Pro Wrestling Only

Continental Championship Wrestling

GeneJackson95

What a great show with so much good stuff going on. 

Well I guess if you get a win over Bullet Bob, you can call yourself "Winner". The Rich's are feeling pretty good.

Bullet gives one hell of a promo and pays Tommy's fine! Oh man who's going to leave the NWA?? 

We go right into another outstanding story between Cooley, Stubbs and Budro. Stubbs has it all figured out until the footage is shown. Stubbs vs. Magnum for the Ref spot adds even more intrigue to this. Cooley's pretty smart as he realizes he's got his shot and just goes with the flow LOL. 

Highwaymen and Hangmen give us another fun brawl. 

Humperdink feels the Dragon Sleeper but Fujinami feels the wrath of Killer Khan! This show keeps getting better.

Zenk and Taylor get rewarded with a NWA tag title shot. This will be a change of pace for the world champs. Interesting match.

HAHAHAHA, Poffo, Woman and Man really love Gordy and ask him to use his influence for a title shot. Gordon plays off this so well. I look forward to these segments every week. 

Damn, that upcoming card shows how stacked your roster is.

LOL, time for Budro. I'll give him props, he's very honest with his intentions. However, Stubbs might be right, after all this is over, he might not have any friends left. 

DWBs end the show with a nice win over a Humperdinkless Akio and Goto. 

So many creative storylines going on really makes each week must see TV. 

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Von Braun Civic Center

Huntsville, Alabama

Monday August 16, 1986

Bell Time: 7:30pm

The Spoiler w/Dark Journey pinned Pvt. Terry Daniels with the claw hold

"Luscious" Lanny Poffo w/Woman & Man pinned Doug Gilbert with a cradle suplex

WINNER REFEREES THE CCW TITLE MATCH

Magnum T.A. pinned "Mr. Continental" Jerry Stubbs w/Ronnie P. Gossett & Duke Myers with a belly to belly suplex…..afterwards Stubbs was beside himself as he was being berated by Gossett

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH

Tatsumi 'the Dragon' Fujinami defeated Killer Khan w/Sir Oliver Humperdink by DQ when Khan spewed the green mist into the eyes of Fujinami

TAG TEAM BATTLE ROYAL

(Winners will get a shot at the CCW Tag Titles next week, when one man is eliminated his partner is eliminated as well)

1. The Dirty White Boys (Tony Anthony/Len Denton)
  2. The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson)
  3. Akio Sato/Tarzan Goto
  4. The Hangmen (Bobby Jaggers/Dirty Rhodes)
  5. "Bullet" Bob/Brad Armstrong
  6. Savannah Jack/"Sweet Brown Sugar" Skip Young
  7. Johnny/Davey Rich
  8. "Crippler" Rip Oliver/"Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal
  9. Surfs Up (Allen West/Ray Odyssey)
  10. Blackjack Mulligan/"Outlaw" Ron Bass
  11. Scott/Steve Armstrong
  12. The Assassins (#1/#2)

Eliminations:

1. Allen West by Blackjack Mulligan (Surfs Up eliminated)
  2. Assassin #2 by Steve Armstrong (Assassins eliminated)
  3. Bobby Jaggers by Bobby Duncum (Hangmen eliminated)
  4. Steve Armstrong by Johnny Rich (Scott/Steve Armstrong eliminated)
  5. Davey Rich by Bob Armstrong (The Richs eliminated)
  6. Skip Young by Ron Bass (Savannah Jack/Skip Young eliminated)
  7. Len Denton by Tarzan Goto (Dirty White Boys eliminated)
  8. Ron Bass by Brad Armstrong (Mulligan/Bass eliminated)
  9. Bob Armstrong by Rip Oliver (The Armstrongs eliminated off a distraction from The Intern who came to ringside and pulled off his mask revealing Tommy Rich!)
  10. Phil Hickerson by Steve Regal (The Highwaymen eliminated)

"Crippler" Rip Oliver/"Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal win the battle royal to earn the CCW Tag Team title shot next week!

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

NWA CONTINENTAL HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Special Referee: Magnum T.A.

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel vs. "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley was declared a 'No Contest' when Blackjack Mulligan/Ron Bass/Jerry Stubbs/Duke Myers all hit the ring and attacked ALL THREE MEN in the middle of the match…..they took advantage of the four on three advantage for a few moments until "THE AMERICAN DREAM" Dusty Rhodes hit the ring to even the odds causing Gossett's boys to make a hasty retreat!

MAIN EVENT
NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Ted Dibiase/"Dr. Death" Steve Williams defeated Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk in 28:11 when Williams caught Zenk who went for a cross body off the top rope and gave him the 'Oklahoma Stampede' for the pin fall to retain the titles

Great night for Dark Journey as Spoiler beats Daniels & Oliver/Regal win another shot at the tag titles.

Luscious continues climbing the ranks.

Khan gets himself disqualified but it's Fujinami who suffers for it.

Magnum beats Stubbs but RPG'S men get revenge by storming the ring during the Contental title match & laying out everyone. Luckily The Dream is there to even the odds.

T&Z put up quite the fight but DiBiase & Williams are simply too much.

Luscious defiantly has been reborn. He keeps racking up some nice wins.

Magnum gets to be the Ref. 

Fujinami and Khan are just getting started. 

Oliver and Regal get the shot. I like this duo. 

Of course I have to mention the final Intern being revealed as none other than Tommy Rich! The fine is paid and the mask is off. One final piece left as we get ready for the loser leaves town match.

Continental title match ends in chaos but the fans get a thrill as Dusty Rhodes returns to action. 

Awesome way to end the show as Taylor and Zenk give the NWA champs a real test. Dibiase and Williams have had an incredible run so no shame in losing to them. 

Awesome night of wrestling in Huntsville

Great use of this big show to hype up what's been going on during the TV show.

Will be interesting to see whay becomes of RPG yelling at Mr. Perfect

Nice of Wildfire to take off the mask after Bob Armstrong paid his $100,000 fine.  Mrs. Armstrong must be really mad now.

Very interesting Semi-main event.  I had my eye on Landel but the babyfaces + Dream all seemed to be on the same side and came out on top!

Doc and Dibiase are one tough team!

Continental Championship Wrestling Spot Show Loop

Tuesday August 17, 1986: Cullman, Alabama

Wednesday August 18, 1986: Decatur, Alabama

Thursday August 19, 1986: Muscle Shoals, Alabama

Friday August 20, 1986: Florence, Alabama

"Luscious" Lanny Poffo w/Woman & Man pinned Savannah Jack after Woman distracted the referee allowing Man to drill Jack with a 'big boot' to the back of the head

Tommy "Wildfire" Rich pinned Steve Armstrong after hitting him with chain behind the ref's back.  After the match, Rich took the mic and said, "Hey Stevie, tell yo Daddy I'm gonna beat him the same way at Beach Brawl and send his butt straight outta the NWA forever!"

