Pro Wrestling Only

Continental Championship Wrestling

GeneJackson95

The Haitian Sensation is seriously catching on here.

The Super Ds are back on track. Sherri should be pleased.

Prichard continues to gather steam.

The Desperados make a statement taking The Nightmares to the limit.

Chaos in the Pleasuredome!

Aaaaand there goes Sherri's good mood.

Whoever challenges the Rich cousins in the future may wish to consider finding a third guy to accompany them.

Ooh...tough night for Budro,gets his ass whooped AND misses out on a chance to join the new Stud Stable!

JYD hitting the "Thump" on Goto would be a sight to see. Humperdink's off to Rhodes is a exciting one. Looking forward to seeing if it bites him in the ass.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great show!  I loved the ending with Hump saying we need to see two singles matches between Khan and Dusty!  This brawl really sold some tickets.  People will be driving all over Alabama to follow this feud!

Nice bout with the Nightmares and The Desperados.  I bet both these teams rise up the ranks of CCW!

Nice booking with the Landel-Studd bout.  I was wondering why the Fullers really wanted Landel so badly but it seems the just wanted to prove a point.

I wonder what Sherri will make Adonis do now for his mistake!  Maybe cameras won't be allowed to film his punishment.  Great angle!

Luscious-Exotic Adrian might have the Alabama people cringing in their seats in 86 but they you give them Woman and Linda and everything is OK.  Really fun angle.

Pride could be working his way to a title shot very soon. 

Super D's and Prichard get back on the winning track.

I like the draw between Nightmares and Desperados. Keeps both teams strong. I can see a good storyline here.

Chaos in the Pleasuredome! Oh yea, this means we're going to get more! 

LOL, poor Adonis. Him and Sherri just can't get it together. Cooley defiantly has his act together. 

Rich's take the rematch, thanks to Davey and a chain. After a solid run, I wonder what's next for Zenk and Taylor?

Stud Stable are back at full strength. A Landel/Stud Stable feud is going to be Continental gold. 

The All-Star face trio get the win! However, what happens next is a big story. Dusty and Khan in  bullrope and stretcher matches. My goodness I can't imagine how this is going to go down.  

Sorry, I've been out of town this weekend, finally got my show finished and able to post....I'll get caught up on feedback over the next couple of days---Thanks, Gene

Continental Championship Wrestling TV

Saturday October 2, 1986

Hosted by Gordon Solie

Ring Announcer: Freddie Miller

Interviewer: Joe Pedicino

From the Expo Hall in Mobile, Alabama

(The show opens with some brief highlights from last Monday in Mobile, the closing moments of the 20 minute time limit draw between the Nightmares and Downtown Bruno's Desperados, Tommy/Johnny Rich successfully defending the CCW Tag Titles against former champions Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk by Johnny using a chain, Jimmy Golden and Ron Fuller hitting the ring and attacking Buddy Landel as he had Robert Fuller locked in a figure four leglock and the post match challenge to Dusty Rhodes by Sir Oliver Humperdink where he proposed that Dusty and Khan need to face off in each of their specialty matches in consecutive weeks….the Bullrope Match for Rhodes and the Mongolian Stretcher Match for Khan and that they will flip a coin to decide which match will happen first…..we then go to the opening montage and then to the podium with Gordon Solie who is joined this week by a familiar face as co-host!)

Solie: "Hello and welcome once again to Continental Championship Wrestling, I'm Gordon Solie and it's my pleasure to be joined tonight by the man many consider to be the voice of not only Southeastern Wrestling but at one time Continental Wrestling as well, of course I'm referring to Charlie Platt."

Platt: "Thanks Gordon, I can't tell you what an honor it is to be out here with you tonight calling the action and it's great to back here with all the great Continental Wrestling fans!"

Solie: "Well, I know the fans are equally excited as I am to have you here and we have another exciting show tonight, we just saw some highlights from last Monday night where…."  (Before Gordon can finish…all three of the Richs come out to the podium, all three are wearing t-shirts that read, "Future World Champs")

Tommy: "Charlie Platt, I'm glad to see you were able to get the night off from scrubbing truck stop toilets to be here tonight."

Solie: "Ok Tommy, have some respect, you know good and well that Charlie works on television down in Dothan."

Johnny: "I think you meant, 'works on televisions' down in Dothan." (All three Richs laugh)

Platt: "Well Gordon, I see nothing has changed."

Tommy: "Nope, we're still as great as ever….but I'll tell you what IS about to change, the NWA finally pulled their head out of their a**** and have agreed to give us an NWA World Tag Team title match this Monday night in Birmingham, so you are looking at the soon to be World Champions!"

Solie: "Are you guys really that confident that you can dethrone Ted Dibiase and 'Dr. Death' Steve Williams, a team that NO ONE has been able to beat for those titles since March of this year despite they've taken on any and all challengers from across the NWA?"

Johnny: "Big deal, Gordon!  They've only held those titles since March because they haven't faced us!"

Tommy: "Damn right! If we would have gotten a shot before now, we would've won 'em before now…..but that's just fine, we'll win 'em on Monday night.  Oh..and Charlie Platt, let me bring you up to speed, we retired Bob Armstrong, he tried to come back with a mask and we beat him up so bad he's had to retire as the Bullet too, he's just too gutless to admit it to anybody!"

Platt: "Oh believe me, I've watched every episode of Continental while I've been gone and have been keeping up with your exploits, every time I think you guys can't stoop any lower…you somehow manage to dig a little deeper and get there."

Johnny: "You expect us to believe they let you watch the show while you've been off in rehab trying to get off the sauce….we all know that's where you've been."

Platt: "For Pete's sake, I don't even drink."

Tommy: (laughing) "Hey, and neither do we huh, Gordon! That's hilarious Platt….but seriously, admitting you have a problem is the first step. (puts his hands together) We'll be praying for your recovery." (laughs hysterically)

Solie: "Ok, that's quite enough you three. We've got a match to get to. (The Richs leave laughing) Charlie, you hit the nail on the head…..they haven't changed a bit, in fact they may be even worse."

Platt: "I don't know Gordon, did you see that Von Erich skit they did before the David Von Erich Memorial Tournament?"

