel")

(END VTR)

(As we cut back to the set….Solie is smiling, Gossett's mouth is wide open and Olympia is shaking his head in disbelief)

Olympia: "Are you kidding me?  This can not be real! Buddy Landel, the biggest scumbag in the history of life…not just professional wrestling but life in general thinks the fans are going to help bring him back?? That's hilarious!" (a small 'Bring Buddy Back' chant starts)

RPG: "Listen to these idiots Gordon Solie! Buddy Landel has lied, cheated, stolen, and called you a drunk and everything under the sun and these goofs are out here chanting to bring him back?? That's ludicrous!"

Olympia: "First of all, it doesn't matter what these clowns chant…..or how many misspelled cards and letters they send or signs they bring to the towns, ain't nobody bringing Buddy back!  Over my dead body! It will not happen…..so just shut your mouths….and save you paper and postage….he's not coming back so don't waste your time!  Come on Ronnie, let's get out of here!"

(Gossett and company leave)

Solie: "It seems the champion was so upset he completely forgot whatever it was he had to say about his upcoming title defense against Magnum T.A.…interesting. Let's go to the ring."

MATCH #4:

"Bullet" Bob/Brad Armstrong defeated The Interns (#1/#2) when Brad pinned Intern #2 following a Russian Leg Sweep'

(Post match: Joe Pedicino approaches the Armstrongs at ringside)

Joe: "Guys, I know you have to disappointed that you won't be facing Johnny and Tommy Rich for the tag titles this Monday due to the actions of Tommy Rich earlier in the show."

Bob: "Joe Pedicino, I've seen those Richs do some of the most low down sorry stuff I've ever seen over the past year…..and a man attacking a woman is disgusting…..but a man attacking his own mother just defies description….Tommy Rich you are the lowest form of scum I've ever encountered and if you ever are allowed to show your face here again in Continental Wrestling, we'll whip you just like we whipped the Stud Stable last Monday night in that four corners match to earn that title shot that we aren't getting now…."

(As Bob is finishing that sentence Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden jump them from behind and they brawl all around ringside until the show goes to a break)

============================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

============================

(Gordon welcomes back Larry Hamilton who is the current NWA U.S. Jr. Heavyweight Champion)

LarryHamiltonGordon.jpg

Solie: "It's my pleasure to welcome back to the Continental area, Larry Hamilton who is the current NWA U.S. Jr Heavyweight Champion, Larry you've been defending that championship all across the country and on Monday night you'll be putting it on the line against 'Mr. Electricity' Steve Regal who now has the mysterious Dark Journey in his corner, we don't know a lot about her at this point."

Hamilton: "Well Mr. Solie, I happen to know that Dark Journey is a very dangerous woman and she's certainly not above interfering, not to mention that Steve Regal isn't above breaking the rules himself, but that's just fine because ol' 'Lethal' Larry can get down and dirty with the best of them….and once I successfully defend this title against Steve Regal, I've got my sights set on the NWA World Lightheavyweight title that now resides around the waist of Mr. Eric Embry."

Solie: "Larry, we certainly wish you the best of luck and again, welcome back to Continental Championship Wrestling. (Hamilton leaves)  Ok, so I've been just been given the revised card for this Monday night in Huntsville, Alabama….with a special added match featuring the Armstrongs taking on the Stud Stable, let's take a look at that right now before we go to the ring for our main event."

--------------------------------------------

Monday July 19, 1986

Von Braun Civic Center

Huntsville, Alabama

**ADDED MATCH**

LIGHTS OUT UNSANCTIONED

SOUTHERN STREETFIGHT

The Armstrongs (Bob/Brad)

vs.

MAIN EVENT

Mr. Olympia w/Ronnie P. Gossett & Duke Myers

vs.

Magnum T.A.

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

BULLWHIP ON A POLE MATCH

(Gossett & Duke Myers banned from ringside)

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

vs.