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned "Maniac" Matt Borne with the running bulldog

The Dirty White Boys/Tatsumi 'the Dragon' Fujinami defeated Akio Sato/Tarzan Goto/Killer Khan w/Sir Oliver Humperdink when Fujinami pinned Sato with a 'Dragon Suplex'

NWA Continental Tag Team Championship

Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk defeated The Hangmen (Bobby Jaggers/Dirty Rhodes) when Taylor pinned Rhodes after a 'Five Arm'

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

NWA CONTINENTAL HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel fought "Mr. Continental" Jerry Stubbs w/Ronnie P. Gossett/Duke Myers to a double count out

MAIN EVENT

GRUDGE TAG TEAM MATCH
"American Dream" Dusty Rhodes/Magnum T.A. defeated Blackjack Mulligan/"Outlaw" Ron Bass w/Ronnie P. Gossett/Duke Myers when Rhodes pinned Bass after an elbow drop

Continental Championship Wrestling "B" Show Loop

Tuesday August 17, 1986: Saltillo, MS.

Wednesday August 18, 1986: Booneville, MS.

Thursday August 19, 1986: Smithville, MS.

Friday August 20, 1986: Fulton, MS.

"Sweet Brown Sugar" Skip Young pinned The Masked Nightmare following a dropkick off the 2nd rope

Surfs Up ("California Kid" Allen West/"Surfer" Ray Odyssey) defeated The Assassins (#1/#2) when West pinned Assassin #2 with a sunset flip off the top rope

"The Crippler" Rip Oliver w/Dark Journey pinned Billy Travis following a piledriver

NWA United States Jr. Heavyweight Championship

Scott Armstrong pinned "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal w/Dark Journey following a 'super kick'

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

The Spoiler w/Dark Journey pinned Mr. Wrestling 3 following an elbow drop off the top rope after Dark Journey tripped Wrestling 3

MAIN EVENT

GRUDGE MATCH

"Bullet" Bob/Brad Armstrong defeated "The Winner" Johnny Rich/"Dangerous" Davey Rich when Bob put Davey out with a sleeper

Luscious is really proving himself in the opener each week. Also can we all agree the ref can't be blamed getting distracted by Woman?

Tommy wins his first match back & even better (for him) he beats an Armstrong.

Wildcat must've had quite the fight on his hands against the Maniac.

Fujinami making Humperdink regret kicking him out.

T&Z win a tough one against The Hangman.

No surprise seeing Budro & Stubbs go to a non finish.

The Dream drops the Outlaw & is looking to do the same to Blackjack.

SBS warms up the Mississippi crowds.

Surfs up is coming along.

2 out of 3 for Dark Journey's trio.

Bullet puts the least of the Rich cousins to sleep but Tommy's gonna be quite a bit harder.

It's hard enough trying to figure out Luscious let alone having to deal with Woman and Man. 

Tommy Rich is wasting no time getting his heat back.

LOL, I would of bought a ticket just to see Fujinami team with the DWBs. 

I'm thinking Zenk and Taylor are going to have a long reign. 

Nothing resolved between Landel and Stubbs...yet.

One heck of a main event as Dusty and Magnum send the fans home happy.

Surf's Up are making waves.

Scott Armstrong superkicks his way to a win over Regal. 

Spoiler wins the battle of the masked men. 

Another great tag main event as the Armstrong's get a most satisfying win over the Rich's.  

I must say that it doesn't take you long to get everyone on your roster in the right spot!  Nice set of house shows with the highlight for me being Tommy Rich telling Bob that he is going to beat him the same way as his son and then send him out of CCW while Bob and Brad are beating the other Rich cousins on the other loop!

• 2 weeks later...

IN HOPES OF NOT GETTING ANY FURTHER BEHIND, I'M GOING TO POST LAST WEEK'S TV AND MONDAY NIGHT SHOW.......WE'LL SAY TV WAS PREMPTED THIS WEEK AND THEN I'LL POST BEACH BRAWL.......THEN HOPEFULLY I CAN MANAGE TO GO THROUGH AND READ EVERYONE ELSE'S SHOWS AND GET CAUGHT UP ON FEEDBACK OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS.....THANKS!  (BTW, Covid sucks, I don't recommend it to anyone)

======================================================

Continental Championship Wrestling TV

Saturday August 21, 1986

Hosted by Gordon Solie

Ring Announcer: Freddie Miller

Interviewer: Joe Pedicino

From the Von Braun Center in Huntsville, Alabama

(The opening montage plays set to the tune of the instrumental version of Eddie Murphy's 'Party All the Time', we then go to the podium to world renown wrestling commentator, Gordon Solie)

Solie: "Hello and welcome once again to Continental Championship Wrestling sanctioned by the National Wrestling Alliance, I'm Gordon Solie and we have a great show in store for you this week as we're just one week away from Beach Brawl '86 and we'll have some major announcements this week as it pertains to that event.  We have a great main event for you here this week as we'll see one half of the Continental tag team champions Terry Taylor taking on one half of the team who will challenge for the belts this Monday after winning last week's battle royal, "The Crippler" Rip Oliver with Dark Journey. Right now, let's go to the ring for our opening bout."

=======================

MATCH #1:

Killer Khan w/Sir Oliver Humperdink pinned Randy Watson following a knee drop from the 2nd rope

Post Match: Humperdink tells Joe Pedicino that this Monday night, Killer Khan will take on Tatsumi Fujinami in a 'Mongolian Stretcher Match' and that this will be the end for the 'Dragon' once and for all!'

=======================

(VTR- A furious Bob Armstrong is once again shown outside his home)

Armstrong: "I've been in the wrestling business a very long time and nobody and I mean NOBODY has ever disrespected my family and myself like Tommy Rich has! Tommy Rich, just take a moment and think about how much I have to hate your guts to pay a hundred grand to get my hands on you. Now, Les Thatcher has given me the week off and told me not to come to any of the arenas and to save it until Beach Brawl but Tommy, I promise you and your cousin Johnny you two are going to get the beating of your lives In Biloxi! But make no mistake Tommy, YOU are the one that Brad and I are going to focus on pinning or submitting and sending you out of the NWA once and for all!  See you at the beach….boys!"

========================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

========================

MATCH #2:

The Dirty White Boys (Tony Anthony/Len Denton) defeated Parker Williams/Buck Spivey when Anthony pinned Williams after a clothesline to the back of the head

Post Match- The DWBs told Joe Pedicino that they are focused on winning the four corners match this Monday night to get a shot at the NWA World Tag Team Champions at Beach Brawl but make no mistake, they will be sure to get them a piece of Sato/Goto in the process!

