Continental Championship Wrestling

GeneJackson95

Monday September 13, 1986

Montgomery Civic Center

Montgomery, Alabama

Bell Time- 7:30pm

Tyree Pride pinned Pat Rose with a flying crossbody off the top rope

Killer Khan w/Sir Oliver Humperdink pinned Savannah Jack after a knee drop off the TOP rope

SOUTHERN STREETFIGHT

Akio Sato/Tarzan Goto w/Sir Oliver Humperdink defeated The Dirty White Boys (Tony Anthony/Len Denton) when Goto pinned Denton after Humperdink through salt in his eyes

PLEASUREDOME CHALLENGE

Tom Prichard pinned "Luscious" Lanny Poffo w/Woman & Man with a school boy roll up when Scott Armstrong came down to ringside with his arm in a sling and distracted Poffo!  Prichard quickly rolled out and left ringside as did Armstrong……Poffo was livid and had to be calmed down by Woman and Man before leaving ringside

GRUDGE SIX MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

Brad/Steve Armstrong/Mystery Partner

vs.

Davey/Johnny/Tommy Rich

The Richs came out first while Brad and Steve Armstrong came out alone initially. Tommy Rich got on the mic and made fun of them for not having a "so-called mystery partner".  Brad then took the mic and said, "Oh don't worry, Tommy…he's right here!"  "Bad to the Bone" hit and the fans went wild as their tag team partner made his way to the ring…..a masked man known as…..THE BULLET!!

mW2lqw.gif

The Richs were furious and at first left ringside refusing to wrestle until Les Thatcher came down and told them they would be fined and suspended if they didn't return and wrestle the match. The Richs returned and Tommy accused Thatcher of "being in cahoots with the Armstrongs" and said that Thatcher knew good and well that the Bullet is Bob Armstrong, "Hell Thatcher, he comes out to the same music and is wearing the same shit he does as Bob Armstrong, hell at least I dressed up like a Medic!"  When Thatcher asked, "Wait, what did you just say?"  Rich said, "Um, never mind just ring the damn bell!"

It was a pretty wild six man tag team match that saw the Armstrongs and The Bullet get the win when Bullet put Davey Rich out with the sleeper

LOSER LEAVES CONTINENTAL

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

vs.

Duke Myers w/Ronnie P. Gossett

Before the match started, Buddy Landel came to ringside and said he needed to "take out the trash" and he pushed Ronnie P. Gossett in his wheelchair away from ringside! The match started and Cooley controlled the first few minutes until Myers caught him with a low blow behind the referee's back and then he was in control for the next few minutes until Cooley started to mount a comeback…..Cooley went for a bulldog but Myers shoved him off knocking Cooley into the referee who went down.  Once the referee was down, Jerry Stubbs ran in and attacked Cooley giving him a DDT, before putting Myers on top of Cooley, then crawling under the ring, this brought down Buddy Landel who hit Myers with the corkscrew elbow drop and then placed Cooley on top of Myers before shaking the referee then also crawling under the ring.  The referee counted 1-2-3!! Cooley wins, Myers must leave Continental as Stubbs and Landel come out from under the ring fighting their way around ringside and then up the aisle and out of sight.

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

NWA Continental Tag Team Championship

Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk fought The Super Destroyers (#1/#2) w/Sherri Martel to a 'double count out'

MAIN EVENT

NWA Southeastern Heavyweight Championship

(Ronnie P. Gossett banned from ringside)

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes pinned "Outlaw" Ron Bass after a bionic elbow drop to win the championship!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see Pride rebound.

R.I.P Savanah Jack.

Humperdink leads his men to victory in the southern streetfight, now maybe he can lead them to gold.

Scott Armstrong returns to help Prichard get a win in the pleasuredome! 

10 minutes ago, GeneJackson95 said:

"Hell Thatcher, he comes out to the same music and is wearing the same shit he does as Bob Armstrong, hell at least I dressed up like a Medic!"  When Thatcher asked, "Wait, what did you just say?"  Rich said, "Um, never mind just ring the damn bell!"

Hahahahahaha Tommy gets so pissed he damnnear gives up the goat! Good to see The Armstrongs can still count on their family friend The Bullet!

Bye Bye Duker.

I expect Sherri to "persuade" Thatcher to give her men a rematch.

The Dream lives in Montgomery! The reign of Rhodes begins but I wonder what would've happened had RPG been there.

Huge event for CCW...

Nice to see that the moment of the night was caught on video... Here comes the Bullet.  Funny when you had Tommy admit to being the Medic.

Dusty wins the SE TItle.  Looking forward to seeing what's next for him.

Very interesting moment as Scott Armstrong comes out to help Prichard.  Looking forward to seeing what is next here.

Sherri with have to wait a little for the belts but it will be a fun chase.  Also looking forward to seeing who here singles wrestle is.  

Wendell Cooley is CCW!  He had to win that one but I never know what changeup you have planned for us.  Liked that this one came right down the middle.  

Pride brings his WSW momentum to Continental. 

Since taking out Fujinami, Khan has been on a roll. 

Goto, Sato and some salt get the street fight win over the Dirty White Boys. 

Thanks to Scott Armstrong, Prichard walks out of the PleasureDome with a win. LOL, Poffo has a classic meltdown.

YES! I knew sooner or later the masked Bullet would return! I cracked up when Tommy almost gave himself away as a Medic. Crowd pleasing win for the Armstrong's.

After a lot of wild chaos, Cooley ends up on top and sends Myers packing. Budro and Stubbs are heading for an explosive showdown. 

Super D's battle the champs to a double co. I know Sherri will get her team a rematch.

Great main event as The American Dream takes the Southeastern title from the Outlaw! That's how you send the fans home happy. 

ccw.jpg

Continental Championship Wrestling TV

Saturday September 18, 1986

Hosted by Gordon Solie

Ring Announcer: Freddie Miller

Interviewer: Joe Pedicino

From the Montgomery Civic Center in

Montgomery, Alabama

Highlights of last Monday night in Montgomery are shown including: Tom Prichard pinning Luscious Lanny due to a distraction from Scott Armstrong, The debut of the masked BULLET, Wendell Cooley pinning Duke Myers in a loser leaves CCW match, and Dusty Rhodes winning the NWA Southeastern Championship from Ron Bass!  We then see the opening montage and head over to the podium with 'world renown wrestling commentator' Gordon Solie!

GordonCCW.jpg

Solie: "Hello and welcome once again to Continental Championship Wrestling brought to you by the National Wrestling Alliance, when you see the NWA logo, you know you're seeing the best in professional wrestling.  What a show we have in store for you this week as the brand new Southeastern Champion 'the American Dream' Dusty Rhodes will be in action, we'll see Tyree Pride making his television debut, we'll hear from the NWA World Junior Heavyweight champion "Flamboyant" Eric Embry, the Continental tag team champions Terry Taylor and Tom Zenk will be in action, we'll also see the return of the infamous Fiesta Garden with your host Al Madril, and last but not least in what should be an outstanding main event, Tommy 'Wildfire' Rich taking on his nemesis The Bullet! Before we get started, I'd like to bring out Les Thatcher to talk about the huge card we have signed for this Monday night in Huntsville, Alabama."

Thatcher: "Gordon, this Monday night will be the 'Night of Champions' where all three NWA World Championships will be defended as well as the titles here in Continental except for the U.S. Jr Heavyweight Championship due to Scott Armstrong's shoulder injury but he has defended the title in past thirty days so he's in no danger of being stripped of the title at this point and according to his Doctor he'll be cleared to compete before the thirty days is up."

Solie: "Looking at this card, it's a doozie."

Thatcher: "That's one word for it for sure. I'm very excited about it and I'm sure once you run down the card, the fans will be too."

(Jerry Stubbs comes storming out to the podium)

Stubbs: "Les Thatcher, first of all I'm thankful I'm getting my rightful title shot against Magnum T.A. but there's a big problem."

Thatcher: "What's the problem now, Jerry?"

Stubbs: "Ever since Buddy Landel rolled Ronnie Gossett away from the ring on Monday night, nobody has seen or heard from him…..he's missing! Buddy Landel has apparently kidnapped Ronnie P. Gossett!"

