Pro Wrestling Only

Continental Championship Wrestling

GeneJackson95

Great event in Montgomery.

I think Watts coming down hard on everyone has left us with so many masks men running in and attacking... wonder who the Intern is?

HIghway Men-Hangmen... Great midcard feud!

I thought your tag team match where the winner gets the title match later was really smart.  It gives you an out to keep everyone strong and has built in run-in possibilities from the team that lost earlier.  

Interesting clean win over BA by the Japanese wrestler.  

Really good main event.  I had a feeling Olympia was going to lose this one.  I am still unsure if Landel can be trusted.  The only thing I am pretty sure of is he will be a babyface vs Fujinami

CCW is such a great read.  Your clear and consise style makes it a pleasure to read

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler is quickly rising the continental ranks. 

Who is that masked Intern??? 

Highwaymen/Hangmen feud is perfect for Continental. Hangmen better also be watching out for Jack and Sugar. 

Dark Journey makes a serious error and costs Regal his title. 

Humperdink out heels the heels. 

Fujinami is now the number one contender. I could defiantly see him holding the gold.

Taylor and Zenk retain their titles thanks to "fan favorites" DWB's. Very interesting. 

The high stakes match delivers! Olympia unmasks and Budro wins the title! Hmmmm, that reaction by Cooley, 

Continental Championship Wrestling Spot Show Loop

Tuesday August 3, 1986: Jasper, Alabama

Wednesday August 4, 1986: Rainsville, Alabama

Thursday August 5, 1986: Ft. Payne, Alabama

Friday August 6, 1986:  Scottsboro, Alabama

Duke Myers pinned Jeff Gaylord after a powerslam

Akio Sato/Tarzan Goto w/Sir Oliver Humperdink defeated Steve Gatorwolf/Larry Hamilton when Goto pinned Gatorwolf after Sato hit him with a superkick into a bridging German Suplex

NWA U.S. Jr. Heavyweight Championship= Return Match

(Dark Journey barred from the building)

Scott Armstrong wrestled "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal to a 20 minute time limit draw

Brad Armstrong pinned The Spoiler with a small package

The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson) defeated The Dirty White Boys (Tony Anthony/Len Denton) by count out when Sato/Goto came to ringside taunting them, and the DWBs chased them up the aisle and out of sight

Tatsumi 'the Dragon' Fujinami w/Sir Oliver Humperdink pinned Matt Borne with a 'Dragon Suplex'

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

TAG TEAM CHALLENGE MATCH

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley/"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel defeated Blackjack Mulligan/Jerry Stubbs w/Ronnie P. Gossett & Duke Myers when Cooley pinned Stubbs after the running bulldog!  After the match Mulligan jumped Cooley from behind, Landel came in to help but Ron Bass hit the ring and started choking Landel with his bullwhip!  Magnum T.A. ran in to help as well but Duke Myers got involved…..The four on three advantage allowed them to get the best of the babyfaces…..which left Magnum laid out in the ring bleeding as went to intermission before the main event!

MAIN EVENT

NWA SOUTHEASTERN CHAMPIONSHIP

"Outlaw" Ron Bass w/Ronnie P. Gossett & Duke Myers defeated Magnum T.A. by  referee stoppage due to excessive blood loss in 14:22

Continental Championship Wrestling 'B' Show Loop

Tuesday August 3, 1986: Amory, Mississippi

Wednesday August 4, 1986: Rienzi, Mississippi

Thursday August 5, 1986: Houston, Mississippi

Friday August 6, 1986:  Ripley, Mississippi

"The California Kid" Allen West pinned The Masked Nightmare with a flying crossbody off the top rope

Mr. Wrestling 3 fought Bota the Witch Doctor to a "No Contest"

Billy Travis pinned Pat Rose with a sunset flip

The Hangmen (Bobby Jaggers/Dirty Rhodes) defeated  Savannah Jack/"Sweet Brown Sugar" Skip Young after clotheslining Jack with the bull rope behind the ref's back and Jaggers then got the pin fall. 

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

"The Crippler" Rip Oliver w/Dark Journey pinned Steve Armstrong after hitting Armstrong with a chain passed to him by Dark Journey

MAIN EVENT

Continental Tag Team Championship

Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk defeated Johnny/Davey Rich when Zenk pinned Davey after a dropkick off the top rope

First Alabama 

Clean sweep for I.H.o.H, I see gold in their future.

Am I the only who considers it a testament to Dark Journey that neither of her men can win without her?

Pretty good loop for the Armstrongs.

Duker & Gaylord must've been a hard-hitting opening

Great job connecting the semi & the main, speaking of what a huge win for Bass!

On to Mississippi 

The Hangmen are good upper card heels on these smaller shows.

Dark Journey cements her status as a good luck charm by helping her newest client Rip Oliver. She's getting quite the group together.

Poor Johnny & Davey, Winning the Tag Titles would've gone a long way to earning that 100k. Oh well.

Nice to see CCW running 2 shows again.

Duker kicks things off with a decisive win. 

Love that finish by Goto and Akio.

Regal takes Scott to the limit without the presence of Dark Journey. 

Spoiler has a tougher time without Journey as Brad catches him. 

Goto and Akio better be ready when the DWB's get a hold of them. 

Fujinami continues his impressive win streak with a top notch victory over Matt Borne.

Heels get the best of the babyfaces tonight. Man, Bass really did a number on Magnum. 

Cool seeing the Mr. Wrestling 3 name being used. 

I would've payed to see that Hangmen/Sugar-Jack match. 

Dark Journey is building up quite the stable. Nice debut win for Crippler. 

Taylor and Zenk get the B loop main event slot and deliver with a crowd pleasing win over the Rich's.

You and WSW are producing 2 solid loops. The AWA is going to have to turn it up. 

Continental Championship Wrestling TV

Saturday August 7, 1986

Hosted by Gordon Solie

Ring Announcer: Freddie Miller

Interviewer: Joe PedicinoFrom the Civic Center in Montgomery, Alabama

(The show opens with highlights from last Monday night as Scott Armstrong pinned Steve Regal to win the U.S. Jr Championship after a miscue from Dark Journey, Tatsumi Fujinami pinning Brad Armstrong clean in the middle of the ring to become #1 Contender to the Continental title, and then highlights from the "High Stakes" Six Man Cage Match are shown ending with Cooley hitting the bulldog on Mr. Olympia only to have Buddy Landel lock on the figure four and get the win for the Continental title, it then cuts to Mr. Olympia unmasking to reveal Jerry Stubbs…..we then see the opening montage set to the instrumental of Eddie Murphy's 'Party all the time' and then to the desk with our host the one and only Gordon Solie)

GordonCCW.jpg

Solie: "Hello everyone and welcome once again to Continental Championship Wrestling sanctioned by the NWA, the oldest and largest governing body of professional wrestling the world over. What a night it was last Monday night as you just saw only a few of the highlights as we opened the show….and we have a great show for you here this evening as well as coming up this Monday night in Birmingham, Alabama.  Tonight, we'll see the re-debut if you will of 'Luscious' Lanny Poffo along with Man and Woman.  You'll also see the new Continental Heavyweight Champion Buddy Landel in action as he prepares to defend that title this Monday night against Tatsumi 'the Dragon' Fujinami.  We'll also be hearing from 'Bullet' Bob Armstrong for the first time in a few weeks to get an update on his injury and speaking of injuries, we'll also hear from the "American Dream" Dusty Rhodes during this program as well.  All that and so much more but right now, let's go to the ring for our opening bout."