"Outlaw" Ron Bass

The International House of Humperdink

(Akio Sato/Tarzan Goto/Tatsumi Fujinami) w/Oliver Humperdink

vs.

Scott & Steve Armstrong/Tim Horner

Grudge Tag Team Match

Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk

vs.

NWA U.S. Jr. Championship

Larry Hamilton

vs.

"Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal w/Dark Journey

Sweet Brown Sugar/Savannah Jack

vs.

The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson)

"World's Strongest Man" Bill Kazmaier

vs.

El Diablo 1

MATCH #5:

MAIN EVENT

NWA World Champion

"The Russian Nightmare" Nikita Koloff w/Ivan Koloff

vs.

Ranger Ross

The bell rings and Nikita charges Ross who uses his quickness to evade him for the first couple of minutes and land a few shots here and there. Koloff finally manages to get his hands on the Ranger and works him over pretty good……he locks him in a bearhug and wears him down but the fans start chanting for Ross and he manages to slip out and hit the opposite ropes and hit Nikita with a dropkick…..then a second dropkick…..followed by the 'Combat Kick'….he covers him for a 1..2…Koloff kicks out!  Ross goes to the top rope and dives off….but he's caught by Nikita who plants him with a powerslam……Nikita drops back into the corner and waits…..Ross finally gets back to his feet and Nikita LEVELS HIM with a RUSSIAN SICKLE! He places one foot on Ross for the 1--2--3!!   After the  match Ivan puts the boots to Ranger Ross and Nikita grabs his chain and wraps it around the neck of Ross and starts choking him with it!  Ross is in a lot of trouble when suddenly MAGNUM T.A. hits the ring with a steel chair and cracks Nikita in the head, and then cracks Ivan as well….the Russians roll out of the ring…..Nikita lunges towards the ring but Ivan holds him back as we are out of time!

Solie: "Fans, we're out of time we'll see you back here next week…..so long from the heart of Dixie!"

Tommy Rich must've needed a damn private army to get out of there alive after PILDRIVING HIS MOTHER!!!! He better thank Watts for the suspension cause he might not've been so lucky next time.

Magnum lightens the mood with a lightning fast win & a promise to become the new Contental champion.

A nice successful (tv) debut for the Highwaymen.

The International House of Humperdink is gonna cause a lotta trouble.

I don't usually trust *insert object here* on a pole match but Cooley vs Bass fighting over "Ol' Betsy" sounds appealing.

BRING BUDDY BACK! 

But seriously I love how the part that pisses Budro off the MOST is Olympia calling RPG his Best Friend. RPG's & Olympia's response was golden.

Huntsville better get ready for a wild night. Especially that lights out match.

Ross puts up a good fight but Nikita is simply on another level. Luckily Magnum was still in the house.

Another great night in Birmingham!

WHOA! Tommy piledriving his mom is the most heel act I've ever seen in this game! The Rich's are stripped of the titles and it looks like more punishment is on the way. I can't imagine what's next for the Rich's.

Magnum is back on track and has Olympia's continental title on his mind. 

Highwaymen fit in so well here.

International House of Humperdink. You're onto something Gene. This can get over.

Bass made a big mistake messing with the Wildcat. 

Bring Buddy Back!!!! I'm writing my letter now. LOL, the video was paid for by Buddy supporters. Olympia's going to go crazy.  This is going to be awesome! 

Armstrong's and Fullers! I'll never get tired of this family feud.

Welcome back Larry Hamilton. Him and Regal could have a gem of a program. 

That Huntsville card is loaded! 

Ross gives the fans some exciting moments but in the end goes down to the Russian sickle. Magnum makes good on his promise and gives the Koloff's some nice chair shots. Magnum better watch out for them during his upcoming match with Olympia. 

OH MY GOD..... TOMMY JUST PILEDROVE HIS OWN MOTHER!!!!  HE IS THE BEST (WORST) HEEL IN WRESTLING HISTORY!!!

Magnum was very humble in defeat as would be expected.  I am interested to see which way you go with his match vs Mr. Olympia.  Either wat has so many positives!!