Thatcher: "Have you alerted the authorities?"

Stubbs: "Yeah, I did and they treated it like some kinda joke! This is no joke….how am I supposed to win the World Championship without my manager??"

(Buddy Landel comes out)

Stubbs: "You've got a lot of nerve showing your face around here, you criminal! Where's Ronnie?"

Landel: "All I did was roll him out the back door of the Civic Center and left him. Wherever he went from there, he went on his own.  Have you checked all the buffets and bakeries in the area?"

Stubbs: "This isn't a joke Landel, a man is missing…this is serious!"

Landel: "I'm being serious…..he's probably bellied up to the bar at Quincy's somewhere in a yeast roll coma, or putting a Pizza Inn out of business."

Stubbs: "I don't have time for this but I promise you this, once I'm done winning the World title from Magnum T.A., I'm coming for you and you will pay for what you've done to Ronnie!" (Stubbs leaves)

Landel: "While I'm here Les Thatcher, who am I defending my title against in Huntsville?"

Thatcher: "Your challenger's manager insisted that they get to announce your opponent so that announcement will be made tonight during the Fiesta Garden."

Landel: (rolls eyes) "Oh that's just great…"  (Landel leaves)

Solie: "Let's go down to the ring."

=================

MATCH #1:

Tyree Pride pins Parker Williams after a flying crossbody off the top rope

==================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

==================

Solie: "Right now let's hear from the NWA World Junior Heavyweight Champion, "Flamboyant" Eric Embry."

(VTR: Eric Embry is seen standing in front of an NWA backdrop holding his NWA World Junior Heavyweight title belt over his shoulder)

Embry.jpg

Embry: "Look at this on my shoulder…..it doesn't say I'm the best junior heavyweight wrestler in Alabama….it doesn't even say I'm the best junior heavyweight wrestler in the United States…..it says I'M the best junior heavyweight wrestler in the WORLD!  See that globe on the front of the belt? There's no one anywhere on that globe better than me….not in any country, on any continent, or even anywhere in the ocean….I AM THE BEST!!  Yet, despite that fact as I go all around the world defending this title, you'd assume I'd be showered with respect, affection, and appreciation everywhere I went….but for some reason that's not the case…..these ignorant, jealous people in the arenas 'boo' me and have the nerve to call me a 'crybaby'!  Well listen up Huntsville, Alabama! I'll be there this Monday night and if I hear one single person call me a 'crybaby', I'll come over that rail and slap their ugly face off!  I'm going to come there and show you why I'm the World Junior Heavyweight Champion and when that match is over….and my hand is raised in victory, we'll see who the crybabies really are!"

(END VTR)

Solie: "Normally, the U.S. Jr. Champion would be the one challenging for the World Jr. title but since Scott Armstrong is injured and since Tom Prichard pinned the former number one contender to the U.S. Jr. title last Monday night, it will be Tom Prichard challenging Eric Embry for the World Junior Heavyweight title this Monday night."

(Woman along with Man and 'Luscious' Lanny Poffo comes to the podium)

Woman: (aggressively) "Gordy….I thought we had a deal….I thought you were going to make sure 'Luscious' got a championship match."

Solie: "He got one for the U.S. Junior title……and he lost."

Woman: "That was a fluke and Luscious taught him a lesson afterward….in fact that's why he's walking around with his arm in a sling right now.  Tom Prichard just got here and the only reason he holds a so called win over Luscious is because Scott Armstrong interfered and caused Lanny to lose."

Solie: "I saw the match, Scott Armstrong didn't lay a hand on Mr. Poffo."

Poffo: "Solie, my patience with you is wearing very thin…..your remarks are starting to rub me the wrong way and I promise you….the last thing you want to do is rub ME the wrong way!"

Solie: "No sir, I don't want to rub you in any way but before this train gets too far away from the station, there's another video that I'd like for you to see."

(VTR: Scott Armstrong is standing in front of the CCW backdrop with his left arm in a sling and the U.S. Jr. title in his right hand)

Armstrong: "You know something a lot of people don't realize is this U.S. Jr. title belt is like a crystal ball…..I can see the future in it….let me show you.  Holds it up and looks at it….I can see it now, Gordon Solie announces that Tom Prichard is getting the World Jr title shot at Eric Embry and now Lanny Poffo and his buddies are pitching a fit and harassing my friend Gordon Solie. Well Lanny, while you won't be wrestling for the World Junior Heavyweight title, you're in luck because I know someone who wants to take on your 'Pleasuredome Challenge'....in fact he thinks your a joke and a cheap knock off and not very good at what you do. So...if you've got the guts, how about you face this man in Huntsville and see if you can make him submit to your crossface or whatever it is you call it."

(End VTR)

Woman: "Who does he think is, Gordy?? Insulting Luscious like that!"

Solie: "In his defense, he said this mystery person is the one that thinks Lanny is a joke, a knock off, and not very good at what he does."

Poffo: "Well you would defend him wouldn't you...and why would you repeat that? I don't think I like you anymore....GORDON! I don't care who this person is...I will gladly face them and destroy them on Monday night and once I take care of this twit and little Scotty Armstrong decides to quit milking this so called 'injury'....I'm taking his title!"

Woman: "Oh and good luck Prichard, we hope you beat Embry, because we'd love nothing better than to take that World title from you! Have a miserable day, GORDON!"

(Poffo and Woman storm off as Man stops and glares at Gordon before shaking his head and walking away)

===================

VTR for the returning Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) showing highlights of their previous exploits in CCW and Twin States.

Nightmares.jpg

===================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

===================

(Dusty Rhodes is stopped by Joe Pedicino on his way to the ring)

Pedicino: "Congrats Dusty on becoming the new Southeastern Champion last week!"

Rhodes: "Why thank ya kindly Joe Peduhseeno! At Beach Brawl, I beat that big ol' ugly Blackjack Mulligan and I told Ron Bass last week dat I was gunna do they same to him and Joe Joe that's just what I did! Now den…..not everybody knows dis but the NWA has this big Halloween Havoc event coming up next month, all the best of da best of the NWA is gunna be der ya unnastan?  Normally, tha Dream would be lookin' for that World title, but it's in good hands with Magnum T.A. so I'm puttin' it out there right now, I'm puttin' out one of dem open challenges…..to anybody in the entire NWA who wants to challenge me at Halloween Havoc…..put it on out there…..let yo' self be heard and da Dream shall give you shot at dis here Southeastern Champyunship!  So place yo bets people, who is gunna have the guts to challenge…..da bull of da woods?? We shall see, but right now I got some bidness to tend to in this ring!"

---‐------‐--------------------

MATCH #2:

NWA Southeastern Champion "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes pinned Pat Rose with an elbow drop

The referee raises Dusty's hand as the crowd are all on their feet cheering the Southeastern Champion, suddenly Sir Oliver Humperdink appears on the ring apron…..and starts jawing at Dusty…….the Dream starts in Hump's direction when he's attacked from behind by KILLER KHAN!!  Khan spews the green poison mist into the face of Dusty and he goes down in a heap…..Khan kicks away at Dusty as Gordon Solie calls to the production truck to "please go to a break, that's enough of this!"

====================

COMMERCIAL BREAK:

A commercial airs announcing NWA Halloween Havoc coming in October! More info coming here next week!

NWAHalloweenHavoc.jpg

====================

MATCH #3:

The Super Destroyers (#1/#2) w/Sherri Martel defeated Ray Odyssey/Larry Hamilton when Super D #2 pinned Hamilton after a Super Plex

==≈==================

(The camera pans over to a small stage with a cactus on each corner of the stage with a sombrero on top of each. A large pinata is hanging down right over the middle of the set, with two green director's chairs arranged in the middle with a large banner on the wall behind them that says 'FIESTA GARDEN' on it, we then cut to a smiling Al Madril)

20200329_001757.jpg

Madril: "Hola Mi Amigos! Welcome back to the highest rated pro wrestling interview show of ALL TIME, the one and only Fiesta Garden brought to you by our sponsor the Starr Corporation! Of course I'm sure you already know I'm your host, 'The Great' Al Madril! And you know we couldn't do the show without our head of security, former Police Officer, the thirty two time Karate Champion, Innovator of the famous Crane Kick, and two time winner of the Kumite…..'the Walking Weapon' Ron Slinker! (Slinker is once again sporting his red karate gi and looking somewhat confused and unamused by the intro) Say hello, Ron!"

