Pro Wrestling Only

Continental Championship Wrestling

GeneJackson95

Continental+Championship+Wrestling+logo.

Mississippi Coast Coliseum

Biloxi, MS.

Monday November 29, 1986

Bell Time: 8pm

The Mighty Goliath w/Downtown Bruno pinned Bugsy McGraw with a "big splash" following an "avalanche" in the corner

Johnny/Davey Rich defeated Starr Power (Lance/Mark Starr) w/Sherri Martel by DQ when Buzz/Brett Sawyer hit the ring and attacked The Rich Cousins, Starr Power immediately left the ring and went to the back.  Buzz took the mic and screamed at Johnny, "The Sawyers won't rest until we run ALL the Richs out of wrestling!"

REVENGE MATCH

The Grappler pinned Scorpio after kicking him in the head with his "loaded boot" when Downtown Bruno came to ringside and distracted the referee momentarily

EIGHT MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne)/The New Breed (Chris Champion/Sean Royal) defeated The Desperados (Bill Irwin/Killer Brooks/Ron Bass)/"Dirty White Boy" Tony Anthony when Danny Davis pinned Bass with a small package.  Bass got into a shoving match with his partners after the match and then walked out on all of them after yelling, "I'm done with all you losers!"

RETURN MATCH

"World's Strongest Man" Doug Furnas w/Terry Taylor pinned "The Music City Sensation" Billy Joe Travis w/Downtown Bruno with a school boy roll up when Bruno tried to interfere but was cut off by Terry Taylor

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH-LOSER STOPS USING THE SLEEPER
"Adorable" Adrian Adonis w/Sherri Martel defeated The Bullet when Sherri sprayed Bullet in the eyes with air freshener allowing Adonis to lock in the "Good Night Irene" sleeper hold and get the win. Due to the match stipulation, The Bullet will be disqualified if uses a sleeper going forward in a CCW sanctioned match

BULLWHIP ON A POLE MATCH

"Superstar" Bill Dundee defeated "Dirty" Dutch Mantell w/Slick when he climbed the pole and retrieved the bullwhip and whipped Mantell until he fled the ring and got counted out

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Continental Tag Team Championship

Mr. Olympia/Junkyard Dog defeated Slick's Stable (Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden) w/Slick by DQ when JYD hit Golden with the 'THUMP' powerslam and went for the pin, Slick ran in and kicked the Dog causing the DQ to save the titles, JYD jumped up and gave Slick the THUMP causing Fuller and Golden to have to carry Slick back to the dressing room

MAIN EVENT
Continental Heavyweight Championship

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel

vs.

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

Landel came to ringside alone. He got on the mic to a chorus of boos from the fans and announced that "due to the unprovoked attack from the lowlife Junkyard Dog, my poor manager Slick is unable to be at ringside for this title defense, so since it's my legal right to have my manager present for ALL title defenses…this match will have to be rescheduled."  The fans started to chant "BULLSHIT, BULLSHIT" as Landel looked appalled.  Les Thatcher came to ringside and announced that with or without Slick, the advertised title match is happening unless he intends to forfeit the title. Landel says Thatcher is "as bad as that fat idiot Bill Watts!" Thatcher shrugs his shoulders and calls for the bell.

The match starts and Landel spends the first few minutes trying to stay away from Cooley, Cooley finally gets his hands on him and they proceed to have a pretty exciting match which after about 15 minutes it looks like Cooley has things going his way……Wendell hits Landel with the 'running bulldog', the fans are all on their feet as the ref counts 1--2---WHAM!!

Someone slides in out of nowhere and breaks up the count……it's….BAD NEWS ALLEN!! Bad News takes advantage of the fact that Cooley is worn down from this championship match and he puts a beating on Cooley as Landel rolls out of the ring and smiles as he clutches his title belt and heads for the back. The crowd boos and throws things at Bad News as he exits ringside as Cooley is left laid out in the ring. IS THIS WHO SLICK WAS REFERRING TO AS THE NEW MEMBER OF THE STABLE???

ALLANobit.jpg

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goliath may have knocked Bugsy even loopy-er then he already was.

The Sawyers are back & they're going Rich hunting.

Bruno & Grappler working together? It could work.

Bass just took his ball and went to Charl...home he went home.

The Taylor relationship pays off for Furnas. Now what does Taylor expect in return.

Adonis gets his wish as The Bullet can't use the Sleeper or he'll get dq'd.

I don't know what the fans loved more, Dutch getting a whippin' or Slick getting the Thump.

And Robert was worried, I think he & Allen will get along great.

The Rich's/Sawyers feud will never get old. This is going to get crazy! 

Grappler gets his revenge on Scorpio. 

After the loss, Bass says goodbye and I'm sure he's taking Miss Betsy with him. 

Taylor does his job well as Furnas gets his biggest win to date over Billy Joe. 

Speaking of big wins, Adonis has been on a roll since his rebirth and now takes Bullet's sleeper away from him. In other words, goodnight Irene. 

I know Dundee took great pleasure in whipping Dirty Dutch. 

LOL, that visual of Fuller and Golden carrying Slick out of there cracked me up. Slick got THUMPED! 

First Thatcher gives Landel some bad news. Then, Cooley gets some bad news tonight as Allen returns! This is also bad news for Continental! The fans never know what's going to happen on the house shows, which will keep them coming. 

Dusty Rhodes versus Bruiser Brody, and a Scaffold Match! Excellent things to tantalise the fans with and get them on board with the company's new trajectory!

The encounter between Adrian Street and Chicky Starr was a lot of fun! I'm excited to see how things develop!

The Mighty Goliath is getting a great monster build so far!

A hard loss to swallow, but the I'm sure the Bullet will adapt!

Slick's stable now looks unstoppable! Wendell Cooley gets majorly screwed ... and I don't think things are going to get better for him any time soon!

Continental+Championship+Wrestling+logo.