Solie: "Yeah…..point taken.  We've got some big stuff happening tonight. The Nightmares will face the Desperados in a rematch in our main event tonight, we'll have the coin toss to see which match will be first between Dusty Rhodes and Killer Khan, Les Thatcher has a couple of announcements, and I find it interesting that Al Madril says he has a guest in the Fiesta Garden tonight that will shock everybody."

Platt: "Oh my lord, I can't even imagine who that could be."

Solie: "Nor can I, let's go to the ring for our opening bout."

===================

MATCH #1:
"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda & the Mongolian Stomper defeated Jackie Daytona by submission with a 'Boston Crab'

(Post match: Adrian/Linda/Stomper join Charlie Platt in the interview area)

Platt: "Adrian, I don't know a nice way to say it….last week, all hell broke loose at the end of your match with Lanny Poffo, the women were fighting, Man and the Stomper were fighting and the ref had to throw it out."

Street: "Well first off Charles, let me just say it's good to see you back here. Second, let me say that Les Thatcher came to me after the show last Monday and said how can we keep everyone from getting involved if we do a rematch?  I said, why would we wont to do that? If everyone wants to fight, let them fight! That being said, this Monday night it's going to be a mixed six person tag match….myself, Ms. Linda, and the Stomper against Lanny Poofer, his alleged Woman, and his half a Man."

Platt: "Wow, I don't know if that sort of match has ever happened before?"

Street: "I don't either and when the three of us get through with the three of them….I don't think they will ever want it to happen again!"

======================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

======================

(As we return from the break, Les Thatcher has joined Gordon at the podium as well as Scott Armstrong whose shoulder is bandaged up and his arm is in a sling)

Solie: "Les, I'd like to welcome you and the current NWA U.S. Jr Heavyweight Champion Scott Armstrong to the show, though I wish it was under better circumstances."

Thatcher: "I wish it was too, Gordon but…"

Scott: "Let me stop you right there, Mr. Thatcher.  I know why I'm out here. For those that don't know, my shoulder was injured a few weeks back initially by Lanny Poffo….it wasn't good but it wasn't that serious. I was later attacked by Eric Embry after a match with a chair that made things worse.  I was later attacked at ringside on TV a couple of weeks ago by Poffo again and at that point my shoulder was pretty seriously injured.  Due to that injury, I had to undergo surgery in Birmingham a few days ago and the good news is they were able to repair it, but it will be a few weeks before I'm cleared to wrestle again which will put me way past the thirty day limit to defend the title, so rather than you having to strip me of the title, I'm going to surrender the title to you now with the agreement that I'll get a rematch for it as soon as I'm able to return."

Thatcher: "Absolutely Scott, I appreciate this gesture and I appreciate the Armstrong family and the class you all bring to our great sport that could certainly use some when you have people like Poffo and the Richs running around here."

Scott: "I'm glad you mentioned that Mr. Thatcher, I heard Tommy Rich out here earlier once again shooting his mouth saying he retired the Bullet. Well, I happen to know the Bullet, he's been somewhat of a mentor to me and my family and I can tell you one things for sure, Tommy Rich….you haven't seen the last of the Bullet, and just know that even when you don't see him…..he sees you….and he'll see you soon." Scott shakes hands with Solie and Thatcher and walks away)

Thatcher: "Again, I appreciate Scott and his professionalism. We will have a twelve man tournament this Thursday night October 7th in Columbus, Mississippi at the Lavendar Coliseum to crown a new U.S. Jr. Champion."

Solie: "I also understand there's a new championship being added which will be unique in how it gets defended."

Thatcher: That's true, to add some excitement to the TV show and to shake things up a bit, we're adding the Continental Television Championship. It will be defended EVERY week via a lottery drawing on television….meaning each week EVERYONE on the Continental roster, even guys who hold other championships including the Continental title, will be given a number, we have a machine similar to what they use to draw lottery numbers with and whatever number comes up, the person who has that number will be the challenger for the TV title.  Next week will be a match to crown the first champion so BOTH names will be pulled lottery style."

Solie: "Wow, that should be interesting to follow each week and it will really keep the champion on their toes as they will have no clue who to prepare for going in."

Thatcher: "Exactly, just another way we are working to make things fun and exciting for the fans of CCW."

Solie: "Thanks for joining us, Les but it's time to go back to the ring."

======================

MATCH #2:
Adrian Adonis w/Sherri Martel defeated Parker Williams after Sherri attempted to trip Williams causing him to turn around to confront her which allowed Adonis to lock him in a sleeper for the win.

Post Match: Joe Pedicino comes down to ringside and asks Sherri if there is any dissention among her camp. Sherri said, "Not among the camp, we just need Adrian to get it together and stop lasing matches."  She then informs Adrian she has gotten a rematch signed for Monday night between him and Wendell Cooley and that this time he "better get the job done"

======================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

======================

(As we return from the break, Charlie Platt is in the middle of the ring….to his left stands Dusty Rhodes along with JYD and to his right is Sir Oliver Humperdink, Killer Khan, along with Akio Sato and Tarzan Goto)

Platt: "Gentlemen, I'd like to remind you that Les Thatcher has stated that if there is ANY trouble out here during this time, everyone involved will be fined and suspended."

Humperdink: "Don't worry Charlie Platt, we don't need to do anything to these two tonight because Monday night, Killer Khan will destroy Dusty Rhodes once and for all and Tarzan Goto will handle the Junkyard Dog!"

Rhodes: "That's enough talkin' flip dis coin and let's get down to bidness!"

Platt: "That's sounds good to me Dream.  We're going to go heads for the Bullrope Match, tails for the Mongolian Stretcher Match."

Humperdink: "Wait…wait….wait! We didn't agree to that….we want heads for the Mongolian Stretcher Match!"

Platt: "Dream, do you agree to that?"

Rhodes: "Whatever….it's a coin toss. Yes, just flip da coin, Chuck."

(Platt flips the coin)

Platt: "Tails….that means this week will be the Texas Bullrope Match."

Humperdink: "No..no..no! We had tails first it's the Stretcher Match!"

Rhodes: "NO! You wanted heads you got heads! Tell yo boy in Mongolianese that Dusty Rhodes is gunna whip his a** in pu'lic this Monday night in da Bullrope Match…and if that  ain't enough I'll whip it again next week and put 'em on a stretcher!"