Looking forward to see what happens to the CCW tag titles....

Humperdink has one NASTY TEAM.... a win over Scott and Steve would be a huge push that would draw big heat.  Looking forward again to seeing how you write this one up.

The banter between Solie and RPG is one of the reasons I enjoy your shows so much.

Cooley better be careful with Ron Bass.

I understand why Olympia is not happy having to face T.A. but it is time to step up!

WOW.... shocker #2 for the night (Piledriver for Peggy #1).... Landel wants the help of the fans to bring him back.... While I never thought this was possible before, he does promise some things the fans would love.  VERY INTERESTING ANGLE YOU HAVE CREATED HERE, INCLUDING THE PAID ADVERTISMENT.

I think it was a great job to bring back the U.S. Jr title as it gives you a way to get some of your midcard guys in matches that seem really important.  

This might have been your best show yet.  While some of your interviews in the past had me cracking up, the shock value of this show would be talked about FOREVER!

Monday July 19, 1986

Von Braun Civic Center

Huntsville, Alabama

"World's Strongest Man" Bill Kazmaier pinned El Diablo after a powerslam

The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson) defeated Sweet Brown Sugar/Savannah Jack when Hickerson pinned Jack with his feet on the ropes

The Spoiler w/Dark Journey pinned "Iceman" King Parsons with a school boy roll up and a handful of tights after a distraction from Dark Journey

NWA U.S. Jr. Championship

"Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal w/Dark Journey pinned Larry Hamilton when Dark Journey distracted the referee allowing the Spoiler to slide in and hit Hamilton with his loaded glove to win the NWA U.S. Jr Heavyweight Championship

Grudge Tag Team Match

Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk defeated The Dirty White Boys (Tony Anthony/Len Denton) when Taylor pinned Anthony with a backslide

The International House of Humperdink (Akio Sato/Tarzan Goto/Tatsumi Fujinami) w/Oliver Humperdink defeated Scott & Steve Armstrong/Tim Horner when Goto made Horner submit with a cross arm breaker…..the decision was nearly reversed when Goto refused to break the hold after Horner submitted, Humperdink finally convinced him to break the hold before the referee DQ'd them.  Horner appeared to be injured as he was heavily favoring his shoulder as he and the Armstrongs left the ring

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

BULLWHIP ON A POLE MATCH

(Gossett & Duke Myers banned from ringside)

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

vs.

"Outlaw" Ron Bass

This match started out hot as it was a brawl from the opening bell, Cooley tried to climb the pole numerous times but was cut off by Bass,  Bass attempted to get up the pole a couple of times and it became painfully obvious that he was not going to be able to shimmy up the pole to retrieve the bullwhip……so the next time Cooley went over to attempt to climb the pole, Bass obviously dropped back and let him go after it…..Cooley managed to climb the pole and retrieve "Ms. Betsy" the bullwhip, Cooley slid back down and as soon as his feet hit the top rope, Bass gave him a low blow from behind….Cooley dropped the whip and fell off the ropes into the ring.  Bass walked over and got the whip and laid into Cooley with it, he whipped him several times as referee Larry Brock called for the bell and declared Bass the winner of the match.  Cooley finally managed to evade the whip and hit Bass with a 'super kick'…..Bass dropped the whip and Cooley picked it up and managed to whip Bass with it a couple of times before Bass quickly exited the ring and ran back up the aisle.

After the semi-main event, Les Thatcher came down to ringside and announced that after what happened last week when Mr. Olympia defended against "Iceman" King Parsons, seeing as how Duke Myers interfered….He said that tonight he is banning Ronnie P. Gossett and Duke Myers from ringside during the following Continental title match so there can be a clear cut winner with no interference!

MAIN EVENT

Mr. Olympia

vs.

Magnum T.A.