Continental Championship Wrestling TV

Previously Recorded/Airing on Saturday December 4, 1986

Host: Charlie Platt

Co-Host: Ronnie P. Gossett

Ring Announcer: Freddie Miller

Interviewer: Joe Pedicino

(The show opens with footage of the end of last week's Continental Championship match where it appeared 'Wildcat' Wendell Cooley was mere moments from defeating Buddy Landel for the Continental title when the newest member of Slick's Stable debuted and interfered, Bad News Allen making his return to CCW!  We then go to the opening montage and over to the desk with Charlie Platt and Ronnie P. Gossett)

Platt: "Hello and welcome once again to Continental Championship Wrestling, I'm Charlie Platt and I'm joined as always by Ronnie P. Gossett, and Ronnie of all the people I thought could show up to join the Stable, Bad News Allen was not among them."

RPG: "That's why it was a genius move on the part of the Slickster! You have to admit that Slick has made all the right moves so far and he's a MUCH better leader to the Stable than Ron Fuller EVER was!"

Platt: "Well, that's certainly a matter of opinion but I do admit that so far, Slick has managed to somehow get all those egos to co-exist."

RPG: "I'm looking forward to here in a few moments when we see the television debut of a tag team that showed up in Biloxi last Monday night  and attacked Johnny and Davey Rich…..and that team is none other than Brett and Buzz Sawyer!"

Platt: "I honestly don't know what to make of those guys just ambushing the Richs like that…." (Before Platt can finish that sentence, Eric Embry comes strolling out to the desk) "Can we help you with something, Mr. Embry?"

Embry: "I'm just here to formally announce that I have my made my choice and I have left the NWA to join up with Continental Championship Wrestling, I forfeited the NWA World Jr Heavyweight Championship so I could come here and compete."

Platt: "That's not entirely true, you actually LOST that title over in Japan last week, you didn't forfeit the title." (Embry looks bumfuzzled)

RPG: "Charlie Platt, how dare you question this man! He's a former World Champion, even if it was for that nothing happening NWA, when he held that title it was prestigious….now some random Japanese guy no one has ever heard of has the belt.  You should be celebrating the fact, a champion the stature of Eric Embry has chosen to come to CCW."

Embry: "Thank you Ronnie, I appreciate the fact that at least, YOU respect talent and know how to treat people unlike this joker here. Who is this guy? What happened to Gordon Solie? Did they finally send him to rehab?"

RPG: "This is Charlie Platt, apparently he's a big deal down in Dothan. Anyway, you're right…he's very disrespectful and dismissive and I apologize on his behalf…..anyway, what brings you to Continental?"

Embry: "Well, Ronnie I'm glad you asked.  You see now that the NWA Jr title is as useless as a toothbrush in an Alabama trailer park, the most important junior heavyweight title in the country right now is the United States Junior heavyweight championship and I want a shot at it….now!"

Platt: "Look Mr. Embry, while I'm sure you do have to be considered a top contender, the champion Tom Prichard is currently over in Japan defending that title, which he hopefully will have better luck defending than you had defending yours but right now Scott Armstrong has been promised the next shot at the title when Prichard returns for Christmas Clash on Christmas night in Rome, Georgia."

Embry: "Platt, first off….I don't appreciate the dig at me….with that whole 'hope he has better luck than you' line. That's strike one for you!  As for Scott Armstrong, I don't like him…I've had issues here with him in the past so if he's next in line, it only stands to reason that if I beat him then I'M next in line so I'm issuing a challenge to little Scotty Armstrong right now to face me this Monday night in Montgomery, Alabama."

Platt: "I'm sure that Les Thatcher will take that under advisement and present that challenge to Scott Armstrong and knowing Scott like I do, I won't surprised if he accepts. However, right now we have to go to the ring for tag team action with the Sawyers."

===============

MATCH #1:

Brett/Buzz Sawyer defeated Mitch Snow/Randy Watson when Brett powerslammed Watson and Buzz gave him a splash off the top rope

Post match: Buzz Sawyer takes the mic from the ring announcer as he's declaring them the winners. Sawyer says that he doesn't care if the fans love or hate any of the Richs, the Sawyers will always hate the Rich family and will fight them every chance they get and what happened last Monday night was just the beginning! 

Johnny/Davey Rich ran down the aisle and hit the ring and a wild brawl ensued until Platt called for a commercial so "order could be restored"

==============

COMMERCIAL BREAK

==============

(VTR- "Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller is seen for the first time since he was attacked by his own Stable a few weeks back.  Fuller says that he's not quite able to come back to the ring just yet BUT he knows with the addition of Bad News Allen, Cooley/Dundee/JYD/Olympia are outnumbered in their upcoming 10 man elimination match against the Stable in Montgomery so he has personally went out and recruited a mystery partner for them this Monday night that can't wait to get his hands on Buddy Landel! Fuller says, "Who could it be? Be there Monday night to find out!")

==============

MATCH #2:

Corporal Kirchner pinned Sammy Hall after a fallaway slam

==============

We cut to ringside where Joe Pedicino has been joined by Doug Furnas. Pedicino points out that last Monday with Terry Taylor in his corner, Furnas managed to score a victory over Billy Joe Travis. Furnas says that Taylor has quickly become a mentor to him and he appreciates everything that Taylor is doing for him.  Downtown Bruno comes out and says that Furnas is a joke and couldn't win a match without Terry Taylor helping him, says that Furnas is "just another muscle head with a million dollar body and a ten cent brain", Bruno follows that up by slapping Furnas in the face!  Furnas grabs him by the throat and lifts him into the air choking him until from behind Billy Joe Travis breaks a guitar across Furnas' back laying him out and freeing Bruno.  Travis said he calls that tune, "the Balled of Dumbbell Dougie" when Terry Taylor comes running down the aisle which sends Travis and Bruno heading in the opposite direction as Taylor kneels down to check on his friend

==============

MATCH #3

Tag Team Challenge Match

The Grappler/The Mighty Goliath w/Downtown Bruno defeated Scorpio/The Cobra when Scorpio went to make the "hot tag" to Cobra, but he jumped down off the apron and watched as the Grappler dragged him back across the ring and tagged in Goliath who then gave Scorpio a splash and pinned him…..Once the match was over, Cobra climbed back in the ring and put the boots to Scorpio before leaving ringside with Bruno and company!