========================

MATCH #1:

"Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal w/Dark Journey pinned Ray Purchase after an back elbow drop from the 2nd rope

(Joe Pedicino is joined in the interview area by Regal, Dark Journey, The Spoiler, and their newest associate "Crippler" Rip Oliver)

Joe: "Steve Regal, last week you lost your United States Jr Championship to Scott Armstrong when your own manager hit you with her purse."

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkSSY1-ymHArvVJ8zhxax

DJ: "Hold up just a minute, Pedicino. First of all, I just want to point out the fact, I've been here for WEEKS…and Steve Regal was the champion for WEEKS but not one time did we get any interview time on this television show….NOT ONCE.  However, something goes wrong and I accidently hit Steve with my purse and you can't wait to come out here and rub it in our faces.  Meanwhile, the Spoiler has been undefeated….but NO, let's not talk about that."

Joe: "My apologies, Ms. Journey….it was not intentional."

Mr_Electricity_Steve_Regal.jpg

Regal: "Well let me tell you what will be intentional! I'm going to intentionally injure Scott Armstrong this week on the way to regaining my championship! I got a rematch last week in some of those hick towns but the time limit was too short…..this time I'll have thirty whole minutes to take Armstrong apart and regain my title!"

DJ: "That's exactly right! Also, this man right here…..'the Crippler' Rip Oliver is going to get a chance to make waves right out of the gate when he beats that 'daddy's boy' Brad Armstrong on Monday night!"

RipOliverRobe.jpg

Oliver: "That's right! Making waves is what I do, along with crippling people! Brad Armstrong, you're a good wrestler but when I get done with you boy, you're going to be worse off than your daddy was when the Richs got done with him!"

Regal: "You mean the Interns…."

DJ: "Yeah, exactly….he meant the Interns….that's all we have to say for now, Joey…..but next time don't wait so long to see what we have to say!"

=======================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

=======================

Solie: "Last week it was announced that Magnum T.A. would finally get his NWA World title rematch at Beach Brawl coming up on Monday August 30th and that the stipulations would be announced in the coming weeks, well the good news is we won't have to wait weeks as we have gotten word from NWA President 'Cowboy' Bill Watts and he had this to say about this huge upcoming rematch!"

(VTR- 'Cowboy' Bill Watts is standing in front of the Mid South Wrestling banner)

watts.jpg

Watts: "Hello Continental fans, it's my pleasure to be coming to you again with some exciting news concerning the big long awaited rematch from the Great American Bash! As you all know, 'the Russian Nightmare' Nikita Koloff defeated Magnum T.A. to win the NWA World title under some questionable circumstances.  Some things have gone on between these two men since that time that has caused even more bad blood between them if you can even believe that's possible.  Therefore, it is my feeling and the feeling of everyone on the NWA Championship Committee that a normal championship match will not resolve this issue.  When considering stipulations for this very highly anticipated rematch we took both sides into consideration.  I reached out to both competitors and asked them what their preference would be, of course Nikita Koloff requested the match be….a Russian Chain Match. I spoke to Magnum and asked his preference and he said he would prefer what he now considers to be his specialty match….an 'I Quit' match.  I took these requests into consideration and upon talking with the Championship committee as well as Continental's Les Thatcher and here's what we came up with.  At Beach Brawl, the NWA World Championship rematch will be the champion Nikita Koloff versus Magnum T.A. in a first time ever in wrestling, Russian Chain/I Quit Match!  The way this match will work, the two men will be attached at the wrist with the Russian Chain but rather than having to drag your opponent around to all four corners, you must make him say, "I Quit"!  This will be a very dangerous match but I truly feel like we will be able to put an end to this feud once and for all and decide definitively who is the tougher man between the two.  Also, during this championship match….Ivan Koloff will be barred from the building, if 'Uncle Ivan' shows his face in the building during this match, the match will be stopped and awarded to Magnum T.A.  Thank you for your time and I look forward to seeing the Continental fans at Beach Brawl '86 in Biloxi!"

(END VTR)

Solie: "WOW! What a blockbuster announcement from Bill Watts…The first ever 'Russian Chain/I Quit' match!  We'll hear from Magnum T.A. next week to get his thoughts on this stipulation for his big championship rematch!  Let's go back to the ring!"

============================

MATCH #2:

Brad Armstrong pinned Curley Jefferson with the 'Russian Leg Sweep'

(After match-Brad joins Gordon Solie at the desk)

Solie: "Brad, you had one of the greatest matches I ever witnessed last week against Tatsumi Fujinami but you came up a bit short, this week you'll be facing a newcomer to Continental but certainly not a newcomer to the ring. Rip Oliver."

brad.jpg

Brad: "Gordon, first of all let me just say, I'm not the least be ashamed to have lost to Mr. Fujinami, that man is one of the best in the game today, and I honestly don't understand why he associates himself with people like Humperdink, Sato, and Goto because he certainly doesn't need to.  Now as for Rip Oliver, I know what he's all about and we've seen what Dark Journey is all about, and believe me I'll be more than ready come Monday for whatever they may have up their sleeve.  Speaking of having things up their sleeve….I've got something up mine…..I know you thought it was going to be via videotape but I just happen to have someone back there that would like to come say a few words if these good people don't mind too much!"

('Bad to the Bone' by George Thorogood plays as Bob Armstrong makes his way out to the podium---the crowd goes nuts!)

Solie: "Well what a welcome surprise this is….welcome back 'Bullet' Bob!"

brad-bob-armstrong.jpg

Bob: "Thank you very much Mr. Solie and thank you to all these great fans out here! Now what you might know that everyone else doesn’t is that I've signed a match for this Monday night in Birmingham……I'll be facing that no good egg suckin' dog Johnny Rich…one on one while my son Steve will be handcuffed to Davey Rich at ringside!  Now as far as the so-called 'Intern' or shall I just say, Tommy Rich!  You came down last week and cost Steve his match with your cousin Johnny, well come on down there Monday night if you want to and I'll snatch that sock off your head and show everybody just who you are and we'll be rid of you once and for all!!"

Solie: "Well there you have it from the Armstrongs…..guys please excuse me but we seem to have something happening at ringside, let's go down to Joe Pedicino."

==============================

(Joe Pedicino is down at ringside when he is approached by MAN and WOMAN)

Woman: "It's time….it's happening…..get ready!  The time is now….nothing can prepare you for what your about to experience Joe Pedicino, HE is about to redefine how everyone experiences pleasure……and PAIN!"

The lights in the arena drop to near darkness and stay that way long enough to make the crowd start buzzing. Then a single spotlight shines into the aisle way for several moments, then that spotlight turns a shade of deep pink. "Welcome to The Pleasuredome" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood begins to pump in as lights begin to strobe near the aisle way. Then someone steps out wearing a large feathered robe done up in yellow, orange, and pink. Their face is obscured by an elaborate Mardi Gras style mask as they slink down to ringside. The music continues to play, and the pink light follows them as they slowly walk toward the ring. Once they reach the area where Joe Pedicino, Woman, and Man are standing, the lights go dark and the music stops. When they come back on, another stands next to Joe Pedicino.....

Ring Announcer Freddie Miller proclaims:

"Making his way into the ring accompanied by Woman and Man……weighing in at a weight that is none of your concern……from 'Beyond the Pleasuredome"…….prepare yourself to experience……."Luscious" Lanny Poffo!"