Before the match could start, Olympia got on the microphone and ranted about how unfair it is that his manager and his manager's caretaker has been banned from ringside…after several moments of this, Magnum came over and snatched the microphone away and said, "Did you come here to wrestle…or just to bitch and moan?"  The crowd popped and Olympia charged at him and Magnum gave him a backdrop as the referee called for the bell and our "sanctioned main event" was under way!  Magnum was in control for several minutes until Olympia pulled something from his trunks and struck Magnum in the throat to take control of the match.  Olympia worked Magnum over for a bit but couldn't get a pin fall on the former World Champion……..Olympia tries to go for a brainbuster but Magnum reverses into a small package for a solid two count!  Magnum mounts a comeback and manages to hit Olympia with a BELLY TO BELLY SUPLEX, he covers 1--2-- Ivan Koloff suddenly appears and pulls the referee out of the ring!!  Magnum gets to his feet and points at Ivan, he starts to get out of the ring to go after him but from out of nowhere Nikita hits the ring and blasts him from behind with the 'Russian Sickle'!  Ivan slides in and they wrap the chain around Magnum's neck!  They throw Magnum over the top rope with the chain around his next and hang him but luckily security and local law enforcement swarm the ring to break it up as most of the other wrestlers have already left the building heading to the next town.

**ADDED MATCH**

LIGHTS OUT UNSANCTIONED

SOUTHERN STREETFIGHT

The Armstrongs (Bob/Brad)

vs.

Fuller/Golden make their way down to the ring both wearing Western style button down shirts, blue jeans and cowboy boots.  Bob Armstrong makes his way down wearing a 'Golds Gym' t-shirt, a big weightlifting belt and some camo army pants and combat boots.  Brad is wearing a 'Great American Bash '86' shirt along with camo army paints and combat boots also…..they charge down the aisle and are met half way by Fuller/Golden and the fight is on!! This was every bit the street fight that it was advertised! They fought all around ringside and out into the crowd…..hitting each other with everything that wasn't nailed down!  At one point, Brad Armstrong and Jimmy Golden were fighting up in the stands, while Fuller and Bullet Bob had made their way fighting back over at ringside…..two guys wearing hospital scrubs and masks came running down to the ring (fans presumed they were the Interns but these two guys weren't nearly as 'hefty' as the guys who have been working as the Interns in CCW recently) The two "Interns" jumped Bob Armstrong from behind and worked him over while Fuller was laid out on the floor……they gave Bob a spike piledriver on the concrete and then rolled him back into the ring……they grabbed Robert Fuller and tossed him into the ring as well……Fuller crawled over and put one arm over Bullet Bob as the "Interns" ran away…..due to the nature of the rules of this match, the referee had no choice but to make the count….1--2--3!!   The Stud Stable have defeated the Armstrongs thanks to the interference of these unknown masked attackers.

The fans were livid at the result of the last few matches…..and many weren't leaving….while chanting "bullshit"!  Les Thatcher came down to ringside and announced that next week in Dothan, Magnum T.A. has promised to have two mystery partners to face The Russians and Mr. Olympia and he wants the match to be inside of a STEEL CAGE so there will be no more interference!!  (The fans cheered)  Meanwhile 'Bullet' Bob Armstrong was having to be carried out on a stretcher.  Les also promised to get to the bottom of who these masked guys in the scrubs were as well.

Love the added feelings of the crowd as they left the arena.  I have only been to one show in my life and I could see the crowd erupting in anger if Sgt. Slaughter beat Andre the Giant.  I bet that happened a lot.  

Awesome last few matches!  Like that the Russians are hunting Magnum T.A.

Not the hefty Interns????.... hmmmmm

Lets get to Dothan!

Kazmaier is proving to be a reliable opener.

The Highwaymen have big things in their future.

Dark Journey is making some serious moves bringing in Spoiler & help Regal win the US Jr Heavyweight Championship.

Taylor & Zenk pull off the grudge match win against the DWB's. I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't the end.

Humperdink's Japanese trio make quite the impression-Goto in Particular- and Horner pays the price for it.