==============

COMMERCIAL BREAK

==============

MATCH #4:

Bad News Allen w/Slick pinned Lenny Broadway after a 'Ghetto Blaster'

==============

(VTR- The Bullet is livid in the dressing room following his loss to "Adorable" Adrian Adonis that now means he can no longer use his sleeper hold. Bullet says he made a mistake and "underestimated the big marshmallow fatty!"  Bullet says that this week, Les Thatcher has granted him a rematch with Sherri Martel barred from ringside and we'll see how tough he is without "Skanky Sherri" interfering in the match!)

==============

MATCH #5:

The New Breed (Chris Champion/Sean Royal) defeated Bobby/Rocky Ewing when Champion pinned Bobby after a legdrop off the top rope

Promo:

After the match, Champion/Royal cut a promo saying that this Monday night, they will team with the Nightmares to beat The Desperados and the Dirty White Boy just like they did last week when they apparently ran Ron Bass out of Continental! Royal adds that "it's only appropriate that the tag team of the future be involved in the match of the future, the Skywalkers match! Champion adds, that he hopes that Starr Power learns to fly between now and Christmas because the name of their finishing move will be appropriate now because they will both be….."Falling Starrs!"

===============

COMMERCIAL BREAK

===============

(As return from the break, a camera is in the dressing room of Robert Fuller, Jimmy Golden, Dutch Mantell, and Buddy Landel)

Fuller: "I'm telling you guys, I don't have a good feeling about this Bad News Allen guy, I think he's exactly like his names says…..bad news."

Landel: "Robbie, what do you mean baby? He was right on time last week….he saved the day for me against Cooley…and by the way I didn't see ANY of you guys coming to the rescue."

Mantell: "Of for God's sake, Landel don't get that started again.  I agree with Robert, that guy has a rotten attitude and I would bet you my moustache that if it comes down to it, he has NO loyalty to the Stable whatsoever!"

Landel: "What do you mean? Again, he came out and helped ME last week!"

Fuller: "That's because he'd rather rassle you for that title when it comes time than have to fight Cooley for the title."

Golden: "The bigger question is…..where the hell is Slick at today?"

Landel: "He said he had some business to attend to but he'll be there Monday night for the ten man tag match."

Mantell: "Which begs another question, Robert. Who in the world is your brother bringing in to be there mystery partner?"

Fuller: "Hell if I know! Better question is, why is he being allowed to pick their partner in the first place??"

Golden: "What if it's Bad News? What if this whole thing is a swerve?"

Landel: "Do you guys hear yourselves? Slick has given us NO REASON to not trust him and if he says I can trust Bad News Allen, then I trust Bad News Allen! Bottom line!"

Fuller: "Well big boy, you've got the most to lose so you better hope we can trust him."

==============

Charlie Platt runs down the card for Monday night in Montgomery….

Civic Center

Montgomery, Alabama

Monday December 6, 1986

Bell Time: 7:30pm

MAIN EVENT

TEN MAN ELIMINATION TAG MATCH

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

"Superstar" Bill Dundee

Junkyard Dog

Mr. Olympia

MYSTERY PARTNER

vs.

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landell

Bad News Allen

"Dirty" Dutch Mantell

"Real Tennessee Stud" Robert Fuller

Jimmy Golden w/Slick

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
GRUDGE REMATCH

SHERRI MARTEL BARRED FROM RINGSIDE

The Bullet

vs.

"Adorable" Adrian Adonis

FAMILY FEUD

Johnny/Davey Rich

vs.

Brett/Buzz Sawyer

Terry Taylor

vs.
"Music City Sensation"

Billy Travis w/Downtown Bruno

RETURN EIGHT MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne)

The New Breed (Chris Champion/Sean Royal)

vs.

The Desperados (Bill & Scott Irwin/Killer Brooks)

"Dirty White Boy" Tony Anthony

REVENGE MATCH

Scorpio

vs.

The Cobra

Ray Odyssey/Todd Morton

vs.

Starr Power (Lance/Mark Starr) w/Sherri Martel

Jr. Heavyweight Challenge Match

Scott Armstrong

vs.

"Flamboyant" Eric Embry

Corporal Kirchner

vs.

The Terrorist

================

(The camera pans over to an empty stage where Ron Slinker limps out now wearing a black gi in a walking cast, no longer in need of crutches….followed by Al Madril who is no longer smiling….in fact he looks VERY angry….bitter even. Madril has on a black suit with a bolo tie. He stares intensely into the camera for a few moments)

Madril: "I want you all to know…..I'm no mood for this. I'm only out here because I'm contractually obligated to do an interview on this television show every other week.  Les Thatcher is a bigger scumbag than Bill Watts….if you can even imagine that.  You know, I tried to have fun with this….I tried to bring some entertainment to what would just be another stupid southern 'rasslin' show…but you wouldn't let that happen would you? I tried to come out here with a smile on my face and be a good sport about having to interview all these so called wrestlers you have here in Continental but you just couldn't let me do that…..Adrian Street, what I did to you last week was just a sample…..just a little taste of what you have in store the next time I see you.  You will pay for humiliating me in the Wargames. You will pay and pay dearly…and when that happens….when I hurt you and make you pay the price for what you did to me….then, and only then may the smile return to my handsome face.  As I mentioned, I'm contractually obligated to interview someone….so how about I interview….(dramatically turns and points at Slinker)…..YOU!"

Slinker: "Me?"

Madril: "Yeah…you."

Slinker: "What are you going to ask me?"

Madril: "How about I start with….how in the hell do you call yourself a bodyguard?"

Slinker: "Excuse me?"

Madril: "I'm sorry, Gringo? Is your english comprehension as bad as your bodyguard skills? Let me say it a little slower…..How….do….you….call…..yours.." (Slinker snatches the microphone from Madril)

Slinker: "I heard you….I understood you….I meant, what the hell are you talking about?"

Madril: "First of all, don't you ever cut me off again….second of all….don't you ever take something out of my hand! What I'm talking about is the fact that you SUCK at your job! I'm talking about the fact you've been hobbling around here like a gimp and you just stood there and watched while I was humiliated by Adrian Street!"