Platt: "There you have it Gordon, looks like we'll be having a Texas Bullrope Match this Monday night in Birmingham!"

=======================

MATCH #3:

The Junkyard Dog pinned Sammy Hall with a 'THUMP' powerslam

=======================

(The camera pans over to a small stage with a cactus on each corner of the stage with a sombrero on top of each. A large pinata is hanging down right over the middle of the set, with two green director's chairs arranged in the middle with a large banner on the wall behind them that says 'FIESTA GARDEN' on it, we then cut to a smiling Al Madril)

Madril: "Hola Mi Amigos! Welcome once again to the highest rated pro wrestling interview show of ALL TIME, the one and only Fiesta Garden brought to you by our generous sponsor, the Starr Corporation!  I'm your host, compadre, and role model, 'The Great' Al Madril! Of course you know we couldn't do the show without our head of security, former Police Officer, the thirty seven time Karate Champion, innovator of the Crane kick, and two time winner of the Kumite…the reason why Charles Bronson has a 'Death Wish'……'the real life Terminator' Ron Slinker! (Slinker as always is sporting his red karate gi and looking even more unamused by the intro) Say hello, Ron!"

Slinker: (seething) "Hello Ron."

Madril: (face is red with laughter) "The way you play it so angry, just makes it…..I love you for that, can we please get a round of applause for Ron Slinker. (The crowd boos heavily- the smile leaves Madril's face for a moment) You people wouldn't know entertainment if it roundhouse kicked you in the face….and with Ron, it could happen…don't test him! (the smile returns)  Ladies and Gentlemen….and Charlie Platt. Tonight is going to be an epic episode of the Fiesta Garden….in fact tonight is going to be a 'feel good' story as we say in the TV biz.  You see for weeks, everyone has searched for this man….thousands of tears have been shed….mostly by Jerry Stubbs but thousands none the less.  Ladies and Gentlemen, yes…your amigo has done the impossible……you can all rest a little bit easier tonight….because here he is…..the one and only……RONNIE P. GOSSETT!!"

(Gossett comes walking out sans wheel chair to a loud chorus of boos)

Madril: "Ronnie, thank God you're alright my friend!" (shakes Gossett's hand)

RPG: "Yeah, I'm fine…no thanks to Les Thatcher or any of these incompetent goofs with Continental Wrestling."

Madril: "Well Ronnie, let's be honest you seem more than fine….you're healed! Look at you able to walk again! So, tell us….what happened? where have you been?"

RPG: "First of all just let me say, that it was never my idea to go back into managing. I was doing a great job helping host this show, which quite frankly it needed and still does.  I mean lord knows Gordon Solie, the Foster Brooks of professional wrestling could use the help…and now I see they have that goof Charlie Platt back….it's like Continental Wrestling is hosted by Bartles and Jaymes.  Anyway, I was roped into managing again by Buddy Landel and of course you know how things turned out with him….and then next thing I know I get injured and have to be in a wheel chair, Blackjack Mulligan just up and leaves, Ron Bass loses the Southeastern title, my bodyguard Duke Myers gets ran out of town, and everything was just going to Alabama in a handbasket."

Madril: "I think you meant Hell in a handbasket."

RPG: "Yeah, what did I say?"

Madril: "Ohhh, Alabama…same thing. I got it."

RPG: "Exactly, anyway…..when Buddy Landel rolled me out the back door of that building that night I just kept on rolling and didn't look back. I was officially done with managing and I was sick of being stuck in that wheel chair so I left everything behind and got back in the gym."

Madril: "BACK in the gym, you say?"

RPG: "Yeah, I've worked really hard to get back in shape again."

Madril: (covering his face trying to hide his laughter) "Well, clearly you've gotten yourself back in peak physical condition, without question."

RPG: (cuts his eyes at Al) "I'm not saying I'm where I want to be, I'm just saying I'm out of the wheel chair and I'm on the road to getting back In shape."

Madril: "But you're done with managing?"

RPG: "I am….however, the reason I chose to make my return here on your show is because I knew that there's some people out there who need to be dealt with."

Madril: "And who are you referring to?"

RPG: "I'm not going to get into that right now, Al…..but I knew someone needed to pick up where I left off…..I knew it had to be a man of means, someone with money, someone with power, and someone relentless who wouldn't stop until Continental was rid of these people…..so with that being said, there was only one man I knew I could call that fit the bill."

Madril: "Well, don't keep us in suspense……who is it?"

RPG: "He's the richest man I know…..in fact the sponsor of this very show!"

Madril: (smiles even wider) "You mean???"

RPG: "That's right, Al! 'Senor Denero' himself….Mr. Chicky Starr!!"

(Chicky Starr comes out wearing a white suit looking very much like Tony Montana with a mustache and shakes hands with both Gossett and Madril)

Madril: "Welcome Chicky!! It's great to see you and have you on the show!"

Starr: "Hola, thanks for having me Alberto….here's a little something for your trouble. (slips Al a few hundred dollar bills) Ronnie, you called the right guy, amigo.  I promise you that I already have some things in the works and when you see who I've managed to sign to the Starr Corporation, you won't believe it! I hate to keep things so brief but I do have a very important meeting that I have to attend but again, thank you for having me Alberto and Ronald, I will talk to you soon, amigo…please, have a little something that I hope will take care of those gym fees." (He slips Gossett a thick envelope and then turns and leaves)

Madril: "Mr. Gossett, you've certainly made this the greatest Fiesta Garden ever by not only YOU being on the show but surprising us with Chicky Starr! What an amazing show! Thank you and I hope to see you back hosting the show again real soon."

RPG: "Thanks for having me but I've got to get back to the gym."

Madril: (covering his face again) "Alright my friend, we'll let you get back to it. (Gossett leaves) Slink, while I bow to you as the most entertaining man on television today, you really had to enjoy that gym bit from Ronnie P. Gossett."

(Slinker stares through Madril)

Madril: "How do you feel about 'Slink' as your new nickname? I feel it sounds tougher than 'Ronnie Baby'…..thoughts?"