-------------------------------------------

MATCH #3:

"Luscious" Lanny Poffo w/Woman & Man vs. Parker Williams

Poffo was in rare form here…..starting off prancing around the ring but then charging in hitting Williams with vicious strikes beating him down in the corner then caressing his face almost lovingly before nailing him with stiff vicious kicks. Poffo locks him in a head scissors, then turns him face down ramming his head into the mat repeatedly.  Poffo releases the head scissors then prances around the ring some more allowing Williams to try to recover….as Williams attempts to get up off the mat, Poffo locks him into a 'Crossface Chickenwing', he leaves him in it a for a few moments while obviously applying very little pressure before saying something into Williams' ear and then clamping the hold on with excessive force, bringing on the submission, Solie informs us that Woman has told him this hold is known as the "Painacle" as it's the "Pinnacle of Pain".

Moments later Poffo/Woman/Man join Solie at the podium

Solie: "Quite the impressive win Mr. Poffo."

87smv5M.jpg

Poffo: "No no….call me Luscious."

Solie: "Um…..ok, Luscious. What are your intentions now that you have returned and Jimmy Gar.." (Poffo and Woman both place their index fingers over Solie's mouth)"

8iB3wKf.jpg

Woman: "Now, now Gordy…..I told you about mentioning that name…..WE DON'T!"

Poffo: "That's right Gordy, we don't speak that name, he and that witch of his are in the past and are no longer relevant….  I'm here to redefine pleasure and pain….I'm here to show you that what's beautiful (points to himself and Woman) can also be quite deadly. You can't judge a book by it's cover Gordy."

Solie: "Fair enough, I just have one question……what did you say to Mr. Williams before you really clamped down on that hold, Mr. Pof…um, Luscious."

Poffo: "Gordy, that's private…..if you really want to know what I say before I lock in the PAINacle, you'll need to step in the ring with me and experience for yourself."

Solie: "No, no….I suppose that will have to remain a mystery in that case."

Poffo: (gets uncomfortably close) "Well…that's a real shame, Gordy…..the line between pain and pleasure are much closer to one another than most realize….Until next time."

(As Poffo prances away, Woman as always runs her hand down Gordon's cheek which as always causes him to blush as she walks away, Man puts his hand on Gordon's shoulder then winks at him)

chxQFIs.jpg

Solie: (stammering) "Uh, Let's go to a commercial break…"

=====================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

As we return, Gordon runs down this week's card for Birmingham

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, Alabama

Monday August 9, 1986

Bell Time: 7pm

MAIN EVENT

NWA Continental Heavyweight Championship

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel

vs.

Tatsumi 'the Dragon' Fujinami w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

TAG TEAM FIRST BLOOD MATCH

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley/Magnum T.A.

vs.

Blackjack Mulligan/"Outlaw" Ron Bass w/Ronnie P. Gossett & Duke Myers

NWA Continental Tag Team Championship

FOUR CORNERS MATCH

Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk

vs.

The Dirty White Boys (Tony Anthony/Len Denton)

vs.

Akio Sato/Tarzan Goto w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

vs.

The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson)

GRUDGE MATCH

(Davey Rich handcuffed to Steve Armstrong)

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong

vs.

Johnny Rich

Brad Armstrong

vs.

"Crippler" Rip Oliver w/Dark Journey

TAG TEAM CHALLENGE MATCH

Savannah Jack/"Sweet Brown Sugar" Skip Young

vs.

The Hangmen (Bobby Jaggers/Dirty Rhodes)

NWA United States Jr. Heavyweight Championship

30 Minute Time Limit

Scott Armstrong

vs.

"Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal w/Dark Journey

Billy Travis

vs.

The Spoiler w/Dark Journey

"Luscious" Lanny Poffo w/MAN & WOMAN

vs.

Larry Hamilton

(Card Subject to Change)

=====================

MATCH #4:

Continental Tag Team Champions Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk defeated Bill Gillespie/"Big" Tom Dugan when Taylor pinned Dugan after a "five arm"

Post match: Taylor and Zenk discuss their four corners title defense this Monday night and they say they are more than ready for the other three teams and will walk out with the titles!

=====================

(Jerry Stubbs without any of his stable mates comes out to join Gordon Solie)

Solie: "Mr. Stubbs, I wasn't aware you were coming out here, it was my understanding that none of Mr. Gossett's crew was going to be here tonight."

Stubbs: "No one else is…..they are getting ready to take out Wendell Cooley and Magnum T.A. on Monday night, while I should be getting my rematch with Buddy Landel for MY Continental title, I find out some Japanese guy is getting my shot!"

Solie: "Tatsumi Fujinami earned that title shot when he defeated Brad Armstrong last week and I'm sure you will be first in line to get your rematch in the near future.  However, since you’re here….I would like to hear what you have to say about losing your title, your mask and your identity as Mr. Olympia."

Stubbs: "Sure, I'll be glad to tell you what I have to say about it! It was a blessing in disguise! Sure, my title was stolen from me….but I'll get that back in due time. The great thing is, now I don't have to wear that stupid hot mask anymore and now all the women can see my handsome face which means ticket sales are gonna go through the roof…and as far as my 'identity' as 'Mr. Olympia'? Now I can be who I truly am and always was…."Mr. Continental" Jerry Stubbs!  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm taking the week off until I return to take back MY title!"

=====================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

=====================

Solie: "Before we get ready to go to our main event as Continental Champion Buddy Landel will be facing Akio Sato with Sir Oliver Humperdink, let's go to Austin, Texas and hear from the one and only 'American Dream' Dusty Rhodes."

(VTR: Dusty Rhodes is sitting in a studio)

DustyRedMan.jpg

Dusty: "You know in this sport of professional rasslin…..there aren't a lot of people that I trust. There's even less people that I consider a friend. Blackjack Mulligan, you were one of those chosen few that I trusted…….you were one of those chosen few that I called a friend….Blackjack Mulligan, I offered up my innocence and you paid me back in scorn….and not only did you turn your back on me but you turned your back on my good friend Magnum T.A.!  What the hell did Magnum T.A. do to you, huh?  You came out here last week on this show with your new buddy Ronnie Gossett and Ron Bass and said the reason you turned on me is because I cost you the Mid South tag team titles.  You came out here last week on this show and you said you turned your back on me because I somehow cost you a shot at the World title.  Well, first of all Mr. Mulligan, if I did cost you that shot, I did you a favor cause that Russian would whoop your old fat butt like you owed him money….that's first of all, baybee!  Second of all….it seems to me, if you was any kind of man at all….if you had a problem with me, you would have been a man and just told me you had a problem rather than show up to be my partner and pull that stunt that you did!  Well, here's where we are with this thing now, baybee……I've talked to Mr. Les Thatcher, if ya weel…..I've talked to tha big Cowboy himself, Mr. Bill Watts….and you and I, Blackjack are gonna step in that ring at Beach Brawl in a Bunkhouse Match! Then we'll see….whose bad? Then we'll see how much of a problem you've got with Dusty Rhodes…..because I can promise you that NOW….Dusty Rhodes has a big A** problem with you!"

(END VTR)

(When we return Buddy Landel has joined Gordon Solie at the desk)

Solie: "Some very strong words from Dusty Rhodes and as you can see I'm joined now by the new Continental Champion, Buddy Landel."