========================

(We cut to Gordon Solie who is being joined by Tommy, Johnny, and Davey Rich)

Solie: "Well….it's a day that I had hoped would never come…..I'm joined once again by Tommy 'Wildfire' Rich along with his cousins Johnny and Davey Rich."

Tommy: (laughing) "Aww, come on Gordon you hurtin' my feelings saying stuff like that. Let me just say first of all, it's good to be back here with my cousins….and once we get these Armstrongs dealt with…Terry Taylor and Tom Zenk, we'll be coming for OUR belts that we never lost!"

Johnny: "Damn right, the only way they could get those belts away from us was to suspend you over something that was none of the promotion's business so they could strip the belts off of us."

Solie: "None of the promotion's business??"

Tommy: "No it wasn't Gordon Solie, that was family business….nothing for Les Thatcher and Bill Watts to concern themselves with!"

Solie: "I beg to differ….you applied a piledriver to a woman on the Continental television show, I would say that makes it their business, we could have been kicked off the air or lost sponsors over that."

Tommy: "I'm sorry Gordon…..I didn't know this show was live??"

Johnny: "Exactly! Continental didn't have to air that if they were so worried about sponsors….they wanted to show it! So, we don't want to hear that crap!"

Tommy: "Enough about that….that's in the past….but speaking of losing sponsors and getting kicked off the air….it's a good thing Beach Brawl won't be televised because I promise you the acts of violence we commit against Bob and Brad Armstrong in Biloxi is going to make me piledriving Peggy Rich look like an episode of A Little House on the Prairie! We're going to hurt them two and send one of them packing for good! Hey, but before we get to Beach Brawl…this Monday night, 'Dangerous' Davey Rich…the most violent Rich of us all…is going to take the U.S. Jr title from little Scotty Armstrong just to set the stage for Beach Brawl!"

Solie: "That remains to be seen but I'm afraid we're out of time for this interview so let's go now and take a look at Monday night's card for Dothan, Alabama."

Houston County Farm Center

Dothan, Alabama

Monday August 23, 1986

MAIN EVENT

EIGHT MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

"American Dream" Dusty Rhodes

Magnum T.A.

vs.

"Mr. Continental" Jerry Stubbs

"Outlaw" Ron Bass

Blackjack Mulligan

Duke Myers w/Ronnie P. Gossett

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

NWA CONTINENTAL TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk

vs.

The Electric Blondes ("Crippler" Rip Oliver/"Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal)

w/Dark Journey

MONGOLIAN STRETCHER MATCH

Killer Khan w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

vs.

Tatsumi "The Dragon" Fujinami

FOUR CORNERS MATCH

Winners get a shot at the NWA World Tag Team Titles

next Monday night at Beach Brawl '86

The Dirty White Boys (Tony Anthony/Len Denton)

vs.

Akio Sato/Tarzan Goto w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

vs.

The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson)

vs.

The Hangmen (Bobby Jaggers/Dirty Rhodes)

NWA UNITED STATES JR. HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Scott Armstrong

vs.

"Dangerous" Davey Rich

LUSCIOUS LANNY'S PLEASUREDOME CHALLEGE

"Luscious" Lanny Poffo w/Woman & Man

vs.

Whoever accepts the challenge

Surfs Up ("California Kid" Allen West/"Surfer" Ray Odyssey)

vs.

"The Winner" Johnny Rich/"Wildfire" Tommy Rich w/Davey Rich

Steve Armstrong

vs.

The Spoiler w/Dark Journey

=========================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

(As we return from commercial break Joe Pedicino calls Dark Journey out to the interview area…..the song 'Electric Avenue' plays as Dark Journey leads out "The Crippler" Rip Oliver and "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal, both men are wearing fancy blue ring jackets with gold lightning bolts on them with matching trunks, The Spoiler is following behind them as well)

Joe: "First of Dark Journey, I guess I should congratulate your team of Rip Oliver and Steve Regal on winning last week's battle royal to earn a tag team title shot this week in Dothan."

DJ: "First things first Pedicino, from now on you will refer to his team as 'the Electric Blondes' and after Monday night, you'll refer to them as the Continental Tag Team Champions."

Rip: That's right, Terry Taylor is going to get just a little taste of what's coming Monday night just a little bit later in this TV show, we're taking home the gold and that's all there is to it!"

DJ: "Speaking of taking home gold….The Spoiler has been racking up wins everywhere that Continental goes but yet he's barely had any title matches….so we're calling out that paper champion Buddy Landel, right now! We want a shot at your title and we want it on this show next week!"

Joe: "Wow, ok we'll see what Buddy Landel has to say about that. Let's go back to the ring!"

============================

MATCH #3:

The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson) defeated Ray Purchase/Howard Moon when Duncum pinned Moon after a powerslam

As the referee is raising the hands the Highwaymen, The Hangmen (Bobby Jaggers/Dirty Rhodes) hit the ring and attack the Highwaymen……quickly followed by Akio Sato/Tarzan Goto who are seemingly attacking both teams….but only for a moment as the Dirty White Boys hit the ring and all four teams are going at it!

Solie on commentary: "This has quickly gotten out of hand as all four teams who will be in the four corners match this Monday are all fighting each here…..it seems these Hangmen can't help themselves from attacking the Highwaymen whenever they see them and by the same token The Dirty White Boys and the Japanese team of Sato/Goto are constantly attacking each other back and forth….the question will be on Monday night, will these four teams blind hatred of each other hinder their chances of getting a shot at the World tag teams titles? We're going to try to restore order here, we'll be right back!"

==============================

(VTR- Dusty Rhodes and Magnum T.A. are standing in front of a CCW backdrop)

Dusty: "Dis Monday night, Magnum and myself are gonna team up with Buddy Landel and Wendell Cooley to take on Ronnie P. Gossett's so called men in an eight man tag team match if ya weel….and that's just fine, we'll get the job done as we always do.  However, what I really wanna speak on is da Beach Brawl in Biloxi.  Blackjack Mulligan, don't think because some time has passed that I've forgotten what you did to me….don't think I've forgotten what a backstabbin', low life egg suckin' dog you are!  When you step into MY match..that's right baby, the Bunkhouse match is MY match! When you step into that Bunkhouse match wit da bull of da woods if ya weel……you gonna wish you had never crossed the Dream, unnastan? Now Mag, tell 'em what you gonna do to that big Russian Nightmare."

Magnum: "Let's make one thing clear, I'm not underestimating Nikita Koloff….while I do consider the 'I Quit' match my match….I do know that locking myself to Nikita with a 'Russian Chain' is border line insane…..the man is a machine who barely registers pain, but Nikita…what I'm counting on is that you'll underestimate ME!  Yes, I do feel pain and I'm not excited about being chained together but I promise you this Koloff, you'll have to KILL me before I'll say I quit…and believe me….I'm willing to do the same to you to get my title back!"