(Slinker glares at him like he's trying to kill him with his eyes)

Madril: "I know I'm digging it. Well, I’m afraid we're out of time so it's time to say goodnight, Ron." (Smiles wide and points over to him)

Slinker: (through gritted teeth) "Goodnight Ron……"

Madril: "Perfection! Adios from the Fiesta Garden."

(Madril waves to the camera as we go to commercial)

=========================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

MATCH #4:

The Stud Stable (Ron & Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden) defeated Eddie Wilson/Ronnie Jenkins/Bill Gillespie when Ron Fuller made Wilson submit to the 'Fuller Leglock'

(Buddy Landel has joined Gordon Solie at the podium)

Solie: "I'm joined by Continental Champion, Buddy Landel. Last Monday it appeared you had Robert Fuller ready to submit to your figure four leglock when Jimmy Golden and Ron Fuller hit the ring and attacked you, leaving you laying in the ring after being outnumbered."

Landel: "Well Gordon, of course he was about to submit because everyone knows my figure four leglock is far superior to their stupid 'Fuller Leglock'……and of course those two hit the ring because they knew before brother Rob even left the dressing room that there was no way in the world Robert Fuller could beat the 'Nature Boy'……so they knew that it was just a matter of time before they'd have to interfere to save his hide."

Solie: "Buddy, it appears that The Fullers and Jimmy Golden have joined Charlie Platt down in the ring, let's see what they have to say and then we'll get your response."

(In the ring- Charlie Platt holds the mic for the "Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller)

Ron: "Buddy Landel, you know damn good and well that you couldn't beat any of the three of us one on one, we just came down to teach you a lesson about the fact that you don't have any allies around here…..you're all alone so you'd be better off joining the Stud Stable but now, you've proven yourself to be such a delusional loser…we don't want you in the Stable!"

Landel: "I tell you what, since I don't have any friends and it's just little ol' me all alone…..how about I come down to that ring and just whip all three of you….right here…right now!"

Robert: "I guess that peroxide has seeped into your pea brain, Landel…..You can't handle us one on one so you darn sure can't handle us three on one….but if you want to get your brains beat in right here on television then just like the man says on the Price is Right…..Buddy Landel, COME ON DOWN!"

(Platt leaves the ring as The Fullers and Jimmy Golden get in a fighting stance….Buddy Landel tells Gordon Solie to watch his title belt and he heads down to ringside……Buddy stops just short of the ring and grabs the ring announcers microphone and whistles in to it loudly…..as all three members of the Stud Stable come and lean over the top rope to taunt Landel, from the other side of the ring two men slide under the bottom rope and crack the Stable across their backs with steel chairs!)

Solie: "OH MY GOODNESS! That's 'Superstar' Bill Dundee and 'Dirty' Dutch Mantell!!"

(The Fullers and Golden roll out to the floor as Landel slides into the ring and high fives Dundee and Mantell)

Landel: "Actually Fuller, I do have some friends, I just had to give them a call."

Dundee: "What's the matter boys? You don't seem so eager to fight when the odds are even…..get back in here!"

Mantell: "If there's one thing I know about a stable it's this….unless you clean it up, it's usually full of crap! I've never seen three bigger pieces of crap in all my life!"

Golden: "Put down those chairs, tough guys and we'll come in there!"

(Dundee/Mantell toss the chairs out of the ring….after a few moments of bickering, the Stable comes in the ring and the brawl is on! It goes back and forth for a few moments until Landel and company started to get the better of them and then the Stable quickly retreated back to the dressing room…..Landel got between Dundee and Mantell and raised their hands which got an ovation from the crowd)

(We cut back to the podium where Charlie Platt has rejoined Gordon Solie)

Solie: "Charlie Platt, I have to say…..it feels a bit odd to hear the fans cheering the trio of Buddy Landel, Bill Dundee, and Dutch Mantell."

Platt: "Gordon, I have to agree with you….I feel like I've returned to some sort of bizarro world here in some ways, but I will say this….I look forward to seeing that match happen."

Solie: "Funny you should mention that, Charlie as I've just been handed a revised card for this Monday night in Birmingham. Let's run that down right now."

======================

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, Alabama

Monday October 4, 1986

Bell Time: 7:30pm

MAIN EVENT

TEXAS BULLROPE MATCH

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes

vs.

Killer Khan w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

NWA World Tag Team Championship

Ted Dibiase/"Dr. Death" Steve Williams

vs.

Johnny/Tommy Rich w/Davey Rich

SIX MAN TAG TEAM GRUDGE MATCH

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel

"Dirty" Dutch Mantell

"Superstar" Bill Dundee

vs.

The Stud Stable

"Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller

Robert Fuller

Jimmy Golden

REMATCH

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

vs.

Adrian Adonis w/Sherri Martel

Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk

vs.

The Super Destroyers (#1/#2) w/Sherri Martel

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH

The Junkyard Dog

vs.

Tarzan Goto w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

MIXED SIX PERSON TAG MATCH

"Exotic" Adrian Street/Ms. Linda/Mongolian Stomper

vs.

"Luscious" Lanny Poffo/Woman/Man

Tom Prichard

vs.

Tyree Pride

==================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

==================

MATCH #5:

MAIN EVENT

The Desperados ("Killer" Tim Brooks/"Outlaw" Ron Bass) w/Downtown Bruno defeated The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) when Bruno got on the apron and distracted the ref and Ken Wayne when Davis had Brooks pinned, allowing Bass to take off his cowboy boot and hit Davis in the back of the head with and roll Brooks on top of Davis….Bruno got off the apron and the referee turned back around in time to make the 1-2-3!!

© 1986 CONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING

Gotta be honest,from what I've seen of him online I'm not too impressed by Platt but you make him interesting. Good to see him & Gordon team against the Rich's.

Looking forward to the 6 person tag in Birmingham.

Sad to see Scott have to give up his title,smart of him to get a guarantee of a rematch. On the bright side,the Continental Television Championship sounds like a fun addition.

Adonis is getting a second chance...I hope for his sake he doesn't blow this one too.

Damn! Humperdink gets too combative for his own good.

I Don't know what to say except...BEST FIESTA GARDEN EVER!!!

Budro found himself some friends! 

Bruno pays dividends for his Desperados. This feud with The Nightmares could be huge.