Slinker: "It's not my fault you shot your mouth off and then stepped inside of a cage with a sissy boy who then proceeded to make you squeal like a pig. (Crowd cheers) I'm sorry, that you weren't man enough to hang in the Wargames but don't blame your shortcomings on me….Alberto."

Madril: "You know, Slink….that's tough talk from a guy who walks with a limp…..but I just have one question for you? What's your favorite Star Trek movie?"

Slinker: "What?"

(From out of nowhere Killer Khan runs out and spews his green mist in the eyes of Slinker, Madril stomped Slinker's injured foot and Khan nailed Slinker with a big chop to the head that knocks him down! Madril goes over and grabs a steel chair)

Madril: "You know what my favorite Star Trek movie is?  Wrath of Khan!" (Madril busts out laughing…then starts wailing on Slinker with the chair just like he did Street the week prior, Madril opens up the chair and closes it around Slinker's already injured leg, he then stomps the chair further injuring Slinker's leg/ankle….the camera quickly cuts to Joe Pedicino in the back)

===============

Joe Pedicino draws out this week's challenger who turns out to be…..one of the Desperados…."Wild" Bill Irwin!

-------------------------

MATCH #6
MAIN EVENT

Continental Television Championship

Terry Taylor pinned "Wild" Bill Irwin following a "five arm"

© 1986 Continental Championship Wrestling

The arrival of Bad News should stir things up here in CCW for sure. Can't wait to see him interact with Landel, and personality conflicts with Fuller and Golden should be something!

Adrian taking the Sleeper away from The Bullet is an interesting twist. I like that stipulation.

On too TV....

Embry shows up making demands after "quitting" the NWA! Platt ruins his story, which should lead to some fun interactions with those two!

Sawyers vs Rich's... I'm in!

Who could Ron Fuller have? Probably himself!

The Ballad of Dumbbell Dougie is sure to be a #1 hit!!

Buddy Landel being the voice of reason in the Slick Stable is something to behold! Though, I can't say I would trust Bad News either!!

Well, that was one hell of a Fiesta Garden! You had me thinking you hired Tug Taylor or Fred Ottman for a minute, cause I was like.... The Voyage Home? But it was The Wrath of Khan! That was funny shit.

I was rooting for Wild Bill, but TT retains his death grip on the belt!!

Goof stuff as always!!

With all due respect to Mr Embry, the NWA records don't quite match his description of events.

I'm not up to speed on the Rich/Sawyer issue but I'm glad I'm not Johnny & Davey right now.

The Tennessee Stud has found someone he trusts to send to Montgomery. Considering he can't trust his own family that really says something.

Kirchner with a successful arrival.

The Balled of Dumbell Dougie is gonna be on Alabama radio for weeks.

Bruno is compiling quite the diverse group of talent. The Cobra is a great get.

The New Breed are riding high heading into the Skywalkers match. Hope they don't come crashing down.

Considering Slick & Allen's track record in CCW I'm not surprised there's trust issues in the Stable. Though if Budro is cool with them they can't be all bad....right?

Another stacked Montgomery card.

Madril fires Slinker! Not only fires him he possibly re-breaks the leg.

Taylor maintains the gold with a win over "Wild" Bill.

The bit with Eric Embry was a bunch of fun!

Ooh a mystery partner, recruited by Ron Fuller? I'm very much looking forward to that reveal!

The Bullet getting revenge on Adrian Adonis would be so cathartic! Hopefully he doesn't have any tricks up his sleeve, without Sherri Martel in his corner!

Al Madril came across like such a piece of work in that segment! Good job!

Embry arriving and saying he forfeited the NWA Jr. title cracked me up. Continental is the perfect place for Embry. 

Can't wait for more confrontations between the Sawyers and Rich's! Family feud of the year.

Ron has a mystery man coming in and apparently Landel is the target. Very interesting.

Kirchner arrives. USA! USA! USA! 

"Ballad of Dumbbell Dougie" Bruno is pretty funny. Great story here.

Cobra makes the turn on Scorpio and heads out with Bruno. I always liked Cobra's heel work. His matches with Scorpio will keep the fans on the edge of their seats.

Bullet gets a rematch with Adonis. Things might be different with Sherri being banned.

New Breed are pumped up and ready for the scaffold match. "Falling Starrs" What a great finisher name LOL.

It says a lot when Landel is the voice of reason. I have to agree with him. Slick has really come through. 

Serious Madril is not to be messed with. Slinker found that out, the hard way. Madril's comedic timing was perfect with the Wrath of Khan line. Poor Slinker always ends up in a bad way in Dawn of War. 

Wild Bill gets the TV title shot but goes down to Taylor. Taylor is rock'n that TV title! 

Great show Gene! I laughed all the way through. 

ccwlogo.gif

Civic Center

Montgomery, Alabama

Monday December 6, 1986

Bell Time: 7:30pm

Corporal Kirchner pinned The Terrorist after a fallaway slam

Jr. Heavyweight Challenge Match

"Flamboyant" Eric Embry pinned Scott Armstrong with his feet on the ropes

Starr Power (Lance/Mark Starr) w/Sherri Martel defeated "Surfer" Ray Odyssey/Todd Morton when Lance pinned Morton after the "Falling Starr"

REVENGE MATCH

Scorpio defeated The Cobra w/Downtown Bruno by DQ when Bruno pushed Scorpio off the top rope as he was going for the moonsault

RETURN EIGHT MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne/The New Breed (Chris Champion/Sean Royal) fought The Desperados (Bill & Scott Irwin/Killer Brooks)/"Dirty White Boy" Tony Anthony to a "No Contest"

Terry Taylor defeated "Music City Sensation" Billy Travis w/Downtown Bruno by DQ when Bruno pulled a guitar out from under the ring and slid it to Travis who broke it over Taylor's head

FAMILY FEUD

Brett/"Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer defeated Johnny/Davey Rich when Buzz pinned Davey after a powerslam

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
GRUDGE REMATCH

SHERRI MARTEL BARRED FROM RINGSIDE

The Bullet pinned "Adorable" Adrian Adonis with a school boy roll up, after the match Starr Power hit the ring and attacked the Bullet, Adonis joined in as well but The New Breed and Scott Armstrong hit the ring to make the save!