Slinker: (puts his head down) "Hello Ron."

Madril: (clapping and smiling) "There it is! There's that entertainment I've needed in my life! Ronnie Boy, it's good to be back. I want to thank our sponsor, the Starr Corporation for making it happen, we'll speak on that more in the weeks to come. Right now, I want to welcome our guests, a beautiful Senorita who has taken Continental by storm recently, along with her tag team, please welcome Sherri Martel!"

(Sherri and the Super Ds come out, Al takes Sherri by the hand and helps her into her directors chair, as he settles into his chair…the Super Destroyers stand behind Sherri's chair)

Madril: "Wow, I'm not trying to be forward but may I say you are even more beautiful in person than you are on the television."

Martel: "Yes, you may say that Alberto, how sweet of you."

Madril: "Well, it's certainly the truth. Now Sherri, you are the talk of the NWA right now as last week, these guys walked in the door and got a shot at the Continental tag team titles having only had one match on tv against some ham and eggers. That in itself was impressive but this week, after not even winning the Continental tag titles last week, they are getting a shot at the NWA World Tag Team Championships in Huntsville, how on earth did you pull that off?"

Martel: "To be honest Alberto,  the powers that be in the NWA know a great tag team when they see one, and despite the fact that those two pretty boy sissies Taylor and Zenk forced a double count out last week, Bill Watts or whoever makes these types of decisions saw that this is the best team in the NWA and that they DESERVE the shot!"

Madril: "Whoa….easy Mamacita, I don't have an issue with it….I just got here. However, it's also very interesting that, your new singles wrestler is getting a Continental title match against Buddy Landel in his debut match this Monday night."

Martel: "Alberto….are you trying to insinuate something?"

Madril: "No! I'm not TRYING to insinuate anything…..I'm just coming out and saying it! (Super Ds start to come around Sherri's chair as she gasps) I'm saying that you must be the greatest manager in the world today!! Your oral skills must be top notch!"

Martel: "WHAT??"

Madril: "I mean your negotiation skills…..you're good at talking! That's all that I meant! You are the best at getting your men what they deserve!"

Martel: "Why thank you Alberto, and since you're being so complementary of my skills, I'm going to give the Fiesta Garden an exclusive and bring out my new wrestler who will be challenging Buddy Landel, here he is Adrian Adonis!"

(Adrian Adonis comes out in his leather jacket and biker hat looking a lot heavier than he has in the past)

Madril: "Wow, look at you Adrian…..you look like you're ready to be heavyweight champion!"

(Buddy Landel comes out carrying the Continental Championship, Sherri jumps out of her chair and stands in front of Adrian, Slinker gets between Buddy and Madril but Madril waves him off)

Madril: "Hey, look everybody it's the champion, Buddy Landel. I normally don't like surprise guests but as long as you don't start any trouble I'll allow it since we're selling tickets and promoting the 'Night of Champions' here."

Landel: "Well, I sure appreciate that Alvin, I really do. I just wanted to come out here to make Jerry Stubbs aware that I've cracked the case on the disappearance of Ronnie Gossett, it would appear that Adrian Adonis ATE him! Geeze Adrian, how many cows had to die to make that leather jacket?"

(Adonis acts like he's going after Landel but Sherri is quite easily able to 'hold him back')

Madril: "Take it easy, 'Naitch'…and it's Alberto, not Alvin. The Fiesta Garden is a happy place, we're not here to allow any trouble and I won't have you out here insulting my guests. I just won't have it!"

Sherri: "Buddy Landel, how dare you come out here during our interview time with our Alberto and insult the man who is going to beat you and take your title this Monday night in Huntsville! How dare you!?!"

Landel: "Take it easy Sherri, don't hurt yourself out here yelling at me, I know your jaw is probably sore from getting all these title shots for your boys. (Madril has to turn his back to the camera from laughing) Listen, I'm not here to start any trouble, I just came out here to tell Adrian here best of luck Monday night…….getting his fat ass up those ring steps…"

Madril: (through laughter) "That's it Landel, you're outta here! Ronnie do your job and get him out of here! (Landel is already leaving as Sherri and Adrian are beside themselves)  Sherri, Adrian, you masked guys….I just want to sincerely apologize for what just happened….next time we won't allow Landel out here unannounced. Thank you for coming on the show and I too want to wish you luck…(Adonis and Sherri look appalled) No, no I mean wish you luck in winning the title, the masked guys, I wish you two luck as well….not that you'll need it that's for sure. (Sherri, Adonis, and the Super Destroyers leave)  Well, Ron that was a lot of fun wasn't it?"

(Slinker just glares at Madril)

Madril: "See, I told you we'd have a good time! (crowd boos, Madril smiles) No, no folks there's no need to boo, Ronnie Boy had a great time despite the despicable actions of Buddy Landel, your so called champion. Next week our guest will be a man by the name of 'Wildcat' Wendell Cooley…I'm hoping this isn't a rib because surely no one has a name that stupid. (Crowd boos even more) I know, I know….I hope it's not a rib either but if it is we'll find a real guest…..so for 'the Walking Weapon' Ron Slinker, I'm 'the Great' Al Madril saying, Adios for now!"

=====================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Gordon runs down Monday's card in Huntsville, Alabama

Presents

NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS

Von Braun Civic Center

Huntsville, Alabama

Monday September 20, 1985

Bell Time: 7pm

MAIN EVENT

NWA World Heavyweight Championship

Magnum T.A.

vs.

"Mr. Continental" Jerry Stubbs

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

NWA World Tag Team Championship

Ted Dibiase/Steve "Dr. Death" Williams

vs.

The Super Destroyers w/Sherri Martel

NWA Continental Heavyweight Championship

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel

vs.

Adrian Adonis w/Sherri Martel

NWA Southeastern Championship

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes

vs.

Killer Khan w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

FOUR CORNERS MATCH

Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk

vs.

Akio Sato/Tarzan Goto w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

vs.

Johnny/Tommy Rich

vs.

Brad Armstrong/The Bullet

NWA World Jr. Heavyweight Championship

Eric Embry

vs.

Tom Prichard

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne)

vs.

The Galaxians (#1/#2)

THE PLEASUREDOME CHALLENGE

"Luscious" Lanny Poffo w/Woman & Man

vs.

Scott Armstrong's MYSTERY OPPONENT

Tyree Pride

vs.

"Dangerous" Davey Rich

=====================

MATCH #4

NWA Continental Tag Team Champions Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk defeated Rick Dagless/Lucian Sanchez when Zenk pinned Dagless with a sunset flip off the top rope

Post match: Joe Pedicino approaches Taylor and Zenk and asks what they think about having to defend against three other teams at 'Night of Champions'.  Taylor says the way it was explained to them, Sato/Goto beat the Dirty White Boys so they are considered top contenders, The Richs are former champs who never got a rematch so they are considered top contenders, and Brad Armstrong and the Bullet beat the Richs last week so that somehow makes them "top contenders" as well. Taylor says they are concerned, the deck has been stacked against them like this before and they've always rose to the occasion since winning these titles.

=====================

MATCH #5:

MAIN EVENT

GRUDGE MATCH

The Bullet

vs.

Tommy "Wildfire" Rich

Rich comes to the ring alone wearing a t-shirt that simply says, "Bullet = Bob Armstrong"

"Bad to the Bone" plays as the Bullet dances his way out to the ring in a white singlet and white mask with a black "B" on the front.  As the Bullet is almost to the ring, Johnny Rich comes running down the aisle at full speed and grabs the Bullet ramming him head first into the ring post! He starts to put the boots to him until Brad Armstrong comes running down and lays into Johnny Rich and starts fighting him up the aisle. 