Onwards to Birmingham!

Really good show this week as the angles continue to move forward.

On paper, Wildfire and Johnny Rich have no shot at Dibiase and Dr. Death but they are the Rich cousins.... anything is possible.  Great interview with them!

I agree with AD... Platt seemed a little boring in real life but you make him really good!

CCW seems to be the home of the Jr Heavyweights... looking forward to the tournament.

Looking forward to the Adonis-Cooley match.... this could be huge moving forward and I can't wait to see which way you go.

The coin toss segment was really well done. Looking forward to these two special matches with Dusty and Khan.

You writing for RPG is very entertaining.   Glad he is back.

The Fullers vs Buddy and his pals is going to be fun.  Add that to the Armstrongs vs The Rich's and you have feuds that can last forever.

The return of Charlie Pratt gets overshadowed by the Rich's. LOL, this just had to happen. 

Street puts together the match we all wanted. It's going to be chaos at its best. 

Scott was a true pro here. One good thing that comes from this is an exciting Jr. title tournament. 

Lottery drawings for a TV title shot, love it! We're in for something exciting week after week. 

Adonis better have it together or he might feel the wrath of Sherri. 

Humperdink should of kept his mouth shut. Dusty wins da coin toss. First up...bullrope match! 

What a Fiesta Garden! Another classic "Slink" introduction, the return of RPG and of course the introduction of the man behind it all, CHICKY STARR! Watch out Continental, this is a game changer! 

Things get even more crazy as Landel brings out Dundee and Dutch to brawl with the Fullers! Yet another main event type angle. 

Bruno makes sure his Desperados get the win tonight. 

Great show! So many hot feuds and new storylines. 

Boutwell Auditorium 

Birmingham, Alabama 

Monday October 4, 1986 

Bell Time: 7:30pm 

Tom Prichard pinned Tyree Pride with a handful of tights after Pride hit him with a flying crossbody off the top rope but Prichard managed to roll through for the reversal and hooked the tights without the ref noticing. Prichard got some boos from the fans as he left ringside for cheating to defeat the popular "Haitian Sensation" 

MIXED SIX PERSON TAG MATCH 

"Exotic" Adrian Street/Ms. Linda/Mongolian Stomper defeated "Luscious" Lanny Poffo/Woman/Man when Stomper pinned Man after a boot to the head. After the match Poffo took the mic and congratulated Street on "finding someone big enough to pin "Angel"….but that doesn't change the fact you couldn't pin ME or make ME submit on your best day!" Street got on a different mic and said, "You may have a point that it wasn't hard to find someone who could beat your 'so-called Man' however that doesn't solve anything between us…..so, I propose that we have a fight….one on one….leave the other men and the ladies in the back, then you and I can go at it and we'll just see who pins or submits who!" 

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH 

The Junkyard Dog pinned Tarzan Goto w/Sir Oliver Humperdink with the "THUMP" powerslam, after the match….Akio Sato hits the ring and jumps JYD but ends up getting "THUMPED" as well 

The Super Destroyers (#1/#2) w/Sherri Martel defeated Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk when Sherri tripped Zenk allowing Super D #1 to get the pin 

REMATCH 

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley defeated Adrian Adonis w/Sherri Martel by count out due to Adonis arguing with Sherri out on the floor after she called him out there to berate him for how he was handling the match, Cooley blew Sherri a kiss as he left the ring…Sherri giggled like a school girl then turned her attention back to Adrian and berated him some all the way down the aisle for screwing up and getting counted out 

SIX MAN TAG TEAM GRUDGE MATCH 

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel/"Dirty" Dutch Mantell/"Superstar" Bill Dundee fought The Stud Stable ("Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller/Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden) to a 'NO CONTEST' when all six men started brawling in the ring and the referee could not restore order…after the match was thrown out…security/local police and other wrestlers had to come out and break up the melee 

SEMI-MAIN EVENT 

NWA World Tag Team Championship 

Ted Dibiase/"Dr. Death" Steve Williams 

vs. 

A hard hitting match that saw Dibiase/Williams try to keep the pace moving quickly, and the Richs constantly trying to slow things down to make it easier to cheat….after 28 minutes of action, Davey Rich went around to where Dr. Death was on the apron and spat at him….Williams jumped down off the apron and commenced to chasing him! Meanwhile, Dibiase had Tommy Rich in a sleeper, while the referee was briefly distracted by Williams going after Davey….Johnny wrapped a chain around his fist and jumped off the top rope punching Dibiase in the back of the head with the chain before sticking it back in his trunks….he rolled Tommy on top of Dibiase and then got the referee's attention who dropped down and counted ONE….TWO…..THREE!!! OH MY GOD!! We have new NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!! The Richs have done it!! (The Fans are nearly ready to riot, the negative reaction is deafening) Williams realizes what has happened and jumps in the ring to check on Dibiase! The Richs have both the Continental tag title belts AND the NWA World tag team title belts draped over their shoulders……The Bullet has come down to the ring and is telling referee Mac McMurray what just happened…..Mac goes over and demands that Johnny pull the chain out of his trunks. Les Thatcher comes to ringside and said that he was watching from up in the Press Box, at the suggestion of the Bullet and he saw everything and was just now able to get all the way down to the ring….he confirms that Johnny Rich used a chain so the referee REVERSES the decision and gives the belts back to Dibiase and Williams!! (The fans roar…not so much in support of Dibiase/Williams but mostly because the Richs cheating backfired thanks to the Bullet) Tommy Rich grabs a microphone, "Bob Armstrong, you're a dead man!! If I'll piledrive my own mother for costing me a match…what the hell do you think I'll do to you for costing us the World titles!?!? Les Thatcher, you ain't safe neither!" 

MAIN EVENT 

UNSANCTIONED BULLROPE MATCH 

vs. 