MAIN EVENT

TEN MAN ELIMINATION TAG MATCH

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

"Superstar" Bill Dundee

Junkyard Dog

Mr. Olympia

MYSTERY PARTNER

vs.

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landell

Bad News Allen

"Dirty" Dutch Mantell

"Real Tennessee Stud" Robert Fuller

Jimmy Golden w/Slick

The Stable made their way to the ring first.  The babyfaces came to the ring, followed by "Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller who is walking with a cane and still limping from the attack from the Stable weeks ago. Slick grabs the microphone….."I knew it! I knew it! I told these guys you were going to be the partner! Hobble yo big lanky butt in here and these boys will finish what they started."  Ron Fuller from outside the ring, "Wrong again, Slickster! An old friend of mine gave me a call and said he'd like to get his hands on the so called champ, Buddy Landel…..so come on down here. Welcome these guy's partner……."The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol!!

Order of Elimination:

1. Dutch Mantell pinned Bill Dundee with his feet on the ropes
  2. JYD pinned Dutch Mantell with the THUMP powerslam
  3. Mr. Olympia pinned Jimmy Golden with a small package
  4. Bad News Allen pinned Junkyard Dog following the 'ghetto blaster'
  5. Buddy Landel pinned Mr. Olympia after hitting him in the throat with Slick's cane!
  6. Wendell Cooley pinned Robert Fuller after a running bulldog
  7. Cooley and Bad News were both counted out while brawling on the floor
  8. Austin Idol made Buddy Landel submit to the 'Las Vegas Leglock' to win the match!

Kirchner channels his inner G.I Joe as he bests The Terrorist.

Embry gets the better of Armstrong again. Now he's gonna be even more insistent that he deserves a title match.

Starr Power sets Morton up for a fall. (P.S you posted this match twice)

Bruno spoils the first Scorpio/Cobra match.

Chaos in the 8 man tag.

Travis writes another smash hit!

The Sawyers win the first round of their renewed feud with the Rich cousins.

Bullet gets some payback on Adonis but it doesn't last.

Idol arrives with a bang making the Continental Heavyweight Champion tap out! This is gonna be fun!

Austin Idol added to the mix here is going to make this place even crazier!

Billy Travis is a hit maker for sure!! "Tough Times for Terry Taylor" is going right to #1

Glad to see Embry employing the Greco Roman Foot on the Ropes

Scorpio needs some back up!

That 10 man was worth the price of admission!!!

You know it's going to be a good night when a patriot defeats a terrorist.

Now Embry has a legit argument for a Jr. title match. The Flamboyant One vs. The Doctor of Desire. The match sells itself. 

Bruno's boys lose by DQ but they're the ones standing tall. 

Sawyer's win the first battle. 

Bullet gets the pin on Adonis and then we get a bonus brawl. 

OH YEA! The Universal Heartthrob has arrived and gets over right away by winning the elimination match and making Landel submit. I'm excited about an Idol/Landel feud. The promos will be gold! 

The Bullet rises to the challenge, as I was sure he would, and the post-match angle escalates things in a cool way. I can't wait to see these guys get their comeuppance!

Austin Idol is a good fit for the mystery partner, and he makes a splash immediately! No doubt they'll regroup but it's satisfying to see Slick's Stable take a big loss like this!

Really fun TV show this week as CCW is having no trouble moving on from the NWA.

The storylines and promos were awesome as always.  

Embry was a good first segment and a good way to bring attention to the U.S. Jr title.

Slick-Stud Stable-Ron Fuller-Bad News-Mystery partner-loyalty questions-  The perfect soap opera for guys.  Can't wait to see how this all plays out.

Sawyers vs The Rich cousins...just seems right

Bullet with some strong words for Skanky Sherri... wonder how he will try to finish off Adonis without the sleeper.

Khan just seems like a better bodyguard then Ron Slinker but I hope Alberto doesn't get made at him like he did Slink.

On to the Civic Center...

Nice start for Embry getting a win over an Armstrong in his first match...

Nice win for the Sawyers.  I bet those Rich boys wish they were still on good terms with Wildfire.  

Amazing what can be found under the ring... to bad for Taylor that tonight it happened to be a guitar.

The Bullet might need more then a school boy roll up for a finisher if he faces Adonis again.

YES..... IDOL IS HERE!!!

Continental Championship Wrestling TV
Previously Recorded/Airing on Saturday December 11, 1986
Host: Charlie Platt
Co-Host: Ronnie P. Gossett
Ring Announcer: Freddie Miller
Interviewer: Joe Pedicino

(Show opens with highlights from last week's ten man tag team elimination match featuring the return of AUSTIN IDOL as the Mystery Partner of Cooley/Dundee/Olympia/JYD against Slick's Stable of Landel/Bad News/Fuller/Golden/Mantell when Idol made the CCW Champion Buddy Landel submit to the 'Las Vegas Leglock' to win the match for his team---we then go to the opening montage and over to the desk with Charlie Platt and Ronnie P. Gossett)

Platt: "Welcome once again to Continental Championship Wrestling, I'm Charlie Platt along with…."  
(Before Platt can even finish that sentence, Buddy Landel barges in followed by Slick and Bad News Allen)

Landel: "How dare you, Charlie Platt!?!? That's how you people choose to open the show by showing that travesty…..by showing that bleach blonde Buddy Landel wannabe Austin Idol who wasn't even man enough to admit he was their partner beforehand, he wanted the advantage of sneaking in so we couldn't prepare for him!"

RPG: "Buddy, I totally agree….it was a fluke…it was a one in a million stroke of luck coupled with the fact that you were blindsided with him showing up and obviously that no good Ron Fuller was behind it!"

Slick: "That was a joke! It's exactly what Ronnie P. just said…it was a fluke! If they wrestled a hundred more times, Idol couldn't do that again, not even one more time!"

Platt: "Well, it's funny you mention that Slick. This Monday night in Jackson, Mississippi it's going to be 'Tag Team Turmoil' night and every match on the card will be a tag match. Some regular tags, some six man, eight man, etc.  However, one of the matches that should interest you and your men is a tag team match that is being referred to as the 'Winner's Choice' Match which will feature Austin Idol teaming with 'Wildcat' Wendell Cooley against 'Nature Boy' Buddy Landel and Bad News Allen with the winning team being allowed to choose the stipulation of their singles matches against the same opponents at Christmas Clash on Christmas night."