======================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

======================

(As we return Woman, Man, and Luscious Lanny have joined Gordon Solie)

Woman: "Hi Gordy……did you miss me?"

Solie: "Well…sure it's always a pleasure to see you Woman."

Lanny: "Awww…what about me Gordy, did you miss me too?"

Solie: "Um well, I don't know that 'miss' is the word I'd use…"

Lanny: "I get it Gordy, miss just doesn't describe it.  That's sweet."

Woman: (stroking Gordon's cheek) So Gordy, how's things coming along on Luscious' title match?"

Solie: "Well again Woman, I don't have control over those types of things, I'm just an announcer."

Woman: "Gordy, don't underestimate your……'stroke' (Gordon blushes) You're the 'Dean of Wrestling Announcers', of course Les Thatcher and the NWA will listen to you….we're not asking for a shot at the World title….just maybe the U.S. Jr title or the Continental title."

Solie: "I honestly don't have any influence…you would need to talk to the matchmakers."

Lanny: "I would consider it a 'personal' favor, Gordy."

Solie: "I'll see what I can do."

Woman: (kisses Gordon on the cheek) "Thank you so much Gordy, I'll really owe you one…..maybe even two." (Gordon wipes his brow)

Lanny: "Meanwhile….these matches have been boring me….I want to liven things up.  I want to see who has the guts to step into my 'PleasureDome'.  So this Monday night I'm offering up the first 'PleasureDome' challenge…..it's open to anyone who wants to accept and if I don't make them submit to the 'PAINacle', Man will pay them five thousand dollars." (Man fans out the cash)

Woman: "Bye for now sweetie." (brushes Gordon's cheek)

Lanny: "Ta ta Gordy." (brushes his other cheek)

Man: "Title match……make it happen!" (followed by his usual wink before leaving)

Gordon looks blankly into the camera: "Let's go back to the ring."

================

MATCH #4:

NWA Continental Champion "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel defeated Fred Garvin by submission with the figure four leglock

Post Match- Joe Pedicino approaches Buddy Landel at ringside

Joe: "You've got a lot going on right now champ, everything with Ronnie Gossett, Jerry Stubbs, and that whole bunch….and now you've been challenged for next week's TV show by the Spoiler."

Landel: "What?? The Spoiler?? He's still around?"

Joe: "Still around and still winning matches."

Landel: "Sure, whatever……I'll wrestle the Spoiler.  Look, I know we've got this big eight man tag team match on Monday night with Gossett's goons….but I want a match one on one with Jerry Stubbs. Not just any match….I want a 'Southern Street Fight' with Stubbs at Beach Brawl."

Joe: "We'll need to approach Les Thatcher with that but I'm sure that….."

(Duke Myers rolls Ronnie P. Gossett out in his wheel chair)

Landel: "I know good well you don't still need that wheel chair, at this point you just like him rolling your lard a** around so you don't have to actually walk."

RPG: "First of all, I'm still injured and the Doctors don't know if I'll EVER be able to walk again….and quite frankly I'm insulted that someone I once considered to be my best friend would say something so hurtful and personal even on a wrestling show."

Landel: "Gimme a break Gossett…"

RPG: "I came out there tonight to offer you an olive branch! I wanted to end this foolishness and get us back on the same page. You know as well as I do that you don't like Wendell Cooley and Magnum T.A. and you sure as hell don't like Dusty Rhodes."

Landel: "I don't have to like any of those guys to be able to team with them in a wrestling match, but the fact of the matter is I trust any of those guys more than I trust you, Stubbs, or any those lowlifes you associate with!"

(Before Gossett can respond Jerry Stubbs comes out of nowhere and attacks Landel from behind, he rams Landel face first into the ring post and then gives him a DDT on the concrete floor! Wendell Cooley runs down with a chair which sends Stubbs running for cover.  The camera gets a shot of Landel as Cooley turns him over and he's bleeding profusely from the head that's busted wide open)

=======================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

=======================

MATCH #5

MAIN EVENT

"The Crippler" Rip Oliver w/Dark Journey & Steve Regal pinned Terry Taylor w/Tom Zenk after Dark Journey handed Oliver some knucks while the referee was distracted by Regal and Zenk who are brawling at ringside

© 1986 Continental Championship Wrestling/National Wrestling Alliance

Houston County Farm Center

Dothan, Alabama

Monday August 23, 1986

The Spoiler w/Dark Journey pinned Steve Armstrong after DJ tripped Armstrong allowing Spoiler to go up and come off with the top rope elbow drop

"The Winner" Johnny Rich/"Wildfire" Tommy Rich w/Davey Rich defeated Surfs Up ("California Kid" Allen West/"Surfer" Ray Odyssey) when Tommy Rich pinned Ray Odyssey after a piledriver

LUSCIOUS LANNY'S PLEASUREDOME CHALLENGE

"Luscious" Lanny Poffo w/Woman & Man defeated Steve Gatorwolf by submission with the 'PAINacle' although it should be noted at one point it looked like Gatorwolf might pull off the win but MAN interfered and caught him with a big forearm shot to the back of the head while Woman distracted the referee

NWA UNITED STATES JR. HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Scott Armstrong  defeated "Dangerous" Davey Rich by DQ when Tommy & Johnny Rich both hit the ring and attacked Scott, Steve Armstrong, Terry Taylor, and Tom Zenk made the save before too much damage was done.

FOUR CORNERS MATCH- One fall to a finish

Winners get a shot at the NWA World Tag Team Titles

next Monday night at Beach Brawl '86

vs.

vs.

The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson)

vs.

The Hangmen (Bobby Jaggers/Dirty Rhodes)

After about 12 minutes of action, The DWBs/Sato & Goto broke in a brawl on the floor and while this was happening Bobby Duncum managed to hit a running powerslam on Dirty Rhodes and get the pin!!  The Highwaymen will get a shot at the NWA World Tag Team titles next week at Beach Brawl!

MONGOLIAN STRETCHER MATCH

Killer Khan w/Sir Oliver Humperdink defeated Tatsumi "The Dragon" Fujinami after once again spewing the green mist in his eyes then coming off the top rope with a knee to his throat…..not once…..but TWICE.  Fujinami was then carried out on the stretcher

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

NWA CONTINENTAL TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk wrestled The Electric Blondes ("Crippler" Rip Oliver/"Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal) w/Dark Journey to a 20 minute time limit draw

MAIN EVENT

EIGHT MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

"American Dream" Dusty Rhodes

Magnum T.A.

vs.