Killer Khan w/Sir Oliver Humperdink 

This match was a brutal, bloody affair……with both men getting busted open by the cowbell at different points in the match, it wasn't a long match but it delivered on violence, at one point Khan had the Dream down and started to climb the ropes to deliver his patented knee drop but as Khan made it to the top, the Dream tugged the bullrope and Khan came crashing down to the mat! Dusty wrapped the rope around Khan's throat, then sat on his back and pulled back like a 'Camel Clutch' with the rope….eventually choking him out and causing the referee to call for the bell and award the match to Dusty…..despite the fact that his man was left in a bloody heap on the mat…..Humperdink took the mic and promised Dusty Rhodes that next Monday night, he will be the one on the stretcher and that his career will come to an end! Dusty shot him a bird to the delight of the fans then turned and hobbled down the aisle. 

The Doctor of Desire vs The Haitian Sensation sounds like the title of some b movie with a serious cult following. Prichard leaning into the dark side could be trouble.

Street/Poffo is heading for a major climax... ahem.

Mixed bag for Sherri. Her Super D's are pulling their weight but Adonis...well at least she's got chemistry with Cooley.

Budro & Co vs The Stud Stable ends in chaos to the shock of...well probably no one if we're being honest.

Oh Damn! That may be the most popular Dusty finish ever! I thought The Rich's had stolen the belts for sure.

Ouch! Rough night for Humperdink. First his tag team get Thumped then his monster gets choked out AND THEN the whole building laughs when he gets flipped off!

Oh Look! Charlie Platt finished up his AA meetings and is back doing commentary, but I'm not sure Solie is the best guy for him to be hanging around with!

The "works on televisions" line was brilliant.

Lanny Poofer! Only in the 80's. The 6 man intergender tag should be fun.

Scotty Armstrong shows some class and some smarts. The 12 man tournament should be good, and the new TV Title should lead to some serious excitment. Great idea!

Great coin toss segment! Dusty not giving a shit, and Humperdink freaking out was just perfect. "That's enough talkin' flip dis coin and let's get down to bidness!" popped me.

Oh Lord... Gossett on the Fiesta Garden.... 

Alabama in a Handbasket! got back in the gym LMAO! CHICKY!! 

Chicky handing out money to the "little people" is a fantastic touch.

Slink is a great nickname.

Oh man, Buddy has some back up and the Stable may be in big trouble!! Great line by Dutch about stables being full of crap.

Big win for the Desperado's over the Nightmares!

On too Birmingham!!!

Stomper gets the pin on Man, but now Poffo and Adrian want a one on one encounter! That'll be fun!

JYD is kicking ass already.

Super D's take out the former champs.

Cooley has Sherri distracted, and it costs Adrian another one! Sherri isn't happy, and this angle is really interesting, because I truly have no idea where it is going!!

The 6 man breaks down into a wild brawl, and this is FAR from over!!

SHIT!! I was so excited when I thought The Rich's had won the NWA Titles!! Stupid babyface Dusty Finish!! I hope they kill Armstrong and Thatcher!

The Dream takes the win in the Bullrope match, but Humperdink promises revenge, while Khan is out of it. Good luck Oliver!!

Great Stuff Gene!

Prichard gets some heat for his tactics. Pride deserves a rematch.

Stomper gets the fall on Man. However, Street and Luscious will soon settle their unfinished business. 

JYD has a great night as Goto and Sato both get thumped.

Sherri's Super D's pull off a huge win against the former champs. 

Sherri goes from high to low as her and Adonis just can't get on the same page. Sherri is a bit lovestruck by Cooley. Good story going here.

Chaos in the 6 man tag that even gets the police involved. I knew this was going to be wild. 

OH MAN, I really thought the Rich's were walking out with the NWA titles. Swerved! Bullet and Thatcher save the day. Bullet and Thatcher are on the Rich hit list.

Awesome visual for the Rhodes/Khan match. Dusty gets ruthless and takes it. And now we have a stretcher match coming up. This just gets better. 

Those Boutwell fans got more than their money's worth tonight. 

U.S. Jr. Heavyweight Title Tournament
 Lavender Coliseum
 Columbus, Mississippi
 Thursday October 7, 1986
 Bell Time: 7pm

NWA U.S. Jr. Heavyweight Title Tournament Round 1:

Nelson Royal defeated Mitch Snow by submission with an abdominal stretch

Tom Zenk pinned Todd Morton in a babyface match with a backslide

Tom Prichard pinned Larry Hamilton with a small package (Prichard was still cheered here because the Columbus fans weren't privy to his cheating against Tyree Pride on Monday in Birmingham

"Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride pinned Akio Sato with a sunset flip off the top rope

SIX MAN CHALLENGE MATCH
 The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne)/"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley defeated The Super Destroyers (#1/#2)/Adrian Adonis w/Sherri Martel when Cooley pinned Adonis after a running bulldog

NWA U.S. Jr. Heavyweight Title Tournament Semi-Finals:

Tom Zenk pinned Nelson Royal with a slingshot splash over the top rope

Tom Prichard pinned Tyree Pride with his feet on the ropes---Much like in Birmingham, Prichard got some flack from the fans on his way back to the dressing room for cheating

NWA Continental Tag Team Championship
 Brad/Steve Armstrong w/The Bullet defeated Johnny/Tommy Rich w/Davey Rich by DQ when the Bullet once again pointed out Johnny Rich using a chain…this time against Steve Armstrong…The Richs retain the titles

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
 NWA U.S. Jr. Heavyweight Title Tournament Finals:
 Tom Prichard pinned Tom Zenk when Sherri Martel came to the ring and distracted the referee allowing the Super Destroyers to come down and take out Zenk, who was then covered and pinned by Prichard……Sherri and Prichard left arm in arm with the championship belt over Sherri's shoulder

MAIN EVENT
 The Stud Stable (Robert & Ron Fuller/Jimmy Golden) defeated "Superstar" Bill Dundee/"Dirty" Dutch Mantell/"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel when Robert Fuller pinned Dundee after kicking him in the head with his "loaded" boot

First Round of the tournament was a bit predictable but 3 out of 4 of the matches sound like a good time.

Cooley cucks Adonis...again!

It really speaks well about Pride that Prichard has to cheat twice in the same week against him. Speaking of nice touch having the Columbus crowd cheer Prichard at first.

The Bullet is becoming something of a tattletail.

Ok Prichard going full heel in the finals wasn't a surprise but the interference of Sherri & The Super Destroyers WAS. Sherri finally has some gold in her stable.

Speaking of stables, The Studs win thanks to the "loaded" boot of the future Col Parker.