Landel: "Wait? So you're telling me….that not IF but WHEN, Bad News and myself beat Idol and Cooley. I can pick the stipulation for a singles match against Austin Idol on Christmas which would include the stipulation, NON TITLE?" 

Platt: "I suppose that would be a stipulation you could choose."

Bad News: "More importantly, that means that I can make that dime store wannabe Cowboy face me in a Harlem Streetfight on Christmas night in front of all those beer bellied sharecroppers in Rome, Georgia!"

Slick: "No problem then, Charlie Platt, we got this handled! You said ONE of the matches I would be interested in? What other match would I be interested in?"

Platt: "It seems like you would be interested in the Continental Tag Team title match where your guys Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden will defend the titles against the Junkyard Dog and Mr. Olympia."

Slick: "They don't deserve another title shot! We already defended against them!"

Platt: "Yes, and we all know how that went and the fact that you interfered to save the titles by disqualification."

Landel: "Enough about that Charlie Platt, Fuller and Golden will be just fine. Let's talk some more about the fact that Austin Idol is a bleach blonde Buddy Landel rip off! He's a wannabe! He's the world's biggest Buddy Landel fan and he just wants to do everything he can to try and be like me!"

RPG: "And why wouldn't he, Charlie Platt? This man right here is the best wrestler in the world today! Better than the NWA Champion Timmy Blanchard! Better than the AWA Champion Ricky Showboat! Better than the UWF Champion Butch Reeves! He's certainly better than that cartoon character the WWF calls a champion! This man is the best wrestler in the world today and Austin Idol can't hold a candle to the Nature Boy!"

Landel: "Ronnie baby, I couldn't have said it better myself!" (Bad News rolls his eyes as they all turn to leave)

Platt: "We'll be telling you the rest of the tag team matches taking place at Tag Team Turmoil shortly but right now let's go to the ring for our opening bout."
===================
MATCH #1:
The Junkyard Dog/Mr. Olympia defeated Buster Scruggs/Curly Jefferson when JYD gave Scruggs the 'THUMP' powerslam to get the pinfall

Post match: JYD tells Joe Pedicino that hopefully Slick learned his lesson last time when he "got his little narrow tail thumped" for interfering and all it will take is a fair shot for them to become the tag team champions. Olympia mentions that he and JYD were tag team champions together in Mid South back in the day and that they would like nothing better than to bring home those Continental Tag Team Titles in Jackson, Mississippi!
====================
COMMERCIAL BREAK
====================
Charlie Platt runs down the full card for Monday night:

Presents
TAG TEAM TURMOIL '86
Mississippi Fairgrounds Coliseum
Jackson, Mississippi
Monday December 13, 1986
Bell Time- 7:30pm

MAIN EVENT
WINNER'S CHOICE
TAG TEAM CHALLENGE MATCH
"Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol
"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley
vs.
"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel
Bad News Allen w/ Slick

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
Continental Tag Team Title-Rematch
Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden w/Slick
vs.
Junkyard Dog/Mr. Olympia 

EIGHT MAN TAG TEAM ELIMINATION MATCH
The Bullet/Scott Armstrong/The New Breed
vs.
Adrian Adonis/Eric Embry/Starr Power
w/Sherri Martel

GRUDGE TAG TEAM MATCH
Corporal Kirchner/"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda
vs.
Killer Khan/"The Great" Al Madril

TAG TEAM STRAP MATCH
Johnny/Davey Rich
vs.
Brett/Buzz Sawyer

The Grappler/Mighty Goliath/Billy Joe Travis/The Cobra with Downtown Bruno
vs.
The Nightmares/Doug Furnas/Scorpio

The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong/Tracy Smothers)
vs.
The Desperados (Bill Irwin/Killer Brooks) w/Scott Irwin
==================
MATCH #2:
"Adorable" Adrian Adonis/"Flamboyant" Eric Embry/"Marvelous" Mark Starr/"Loverboy" Lance Starr w/Sherri Martel defeated Mitch Snow/Ray Odyssey/Todd Morton/Randy Watson when Mark Starr pinned Watson after the "Falling Starr"

Post match: Embry says that he and Adonis are the perfect team and then when you throw in the Starr Power of Lance and Mark they are unstoppable!  Sherri adds that since Eric beat Scott Armstrong last week and 'Adorable' Adrian clearly has the Bullet's number…winning this match is a foregone conclusion because the New Breed don't have a prayer of EVER beating Starr Power as you'll find out later in the show!
====================
In the dressing room, Joe Pedicino is joined by Johnny/Davey Rich. Pedicino says it's unusual that the Sawyers got the win last week yet they still have insisted on facing Johnny and Davey this week in a double leather strap match. Johnny says that he agrees it's unusual but he and cousin Davey are more than happy to face them again and they aren't the list be intimidated by those leather straps!
=====================
COMMERCIAL BREAK
=====================
MATCH #3:
The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong/Tracy Smothers) defeated Sammy Hall/Roy Munson when Smothers lifted up Munson to be dropkicked off the top rope by Armstrong who got the pin!

Post match: Armstrong says he's been struggling to find his way in pro wrestling but now that he's teamed up with Tracy Smothers, they have their sights set on becoming the Continental Tag Team Champions! Smothers says he learned a lot up in the Pacific territory and he's gotten accustomed to gold being around his waist and it won't be long before he and Steve Armstrong are wearing some gold here in CCW!
=======================
As the Southern Boys leave ringside, the camera cuts to the ring where Les Thatcher is joined by Terry Taylor who is wearing a suit and holding the Continental Television Championship belt. Les calls for the footage to be shown of Billy Joe Travis breaking the guitar over the head over Terry Taylor at the close of their match last Monday night in Montgomery. Taylor announces that he's been through a series of tests this week at the insistence of the management of Continental and the Doctor's have determined that due to the severity of the concussion he suffered from the guitar shot from Billy Joe Travis, he will not be cleared to wrestle for at least three weeks. Les Thatcher says that it's his unfortunate duty since the Television title must be defended weekly, that he must strip Terry Taylor of the championship.  Taylor hands the belt over to Thatcher as the crowd 'boos'.  As Thatcher takes the title belt from Taylor, Downtown Bruno, the Mighty Goliath, and Billy Joe Travis enter the ring as Goliath snatches the belt from Thatcher and hands it over to Travis! Bruno takes the microphone and says that since Travis is the reason Taylor is no longer champion then he is rightfully the new champion, as Travis quickly exits with the championship belt as Thatcher argues with Bruno while we go to another commercial break
=========================
COMMERCIAL BREAK
=========================
RPG: "Well Charlie Platt, for weeks people have wondered who would be the one to dethrone Terry Taylor as Television Champion and it turned out to be Billy Joe Travis, congrats to the new champ!"