Tommy Rich jumps out of the ring and tosses the Bullet into the ring, as the front of his white mask is completely red with blood, Rich tells the ref to ring the bell but he tries to check on the Bullet but he waves him off and tell him to ring the bell! The bell rings and the match starts, Tommy Rich just tears into Bullet and puts the boots to him and starts punching him in the head repeatedly! Rich tears at the mask, and punches him some more, Bullet's mask and white singlet is completely blood soaked at this point, Gordon Solie on commentary as says with this much blood, this match may not be able to be aired on TV.  Bullet rakes Rich's eyes and struggles to try and fight back but Rich just kicks him in the gut and then gives him a piledriver! Bullet is on the mat twitching, but Rich just stands over him covered in the Bullet's blood as well laughing at him….he refuses to go for the win, he picks the Bullet up again and gives him another piledriver! Rich just walks around the ring taunting the crowd as the Bullet is twitching on the mat…Steve Armstrong runs down to the ring and throws in the towel to stop the match….he slides in the ring and covers the Bullet.  Tommy Rich reaches in his tights and pulls out a chain and punches Steve Armstrong in the head with it.   Scott Armstrong comes running down with his arm in a sling and yells at the referee to "DO SOMETHING!!"  Then from out of nowhere, "Luscious" Lanny Poffo runs down and rams Scott shoulder first into the ring post and then locks him in the "PAINACLE" on the concrete floor as Tommy Rich has bloodied Steve Armstrong and is now back on the Bullet!

Solie: "This is just awful, we're officially out of time…..for Joe Pedicino, I'm Gordon Solie…saying tune in next week to find out the resolution to this and the results of 'Night of Champions!"

© 1986 Continental Championship Wrestling

ccwlogo.gif

I think I speak for everyone when I say i hope RPG is found unharmed.

Embry totally doesn't sound like a crybaby complaining about the fans calling him a crybaby. Looking forward to the match with Prichard.

Oh no! Luscious & crew have a falling out with Gordy...I mean Gordon. Whoever Scott picked had better come prepared.

The Dream takes it upon himself to announce Halloween Havoc & issue a open challenge... but first he has to survive Killer Khan!

The Fiesta Garden is back & just as hilariously irreverent as ever! Al's right Sherri's ora-er I mean negotiation skills are clearly unmatched! Adrian Adonis is a major challenger for Budro. But the thing I'm most excited about is Madril letting slip the return of the Starr Corporation! Yes! I remember being so excited about this during your last run.

Night of Champions is stacked to the rafters!

Love,Tommy's new shirt,so fashion forward that Rich.

What a way to take us off the air,The Armstrongs family massacre! And of course The Bullet gets caught in it too.

LOL! What a way to open the show. Poor Stubbs finally gets his world title shot only to be bothered by the disappearance of RPG. Budro claims he's innocent. I'm sure there will be more to come. 

Embry says he's the best in the world but Prichard might make him cry this Monday. 

It seems Gordy is falling out of favor with Woman and Luscious. Hmmmmm, I wonder who this man coming to the PleasureDome is? I'm loving what's going on in the Jr. division.  

Nightmares are coming back. They always had good runs in Continental. 

The American Dream cuts one of his classic promos and follows with an energetic win. However, everything get spoiled as Khan really does a number on him. 

Halloween Havoc! Bring it on! 

The Fiesta Garden returns! Oh how the game has missed Alberto. I hope Brenda Britton didn't see this LOL. I have to give a shout out to straight man Slinker. His presence adds quite a bit to the scene. Alberto, Slinker, Sherri, Super Ds, Adonis and Budro, all in the same place! What a coming home party for the Fiesta Garden. Alberto's right, that sold tickets. 

Did I catch a little attitude from Taylor? 

Another wild and chaotic scene to end the show. Oh man, the Rich's really bloodied up Bullet and Steve! Then Luscious does a number on Scott. After that, Scott might not make it back in 30 days. That was one heat filled ending. 

Awesome week Gene! Can't wait for Night of Champions! 

WOW.... week after week your promo skills amaze me.

The opening with Stubbs and Landel and wheeling Ronnie out.... Awesome.

Really good Eric Embry... like how he pointed out he is the best in the world.  He better be ready for Prichard.

Lanny... Woman... Solie.... really good.  I like how Solie is starting to bother Lanny.

WOW... the Fiesta Garden... between what was said, along with hot Sherri  (also hot Woman) I think CCW is going to be shown after the kids go to bed.

I enjoy your use of Ron Slinker.  Very creative.

WHAT A MAIN EVENT... PURE CHAOS!

Can't wait for night of champions

Gene back at home in his Continental sweet spot! This has always been the fed where you do your absolute best work, and this time is no different.

I am loving this Buddy Landel face run. It has that feeling of the late 80's Ric Flair face runs. Where you were so happy to be cheering for him, but at the same time you always had the feeling that the turn was inevitable and coming at any moment!! It's good stuff, and keeps us all wondering.

Your portrayal of the Rich clan is still one of the highlights of this game for me. Just the most dastardly of dastardly heels, which is made all the better by the fact that Tommy Rich is like the nicest guy on the planet in real life. Love the Medics stuff, and Rich nearly outing himself was brilliant.

Digging the pairing of Zenk and Taylor here, and the Super D's should make a nice long term feud for them.

and lastly, damn it's good to see the Fiesta Garden back on television!! Slinker has really added to his resume in the last 6 months! Alberto was fantastic as always! and the Starr Corp tease should lead to some interesting things coming up!!

Good Shit Brother!

ccwlogo.gif

Presents

NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS

Von Braun Civic Center

Huntsville, Alabama

Monday September 20, 1985

Bell Time: 7pm

Tyree Pride pinned "Dangerous" Davey Rich with a backslide and quickly got out of the ring as Rich has a complete meltdown afterwards!

vs.

Scott Armstrong's MYSTERY OPPONENT

After Poffo's big "Welcome to the PleasureDome" entrance, he gets in the ring and takes the microphone.

Poffo: "After the beating I put on Scott Armstrong on TV this week, he'll be lucky if he doesn't have to forfeit that belt he's so proud of…..but you can certainly bet he won't be showing his face here tonight to support his 'mystery opponent'.  So, whoever you are…..come on down!"

(After a few moments of anticipation, 'Imagine what I could do to you' blasts over the P.A. as "Exotic" Adrian Street and Ms. Linda make their way to the ring to the delight of all the fans in Huntsville! Once they get to ringside, Adrian takes the microphone)

adrian-590x755.jpg

Street: "Listen Lanny, you should stick to 'Leaping' because there is nothing 'Luscious' about you…..I'll tell you when you got on my radar, a few weeks ago someone called me and said that you claimed to be the most 'Exotic' wrestler in the world…..well, I can promise you 'Leaping' Lanny…..you haven't awoke to see the day that you can hold a candle to 'Exotic' Adrian and I've come here tonight to prove it to you and that little trollop you bring to the ring with you!"

Woman is appalled and acts like she's going to try and fight Adrian while Linda tries to go after Woman but Adrian holds her back.

"Luscious" Lanny Poffo w/Woman & Man pinned "Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda when Woman distracted the referee allowing Man to hit Street from behind with a big boot to the back of the head, allowing Poffo to hook a rolling cradle and get the pin. As Poffo/Woman/Man ran from ringside, Street grabbed the mic and promised "Don't you dare think this is over 'Leaping Lanny', we've only just begun, Sunshine!"

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) defeated The Galaxians (#1/#2) when Davis pinned #1 following a leg drop off the top rope

NWA World Jr. Heavyweight Championship

"Flamboyant" Eric Embry pinned Tom Prichard with a school boy and a handful of tights….After the match instead of the normal chant of "Crybaby"….the fans chanted "Cheater" at Embry who jumped up and down in the ring and stomped his feet screaming "SHUT UP!!" at the fans as he stormed out of the arena!

Before the next match started, Joe Pedicino came to the ring and announced to the crowd that due to injuries suffered on this week's TV show at the hands of the Richs, The Bullet would not be allowed to compete tonight and that Brad's brother Steve Armstrong would be stepping in to team with him tonight.