"Mr. Continental" Jerry Stubbs

"Outlaw" Ron Bass

Blackjack Mulligan

Even though this match was not officially a street fight or anything of the sort the referee allowed a lot of leeway knowing all the bad blood involved….eventually the referee got knocked down and all hell broke loose everyone ended up fighting on the floor except Magnum T.A. and Jerry Stubbs…..from out of nowhere a HUGE muscular man wearing what appeared to be a 'Mr. Olympia' mask slid into the ring and leveled Magnum with what could only be described as a 'Russian Sickle'.  Stubbs made the cover as the masked man made a quick exit as the ref finally recovered just in time to count down Magnum for the 1-2-3!  Gossett's crew gets a HUGE win going into Beach Brawl!

First the TV show.

Classic squash/promo combo by Khan & Humperdink sets the stage for the Mongolian stretcher match against Fujinami.

A fire promo by The Bullet as he vows to rid CCW of Tommy Rich once and for all!

A couple of hot segments hype the four-way for a shot at the NWA World Tag Team Titles.

Tommy's first promo back shows he's still the same old scumbag we've come to know & hate. Kinda had a point about the show being pre-taped meaning they didn't HAVE to show Peggy getting piledriven though.

Dark Journey names her team (Electric Blondes ,nice) & gets Spoiler a Continental Championship match.

Dream & Magnum hype the two biggest matches at Beach Brawl.

Luscious + Solie = Gold! But seriously Gordon might wanna try harder, Man's starting to sound impatient.

RPG distracts(?) Budro allowing Stubbs to score a sick DDT on concrete!

Dark Journey's man Oliver wins big in the main event with a little help of course.

On to Dothan.

Spoiler looking good going into his big title shot.

Surf's Up may have a upside but they're not ready for the Rich cousins.

The first PleasureDome goes off as planned with a bit of help. Can't blame the ref getting distracted by Woman though.

The U.S Jr Heavyweight title match ends in chaos as everyone but Peggy gets involved.

The Highwaymen are going for the gold at Beach Brawl!

2 knees to the throat! Fujinami DEFINITELY needed that stretcher!

The Electric Blondes take T&Z to the time limit earning themselves another shot perhaps?

I wasn't aware Stubbs had family in Russia. But seriously a major pin for "Mr Continental"

Glad you're feeling better.

Good to have you back Gene. 

As always, Killer Khan looks devastating. 

Bullet is fired up! His promo would defiantly get me to Beach Brawl. 

Nothing like a Rich family reunion. They're another group of heels that must be talking with Ernie Ladd because they brought up some crazy valid points. Their match with the Armstrong's is going to be a war. 

Oliver and Regal as the Electric Blondes...Genius idea! 

Spoiler finally gets his overdue title shot.

Big tag team brawl to sell some last minute tickets. 

Reading this promo brought back 80s memories of Magnum and Dusty.

The Gordon, Lanny, Woman and Man segments have become one of my favorite parts of your shows. 

Landel takes a beating from Stubbs. With all these distractions, I'm wondering if Spoiler is walking away with the title next week. 

Oliver gets some momentum going for his team with that win over Taylor. 

To the Farm Center,

Spoiler is tuned up.

The Rich's give Surf's Up a buzzkill. 

Lanny is 1-0 in the PleasureDome.

Bullet and Brad weren't able to be there but Zenk and Taylor step in.

YES! Highwaymen get the NWA tag title shot! 

WHOA! Khan sends Fujinami out on a stretcher! Didn't see that coming. 

Blondes take the champs to the limit. There must be a rematch. 

Wild main event as a mysterious mask man gives the heels a tainted win. 

All roads lead to Beach Brawl! 

Presents
BEACH BRAWL '86
Gulf Coast Convention Center
Biloxi, MS.
Monday August 30, 1986
Bell Time: 7pm

NWA UNITED STATES JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Scott Armstrong pinned "Luscious" Lanny Poffo w/Woman & Man with a small package to retain the title, a stunned Poffo quickly regained his composure after being pinned and after went over to shake Armstrong's hand…..Poffo when raised Armstrong's hand in victory then clotheslined him and went on the attack locking in the 'PAINacle' as the referee pleaded for him to release the hold!

NWA CONTINENTAL TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP-REMATCH
Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk defeated The Electric Blondes ("Crippler" Rip Oliver/"Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal) w/Dark Journey when Zenk pinned Regal following a dropkick off the top rope

NWA SOUTHEASTERN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Bull Rope Match 
"Outlaw" Ron Bass w/Ronnie P. Gossett & Duke Myers defeated "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley with interference from Duke Myers to retain the title

LOSER OF THE FALL LEAVES CONTINENTAL
Bob/Brad Armstrong
vs.
Johnny/Tommy Rich

This match was one of the most anticipated matches on the card based on the reaction of the fans who "boo'd" the Richs mercilessly when they came to the ring for the match and went wild when the Armstrongs made their way out to 'Bad to the Bone'.  At one point the referee got knocked down which brought Davey Rich running down to ringside to try and interfere but he was quickly cut off by Steve Armstrong who ran down and made the save…..Davey and Steve fought at ringside while Brad was in the ring fighting with Johnny, and Bob was in the ring fighting with Tommy. Brad locked Johnny into a figure leglock, while Bob locked Tommy into a sleeperhold….but there's no referee…..this brought Peggy Rich down to ringside, Ms. Peggy was in a neckbrace and not getting around too good as one could imagine…..she came over to ringside to try and wake the referee seemingly to help the Armstrongs get the win….after trying to shake the referee…..Peggy had apparently shook him too hard as she was suddenly clutching him neck…..seeing this, Bob released the sleeper and came over to check on Ms. Peggy who suddenly reached into her purse and pulled out a can which she sprayed into the eyes of Bob Armstrong….Armstrong fell backwards clutching his eyes!  Peggy screamed at Tommy who crawled over and covered Bob Armstrong, Peggy shook the referee violently who now started to stir and make the three count……1-2-3!    Your winners are Johnny & Tommy Rich!      Thanks to Peggy Rich!!   The fans are livid!! They are throwing things at the Richs as they quickly retreat!

BUNKHOUSE MATCH
"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes pinned Blackjack Mulligan after a bionic elbow from the 2nd turnbuckle to get the win!

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
"Dr. Death" Steve Williams/Ted Dibiase defeated The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson) when Dibiase pinned Hickerson with his feet on the ropes

MAIN EVENT
NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
RUSSIAN CHAIN/I QUIT MATCH
Nikita Koloff 
vs.
Magnum T.A. 