Platt: "First of all, Travis is NOT the new champion…"

RPG: "Possession is nine tenths of the law, Charlie Platt. Billy Joe Travis possesses the belt, does he not?"

Platt: "For the moment but I'm sure that will be rectified soon enough. Terry Taylor has been a tremendous fighting champion and it's just an absolute shame for his title reign to end this way. It's a disgrace."

RPG: "Well, you don't have to call Taylor a disgrace…"

Platt: "I wasn't referring to Terry Taylor as a disgrace, I'm referring to what Travis did….anyway due to how heated things have become between Adrian Street and Al Madril, it was decided that neither one should be allowed to be here tonight but they will be there in Jackson, Mississippi this Monday night as newcomer Corporal Kirchner has agreed to be Street's partner against Madril and his newfound friend, Killer Khan."

RPG: "I don't know much about Colonel Klink or whatever his name is, but clearly he's lacking in intelligence to volunteer to team with Street especially against two men as dangerous as Al Madril and Killer Khan."

Platt: "I think it's a statement about how much guts the man has, speaking of having guts…let's hear from the 'American Dream' Dusty Rhodes about his upcoming chain match at Christmas Clash."

RPG: "He certainly has A gut…I don't know about guts in general…."

Platt: "Give a rest, Gossett…"
--------------------------------------
(VTR- Dusty Rhodes is standing outside of a hospital wearing a Magnum T.A. t-shirt)

Dusty: "I'm here at the hospital visiting with my best friend Magnum T.A. and I want you to know that he needs your thoughts, he needs your prayers and all the good vibes you can send his way, baby.  I've been quiet about all dis N dubya A nonsense, I've been disappointed with the way it's all gone down but what's done is done and we're moving on.  Now den…..tha WAH-Games was violent, tha WAH-games was bloody, and tha WAH-games settled a few things but not eveh-thang you unnastan…..big bad Broosur Brody if ya weel….you say you want tha Dream in a chain match at Christmas Clash…..I know you're big…..I know you're bad……I know you're UGLY and I know that chain match is your specialty but if I'm supposed to be scared you got anotha thing comin' baby! Tha Dream don't run…..tha Dream don't hide…and tha Dream don't back down!! Bring ya chain, Brody! Bring Chicky Baby with ya! Bring everything ya got, cause I'm bringin' my best…..and when it's all said and done….NO EXCUSES! Let's end this ONCE AND FOR ALL!!  EVERYTHING ON THE TABLE, BABAY! CHAIN MATCH…..SOUTHEASTERN TITLE…..LOSER LEAVES CONTINENTAL! If I can't beat ya, I'll go back to Texas and leave Continental for good! If I beat you, you take yo big old ugly self back to New Mexico or wherever it is you came from and take Chicky Baby witcha!!"
(END VTR)
----------------------------------------
MATCH #4:
"Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol/"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley defeated The Galaxians (Zoltar/Quazar) when Cooley hit Zoltar with a running bulldog then tagged in Idol who made him submit to the "Las Vegas Leglock"

Post match: Idol tells Joe Pedicino that he hopes there are people still watching the show after it started out with Landel crying about losing right outta the gate. Idol says that Ric Flair wannabe calling him a Buddy Landel wannabe was laughable. He says the only thing he "wants to be" is the Continental champion and he says once him and Wendell Cooley win this "Winner's Choice" match on Monday he'll be getting his title shot on Christmas night! Cooley interjects that if Bad News wants a so called Harlem Streetfight at Christmas Clash, he can have one no matter who wins on Monday night!
================
COMMERCIAL BREAK
================
MATCH #5:
MAIN EVENT
The New Breed (Chris Champion/Sean Royal) defeated Starr Power (Lance/Mark Starr) w/Sherri Martel by DQ when Adrian Adonis and Eric Embry hit the ring and attacked Champion and Royal....until The Bullet and Scott Armstrong ran in to even the odds.....the show went off the air with all eight men fighting it out in the ring!

(C) 1986 Continental Championship Wrestling

Tag Team Turmoil returns with a couple of tall tasks for Slick's Stable.

Gotta admit Embry looks pretty good with Sherri's crew. Though I wonder what Prichard thinks about it.

The Southern Boys are back together. Hope it goes better than last time. Am I the only one picturing Armstrong giving Smothers the side eye when he was talking about how much he learned in Pacific?

Taylor has to give up the TV Title due to Travis... who proceeds to steal the belt! 

RPG was particularly funny this week. Just throughout the whole show.

Dusty raises the stakes by making the Southeastern championship chain match Loser Leaves Town!

CCW is closing 1986 with a bang!

Loved the opening with Landel, Bad News, and Slick talking circles around the loss, denouncing Idol, getting over the Tag Wars show, and being hilarious all in the same segment.

JYD and Olympia is a strong team, and a great spot for JYD to be in at this point in his career.

I really like Sherri's new stable. Seems a much better fit with this cast of characters. Also interested to see what Mr. Prichard thinks when he returns.

I have a feeling The Southern Boys are going to be a big deal here. Looking forward to their run.

So much for Terry Taylor's TV Title run. BJT with the stolen belt should be fun though. RPG's "You don't have to call Taylor a disgrace" comment was my line of the night.

Awesome Dusty Promo! You've really nailed him, not just the vocal ticks, but the whole cadence of a Dusty interview. Well done.