FOUR CORNERS ELIMINATION MATCH

Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk

vs.

Akio Sato/Tarzan Goto w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

vs.

Johnny/Tommy Rich

vs.

Brad/Steve Armstrong

First Fall:

Johnny Rich pinned Steve Armstrong with his feet on the ropes to eliminate the Armstrongs

Second Fall:
Terry Taylor pinned Akio Sato after a flying forearm to eliminate Sato/Goto

Third Fall:

Tommy Rich pinned Tom Zenk after hitting him with a chain while Davey came to ringside and distracted the ref to eliminate Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk and win the NWA Continental Tag Team Titles!!  Afterwards, Tommy Rich got on the mic as Davey strapped the championship belt around his waist after having already helping Johnny put on his.

Tommy: (laughing) "Champions again, baby! We are the greatest tag team in the world…and the Richs are the greatest wrestling family in the world and this just proves it once again! Bullet Bob, take a hint and stay home….retire!  If you come back to Continental, we're going to keep doing to you what we did to you on TV this week until you get the message and stay outta the ring! The Armstrongs suck…and so do all of you!!"

NWA Southeastern Championship

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes defeated Killer Khan by DQ when Dusty locked Khan in a figure four leglock prompting Sato/Goto to hit the ring and attack Dusty…..however the Dream was only triple teamed for a few moments until Magnum T.A. hit the ring with a baseball bat and cleaned house to the delight of the fans!

NWA Continental Heavyweight Championship

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel pinned Adrian Adonis w/Sherri Martel with a school boy roll up, after Sherri Martel got up on the ring apron and started flirting with Landel who started to make his way over but just as he was in Sherri's reach, Adonis charged but Landel side stepped him causing Adonis to crash into Martel knocking her to the floor and causing himself to get rolled up by Landel for the win!  Afterwards, the Super Destroyers rushed down to ringside. Super D #1 helped up Sherri while Super #2 got in the face of Adonis and just as things seemed to be about to get out of hand….cooler heads prevailed and they helped Sherri back to the dressing room.

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

NWA World Tag Team Championship

Ted Dibiase/Steve "Dr. Death" Williams defeated The Super Destroyers w/o Sherri Martel when Dibiase pinned Super D #1 with a small package, it was very clear that not having Sherri at ringside really through the Super Ds off their game tonight.

MAIN EVENT

NWA World Heavyweight Championship

Magnum T.A. pinned "Mr. Continental" Jerry Stubbs with a belly to belly suplex in a highly competitive match, after the match T.A. offered Stubbs a handshake....he hesitated then finally accepted which sort of baffled the fans who none the less gave them a standing ovation

A Rich throwing a fit is guaranteed to get the crowd going.

WOW! I never imagined Scott Armstrong bringing in Adrian Street. Ms Linda may be able to hold off Woman but Street may want to look into getting someone to keep an eye on Man.

A successful return for the Nightmares.

Like the crowd chanting "cheater" LOVE that Embry's response was to remind everyone that he's still a crybaby!

Oh boy! The Rich's are champions again. CCW is gonna have to hire extra security.

Rhodes has the title match well in hand but I.H.o.H saves Khan. Lucky Magnum has his trusty bat on hand.

Budro is wise to Sherri's tricks...or he just heard Adonis coming. Either way Adonis had better shape up! Especially since because of him, Sherri couldn't be there for the Super Ds.

Hmm...one night without RPG & Stubbs is remembering how to be a sportsman. Gonna keep an eye on this.

Night of Champions delivers big!

Wow!! There is so much potential in this Adrian Street vs Lanny Poffo feud. I can't wait to see where this goes!!

The Rich boys back with the belts! This feud with the Armstrongs is really heating up.

Landel outsmarts Adrian and Sherri! Potential trouble in Martel's little stable. Her oral skills might be needed to solve this!

Stubbs takes the L, but shows some respect to Magnum. Very interesting.

Good stuff in Continental!

The Pleasuredome Challenge was awesome.  I had a feeling it was Exotic Adrian coming out but it take anything away from the angle.  Awesome promo by the Exotic One.  This will be fun to follow in the coming weeks.

Great to see the Nightmares back home!

Embry finds away to keep his title but I liked how you had the CCW fans come up with new ways to get under the champs skin.... CHEATER!

I bet the fans were fuming when the Bullet couldn't go and the Rich's left with the belts.... I am just going to sit back and get ready for a wild ride!

Nice job of really showing the type of guy Magnum is as he jumps into the ring to help Dusty before he has to defend his world title.

I could see how Sherri's flirting could distract a man.  Will her group be able to get along... will be fun to watch.  Anyway, the belt stays on Buddy which will be sure to give us some great promos in the coming weeks.

The handshake to Stubbs.... very interesting move by T.A.... Can't wait to get more on this one.

Great show as always!

Tyree Pride has become quite a gem in this game. 

Adrian Street is back! Luscious gets the win thanks to Man. This feud has so much potential it's scary LOL. 

HAHAHAHA! Embry goes from crybaby to cheater. Poor guy can't catch a break.

The most hated team in the game is once again wearing gold. I'm sure the fans are going to give the Rich's a lot of love. Once again, I have to say, it's amazing how the Rich's are still getting this much heat. 

Dusty gets triple teamed but Magnum shuts that down quick with a baseball bat! 

Bad night for Sherri. First Budro gets one over on Adonis as Sherri takes a bump. Then without Sherri, the Super Destroyers come up short against NWA champs Dibiase and Williams. Looking forward to what Sherri does next. 

Hot main event for the NWA title. Stubbs gives Magnum a real run but the belly to belly prevails. The handshake was a pleasant surprise. 

Night of Champions delivers! 

ccw.jpg

Continental Championship Wrestling TV

Saturday September 25, 1986

Hosted by Gordon Solie

Ring Announcer: Freddie Miller

Interviewer: Joe Pedicino

From the Von Braun Center in Huntsville, Alabama

(Show opens with highlights from last Monday's 'Night of Champions' show in Huntsville- 'Luscious' Lanny getting the pin over his 'Mystery Opponent' Adrian Street thanks to interference from 'Man' (aka The Angel of Death), Buddy Landel pinning Adrian Adonis, Johnny/Tommy Rich winning the Continental Tag Team titles, Dusty Rhodes being triple teamed by Khan/Sato/Goto until Magnum makes the save with the baseball bat, Dibiase/Dr. Death retaining against The Super Destroyers, and Magnum T.A. defeating "Mr. Continental" Jerry Stubbs in a very competitive match and then shaking his hand afterwards….we then go to the opening montage and to the podium with world renown wrestling commentator, Gordon Solie!)

GordonCCW.jpg

Solie: "Hello and welcome once again to Continental Championship Wrestling, as you can see from those highlights, if you wasn't in Huntsville, Alabama for the Night of Champions you missed an amazing night of wrestling and speaking of, that's exactly what we've got in store for you here on this episode of Continental Wrestling and before we get to the ring and get the show started….(sighs) We have this VTR that I unfortunately have to air right now, this is the Richs in the locker room following their win for the Continental tag team titles."

(VTR- in the locker room moments after their title win in Huntsville- Davey, Johnny, and Tommy Rich are popping bottles of champagne to celebrate their win)

Johnny: Tommy….Davey, we told everybody that we'd get OUR belts back and we did just that tonight!"

Tommy: (laughs maniacally) "The first ever THREE TIME Continental tag team champions, baby! Bob Armstrong, you spent out most of your life savings to bring me back to Continental and what happened? First we beat you and sent you packing from the NWA! Then you put a stupid sock on your head and tried to come back and last week we injured you on television and put you out of the sport….you're done!  Armstrongs, we're done with ya, all of ya! Now, I'm sure Terry Taylor and Tom Zenk will get a rematch but we'll beat you boys just like we did tonight! (looks around) You know what's next for us boys? Them NWA World Tag Team titles! I've already been NWA World Champion, now we're going to add those World tag team titles to our resume, cause NOBODY is EVER going to take these Continental tag titles from us ever again! That's a promise and you know when the Richs say something…..you can take it to the bank, baby!"