Smart of Bass to let Cooley grab Ol' Betsy than snatch her back. I sense another title shot for the Outlaw.

Magnum damn near wins Continental gold but the Koloffs aren't content to simply take a title from him. They've decided he isn't allowed to hold ANY title.

Stud Stable wins Lights Out thanks to a couple mystery mask men. 

Thornton sends the crowd home happy by announcing a huge 6 man tag for next week.

Huntsville's gonna remember this night for some time.

Love the team of Sugar and Savannah but tonight the Highwaymen were to much to handle. 

After working as a face for awhile, I'm sure the Spoiler is happy to be reverting back to his heel ways. 

Speaking of Spoiler, he helps Mr. Electricity win the Jr. title. I've always been a Regal fan so I'm happy to see him wearing some gold. Great night for Dark Journey. 

Taylor and Zenk are getting over quick especially with that win over the Dirty White Boys. 

International House of Humperdink make a strong statement as Horner suffers. 

Cooley and Bass tear it up as they battle for the whip. Bass wins it but Cooley gets in some shots as well. Defiantly more to come. 

The odds were against Olympia and I thought for sure Magnum had it. And then the Russians get involved. Just wait until Magnum gets a hold of them in the cage. 

No better way to end the night than the Fullers and Armstrongs going at it in an unsanctioned match. Who are these Interns??? I'm sure the Armstrongs are going to find out. I like that you gave us the fans reaction. Very realistic. I know they were pissed watching Bullet get stretchered out. 

Can't wait for next week's show! 

Continental Championship Wrestling Spot Show Loop:

Tuesday July 20, 1986: West Point, MS.

Wednesday July 21, 1986: Starkville, MS.

Thursday July 22, 1986: Columbus, MS.

Friday July 23, 1986: Tupelo, MS.

Johnny Rich pinned Sweet Brown Sugar with his feet on the ropes

Sugar's partner Savannah Jack came down and told the referee what happened. Johnny's cousin Davey Rich came down and joined the argument.   Referee Mac McMurray announces he's restarting the match as a tag team match!

Sweet Brown Sugar/Savannah Jack defeated Johnny/Davey Rich when Jack pins Davey with a sunset flip!

The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson) defeated The Gilberts (Doug/Tommy) when Duncum pinned Doug after a shoulder breaker

NWA U.S. Jr. Heavyweight Title-Rematch

"Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal w/Dark Journey fought Larry Hamilton to a double count out

Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk defeated The Stud Stable (Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden) when Brad Armstrong came down to ringside and was arguing with the Stud Stable allowing Zenk to score a quick school boy roll up on Golden for the win! The Stable threw a fit in the ring afterward and vowed revenge on Armstrong!

The Spoiler w/Dark Journey pinned "World's Strongest Man" Bill Kazmaier after a trip from Dark Journey, Spoiler walked the top rope and dropped an elbow on Kazmaier and scored the pin

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

The International House of Humperdink (Akio Sato/Tarzan Goto/Tatsumi Fujinami) w/Sir Oliver Humperdink defeated Brad/Scott/Steve Armstrong when Fujinami pinned Scott with a 'Dragon Suplex'

MAIN EVENT

If Cooley gets pinned he loses the S.E. Title,

If Olympia gets pinned he loses the CCW Title

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley/Magnum T.A. defeated "Outlaw" Ron Bass/Mr. Olympia when Magnum T.A. pinned Bass with a small package

Nice way to connect the first 2 matches.

The Highwaymen continue to roll.

Regal/Hamilton keep their feud over the gold simmering along.

T&Z get their biggest win yet thanks to a little help from Brad.

No shame in Kazmaier going down to Spoiler, especially with Dark Journey lending a hand.

I.H.o.H establish themselves as top tier threat with a clean win over the Armstrongs.

Big time main event as the crowd has the rare opportunity to see a single title change hands in a tag match. Ultimately both straps stay put as it's Magnum who puts down the "Outlaw".

Another exciting CCW tour of Mississippi.