Landel: "Wow, those were some strong words from Dusty Rhodes…..but you know who else had some strong words out here earlier…..Jerry Stubbs.  Ol' Chrome Dome was here saying that the ratings would go up now that he's not wearing a mask…..are you kidding me? The glare coming off that head alone is going to be causing thousands of people at home to have to adjust the brightness level on their televisions Mr. Solie.  Can you imagine?  Mr. Continental? Jerry Stubbs has the nerve to call himself, Mr. Continental? If anybody is Mr. Continental, it's Buddy Landel.  But, we'll deal with Stubbs in the future because this week, they've already got me defending my title against one of these Japanese guys managed by Sir Bolivar Plumperdink or whatever that ugly troll's name is…..honestly, Mr. Solie…have you ever seen anyone uglier than Plumperdink…..I mean besides Ronnie 'Porky' Gossett, that is. You know, my mother told me the other day, 'Buddy, you sure are mean to that Ronnie Gossett but he seems to take it right on the chin'  I said, yeah of course he does, cause he's got four more chins to back it up. (Solie laughs) But, Mr. Solie….I'm not here to talk about what a fat lousy slob of a waste of skin that Ronnie Gossett is though I think everyone here agrees. (Fans cheer)  The reason I'm out here is I would like to call Wendell Cooley out here to clear the air about what happened in the match last week."

(Wendell Cooley makes his way out looking a bit apprehensive)

Cooley: "Buddy, I saw you in dressing room earlier today, if you needed to talk to me why didn't you do it back there….why are we doing this out here?"

Landel: "Total transparency, baby. I want everyone to know where we stand.  Now, I've been told that you may be a bit upset because you gave Stubbs the bulldog, and some people think I took advantage of the situation where I shouldn't have…..but I promise you, I just turned around and saw him there and my instincts kicked in….I didn't realize that you had bulldogged him….I would never ever try to take advantage of a situation like that….on purpose" (Cooley makes a face)

(Jerry Stubbs comes running out there)

Stubbs: "Cooley, you aren't buying this crap are you? Of course he would take advantage of the situation…..this guy is the same lowlife he's always been….he just had to suck up to you and all the fans to try to weasel his way back into Continental….nothing has changed."

Landel: "Listen here Stubbs, you mind your business….regardless of whether I put you in the figure four or Cooley pinned you….you were losing the title and taking off that mask so butt out!"

Stubbs: "So there….you admit it! It all hinged on Cooley's bulldog…..you said it, either way I was beat after the bulldog….that's what did it…..YOU just took advantage of the situation!"

(Cooley sorta nods in agreement)

Cooley: "He seems to have a point there, Buddy. Had I not given him the bulldog, would you be champion right now?"

Landel: "Of course I would baby, that's all coincidental.  What have I got to do smooth this over?"

Stubbs: "Give him a shot at the title." (Cooley nods in agreement)

Landel: "Shut up Stubbs, Wendell doesn't want to wrestle me, we're great friends now. Plus, I have to defend against Bruce Lee or whoever, and then when I beat him, you're next in line…..you said it yourself."

Stubbs: "I'll tell you what…..I feel so strongly about Cooley deserving a shot….I'll step aside and let him have his title shot first if you can even beat Fujinami that is." (Cooley looks at Stubbs like he's crazy)

Cooley: "Wait…what? What are you up to Stubbs?"

Landel: "He's just trying to cause a rift between you and I because he doesn't want me to have any allies….because he's a jerk."

Stubbs: "Fine Cooley, if you're scared to face Landel, and you don't want your shot then I'll take my shot first."

Cooley: "I ain't scared of anyone…..sure, if Buddy gets past Fujinami I'll be next in line." (Stubbs walks away laughing)

Landel: "What the hell do you mean…IF I get back Fujinami?" (Cooley walks away with Landel following behind him questioning him)

Solie: "Well, it certainly looks like Jerry Stubbs has stirred the pot in the possibly already strained Buddy Landel/Wendell Cooley relationship. Let's head down to the ring to see the new champ in non-title action."

=========================

MATCH #5

MAIN EVENT

NON-TITLE MATCH

NWA Continental Heavyweight Champion "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel pinned Akio Sato w/Sir Oliver Humperdink with his feet on the ropes.  Humperdink was beside himself after the match as Jerry Stubbs ran down to ringside to tell the referee that Landel cheated.

© 1986 Continental Championship Wrestling/National Wrestling Alliance

Dark Journey & co make some good points ahead of a big night in Birmingham. Side note has anyone questioned Oliver about the "Interns"?

Russian Chain I Quit match in Biloxi! Hell Yeah Baby!

The Bullet is back & he's gonna coming for the Rich cousins with Johnny.

Luscious Lanny Poffo returns in all his creepy glory. Gordon's reaction may never get old.

T&Z get a much needed tune up before their four corners title defense.

Birmingham is due a massive show!

The Dream vs Blackjack in a Bunkhouse match. Beach Brawl is gonna be bloody!

Budro being his usual funny self only this time fans feel free to laugh along. Then he brings Cooley out to apologize before "Mr Continental" ruins the moment by...making a compelling argument? And then he talks Buddy into giving Cooley a rematch BEFORE his own? WHAT!? Then Budro cheats in the main & Stubbs is the good samaritan trying to point it out? I can't tell what the fuck is going on but I can't wait to find out.

I have to agree with Dark Journey. Her guys have an off week and now they get TV interview time? LOL, I think Ernie Ladd may have given her a phone call. 

Russian Chain I Quit match!!! WOW! That's one hell of a main event for Beach Brawl. 

Great surprise as Brad brings out Bullet Bob! Bullet has revenge on his mind for the Rich's.

Lucious is back and more flamboyant than ever. That promo was all sorts of creepy. LOL,  poor Gordon. This gimmick is heel gold. 

It amazes me how you put together these stacked cards week after week.

Great job getting the team of Taylor and Zenk over. This team has legs.

Olympia is history and Mr. Continental is back. 

When Dusty gives these serious low key promos you know he means business. Mulligan is in for a fight at Beach Brawl. 

I'm really into this Buddy, Cooley and Stubbs storyline. Stubbs really stirred it up. A lot going on but Buddy better not forget about Fujinami. 

After all that Buddy uses heel tactics to beat Sato. For some reason this cracked me up. 

Continental is on fire! 

Sorry for falling a bit behind here.

First for the house show loops...

The last two matches of that Alabama loop were awesome.  That tag team challenge bout that left T.A. in the center of the ring and bloody set up the Main Event perfectly as it allowed Bass to get the win and allowed T.A. to have a reason for losing.  Great booking.  These are things I often overlook when writing my shows.

Mississippi-

Dark Journey is getting quite a stable and Oliver is the perfect addition

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, Alabama

Monday August 9, 1986

Bell Time: 7pm

"Luscious" Lanny Poffo w/MAN & WOMAN defeated Larry Hamilton by submission with the 'PAINacle'

The Spoiler w/Dark Journey pinned Billy Travis with the claw hold

NWA United States Jr. Heavyweight Championship

30 Minute Time Limit

Scott Armstrong wrestled "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal w/Dark Journey to a 30 Min

TAG TEAM CHALLENGE MATCH

Savannah Jack/"Sweet Brown Sugar" Skip Young defeated The Hangmen (Bobby Jaggers/Dirty Rhodes) when Young pinned Rhodes off a distraction from The Highwaymen who came to ringside and started trash talking the Hangmen.  After the match, The Hangmen and The Highwaymen got into a huge scuffle at ringside that took several minutes to break up, Phil Hickerson got his head rammed into the ring post and one point and he was bleeding heavily as they were escorted back to the dressing room.

Brad Armstrong fought "Crippler" Rip Oliver w/Dark Journey to a double count out

GRUDGE MATCH

(Davey Rich handcuffed to Steve Armstrong)

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong

vs.