(END VTR)

Solie: "Well there you have it, the Richs every bit as humble as you'd expect. Let's go to the ring and see the Nightmares in action!"

===================

MATCH #1:

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) defeated Jackie Daytona/Ray Purchase when Davis pinned Purchase after a leg drop off the top rope following a Tombstone from Wayne

===================

Solie: "I'd like to take a moment and talk about the NWA World title match that took place between Magnum T.A. and Jerry Stubbs last week…It was a great match and…." (Before Gordon can finish that sentence, Jerry Stubbs makes his way out to the podium)

Stubbs: "Pardon me for interrupting, Gordon but I'd like to talk about that match too.  You know, without Ronnie Gossett in my ear….I went into that match with a much different attitude than I've had in quite a while and to be honest it felt good…..I felt like my old self and I felt like I could win that title from Magnum without any help from Gossett, or Duke, or anybody…..the thing of it is Gordon Solie, I wrestled what might have been the match of my life…….and I still came up short, Magnum T.A. was the better man that night.  So, I don't know Gordon….maybe my best days are behind me…..maybe I can't cut it anymore. Maybe Gossett was right that I needed him to interfere to be able to win matches.  Maybe, I can't get it done anymore without cheating and doing things I'm not proud of…..and I don't know if I can live with that.  Maybe if I can't get it done in the ring without stooping to those levels, maybe I don't deserve to be in the ring anymore.  I've got a lot to think about Gordon Solie, and until I figure it all out…..you won't be seeing Jerry Stubbs around here anytime soon." (Stubbs turns and walks away)

Solie "Wow, not what I was expecting to hear from the man who deemed himself, 'Mr. Continental' and not to mention the former Mr. Olympia.  While I haven't liked what Ronnie Gossett brought out of him, I must admit…I enjoyed the glimpse of the wrestler we all know him to be this past week competing against Magnum T.A., I guess he does have a lot to consider. We'll be right back."

===================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

===================

MATCH #2:

"Luscious" Lanny Poffo w/Woman & Man defeated Randy Watson by submission with the "PAINacle"

(In the ring, Poffo demands a microphone)

Poffo: "Well Scott Armstrong, I guess the jokes on you! You sent your mystery opponent and I BEAT him and showed him just who the real 'Exotic' one in wrestling is! I don't think we'll be seeing that 'Luscious Lanny' wannabe around here anytime soon!"

(Suddenly..'Imagine what I can do to you' blasts over the P.A. and Adrian Street and Ms. Linda appear at the podium with Gordon Solie)

Street: "Honey, you can't be serious! I gave you the wrestling lesson of a lifetime in that match and the one and only reason you won is because that queen you bring out there with you that has the audacity to claim he's a 'man' , interfered and kicked me in the head."

Poffo: "Is that what you've come here to do, Street? Cry and make excuses??"

Street: "Oh no…no crying…..no excuses! You see it's simple, you have a pathetic half a man in your corner so I want a rematch this Monday, and to make things equal…since you have an alleged Woman, and a sad representation of a man in your corner…..this time I'll have Ms. Linda and a REAL MAN in my corner!"

Poffo: "First of all….Woman is ALL woman, and I can assure you that Man is ALL man! The kind of men you hang around couldn't handle either one of them!"

Street: "Oh, don't be so sure sunshine…….." 

(The lights in the arena go out……..and when they come back on…..the MONGOLIAN STOMPER is standing in the ring behind Poffo and friends! Street says, "look behind you, Luscious!" Poffo turns around and gets blasted by the Stomper, Man gets nailed as well! They quickly powder out and leave ringside as the fans chant, "STOMPER! STOMPER!")

Solie: "Well Adrian, you did it! The Mongolian Stomper is a real man if we've ever seen one!"

Street: "Damn right, let's see what happens when the odds are even this week!"

===================

COMMERCIAL BREAK: NWA Halloween Havoc comes to you on Sunday October 31st from the Omni in Atlanta, Georgia!!

===================

(Joe Pedicino is in the dressing room with Sherri Martel, Adrian Adonis, and the Super Destroyers)

Pedicino: "Sherri, I think it's safe to say that things didn't go the way you wanted them to in Huntsville last week."

Martel: "Yes, it's very safe to say! Look, Adrian screwed up and I've talked to him about it. He knows it's his fault that he didn't win the title from Landel and when he screwed up and laid me out, he essentially cost the Super Ds the World tag team titles."

Adonis: "Like I said, if you hadn't got up on the apron….none of this would've happened."

Martel: "Are we really going to do this AGAIN with Joe Pedicino standing here and a camera recording? Is that really what we're going to do right now?"

Adonis: "No….sorry Sherri."

Martel: "Thank you! Monday night, I've got the Super Ds an easy match to get them back on track and I've got you an easy match against some dumb cowboy. However, tonight is the night you can make it all up to me because I've got you guys signed to be in the main event against the Southeastern Champion Dusty Rhodes, the World Champion Magnum T.A. and whoever their new tag team partner is going to be!"

Adonis: "Who is the partner?"

Martel: "Adrian honey…..if I knew who the partner was going to be….don't you think I would have said who the partner is going to be?"

Adonis: "Why would you agree to a match when you don't know who all the opponents are?"

Martel: "I can't do this right now…..I just can't!" (turns to leave)

Adonis: "I'm sorry Sherri….we'll beat them….whoever it is.  Even it's Andre the Giant. (turns to the Super Ds) Crap, you don't think it's Andre the Giant do you?"

Pedicino: "Good luck guys."

===================

(We cut to Gordon Solie at the podium who has been joined by Dusty Rhodes and Magnum T.A.)

Magnum: "Well Dream, it appears Adrian Adonis is worried about who our partner is going to be."

Rhodes: "As well he should be Maggie…..as well he should be!"

Solie: "Well Dream, now is as good a time as any, how about you tell us who your partner is, which is not only for tonight's main event but also for Monday night in Mobile against Killer Khan, Sato, and Goto."

Rhodes: "In due time Gahdon……in due time. First of all I wanna thank my partner and friend, Magnum T.A. for coming to my aid when Killer Khan and Oliver Humperdink realized that jumpin' on was easier than jumpin off when it comes to tha Dream you unnastan?  So, they had to bring down tha troops if ya weel, with Sato and Gojo or whatever they're called stickin' their noses in…..well boys….if that's how you wanna play….then we gonna give ya all you can handle, baybay!  Now it's time to get funky like a monkey if ya weel! So Maggie, I got on tha phone and I called up a friend of ours……and asked him if he could have our back…and he said, 'Dream…you know I always got your back!!  So rather than me just tellin' ya who I'm talkin' about…..let's just bring him on out here!"

('Another One Bites the Dust' by Queen plays which brings out the JUNKYARD DOG as the crowd goes wild! Dog comes out and hugs Magnum and the Dream)

Solie: "Wow, welcome JYD…it's great to have you here in Continental Championship Wrestling!"

JYD: "Gordon Solie, I've been hearing about all the great things happenin' here in Continental so when the Dream called me up, I was more than happy to make my way back down south…cause Gordon you know just like I do…..every dog needs a bone to chew on and the Dog is gonna chew on all of Humperdink's gang of losers!"

====================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

====================

(Joe Pedicino is backstage in the interview area as he welcomes the returning Downtown Bruno)

Pedicino: "I'm joined by a man we haven't seen here in Continental in quite some time and that's none other than Downtown Bruno."

Bruno: "Well Joe Pedicino, I'd say you've lost weight since I last saw you but while I'm a cheater, I'm certainly not a liar."

Pedicino: "Wonderful to have you back Bruno…"

Bruno: "See, you're the liar Pedicino because I know you're not happy I'm back and you know what….I don't care.  Here's the deal, I have put together what may very well be the greatest tag team in the history of professional wrestling and I'm about to debut them here in just a few moments and of course I'm talking about the Desperados, "Killer" Tim Brooks and "Outlaw" Ron Bass!"

Pedicino: "I have to admit, that does sound like an impressive tag team."