A hard hitting brutal affair from the moment these two were chained together and the bell rang.  Ivan Koloff was barred from the building so were promised a one on one encounter.  Magnum looked good in the early part of the bout but after a while, the champion was firmly in control using his "Russian Chain" to his advantage but no matter how much the big Russian brutalized Magnum, he would not utter the words 'I Quit'!  Both men were a bloody mess after about 14 minutes of action….Nikita landed a 'Russian Sickle' on Magnum but couldn't get him to submit, Nikita charged in for another sickle but Magnum side stepped him wrapping the chain around Koloff's neck as his momentum took him over the top rope…..Magnum has the big man hung over the top rope….he won't submit but eventually the big Russian passes out…..the referee checks his arm as if goes down three times…..the referee has to stop the match and award the title to MAGNUM T.A.!!

Lanny Poffo really is such a neat mid card act, it's great to see him get his heat back after a loss! The Riches totalling screwing the Armstrongs was tonnes of fun and I suspect it's building to an almighty blowback.

What a main event! It ends with such a good visual of Nikita Koloff passing out, keeping him strong enough for a return somewhere down the line.

Luscious loses the match then loses his shit!

The reign of T&Z continues.

The Outlaw holds onto the gold thanks to Duker.

We've all heard of a mother's love but damn! I can't believe Bob is gone.

Second rope bionic elbow would drop anyone.

DiBiase & Williams are heading back to Amarillo. I'm sure the fans will be happy to see them again (inches closer to the exit)

Nikita loses a "I Quit" match without actually quitting Uncle Ivan is going to have a fit! Congratulations to Magnum T.A for regaining the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. Condolences for having to face One Man Gang.

Beach Brawl will be talked about for years to come!

The anticipated Beach Brawl has arrived! 

Scott gets the pin on Luscious but ends up going down to the Painacle. With a start like this, the fans know they're in for a great show. 

Zenk and Taylor retain with a smooth win over the Electric Blondes. The champs are having an enjoyable run. 

Wildcat is one tough dude but when a man such as Ron Bass names his bullrope, he's a master of this match. 

Armstrong's vs. Rich's sold a ton of tickets. I can't believe that ending! What a swerve! Only a mother could forgive like that LOL. Just when I thought the Rich's reached their heat peak, this happens. Bullet got screwed big time. 

Dusty gets revenge on Blackjack. Good placement as the fans really needed something to cheer about. 

Williams and Dibiase come to town and retain over the tough Highwaymen. I noticed Dibiase pulled out a slight heel move there. 

The Magnum/Nikita feud has been one of the best in the game this year. This match was insane and these guys beat the hell out of each other. What a visual as Magnum hangs Nikita with the chain to regain the NWA title. Can these guys survive another match with each other? 

Beach Brawl was a blast! 

First for the TV show... It is your interviews that make the show and you are on a roll right now.  Bob Armstrong and Tommy Rich's promos were awesome.  You could just feel the hatred in the them.  Johnny Rich had a point when he said CCW didn't have to show Tommy piledriving hos own mother.

Next... Dark Journey and the Electric Blondes had a nice promo hyping up the 4 Corner Match to get s shot at the World TItle at Beach Brawl.  That being said, each promo does a great job of hyping up the week's big show or CCW's next major event.  This is how to sell those tickts.

Now, after reading the early segments with Armstrong and Rich, I though that was the highlight of ths show for me but then.... Woman and Lanny!  WOW!  Poor Gordy didn't now what to do.  I could just picture him blushing when Woman was rubbing or kissing his cheek and then 5 seconds later holding back the vomit when Lanny was doing the same.  AWESOME segment.  SO well written.  I also think we are going to be seeing a lot more of this with the introduction of the Pleasuredome!  Can't wait.

Nice show in Dothan... T.A. gets sickled by a man in a Mr. Olympia mask.... interesting.

As for Beachbrawl.... great major event that keeps things moving in the right direction.

Even in defeat, Lanny gets some added attention with the post-match clothesling on Scott A.

Nice clean win for Zenk and Taylor.  Dark Journey is going to need to get here boys more prepared for next time and I bet there will be a next time.

Even in his speciality with the bull rope, Bass needs some help to put down Cooley.  Goes to show what you think of Cooley and I agree.  He is perfect for CCW.

WOW... Johnny was right... That was family business!  Families fight with each other, in this csse with a piledriver to Mom, but don't get involved.  The person most angry right now is Mrs. Armstrong as Bob gave up $100,000 to now lose his job.  AWESOME ANGLE.  I bet there is more to this one.

Nice wins for Dusty and the World Tag Team champs but I bet the fans were still thinking about Peggy!  Dusty must have wondered how he wasn't the biggest star in the arena.  He must not have been the booker here.

WOW... what a way to win the title back... To have hung Nikita who still wouldn't give up.  AWESOME MATCH

Continental+Championship+Wrestling+logo.

Continental Championship Wrestling TV

Saturday September 11, 1986

Hosted by Gordon Solie

Ring Announcer: Freddie Miller

Interviewer: Joe Pedicino

From the Montgomery Civic Center in

Montgomery, Alabama

(The show opens with some highlights from Beach Brawl '86: Scott Armstrong pinning "Luscious" Lanny Poffo, Dusty Rhodes pinning Blackjack Mulligan in a 'Bunkhouse Match', Tommy Rich pinning Bob Armstrong with help from his mother Peggy Rich to cause Bob to have to leave the NWA, and last but not least Magnum T.A. hanging Nikita Koloff with the Russian Chain to win the NWA World Championship…..we then roll the opening montage and go to the podium with world renown wrestling commentator, Gordon Solie!)

Solie: "Hello and welcome once again to Continental Championship Wrestling sanctioned by the National Wrestling Alliance and what a show we have in store for you this week after being preempted on Labor Day Weekend, we return with a huge show including our main event which will see 'Nature Boy' Buddy Landel defend the Continental title against the Spoiler with Dark Journey!  However before we get into all that as you saw at the top of the program, we have a new NWA World Champion…..none other than Magnum T.A.!  Let's take a look right now at the post match celebration that took place at Beach Brawl!"

(VTR- a bloodied T.A. is surrounded by all his buddies; Dusty Rhodes, Ted Dibiase, Dr. Death, Wendell Cooley etc … and the champagne is flowing)

Magnum T.A.:   "Joe… I did it!  I did it.  I told you and all my great fans that Nikita was going to have to kill me to make me quit and that I’d do anything to win this title back… By God… he almost did kill me.  While I hate Nikita and everything he stands for, I take nothing away from him.  He is the toughest man I have ever faced in the ring.  Going forward… I promise to defend this belt each and every night against all worthy challengers but anyone who steps into that ring with Magnum T.A. better take a look at the tape of this match… I will do anything to keep this title… Anything!"

Joe Pedicino:  "There you have it folks.  The new NWA World Champion… Magnum T.A.!"