Johnny Rich

This match started out pretty one sided as 'Bullet' Bob tore into Johnny at the opening bell and wailed on him for most of the match, Davey tried to interfere but to no avail as he was cuffed to Steve Armstrong at ringside…..at one point, Bob locked Rich into the sleeper hold, Johnny was about to go out, the referee was checking his arm, it dropped once….then a second time when suddenly Johnny dropped to his knees while simultaneously lunging forward causing Armstrong's head to collide with referee Ed Brock knocking the referee down and causing Armstrong to release the sleeper, at ringside, Davey waist locked Steve and took him down to the floor, he placed a rag with something on it over Steve's face which seemed to put him out!……with the referee and Steve Armstrong down….the masked 'Intern' rushed the ring and went after Bob Armstrong, he went to apply a piledriver on Bob but he reversed it and gave him a back drop!  As the Intern was getting back up, Armstrong grabbed the mask with both hands and snatched it off his head to reveal….RIP OLIVER!!  As Bob looked shocked….Brad Armstrong hit the ring and went after Oliver throwing him out of the ring….this allowed Bob to turn his attention back to Johnny Rich!  As Johnny begged off into the corner…..a different masked 'Intern' hit the ring and smashed a Coke bottle over Armstrong's head from behind!! The masked man quickly exited the ring as Johnny Rich shook the referee who crawled over as Johnny covered Bob……for the 1--2--3!!  Johnny Rich has pinned "Bullet" Bob Armstrong!

NWA Continental Tag Team Championship

FOUR CORNERS MATCH

Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk

vs.

The Dirty White Boys (Tony Anthony/Len Denton)

vs.

Akio Sato/Tarzan Goto w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

vs.

The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson)

Before the match could even get started the Hangmen jumped the Highwaymen on their way to the ring and they fought their way out of the building essentially turning this match into a Triple Threat of sorts, rather than a four corners match.  None of the three teams that remained liked each other so it was quite the competitive match….after about 18 minutes of action, Goto didn't notice that Zenk slapped him on the shoulder with the referee recognizing it as a tag, Goto hooked Denton for the German Suplex, Sato hit the savate kick and quickly exited the ring as Goto hit Denton with the bridging German Suplex, however as he landed it, Zenk slingshotted himself over the top rope onto Goto and hooked the leg for a quick 1-2-3!   The champions retain as both the Humperdink and The Dirty White Boys disputed it with referee Mac McMurray afterwards

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

TAG TEAM FIRST BLOOD MATCH

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley/Magnum T.A.

vs.

Blackjack Mulligan/"Outlaw" Ron Bass w/Ronnie P. Gossett & Duke Myers

This match despite being a tag team "first blood" match, it was worked as a standard tag team match through most of it…..until Wendell Cooley was just about to make the "hot tag" to Magnum T.A. who had been on the apron for quite some time when from out of nowhere, Duke Myers yanked him off the apron from the outside causing him to not be there as Cooley dove over to make the tag!  As Magnum fired away with right hands on Myers, he was quickly jumped from behind by Blackjack Mulligan and they began to fight on the floor around ringside….while Bass picked Cooley back up off the mat and gave him a backbreaker……Jerry Stubbs ran down to the ring and grabbed one of Bass' spurs out of the corner and tossed it up to Bass! At the same time, Buddy Landel ran down and grabbed the other spur and tossed it into Cooley!  Bass didn't see Landel toss the other spur to Cooley…..Bass goes over and grabs Cooley by the hair and starts to pull him up off the mat and slowly measure him for a big punch with the spur on his hand when out of nowhere Cooley rakes the other spur across Bass' face!  Bass goes down grabbing his forehead….and when he comes back up he's bleeding profusely!  The referee calls for the bell! Wendell and Magnum are your winners of the first blood match! Jerry Stubbs is beside himself as is Gossett, Bass, and Mulligan!

MAIN EVENT

NWA Continental Heavyweight Championship

vs.

Tatsumi 'the Dragon' Fujinami w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

A solid main event even though the heel challenger seemed to be out wrestling the newly babyface champion…..after over 20 minutes of action it looked like Fujinami had the match won as he had Landel locked in an abdominal stretch…..however Landel after a long struggle did manage to make to the ropes with out submitting…..when he reached the ropes he leaned over and spat right in the face of Humperdink at ringside, this caused Humperdink to jump up on the ring apron, as the ref ran over to get Hump off the ring, Landel immediately turned behind the ref's back and kicked Fujinami square in the nuts!  Humperdink got down and Landel quickly covered Fujinami while grabbing a handful of tights…..and got the 1-2-3 to retain the championship!

Landel grabbed the title belt and sprinted away to a mixed reaction from the crowd.  Back in the ring, Humperdink berated Fujinami for losing…..Fujinami began to berate him back in Japanese before finally shoving him to the ground……as this was happening, Sato and Goto hit the ring and attacked Fujinami….they put a pretty good beating on him until the Dirty White Boys hit the ring and started brawling with Sato/Goto! Amidst all the chaos, Humperdink grabbed the microphone and promised that Fujinami would regret putting his hands on him!

Luscious with a big win over a former U.S Jr Heavyweight Champion in the opener.

A win, a draw & a double c.o. That's the definition of a mixed night for Dark Journey's trio.

A distraction leads to a couple of brawls advancing the Highwaymen/Hangmen feud nicely.

My jaw literally dropped when the mask came off to reveal Oliver. Just how involved are Dark Journey's men in all this? And then the second "Intern" shows up.. But let's not overlook the biggest win in Johnny's career.

Zenk gets crafty to hold onto the tag titles.

Magnum & Cooley win the First Blood tag match thanks to Buddy! That should put Wildcat's mind at ease.

Aaaaannd Budro cheats in the main event. Is it instinct? Force of habit? Either that gets eclipsed by the batshit insane aftermath. Fujinami is out of the I.H.o.H & gets beat on before being saved by...The Dirty White Boys!

Birmingham must've been going crazy.

Awesome TV show this week.

Dark Journey's stable gets better and better.  I like the little slip by Oliver calling the Intern, Tommy Rich.

What an announcement by Watts... A Russian Chain/I Quit Match.  Awesome use of the history of real life + Dawn of War.  Nikita gets his historica way and T.A. gets his bout from the Tully Blanchard match.

Bob going after any Rich right now is hot.  Hope he gets Johnny in the Boutwell but have a feeling something might get in his way.  

GREAT JOB WITH POFFO... you gave him that Adrian Street feel but added even more.  From the whispers in the ear of his opponents to the Painacle to never mentioning Jimmy Gar again.  Really well done.

Big words from Dusty... this feud is going to be awesome.

I think we might need another campaign to get rid of Buddy.... He Can't be trusted!  

I'm sure Luscious got that crowd warmed up quick. I can imagine the reaction.

Spoiler keeps racking up the wins.

In the midst of all the great brawls, it's cool seeing Regal and Scott put on a wrestling clinic for 30 minutes.

Thanks to a little help from the Highwaymen, Sugar and Jack get one over on the Hangmen. 

It didn't take Oliver long to get in the mix of things as him and Brad battle to a double c.o.

WOW! That Bullet/Johnny match was full of all sorts of great chaos! The Intern turns out to be RIP OLIVER!?!? NO! Wait a minute, another Intern hits the ring and blasts Bullet with a coke bottle! Johnny gets the upset! This is awesome stuff! 

What a creative finish as Zenk and Taylor once again retain. 

It looked like Bass and Mulligan were going to prevail but Budro saves the day and helps Cooley get the win. I guess Budro proved himself to Cooley tonight.

Fujinami outwrestles Budro and was on the verge of winning the title until the "babyface" Budro pulls out the heel tactics to retain. Humperdink might want to think twice about going after Fujinami. Cant wait to hear Buddy explain his actions LOL. 