Bruno: "Of course it does….we were just talking about how I'm not a liar! Get ready because not only am I bringing in the best tag team in wrestling! I've got another HUGE star coming in very soon…..you won't believe it Joe Pedicino! He's got it all and I know you want me to tell you who it is right now but I'm not! Cause like Mama says…it beez that way sometimes!"

-----------------------------------

MATCH # 3:

The Desperados ("Killer" Tim Brooks/"Outlaw" Ron Bass) w/Downtown Bruno defeated Parker Williams/Lonnie Jameson when Brooks pinned Williams after a neckbreaker

=====================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

=====================

(As we return from the break, Gordon is joined by CCW Champion Buddy Landel)

Solie: "I'm joined by the Continental Champion, 'Nature Boy' Buddy Landel and I wanted to get your thoughts on what we saw out here earlier from Jerry Stubbs?"

Landel: "You mean when he was out here blubbering like a teenage girl that just got her  period?"

Solie: "Come on Buddy, let's not be crass."

Landel: "What do you want me to say, Gordon? It was pathetic, the guy finally for the first time in his career has a decent match and now he has to go home and cry about it because his fat buddy has apparently ate himself to death somewhere and now he forgot to cheat."

Solie: "Well, I can see this is going nowhere fast, let's talk about your match last week with… (Suddenly 'Tennessee Stud' Ron Fuller appears at the podium)  Hold on a moment, Ron Fuller….what are you doing here? We haven't seen you in months."

Stud: "It's good to be back Gordon, first of all I'm sorry to just barge in like this but I haven't been able to get in contact with the champ here and this was the only way I knew to speak with him."

Landel: "We don't have anything we need to speak about Ron, shouldn't you be up in the Smoky Mountains somewhere?"

Stud: (smiling) "No, no my business is finished there and I'm bringing the Stud Stable back to Continental and who better to be the first recruit than the champion himself and my good friend, the one and only Nature Boy in wrestling that matters, Buddy Landel."

Landel: (smirks) "Boy, we're laying it on a little think aren't we Ronald?  Look, the last time I was in one of your 'Stud Stables', it did nothing for my career and I'm doing quite well on my own as you can see."

Stud: "There's certainly no argument to be made there, you're doing great! But you need people to watch your back, you need someone like me to negotiate for you and get you the most money possible!"

Landel: "That's hilarious! The only thing you would do is help TAKE my money and I don't need anybody watching my back."

Stud: "Well, Budro….if you're so sure and if you don't need anything then prove it! This Monday night, take on my brother Robert Fuller….you don't even have to put the title on the line, just face him in a match where if he beats you….then you join my stable, but if you pin him or make him submit, we'll leave you alone and you won't hear from us again."

Landel: "You know Gordon Solie, I guess if I was an emotional coward like Jerry Stubbs, I would run from the this challenge and go home to think about it….but you know what….I'm the champion and I'm the REAL Nature Boy….so Ron Fuller, you're on…sure I'll beat your goofy brother if that's what it takes for you to leave me alone….so you're on!"

Solie: "There you have it, Stud. Challenge answered."

Stud: (smiling wide) "It's good to be home, Gordon. It's good to be home! Now, if you'll excuse me, Rob is about to show Budro what he has to look forward to in Mobile this week!"

----------------------------------

MATCH #4:

Robert Fuller w/"Tn. Stud" Ron Fuller defeated Rick Dagless by submission with the 'Fuller Leglock'

=====================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Gordon runs down Monday's card for Mobile

Expo Hall

Mobile, Alabama

Monday September 27, 1986

Bell Time: 7:30pm

MAIN EVENT

SIX MAN TAG TEAM GRUDGE MATCH

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes

NWA World Champion Magnum T.A.

The Junkyard Dog

vs.

Killer Khan

Akio Sato

Tarzan Goto w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH

(If Landel loses, he loses the title and he must join the Stud Stable)

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel

vs.

Robert Fuller w/"Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller

NWA Continental Tag Team Championship-Return Match

Johnny/Tommy Rich w/Davey Rich

vs.

Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

vs.

Adrian Adonis w/Sherri Martel

RETURN TO THE PLEASUREDOME

vs.
"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda & "Real Man" (The Mongolian Stomper)

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne)

vs.

The Desperados ("Killer" Tim Brooks/"Outlaw" Ron Bass) w/Downtown Bruno

Larry Hamilton

vs.

Tom Prichard

Doug/Tommy Gilbert

vs.

The Super Destroyers (#1/#2) w/Sherri Martel

Tyree Pride

vs.

Tony Falk

=====================

(The camera pans over to a small stage with a cactus on each corner of the stage with a sombrero on top of each. A large pinata is hanging down right over the middle of the set, with two green director's chairs arranged in the middle with a large banner on the wall behind them that says 'FIESTA GARDEN' on it, we then cut to a smiling Al Madril)

Madril: "Hola Mi Amigos! Welcome once again to the highest rated pro wrestling interview show of ALL TIME, the one and only Fiesta Garden brought to you by our sponsor the Starr Corporation!  I'm your host, compadre, and role model, 'The Great' Al Madril! Of course you know we couldn't do the show without our head of security, former Police Officer, the thirty two time Karate Champion, the inventor and innovator of the Crane Kick, and two time winner of the Kumite…..the man who haunts Chuck Norris' nightmares…'the Army of One' Ron Slinker! (Slinker as always is sporting his red karate gi and looking unamused by the intro) Say hello, Ron!"

Slinker: (hesitates…shakes his head) "Hello Ron."

Madril: (doubles over with laughter) "This man is as entertaining as he is dangerous! Ronnie, you are truly a national treasure, never stop being you, my man. Now, as I mentioned last week….tonight's guest is a man who apparently calls himself 'Wildcat' Wendell Cooley."

(Cooley comes out in a cowboy hat, cowboy boots, jeans, and a western style shirt)

Cooley: "It's not what I CALL myself….it's my name…..you have a problem with that?"

Madril: (smiling, holding his hands up in a "calm down" motion) "I meant no disrespect Mr Cooley, now that I see this get up you have on, I get it."

Cooley: "This isn't a 'get up', these are my clothes, this is how I dress. Again, do you have a problem with that?"

Madril: (with his typical "who me?" look) "Look Wendell, I don't know why you've come out here with such obvious pent up hostility….perhaps you're having problems in your personal life…or maybe your cowboy hat is too tight and it's cutting off the blood flow to your brain but I don't have a problem with your silly name, or your ridiculous clothes…it's a free country and it's your right to come off like a Looney Tune character come to life….I would never take issue with that."

Cooley: "See, this is my problem. I've seen your little show before and I know this is the type of thing you do, you try to insult your guests and act like they are too stupid to realize it.  Well, I'm not stupid, Madril….I get your little insults and I'm not going to play your games so cut to the chase, why am I out here? What's the point to all this?"

Madril: (still with the 'who me' look) "Wildcat, I don't know where this hostility is coming from but quite frankly I'm insulted by it and Ron Slinker deserves better because this "little show" as you call it is the most watched pro wrestling talk show of all time and honestly you should consider yourself lucky to be on it! In fact, I'm starting to get a little hot here over the disrespect you're showing this show and Mr. Ron Slinker…..insult me all you want but don't disparage this show and the skills of 'Mr. Entertainment' Ron Slinker."

(Before Cooley can respond, last week's guests Adrian Adonis and Sherri Martel come out)

Madril: "Sherri, welcome back Mamacita!"

Martel: "Hey Alberto, I'm sorry to interrupt but we couldn't just sit back there while this dime store wannabe cowboy comes out here and disrespects your show!  Wendell Cooley, Monday night you have to face my man Adrian Adonis and he's got something to prove and he's going to do it by BEATING YOU!" (Sherri draws back to slap Cooley across the face but Cooley catches her arm….then kisses her right on the mouth, Sherri falls to the floor, Adonis swings at Cooley, but Cooley blocks it and drops Adonis with a big right hand, then storms off)

Madril: (helping her up) "Sherri, are you alright?"

Martel: (smiling and looking smitten) "Maybe I was wrong about that cowboy…" (Adonis grabs Sherri and leads her off the set)

Madril: (smirking and nodding his head) "Honestly, Ronnie…maybe I was wrong about Cooley too…..I just assumed he probably went to the same bars as Adrian Street but that was a smooth move. Oh well, thanks for joining us for another exciting edition of the Fiesta Garden, adios for now….say good night, Ron!"