(END VTR)

(Before Gordon can speak after the VTR, The Richs come out to the podium, Tommy is wearing a t-shirt that reads "BYE BYE BOB" while Johnny has on a t-shirt that reads "You're Welcome", and Davey's reads "Armstrong Family Farewell Tour 1986")

Tommy: "Gordon Solie….you call that a celebration?  The real celebration happened over in our locker room when we ran Bob Armstrong out of the NWA for good…now THAT was a celebration!"

Solie: "No, that was a disgrace is what that was and I can't believe after you piledrove your mother Peggy Rich that she showed up at Beach Brawl and helped you win that match….one of the most sickening displays I've ever witnessed."

Tommy: "Have you ever heard the term 'blood is thicker than water', Gordon Solie? Of course my mother helped us, what's she going to do? Go against her own family? We had a disagreement and that's been resolved, so she came back to show there's no hard feelings."

(Les Thatcher comes to the podium)

Les: "First things first….Peggy Rich is officially banned from ALL Continental Wrestling events moving forward…she can't so much as buy a ticket to a CCW show after Beach Brawl!"

Tommy: WHAT?!?! You can't do that! That's my mother, she loves to come watch us rassle!"

Les: "If she wants to see you wrestle it will have to be on television because she is not allowed at ANY arena Continental Wrestling runs…EVER!  End of story! Now, I'm also out here to inform you that you guys will be wrestling in a six man tag match against Brad and Steve Armstrong along with a mystery partner this Monday night in Montgomery, Scott Armstrong wanted to compete but he was injured by Eric Embry out in Texas so they've found a mystery partner."

Johnny: "Are you kidding me?? Do you know how sick we are of beating up the Armstrongs? We ran their Daddy out of here so that should be it….move on!  We want a shot at getting our tag team titles back we never lost!"

Tommy: "Damn right! Nobody beat us for them and those two pretty boy sissies that have the titles now couldn't beat me and Johnny on their best day!"

Les: "Look, you guys may get a tag team title shot in the future but this Monday night, you'll be facing the Armstrongs and their mystery partner so I suggest you focus on that. Good day, gentlemen."

(The Richs leave shaking their head, clearly not happy with the situation)

Les: "Now that we've handled that Gordon, I just wanted to say that a lot has happened in the week we've been away since Beach Brawl, there's been several people come and go from the Continental roster following Beach Brawl.  For instance, The Russians were so angry about the World title situation they have up and left the company as has Rip Oliver who was angry his bid at winning the tag titles failed twice.  Upon losing to Dusty Rhodes, Blackjack Mulligan has left Continental….but some new faces will be showing up as soon as here tonight so let's get on with the show….."

(Before Les is finished Jerry Stubbs comes storming out)

Stubbs: "Now hold on just a minute there, Les Thatcher.  Where's our new World Champion at?"

Les: "Magnum isn't here this week as he has a lot more commitments now that he has the NWA World title."

Stubbs: "Well, I just want it documented that I was the one who pinned his shoulders to the mat at the end of that big eight man tag match prior to Beach Brawl so I'M the one who should get the first NWA World title shot when he returns to CCW, just like I should be the one wrestling Landel for the Continental title tonight, I'm 'Mr. Continental', why the hell is the Spoiler wrestling him?"

Les: "Because the Spoiler has won a lot of matches and he's been deemed the #1 contender."

Stubbs: "Yeah, but has he pinned the current NWA World Champion? Nope!"

Les: "Mr. Stubbs, you'll get your title shots in due time, right now we've got a match waiting in the ring."

============================

MATCH #1:

Tom Prichard pinned Randy Watson following a enziguiri

(Post match: Joe Pedicino approaches Tom Prichard at ringside)

Joe: "Welcome to Continental Championship Wrestling, Mr. Prichard. A nice victory here in your debut."

Tom: "You know I came here hoping to challenge Scott Armstrong for that NWA U.S. Jr championship but I'm told that Eric Embry attacked him with a chair following a recent match and he's recovering from that attack."

Joe: "That's very true, not to mention the post match attack at Beach Brawl by Lan…" (Poffo, Woman, and Man appear at ringside)

Lanny: "Well Mr. Prichard, I have to say if anyone is going to be getting a shot at Scott Armstrong OR Eric Embry….it's going to be me….however if you're looking for a challenge….how about you take on my 'PleasureDome Challenge' this Monday in Montgomery."

Tom: (looks him up and down) "Frankly, I'm afraid to ask what the hell a 'PleasureDome' is…..much less a PleasureDome Challenge?"

Woman: (rubbing her hand across Prichard's chest) "Oh come on Tommy, surely you are man enough to accept the challenge."

Tom: (looks Woman up and down) "If I win this…..will it move me to the front of the line for a title shot?"

Woman: "Oh Tommy, it will move you to the front of whatever line you want to be in the front of…"

Tom: (smiling) "I like the sound of that….count me in."

Lanny: (smiling widely) "See you in the PleasureDome…..Tommy." (walks away with Woman and Man as Prichard makes a face)

========================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

========================

MATCH #2:

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned Pat Rose with a running bulldog

(Post match Cooley joins Gordon Solie at the podium)

Solie: "Wendell, at Beach Brawl you nearly won back the Southeastern Championship, had it not been for the interference of Duke Myers."

Cooley: "That's exactly right, Mr. Solie and that's not the first time that Duke Myers has cost me a championship match against Ron Bass and I've honestly had about all I can stand of Duke Myers and Ronnie Gossett for that matter but this Monday night I've managed to get a 'Loser Leaves Town' match signed against Duke Myers so I'm going to end this problem once and for all!"

Solie: "Well I know if you manage to get rid of Myers, you'll be doing a lot of people a favor so best of luck to you in Montgomery."

Cooley: "Thanks, Mr. Solie!"

Solie: "Let's go over to the interview area where Joe Pedicino is being joined by another newcomer here in CCW, Sherri Martel."

(Joe Pedicino is joined by Sherri Martel)

Joe: "I'm joined here by a lovely lady by the name of Sherri Martel, I understand that you're a wrestling manager."

Sherri: "That's right Joe Pedicino, I'm the manager of the greatest tag team in professional wrestling today….The Super Destroyers….and I've managed to get them a shot at Terry Taylor and Tom Zenk for the Continental Tag Team titles this Monday night in Montgomery."

Joe: "WOW, a tag team title shot right out of the gate? How did you pull that off?"

Sherri: "As you'll learn in time, Pedicino….I can be very persuasive when I want something and the Super D's are going to take those take those tag team titles…..and very soon I'll be introducing you to my singles wrestler who is going to be looking for that Continental Heavyweight title!"

Joe: "I understand after the break, we'll be seeing your Super Destroyers in the ring?"

Sherri: "That's right, so prepare to be amazed!"