I don't know anything about Columbus Mississippi...but I know they just witnessed one hell of a night of wrestling.

The Jr's are tearing it up in this game! 

I thought Zenk would walk away with the title but no, Prichard wins it and is in cahoots with Sherri. Sherri has gold! They don't call him the Doctor of Desire for nothing. 

Like the non tourney matches that advance storylines. Stud Stable might reclaim the Continental throne real soon. 

Continental Championship Wrestling TV

Saturday October 9, 1986

Hosted by Gordon Solie

Co-Hosted by Charlie Platt

Ring Announcer: Freddie Miller

Interviewer: Joe Pedicino

From the Boutwell Auditorium

(The opening montage rolls set to the instrumental of Eddie Murphy's 'Party all the Time' and we then go to a desk where Charlie Platt is sitting alone)

Platt: "Hello everyone and welcome to Continental Championship Wrestling, I’m Charlie Platt….I'll be taking over the hosting duties as Gordon Solie has taken an announcing job closer to home down in Florida.  We've got a great show for you this week as….." (Before he can finish that sentence, Ronnie P. Gossett comes out and sit downs in the empty chair across from Charlie)

RPG: "Sorry, I'm late."

Platt: "Late for what? What are you doing out here?"

RPG: "Didn't Thatcher tell you? I'm the co-host, it's going to be just like old times. Why are you lying saying that Gordon Solie took an announcing job closer to home?  I'm sure the truth is, since they sent you off and supposedly dried you out, I guess now they've shipped Gordon off to get him off the sauce…..good luck with that!"

Platt: "Oh good lord…..I can't believe this is happening…I had 60 seconds of a good show and now I have to contend with your antics out here."

RPG: "My 'antics' as you call them is what brings in the viewers…..now enough of your rambling Platt, show everyone the video of what happened in the locker room after the Dusty Rhodes/Killer Khan match last week."

Platt: "I was about to show that before you came out and intruded on the show, but yes, let's take a look at this interesting bit of footage."

(VTR- In the locker room after the bullrope match, Sato and Goto are holding an ice pack on Killer Khan's neck as Humperdink paces around distraught, just then Chicky Starr and an unidentified man with a mohawk wearing a leather vest and black jeans enter)

Starr: "Hola amigos……Senor Humperdink, have you considered my offer?"

Humperdink: "Were you serious about the amount of money we talked about?"

Starr: (snaps his fingers and his 'bodyguard' hands him a briefcase) "It's all here in this case in cash, plus an additional ten thousand dollars just because I like you."

Humperdink: (takes the case) "You've got a deal Mr. Starr, guys…..best of luck!" (Hump leaves)

Starr: "Gentlemen, you work for me now. Killer Khan, I promise you…no, I guarantee you…that you will defeat Dusty Rhodes and he will leave on the stretcher next week! (looks at Sato/Goto)  As for you two, I've not been impressed with your recent results….so I'm giving you ONE chance to remain in the Starr Corporation.  Next Monday, I want you to face Dusty's compadres, Magnum T.A. and the Junkyard Dog….if you defeat them you will have a place in the Starr Corporation….if you do not….then YOU'RE FIRED! (Smiles and pats them on the arm) Have a good day gentlemen…and welcome to the Starr Corporation."

(END VTR)

Platt: "So this is what Chicky was referring to last week in the Fiesta Garden, he came in and purchased the House of Humperdink?"

RPG: "Get something straight, Platt….that's Mr. Starr to you!  Secondly, yes it would appear that's the case, he's laid down the gauntlet to Sato and Goto there…win or you're out of the Starr Corporation right out of the gate."

Platt: "The remark I found most interesting…..he guarantees that Killer Khan will send Dusty out on a stretcher…..how is he comfortable making that kind of guarantee."

RPG: "Because he's Chicky Starr and he makes things happen! That's how!"

Platt: "Well, that remains to be seen but we've got a couple of big announcements coming up from Les Thatcher but first let's get to the ring for some action and then we'll come back from the break with Les."

====================

MATCH #1:

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel/"Superstar" Bill Dundee/"Dirty" Dutch Mantell defeated Ray Purchase/Lucian Sanchez/Howard Moon when Dundee came off the top rope with the 'Bombs Away' sit down splash to get the pin on Moon

(Post Match: Joe Pedicino approach the winners at ringside)

Pedicino: "Guys, last week's match against the Stud Stable was every bit the melee we expected, I understand this week CCW has signed a six man Southern Streetfight! That's going to be insane!"

Landel: "What's insane is that The Fullers and Jimmy Golden actually think they stand a chance against us in a match like that…..well hell Joey, it's not a match…it's a fight and I'll admit I'm more of a wrestler myself but these two guys….they love a good fight, right boys?"

Dundee: "You're damn right we do, Budro!  I'm looking forward to beating up those three big lanky goons from Tennessee! Tennessee Stud? What a joke that is!  You got just a little sample last week of what we're all about but this week when there's no rules and we can beat your butts all over that Civic Center, you're going to wish you would have stayed wherever you've been the last six months because HERE….is the wrong place for you three to be!"

Mantell: "You know I'll give the devils their due, you're pretty tough guys and I know we're going to be in for a helluva fight in Huntsville this week…..but just know this boys, you see this hat I'm wearing…it ain't white….just because these fans are cheering us right now, it don’t make us good guys or nice people and we'll still use any underhanded tactic we need to beat, injure, or maim you three so you've been forewarned……we're willing to do whatever it takes to not only end this but end YOU on Monday night so you just might want to consider climbing on your horses and riding off into the sunset elsewhere because I promise you, somebody is going to get hurt Monday night….and it ain't gonna be us!"