Such a fun night of wrestling with so much going on. Never a dull moment in Continental. 

Luscious is the perfect opener to get this crowd going.

Liked how the 4 Corner Match became a triple threat match.  The team of Zenk and Taylor make for a great  babyface team.

WOW... what a win for Johnny Rich.  I bet there might be another Intern running around somewhere.

What an ending to the First Blood Match.  I thought T.A. was going to take another loss as his head had probably not healed from last week.  Landel comes out to help the babyfaces but that ending in the main event makes me wonder.  

Continental Championship Wrestling Spot Show Loop

Tuesday August 10, 1986: Louisville, MS.

Wednesday August 11, 1986: Batesville, MS.

Thursday August 12, 1986: Oxford, MS.

Friday August 13, 1986: Southaven, MS.

"Luscious" Lanny Poffo w/Woman & Man defeated Pvt. Terry Daniels by submission with the "painacle"

The Dirty White Boys (Tony Anthony/Len Denton) fought Akio Sato/Tarzan Goto w/Sir Oliver Humperdink to a double DQ

SIX MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong/Brad Armstrong/Scott Armstrong defeated Johnny Rich/"Crippler" Rip Oliver/The Intern when Bob pinned The Intern and unmasked him revealing Matt Borne! Afterwards "Bullet" Bob cut a promo saying he knows that the 'real' Intern is Tommy Rich and he would do anything he has to including taking a hundred grand out of his personal life's savings to pay Tommy Rich's fine to get him into the ring!

NWA Continental Tag Team Titles

Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk defeated The Spoiler/"Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal w/Dark Journey when Zenk pinned Regal after dropkick off the top rope

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Magnum T.A./"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley/"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel defeated Blackjack Mulligan/"Mr. Continental" Jerry Stubbs/Duke Myers w/Ronnie P. Gossett when Magnum pinned Myers with a belly to belly suplex

Before the main event, ring announcer Freddie Miller explains the rules for the main event. All the wrestlers start out in the ring #1., wrestlers get eliminated from ring #1 into ring #2. The last wrestler left in ring #1 then faces the wrestler left in ring #2 in a one on one match with the winner being proclaimed the "King of the Hill" and awarded $25,000!

MAIN EVENT

Two Ring Triple Chance

KING OF THE HILL BATTLE ROYAL

$25,000 to the Winner

1. "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley
  2. "Mr. Continental" Jerry Stubbs
  3. The Spoiler
  4. Brad Armstrong
  5. Johnny Rich
  6. "Bullet" Bob Armstrong
  7. Blackjack Mulligan
  8. Matt Borne
  9. Akio Sato
  10. Tarzan Goto
  11. "Dirty White Boy" Tony Anthony
  12. "Dirty White Boy" Len Denton
  13. Scott Armstrong
  14. "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel
  15. Magnum T.A.
  16. "Crippler" Rip Oliver
  17. "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal
  18. Terry Taylor
  19. Tom Zenk
  20. "Luscious" Lanny Poffo

Blackjack Mulligan was the last man left in ring #1

Magnum T.A. was the last man left in ring #2

Magnum T.A. pinned Blackjack Mulligan with a belly to belly suplex in 13:18 to win the "King of the Hill" and the $25,000 prize money!

Continental Championship Wrestling 'B'  Show Loop

Tuesday August 10, 1986: Double Springs, AL.

Wednesday August 11, 1986: Hartselle, AL.

Thursday August 12, 1986: Moulton, AL.

Friday August 13, 1986: Piedmont, AL.

Billy Travis pinned Bota the Witch Doctor with a small package

Surfs Up ("Surfer" Ray Odyssey/"California Kid" Allen West) defeated The Assassins (#1/#2) when West pinned Assassin #2 with a "splash" off the top rope

"Dangerous" Davey Rich pinned Mr. Wrestling 3 with his feet on the ropes

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Grudge Tag Team Match

The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson) defeated The Hangmen (Bobby Jaggers/Dirty Rhodes) when Hickerson pinned Rhodes after a 'big boot' from Duncum

MAIN EVENT
NWA Southeastern Championship

"Outlaw" Ron Bass pinned Steve Armstrong after hitting him in the throat with the handle of his bullwhip, "Miss Betsy"

First Mississippi.

Luscious Lanny takes another victim to the painicle.

DWBs & I.H.o.H with a crowd pleasing brawl.

Matt Borne as the other Intern! Is it possible we all owe Tommy Rich a apology?

T&Z retain against Dark Journey's men.

Magnum gathers steam ahead of Beach Brawl by pinning Duker in a big 6 man then becoming "King of the hill"

On to Alabama.

Surf's Up sounds like a perfect gimmick for these smaller shows.

The Highwaymen make The Hangmen unnistan who they're dealing with.

Steve Armstrong couldn't overcome the teamwork of Ron Bass & Miss Betsy.

If Luscious keeps racking up these wins, he'll be in the title hunt in no time. That's something I would love to see.

I think this is only the beginning  as DWBs/Goto-Akio battle to a double DQ.

Another Intern unmasked and it's Matt Borne! Bullet Bob makes a huge statement. Will we see Tommy back soon? 

Zenk/Taylor defending against Spoiler and Regal would of sold me. 

Big 6 man tag as Magnum gets the fall with the belly to belly baby! 

Fans get a great main event with a 2 ring battle royal. Magnum once again hits the belly to belly and puts Mulligan down. Magnum is the king of the hill. 

Surf's Up, gotta love it.

LOL, Davey using the "Dangerous" moniker works so well.

Highwaymen win a big battle against the Hangmen. 

Southeastern title match gets the main event slot. Thanks to Miss Betsy, Bass retains over Steve. 

Great use of your entire roster.  The "A" group headed over to Mississippi this week and put on an awesome event.  I am on Bullet's side that the original Intern was Wildfire Rich but only time will tell.  Love the two ring King of the Hill bout that really pushes Magnum up the ladder and on the road to a title shot.

Alabama fans got their $$$ worth this week.  Surf's Up is a cool name and works well here.  Davey Rich sells tickets as people want him to take a beating becasue of his cousin.  Just as the name Rich sells tickets, so does Armstrong.  Nice try for Steve here but Bass and the experience (Miss Betsy) won out tonight.

Continental+Championship+Wrestling+logo.

Continental Championship Wrestling TV

Saturday August 14, 1986

Hosted by Gordon Solie

Ring Announcer: Freddie Miller

Interviewer: Joe Pedicino

From the Boutwell Auditorium in Birmingham, Alabama

(The show opens with highlights of the ending of last week's Continental title match between Buddy Landel and Tatsumi Fujinami:

after over 20 minutes of action it looked like Fujinami had the match won as he had Landel locked in an abdominal stretch…..however Landel after a long struggle did manage to make to the ropes with out submitting…..when he reached the ropes he leaned over and spat right in the face of Humperdink at ringside, this caused Humperdink to jump up on the ring apron, as the ref ran over to get Hump off the ring, Landel immediately turned behind the ref's back and kicked Fujinami square in the nuts!  Humperdink got down and Landel quickly covered Fujinami while grabbing a handful of tights…..and got the 1-2-3 to retain the championship!

Landel grabbed the title belt and sprinted away to a mixed reaction from the crowd.  Back in the ring, Humperdink berated Fujinami for losing…..Fujinami began to berate him back in Japanese before finally shoving him to the ground……as this was happening, Sato and Goto hit the ring and attacked Fujinami….they put a pretty good beating on him until the Dirty White Boys hit the ring and started brawling with Sato/Goto! Amidst all the chaos, Humperdink grabbed the microphone and promised that Fujinami would regret putting his hands on him!