Idol's only thing I wanna be is champion line was good shit. The Idol/Buddy feud should be awesome stuff.

I like the New Breed/Starr Power feud. Two young teams that can feud forever is always a good time!

Oh, and Bad News said Beer Bellied Share Croppers.... Show of the Year. Feedback Finished. Thanks for coming.

Great opening segment.  Landel, Slick and Bad News were awesome with Platt and RPG plus it got us all excited for tag team turmoil and Christmas Clash.

I am really looking forward to all the events but I can't wait to see what you do with Idol.  Mr. Gulf Coast is going to be huge here.  I might be heard to keep a title off him for long.

Dusty vs Brody is $$$$!  

Taylor and Travis is another fun and interesting angle that you have done really well with.  Nice job.

JYD and Olympia for the titles.  Can't wait to see the outcome.  

Always a great opening when Landel takes over. His shots at Idol were hilarious. Speaking of shots. RPG gets in his 2 cents by running down all the world champions. Tell Thatcher to give Jarrett a call and maybe they can do some business among champions. 

JYD and Olympia are focused and ready. Wouldn't surprise me if they get a title run. 

Tag Team Turmoil sounds like a wild night of action. 

Sherri has put together quite a stable. Things will be interesting when Prichard returns. 

Sawyers and Richs in a strap match. Yea, I would pay to see that one. 

Southern Boys have arrived! No doubt they will make a huge impact in Continental. 

It's a shame Taylor's epic TV title reign had to end like that. I did laugh when Travis snuck out with the title. RPG's follow up cracked me up. 

I cant wait to see Street and Kirchner work together. Their entrance alone would be worth the price of admission. 

Another classic Dream promo. Dusty puts it all out there and I'm sure Brody will have no problem accepting. 

Idol's turn to get a crack at Landel LOL. I knew this would be a great battle of talkers. I can't overlook the potential of a hard hitting Cooley/Bad News feud. 

New Breed get the DQ win and then we get another chaotic ending. I would expect nothing less. 

Continental is sure ending 1986 on a high note. Looking forward to that momentum carrying over into 87. 

Presents

TAG TEAM TURMOIL '86

Mississippi Fairgrounds Coliseum

Jackson, Mississippi

Monday December 13, 1986

Bell Time- 7:30pm

The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong/Tracy Smothers) defeated The Desperados (Bill Irwin/Killer Brooks) w/Scott Irwin when Scott Irwin tried to interfere and hit Armstrong with a chair but he hit Brooks by mistake allowing Armstrong to get the pin!  After the match Bill Irwin shocked the crowd when he joined Brooks in attacking his brother Scott and leaving him laying in the ring to be carried out on stretcher

The Grappler/Mighty Goliath/Billy Joe Travis/The Cobra

vs.

The Nightmares/Doug Furnas/Scorpio w/Downtown Bruno

Order of elimination:

1. Scorpio pinned The Cobra……before leaving the ring Cobra gave Scorpio a low blow allowing Goliath to come in capitalize leading to……
  2.  Mighty Goliath pinned Scorpio following a "big splash"
  3. Danny Davis pinned the Grappler with a sunset flip off the top rope
  4. Billy Joe Travis pinned Ken Wayne with his feet on the ropes
  5. Mighty Goliath pinned Danny Davis following a "big splash"
  6. Doug Furnas pinned Billy Joe Travis following a powerslam
  7. Mighty Goliath pinned Doug Furnas after Travis clipped his knee immediately after getting pinned which allowed Goliath to get the splash on Furnas and get the pin

TAG TEAM STRAP MATCH

Johnny/Davey Rich defeated Brett/Buzz Sawyer when Johnny tied up Brett's legs with the strap and then rolled him up for the pin. Buzz was livid after the match and vowed revenge on "those wretched Richs"

GRUDGE TAG TEAM MATCH

Corporal Kirchner/"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda defeated Killer Khan/"The Great" Al Madril by DQ when Khan spewed the "poison mist" in the eyes of Kirchner

The Bullet/Scott Armstrong/The New Breed

vs.

Adrian Adonis/Eric Embry/Starr Power

w/Sherri Martel

Order of elimination:

1. Chris Champion pinned Mark Starr with a small package
  2. Lance Starr pinned Chris Champion after Sherri tripped Champion
  3. Adrian Adonis pinned Sean Royal with a roll up and a handful of tights
  4. The Bullet pinned Lance Starr with a backslide
  5. Scott Armstrong pinned Eric Embry following a 'superkick'
  6. Adrian Adonis eliminated Scott Armstrong with a 'sleeper'
  7. The Bullet and Adrian Adonis fought to a double count out causing the match to be a declared a "NO CONTEST" with everyone eliminated

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Continental Tag Team Title-Rematch

Junkyard Dog/Mr. Olympia defeated Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden w/Slick by count out when Fuller/Golden simply walked out once they got in trouble in order to save their titles. Les Thatcher came out and announced that since the Stable don’t seem to want to fight like men based on the interference in their first title match and now this "stunt", At Christmas Clash, Fuller and Golden will have to defend the tag team titles against Mr. Olympia and JYD inside a 'Steel Cage'!

MAIN EVENT

WINNER'S CHOICE
TAG TEAM CHALLENGE MATCH

"Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol/"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley defeated "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel/Bad News Allen w/ Slick when Idol once again made Landel submit to the 'Las Vegas Leglock' while Bad News was brawling with Cooley in the aisle. Landel was pissed afterwards and was giving Slick grief until Bad News showed back up and Landel quickly calmed back down.

A shocker to start the night as Bill turns on his own brother. The Desperados aren't playing around.

Mighty Goliath is the MVP for the Downtown Express.

The strap backfires on The Sawyers. But a pissed off Buzz guarantees trouble.

Kirchner feels the sting of the mist.

The second elimination tag has a lot going for it. Starr Power & The New Breed trading eliminations, Scott getting some payback on Embry & the final two going to a double c.o leaving room for more.

Slick's Stable walks out of their match...and right into a Cage!

Landel taps again! I wonder what stipulation he'll pick for the title match. Also i love how Budro starts bitching at Slick only to clam up quick when Bad News comes around.

Tag Team Turmoil had Jackson rocking!