===========================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

MATCH #3

The Super Destroyers (#1/#2) w/Sherri Martel defeated Parker Williams/Lonnie Jameson when Super D #2 hit Williams with a Superplex for the pinfall

(Gordon Solie is joined at the podium by the "American Dream" Dusty Rhodes)

Solie: "I'd like to welcome the one and only 'American Dream' Dusty Rhodes back to the program!" (Crowd cheers)

Rhodes: "Well thank ya Gohdun….it's my pleasure to be here and I just want to start off by sayin congratulations to my brutha from anotha motha if ya weel, Magnum T.A, for not only winnin' tha World title but also running dem ol' nasty Russians right on outta here!"

Solie: "He certainly did but you also deserve some congratulations of your own as you defeated Blackjack Mulligan at Beach Brawl and by virtue of that win, you've earned yourself a Southeastern title match against Ron Bass this Monday night in Montgomery."

Rhodes: "Well thank ya Gohdun, I did manage to whip ol' Blackjack's big tail so bad that he decided he would just move on somewhere's else…..and as for Ron Bass, I feel it should be my friend Wendell Cooley getting that title shot but I'm not gonna turn it down so Ronnie Bass, you better be ready for some pain, blues, and agony cause that's what the Dream is gonna be dealin' out on Monday night, if ya weel…and I plan on being here next week in PULLIC  as yo' new Southeastern Champyun!

=============================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

MATCH #4:

Killer Khan w/Sir Oliver Humperdink pinned Ray Purchase after a knee drop from the 2nd rope

Post Match: Humperdink says that now that they've rid themselves of Tatsumi Fujinami, they've got their eyes on someone else….and that everyone will find out who it is….real, real soon!

Gordon runs down the card for this Monday night!

Monday September 13, 1986

Montgomery Civic Center

Montgomery, Alabama

Bell Time- 7:30pm

MAIN EVENT

NWA Southeastern Heavyweight Championship

(GOSSETT AND MYERS BARRED FROM RINGSIDE)

"Outlaw" Ron Bass

vs.

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

NWA Continental Tag Team Championship

Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk

vs.

The Super Destroyers (#1/#2) w/Sherri Martel

LOSER LEAVES CONTINENTAL

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

vs.

GRUDGE SIX MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

Brad/Steve Armstrong/Mystery Partner

vs.

Davey/Johnny/Tommy Rich

THE PLEASUREDOME CHALLENGE
"Luscious" Lanny Poffo w/Woman & Man

vs.

Tom Prichard

SOUTHERN STREETFIGHT

vs.

Killer Khan w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

vs.

Savannah Jack

Tyree Pride

vs.

Pat Rose

(Card Subject to Change)

========================

(Gordon Solie welcomes the Continental Champion Buddy Landel out to the podium)

Solie: "Buddy, you're going to the ring to put your title on the line against a man that has been on a huge winning streak since he got here to Continental, the Spoiler."

Buddy: "You know Gordon Solie, I can only think of a couple of reasons a guy would go around wearing a mask over his face. The number one reason I could think of would be if you're an ugly bald headed geek like Jerry Stubbs, and I just want to personally apologize to everyone who watches this show for taking that mask off his ugly bald head!  The number two reason I could think of that someone would wear a mask over their face would be if they were some kind of wanted criminal.  Now Gordon, which one do you think it is for the Spoiler?  Do you think it's because he's uglier than Jerry Stubbs, or do you think it's because he's a criminal of some sort?"

Solie: "I have no idea why he would wear a mask to be honest."

Buddy: "Then there's a third option……he's both! He's an ugly, wanted criminal!. Well whatever the reason is he's wearing that mask, he's not walking out of here with MY title…that's for sure and Jerry Stubbs, I haven't forgotten about you giving my that DDT on the floor, and believe me as long as I continue to have these blinding headaches and constant dizziness, I won't be forgetting anytime soon…..so Stubbs, don't worry….you and I will be facing off in that ring real soon…..title or no title…I can promise you that!"

========================

MATCH #5:

MAIN EVENT

NWA Continental Heavyweight Championship

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel pinned The Spoiler w/Dark Journey when the Spoiler went for an elbow drop off the top rope, Landel managed to move out of the way and hit the Spoiler with his patented corkscrew elbow drop for the pin to retain the title!

© 1986 Continental Championship Wrestling

Damn Embry did more damage to Scott than I thought.

The Rich wear some stylish shirts as they receive news of their big 6 man in Montgomery.

Tom Prichard has arrived! Love the interaction with Poffo & crew.

Cooley may have to wait for another shot at the Southeastern championship but sending Duker packing is a good way to kill time.

"Sensational" Sherri & The Super Destroyers sounds like the best garage band ever! But seriously a tag title shot already? Sherri means business. Interested to see who the singles is.

The Dream is coming for gold in Montgomery.

A lot of people are looking over their shoulder now that Humperdink has a new target for Khan.

Budro may have Stubbs on his mind but he didn't overlook the Spoiler. 

Speaking of Stubbs, between his beef with Buddy & his pin on Magnum, Stubbs has quite the opportunities heading his way.

The Rich's are riding high but I have a feeling the Armstrong's have something up their sleeve. 

Stubbs makes it clear he wants an NWA title shot. I'm pretty sure Magnum will give him one. 

Prichard arrives in CCW and immediately has a date in the PleasureDome. Doesn't sound like he knows what he's getting himself into.

Cooley's had enough of Myers and is set to send him packing. 

Alright, Sherri is on the scene and immediately gets her Super Destroyers a title shot. Very persuasive indeed.

Classic Dusty promo as he gets ready for a shot at Bass. Just watch out for Miss Betsy. 

Khan gets in a good squash. I wonder who Humperdink has his eyes on?

Budro talks the talk and walks the walk as he puts down the Spoiler. Fun TV main event.  

Great TV show with some much happening!

T.A. gets the attention he should as the NWA champ.  Nice touch

No matter wat T.A. or anyone else does in CCW, the story is Tommy Rich and his whole family.  The T-Shirts were a nice touch.  Can't wait to see who the mystery man is.

I like how Les explaned all the comings and goings of CCW.

I am really interested in the Prichard-Lanny bout.  I have no idea where you are taking this as they are both huge Jr. Heavyweight stars!  Can't wait to see what your creativity has instore for us this time.

Again, looking forward to the LLT Match with Cooley and Myers.  I think I know where you are going by you have shocked me before.  

I agree with Sherry... she could be very persuasive.  I see her rising to the top real fast!  The Super D's might be the favorites for the titles this week.

Nice job with the Dusty accent.  I found him fun and frustrating at the same time to write for.  Looking forward to his bout with Bass.  He can't stop fighting the big cowboys!

Wow... A clean win for Buddy... His stock is rising!

Looking forward to the big show this week.  Very, very well done TV show!