We go to the opening montage set to the instrumental of Eddie Murphy's 'Party all the time' and we then go to the set with our host world renown wrestling commentator, Gordon Solie)

Solie: "Hello and welcome once again to Continental Championship Wrestling, sanctioned by the National Wrestling Alliance and we have another exciting event for you this evening as we'll be speaking to the Continental Heavyweight champion, Buddy Landel to see if we can get an explanation for his recent actions in the ring, we'll also see Tatsumi 'the Dragon' Fujinami in action, we'll hear from Sir Oliver Humperdink, once again we'll be seeing 'Luscious' Lanny Poffo in action along with Woman and Man, and in our main event this week we'll be seeing a grudge match of sorts as the Dirty White Boys will be taking on Akio Sato and Tarzan Goto! We'll see all that and much more so let's get right to the action as we go to the ring for our opening bout!"

==================

MATCH #1:

"The Winner" Johnny Rich/"Dangerous" Davey Rich defeated Lucian Sanchez/Rick Dagless when Johnny pinned Sanchez after a fist drop from the 2nd rope.

(Post match: The Richs are all smiles as they approach the desk with Gordon Solie)

Solie: "Well….you two seem exceptionally jolly this week…"

Johnny: "Why wouldn't we be, Gordon? Last week I pinned the 'legendary' Bob Armstrong in the center of the ring….one….two…three!"

Solie: "Sooo…we're not going to talk about Rip Oliver's interference and then the interference of a second 'Intern' who broke a coke bottle over the head of Mr. Armstrong."

Johnny: "Minor details Gordon that don't in any way change the fact that I…Johnny Rich was the WINNER….and with that in mind I insist from now on to be announced as 'the Winner' Johnny Rich because that's what I am!"

Solie: "Fair enough, however I do have some footage you need to see, sent in from a man that's none to happy about any of this."

(VTR- An obviously enraged Bob Armstrong appears to be filming this promo in his backyard)

Bob: "I'm officially fed up with the Richs…..every DAMN one of them!  Johnny, Tommy, and even their little cousin Davey….but most of all that coward Tommy Rich! Tommy Rich, I honestly don't think you should have been suspended for piledriving your mother…..in fact I think she deserved a piledriver for raising a sorry sack such as yourself and if I ever see her again, I may just give her another one for good measure!  So Tommy Boy, you think you're real smart recruiting these other guys like Rip Oliver and Matt Borne to dress up like an Intern so that you could sneak in and do your dirty work without getting caught! Well that all ends real soon because Tommy Rich, you've finally broke the camel's back with the Armstrongs….so I've done the unthinkable and you best believe Mrs. Armstrong is none too happy about It but I have gone into our family savings account and taken out one hundred thousand dollars and sent a cashier's check to Bill Watts and soon…very soon you're suspension will be lifted and I'm going to get my hands on you, boy! Don't worry, you won't be here long because Les Thatcher has already agreed to sign a match the minute your suspension has been lifted for Beach Brawl in Biloxi, Mississippi with me and my boy Brad Armstrong taking on you and your cousin Johnny Rich….in a match where the loser of the fall leaves the NWA for good! Oh and in the meantime, Brad and I will be in this battle royal this Monday night looking to get a shot at the Continental tag team titles…and you best believe our first order of business will be to get our hands on Johnny and Davey and toss their butts right outta that ring and make sure nobody named Rich gets anywhere near those tag team titles again….Tommy, get ready because the time for talking is over…the suspension is about to be lifted and I'm gonna take a hundred grand out of your behind at the Beach Brawl and send you packing!"

(END VTR)

Solie: "How about that guys?"

Davey: "Are you kidding? That idiot paid Tommy's fine and he acts like that's a threat? He thinks Tommy is scared of him or any of his punk kids?? That's great!"

Johnny: "Dang right it's great….and as for that battle royal….if those Armstrongs know what's good for them, they'll stay away from us….because when it's all said and done…once again…we'll be the WINNERS!"

(The Richs leave all smiles)

Solie: "About that battle royal that was mentioned, this Monday night in Huntsville there's going to be a twelve team battle royal with the winners getting a shot next week at the Continental Tag Team titles, meanwhile this Monday night…..'Dr. Death' Steve Williams and Ted Dibiase will be coming to town to put the NWA World Tag Team titles on the line against the CCW tag champs, Terry Taylor and Tom Zenk. We'll be back after this commercial break with the man who will be challenging for the Continental Championship this Monday night, 'Wildcat' Wendell Cooley."

======================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

======================

MATCH #2:

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned Bota the Witch Doctor with a running bulldog

(After the match- Cooley joins Solie at the desk)

Solie: "Wendell, congrats on another great victory but I called you up here to show you some footage I thought you needed to see, Joe Pedicino was getting ready to interview Jerry Stubbs and the cameras were rolling and before the interview could start, Ronnie Gossett busted in and asked Stubbs why he volunteered to step aside to give you the first shot….um, well…check out his response."

(VTR- Jerry Stubbs is sitting in a chair across from Joe Pedicino as Duke Myers rolls in Ronnie P. Gossett in his wheelchair and he angrily asks Stubbs about stepping aside for Cooley)

Stubbs: "Ronnie….think about it.  Landel is still the same lying, cheating piece of garbage he's always been….look at him, he's cheated to win every match he's had….now, so far the fans and the other goody two shoes rasslers don't care because he's cheated against people they don't like…..but how do you think the fans will react….not to mention how the other so-called 'good guys' and Les Thatcher are going to react when Landel cheats against Cooley to save his title?? They'll all turn against him and then he'll have no one…..no allies….no one to help him and he'll be all ours to destroy and easily take back my title!"

RPG: (nodding) "That's true……that's very true."

Stubbs: "Even better than that….since I was the one who suggested it….I'm going to insist on being the "special referee" so I can make sure not to see Landel pull whatever stunt he has planned to make sure he keeps the title so we can take it from him and teach his butt a lesson for screwing us over and stealing my belt and mask."

RPG: "Carry on then Stubbs….carry on."  (Myers rolls Gossett away)

Stubbs: "Alright Pedicino, fire up the camera and let's do this interview."

Joe: "I think we've got what we need already. Thanks."

Stubbs: "Wait! You were recording that?? No! You can't show that! If that airs, Pedicino..you're a dead man!"

(END VTR)

Solie: "So….now does it all make sense?"

Cooley: "Well, well, well….indeed it does Mr. Solie.  But you know what, I'm just fine with that, I'm more than ready for anything Landel wants to throw at me."

(Stubbs comes rushing out)

Stubbs: "How dare you air that Gordon Solie? I'm going to sue you, Joe Pedicino, Les Thatcher, and any TV station that just aired that!"

Cooley: "Good luck with that Stubbs."

(Les Thatcher comes out)

Thatcher: "So, 'Mr. Continental'…..you want to be the special referee?"

Stubbs: (looking surprised) "Yes….yes I do."

Thatcher: "Well, I'm willing to give you the opportunity to do that…..but I thought we'd make it interesting.  So, I asked both Wendell and Buddy if there could have a special referee for this match, who would they choose…..they both said the same person…Magnum T.A."

Stubbs: "Well that's just stupid."

Thatcher: "Here's the deal, Jerry.  You're going to have a match on Monday night against Magnum T.A. and the winner will be the special referee……oh and not only that the winner will also get the next title shot against the winner between Cooley and Landel."

Stubbs: "What?? NO! I get the next title shot…..that can't be part of the deal!"