Slinker: (seething) "Good night Ron."

(Madril smiles and waves to the camera as we fade to black)

=====================

MATCH #5

MAIN EVENT

SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHALLENGE MATCH

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes/Magnum T.A./The Junkyard Dog defeated Adrian Adonis/The Super Destroyers w/Sherri Martel when JYD pinned Super D #1 with the "THUMP" powerslam!

© 1986 Continental Championship Wrestling

Solie's reaction to the Rich's tape was perfect.

The Nightmares return to tv with a win.

Stubbs taking time to think somethings over. Good for him. 

Adrian Street & Mongolian Stomper. Now there's a pairing!

Man Adrian is whipped. The line about Andre was gold though.

Dusty,Magnum & JYD! Pretty sure that's a babyface holy trinity.

I'm liking the Desperados. Wonder who Bruno's other guy is?

The Fullers are back in CCW & The Stud is looking to recruit the champ! Can't say i blame him...even though Budro was being particularly petty tonight.

Am I the only one waiting for Slinker to murder Madril?

Damn! Cooley lays such a kiss on Sherri she couldn't help her boys win the main event!

What better way to kick off the show than with a Rich promo. Could it be the Rich's that finally dethrone Williams and Dibiase???

Stubbs cuts a very heartfelt promo. That match with Magnum really set him straight. 

Street couldn't of found a better man than Stomper to even the odds. This story is getting better and better. 

Sherri defiantly wants to keep her men in the main event spotlight. I agree with Adonis, Sherri mighty be getting in over her head. 

WOW! The surprises continue as Dusty announces JYD as their mystery partner. No doubt about it, JYD will be super over here.

Downtown Bruno is back! Love the Desperado team he put together. This just works. 

LOL! Budro makes fun of Stubbs as he continues his tweener role. Yet another surprise as Ron Fuller returns. Very interesting stipulation ahead. I have a feeling those Fullers have something up their sleeve. 

Mobile has a stacked card coming. "Return to the PleasureDome" says it all. 

I think Madril's introduction of Slinker might be my favorite part of his show. Oh man Cooley gives Sherri something to think about. This was classic 80s at its best.

Faces end the show on a high note. Dusty, Magnum and JYD is an all-star trio. Humperdink's men are in big trouble. 

While I am not a member of the NWA, I would like to throw my backing behind the Rich's getting a shot at the NWA World Tag Team Titles!!

Good to see the Nightmares back home where they belong.

Interested to see where you are going with Stubbs. The lost confidence angle could be a nice way to transition him back to being Olympia, or this could all just be a Gossett swerve....

When I said before that this Poffo/Street feud had so much potential, I didn't see the Mongolian Stomper showing up to counteract MAN's presence! WOW. That's a game changer!

The introduction of Adrian Adonis's Cuckold gimmick, followed by the debut of The Junkyard Dog is certainly two segments I never thought I would see back to back!! Dusty ain't fucking around when it comes to back up!!

Downtown Bruno shows back up and pairs Killer Brooks with Ron Bass, and the Desperado's are born! This is a great team!

Great segment between Buddy and Fuller. I have a feeling this is going to lead some very interesting things in the future! Looking forward to watching it play out!

Fantastic Fiesta Garden! "now that I see this get up you have on, I get it." popped me huge. Classic 80's ending as Cooley sexually assaults Sherri to the cheers of the audience! 

Huge main event see's Dusty and his boys pick up the win over Sherri's dysfunctional gang.

God Damn, this show was STACKED!!! Looking forward to seeing if the Expo Hall can top the TV!!

Very fun show to read as always!

Tommy Rich and cousins in the locker room shows that they are not only evil on camera but behi nd the scenes.  Good way to make them even more heelish then they are.  I'm interested to see who who might be next.... well at least to go with theArmstrongs and the Bullet.... Nightmares maybe.  It doesn't matter.... They are getting so much heat right now that they would be booed against Charles Manson.

Unsure which way you are going with Stubbs but I am enjoying it.  

Landel is walking a very fine line which also makes him so entertaining.  Between his dislike of Stubbs, The Studd Stable and RPG, you'd think he was big time babyface but then you listen to him and you think big time heel.  Really well done.

Really enjoying Luscious, Woman and Man vs Adrian and Linda and now add Stomper.  Great effect with the lights going out!  Was Stomper a babyface in CCW?  In Georgia, he was always a heel I believe but in Stampede he was a babyface for at least part of his time.

You can tell that Adonis wants to flip out on Sherri but then it is like he is under her spell.  I understand why on both sides... she is a woman.... already that frustrates most men but then you look at her and say...hmmmm.....  Sherri's group is going to have some TROUBLE.... JYD is back..... what a way to blow the roof off of CCW!  JYD is huge in any southern territory.  Poor Dusty might be unhappy when the loudest applause is not for him.

Awesome Fiesta Garden.... Adonis is in some deep trouble between Sherri, Cooley and the big three.  Cooley really stepped up to the plate with Sherri in the Fiesta Garden 

Expo Hall
Mobile, Alabama
Monday September 27, 1986
Bell Time: 7:30pm

Tyree Pride pinned Tony Falk with a crucifix

The Super Destroyers (#1/#2) w/Sherri Martel defeated Doug/Tommy Gilbert after Super D #2 pinned Doug after a super plex

Tom Prichard pinned Larry Hamilton with a backslide

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) wrestled The Desperados ("Killer" Tim Brooks/"Outlaw" Ron Bass) w/Downtown Bruno to a 20 minute time limit draw

RETURN TO THE PLEASUREDOME
"Luscious" Lanny Poffo w/Woman & Man fought "Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda & "Real Man" (The Mongolian Stomper) to a DOUBLE DQ when both Man and the Mongolian Stomper got involved while Woman and Ms. Linda were fighting as well!

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned Adrian Adonis w/Sherri Martel when Sherri got up on the apron and invited Cooley over for "another kiss", Cooley slowly made his way over….and just as he was in arm's reach of Sherri, Adonis charged Cooley from behind….Cooley side stepped but Adonis managed to stop short of crashing into Sherri this time but as he turned back around Cooley caught him with a kick to the gut, then hit the ropes and came off with a running bulldog to get the pinfall!

NWA Continental Tag Team Championship-Return Match
Johnny/Tommy Rich w/Davey Rich defeated Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk to retain the titles when Davey Rich distracted the referee allowing Johnny to hit Zenk with a chain and get the pin

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH
(If Landel loses, he must join the Stud Stable)
"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel defeated Robert Fuller w/"Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller by DQ when he had Fuller locked in the figure four leglock….and just as it appeared that Robert was about to give up, Jimmy Golden ran down and hit the ring…he and Ron Fuller beatdown on Landel and left him laying in the ring.  Ron Fuller grabbed the mic afterwards and said, "Yeah…Champ, I can clearly see you don't need anybody to watch your back but the good news is, you suck and we won't be recruiting you anymore for the Stud Stable!"

MAIN EVENT
SIX MAN TAG TEAM GRUDGE MATCH
"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes/NWA World Champion Magnum T.A./The Junkyard Dog defeated Killer Khan/Akio Sato/Tarzan Goto w/Sir Oliver Humperdink when JYD pinned Goto with the 'THUMP' powerslam….Dusty brawled with Killer Khan after the match and security and other wrestlers had to come down to separate the two. 

Humperdink got on the mic and said this needs to be settled. He suggested that Rhodes and Khan agree to face off in two singles matches over the course of the next two weeks. One being Dusty's specialty, the bullrope match, the other Khan's specialty, the Mongolian Stretcher match.  They can flip a coin on television this week to see which one they do first. Hump then laughed and said if the stretcher match is first…..there won't be a bullrope match because Dusty will meet the same fate as Tatsumi Fujinami.  They got the mic over to Dusty and he said that was fine, because no matter what kind of match it is he's going to "whip his ass and send him back where he came from!" The crowd popped big and that ended the night.