(Thatcher leaves the podium as Stubbs chases after him pleading his case)

Cooley: "Whoever the referee is, my only goal is to walk out of there the champion."

Solie: "Best of luck, Wendell.  Let's go to the ring and see a bit of a grudge match."

MATCH #3:

"Big Bad" Bobby Duncum fought Bobby Jaggers to a double DQ when both their partners Phil Hickerson and Dirty Rhodes got involved and it turned into a big tag team brawl at the 4 minute mark

COMMERCIAL BREAK

MATCH #4:

Tatsumi 'the Dragon' Fujinami pinned Randy Watson with a 'Dragon Suplex'

After the match: Sir Oliver Humperdink entered the ring and started berating Fujinami until he grabbed Hump and locked him in a 'Dragon Sleeper', until from out of nowhere KILLER KHAN hits the ring and attacks Fujinami!  Khan works over Fujinami until referees, security, and prelim wrestlers hit the ring to break things up!

==========================

A highlight video airs of the NWA World Tag Team Champions "Dr. Death" Steve Williams and Ted Dibiase in action against a variety of opponents getting the fans ready for their tag title defense this Monday night in Huntsville!

==========================

MATCH #5:

"Luscious" Lanny Poffo w/Woman & Man defeated Ray Purchase by submission with the 'Painacle' (Crossface Chicken Wing)

(Poffo, Woman, and Man approach Gordon Solie at the podium)

Solie: "Uhh, Mr. Poffo we don't have you scheduled for an interview this week."

Woman: (stroking Gordon's hair) "Ohh, come on Gordy….can't you make just a little time for us…."

Solie: "Well, maybe a few moments…"

Poffo: "See there (getting uncomfortably close to Gordon on the opposite side as Woman) That's why we like you Gordy…..you always make time for us…..you understand us."

Solie: "Well, I don't know if that's a fair statement."

Poffo: "Sure you do Gordy….you don't know why but you just know that you like it when Woman and myself are close by…..I think you even have a soft spot for Man here….but let's talk business for a moment here shall we?  I'm not just here to bring pleasure and pain to these pathetic excuses for wrestlers here in Continental……I'm also here to win GOLD….I want a beautiful belt around my beautiful waist…..don't you wanna see that Gordy?"

Solie: "I'm not opposed to you getting a title shot….."

Woman: (rubbing her hand against Gordon's cheek) "Come on Gordy, I know you could use your influence to help make things happen for us."

Solie: "I don't have much influence on that aspect of things…."

Poffo: "Come on Gordy….don't try to downplay your influence….but that's ok….you'll come around in time….so in the meantime I'm going to continue to beat and humiliate everyone who steps in the ring with me and you'll all see that I'm the most extraordinary and EXOTIC wrestler…in the WORLD!" (He blows Gordon a kiss and walks away)

(Woman kisses Gordon on the cheek and as always….Man places his hand on Gordon's shoulder and gives him wink)

========================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Gordon runs down the card for Monday night

Von Braun Civic Center

Huntsville, Alabama

Monday August 16, 1986

Bell Time: 7:30pm

MAIN EVENT
NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Ted Dibiase/"Dr. Death" Steve Williams

vs.

Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk

NWA Continental Tag Team Champions

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

NWA CONTINENTAL HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Special Referee:

vs.

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

TAG TEAM BATTLE ROYAL

(Winners will get a shot at the CCW Tag Titles next week)

1. The Dirty White Boys (Tony Anthony/Len Denton)
  2. The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson)
  3. Akio Sato/Tarzan Goto
  4. The Hangmen (Bobby Jaggers/Dirty Rhodes)
  5. "Bullet" Bob/Brad Armstrong
  6. Savannah Jack/"Sweet Brown Sugar" Skip Young
  7. Johnny/Davey Rich
  8. "Crippler" Rip Oliver/"Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal
  9. Surfs Up (Allen West/Ray Odyssey)
  10. Blackjack Mulligan/"Outlaw" Ron Bass
  11. Scott/Steve Armstrong
  12. The Assassins (#1/#2)

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH

Tatsumi 'the Dragon' Fujinami

vs.

Killer Khan w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

WINNER REFEREES THE CCW TITLE MATCH

"Mr. Continental" Jerry Stubbs w/Ronnie P. Gossett & Duke Myers

vs.

Magnum T.A.

"Luscious" Lanny Poffo w/Woman & Man

vs.

Doug Gilbert

Pvt. Terry Daniels

vs.

The Spoiler w/Dark Journey

(CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE)

========================

(As we return from the break, Buddy Landel has joined Gordon at the podium)

Solie: "I'm joined now by the Continental Champion 'Nature Boy' Buddy Landel and Buddy, I've got to ask you…..after the big 'Bring Buddy Back' campaign and all the promises you made, what's the deal with your recent actions?"

Landel: "What actions are you referring to, Gordon?"

Solie: "Last week, you beat Akio Sato with your feet on the ropes, Monday night you kicked Tatsumi Fujinami in groin to defeat him this past Monday night and there's a few other examples as well."

Landel: "What does the 'Bring Buddy Back' campaign have to do with any of that?  Go back and watch those ads, go back and read the literature…..I promised to….make Gossett and Stubbs lives hell….check!  I promised to tag the Continental title away from Stubbs (holds up the title belt) check!  I promised to take that mask off Jerry Stubbs and if you've seen that big shiny disco ball he calls a head out here on tv then you know that too is a big ol' check!! Where did I promise not to cheat? Where did I promise to do the right thing or be a nice guy?? The answer is….I didn't! Sure, I may team up with people the fans like….I may cheat against people the fans don't like but Gordon Solie, Buddy is ALWAYS gonna be Buddy! Like it or lump it, folks…I’m sorry but that's just the way it is. As for Monday's title match, whether Stubbs is the ref or Magnum is the ref…..whether I'm currently friends with Wendell Cooley or not….I will do WHATEVER it takes to win…and anyone who won't…is an idiot! Plain and simple, Gordon Solie."

Solie: "Fair enough I guess….it's main event time!"

======================

MATCH #6:

MAIN EVENT
The Dirty White Boys (Tony Anthony/Len Denton) defeated Akio Sato/Tarzan Goto when Anthony pinned Goto with a school boy roll up…..Sato/Goto seemed out of sorts through this whole match without Humperdink at ringside who apparently was still suffering from having the Dragon Sleeper applied by Fujinami prior to the attack from Killer Khan

© 1986 Continental Championship Wrestling/National Wrestling Alliance

The Bullet wants to whip Tommy's ass so bad he pays 100k just to get a chance! Me he & Brad are gonna make sure "Dangerous" Davey & The Winner don't get anywhere near the Tag Titles. And it's all leading up to a Loser Leaves Town match! I don't think it could end any other way.

Stubbs & RPG get caught on camera spilling the whole plan,which wasn't too bad for the record. Now Stubbs faces Magnum & the winner refs the Contental title match.

Whether it's singles or Tag, The Highwaymen & The Hangman can't be controlled.

Oh man! Humperdink brings in Killer Khan to deal with Fujinami! 

So the whole group flirt with Solie wasn't just for laughs, they expect a title match. Interesting plan.

Gonna be a huge night in Huntsville.

DWBs bring it home in the main event. But would they have if Humperdink were there?

This was like a sop opera for men... one wild turn after the next.  

WOW... Bob pays the $100,000.... Beach Brawl is going to ge great.

Keep the cameras rolling.... Stubbs gets caught talking too much!

Killer Khan.... we got ourselves a war!

Great job having Poffo playing the Exotic Adrian part.

Huntsville is going to another great show.