====================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

====================

(As we return from the break, Les Thatcher is now sitting between Platt and Gossett at the desk, they pitch to a video of Bill Watts's announcement about Halloween Havoc on last week's Mid South Wrestling show)

VTR- (Recap)  NWA President, Bill Watts, hypes the next joint NWA Supercard which will be Halloween Havoc on October 31st in the Omni.  This event will include a 16-man tournament where the winner will get an NWA World Title shot.  Each of the NWA territories, Mid-South, Continental Championship Wrestling, and Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling will send 5 wrestlers to Atlanta on Halloween.  The last Rope Battle Royal to be held the week before.  Again, all territories will send competitors to this Battle Royal.  (END VTR)

Thatcher: "So as you just heard, five wrestlers and potentially one more will get the opportunity, not only to compete on a huge NWA super card but also a chance to get a title shot against NWA World Champion Magnum T.A.  So, here's how we've decided this is going to work and how we will determine those five contenders.  #1 will be the Continental Champion, which is currently Buddy Landel. #2 will be the Southeastern Champion which is currently Dusty Rhodes. #3 will be the Television Champion which will be crowned on this show later tonight. Now, here's where things get interesting. On Saturday, October 16th, next Saturday here on television we will have a two ring battle royal where the last man standing in ring #1 will be get the #4 spot, and the last man standing in the ring #2 will get the #5 spot."

Platt: "Wow, and that's happening right here for free on television next week?"

Thatcher: "That's right, it certainly is and we've got a lot of other great stuff happening this month that we will talk about soon."

(The Richs come out and they are PISSED!)

Tommy: "A lot great stuff happening huh? Well, I'll tell you what wasn't great stuff, it was the bull**** that happened last Monday night when Johnny and myself won the NWA World tag team titles, which should have made you happy to have the titles on a team in your territory but instead you listen to that liar Bob Armstrong and screwed us out of the belts!"

Thatcher: "He didn't lie, I saw you use the chain with my own two eyes!"

Johnny: "Where did you say you were when you allegedly saw this happen?"

Thatcher: "I was up in the press box."

Tommy: "So you mean to tell me, Mr. Magoo with those glasses you've got on that you could see what happened from all the way up there?!?!  That's B.S. and you know it, it's just another example of the conspiracy that you, Bob Armstrong, Bill Watts, Gordon Solie, Charlie Platt, and all these stupid fans have against us!"

Thatcher: "Why do you keep mentioning Bob Armstrong? He doesn't even wrestle here anymore." (Tommy Rich grabs Thatcher by the collar)

Tommy: "So help me GOD, you say that again I will knock you out! Don't stand here and try to treat me and my cousins like fools! Everyone including you knows the Bullet is Bob Armstrong and when I get my hands on him, I'll rip that sock off his stupid head and prove it!"

Thatcher: "In that case….you're going to love my next announcement because you'll have the opportunity to do exactly that! This Monday night in Huntsville, you and your cousin Johnny will be defending the Continental tag team titles against The Bullet and Brad Armstrong!"

Johnny: "Who have they beaten to deserve a shot these belts??"

Thatcher: "They're former champions and if you guys want to get your hands on them so bad, you should be happy to wrestle them."

Tommy: (taking a deep breath) "Ok, wise guy…..we'll play your game, just remember WE are the ones who nearly broke Bob Armstrong's neck….and WE are the ones who beat him and ran him out of here to begin with……and WE will finish what we started on Monday night….and I don't want to hear you cry or try to fine and suspend us….when we do what YOU are forcing us to do!!"

Johnny: "Let's go guys, this is a buncha bull!"

Platt: "Speaking of the Bullet and Brad Armstrong, let's head to the ring."

===================

MATCH #2

The Bullet/Brad Armstrong defeated Rich Mahogany/Buster Norberg when The Bullet put Norberg down with a sleeper

Post match promo: Bullet says it looks like they've gotten under the Rich's skin…..he says step one was making sure they didn't steal the World Tag Team titles, now step two is to take their Continental Tag Team titles! Brad cuts in and says that step three will be run their whiny butts outta town!

====================

COMMERCIAL BREAK- Promo for NWA Halloween Havoc on 10/31 in Atlanta at the Omni!

=====================

Platt: "We're about to see the brand new NWA U.S. Jr . Heavyweight Champion in action but the way he won the title left a lot to be desired."

RPG: "Is he the champion?"

Platt: "Yes, but…"

RPG: "Nothing after yes matters, he's got the belt…..he's got a beautiful woman by his side…that's all that matters."

Platt: "We hope to have some footage next week to show you exactly how Tom Prichard won the US Jr title with help from his new manager, Sherri Martel as well as her tag team The Super Destroyers but right now let's go to the ring to see the champ in action."

====================

MATCH #3:

NWA U.S. Jr. Champion Tom Prichard w/Sherri Martel pinned Todd Morton with a small package

(Post Match- The Super Destroyers and Adrian Adonis come down to ringside to celebrate the win)

Martel: "Adrian, what are you doing down here….you lost to Cooley AGAIN last week! Get back to the dressing room, I don't want to see you right now! (A dejected Adonis lowers his head and goes back down the aisle) We don't want to talk about LOSERS, let's talk about winners, like my man the new U.S. Jr Champion, Tom Prichard!  Let's talk about my boys the Super Destroyers who beat the former tag team champions, Terry Taylor and Tom Zenk!"

Prichard: "Hey guys, I beat Tom Zenk too!" (laughing)

(Taylor and Zenk come down to ringside)

Zenk: "Laugh it up you jerks! Prichard, I'm going to get another shot at that title and I will put it around my waist! Super Destroyers, we've beat you two before and we'll beat you again!"

Martel: "Well that's big talk considering there's three of them and only two of you!"

(Wendell Cooley comes down to ringside)

Martel: (blushing) "Hey Wendell, have you decided it's time to join up with a winning team?"

Cooley: "In fact Sherri, I have….I thought I'd join these two guys in whooping these three since I'm sick of beating Adonis every week."

(With that comment a brawl breaks out among the six of them as Platt calls for another commercial break)

====================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

====================

MATCH #4:

"Luscious" Lanny Poffo w/Woman & Man defeated Tony Falk by submission with the "Painacle" (cross face submission)

Poffo is informed at ringside that a match has been signed for this week where all the seconds have been barred from the building which means Street will be leaving Ms. Linda and the Mongolian Stomper at home and that Woman and Man have the night off and do not need to show up in Huntsville this week.  Poffo says that's just fine with him because when Street screams for mercy in the 'painacle', he doesn't want to hear any excuses!

=====================

(The camera pans over to a small stage with a cactus on each corner of the stage with a sombrero on top of each. A large pinata is hanging down right over the middle of the set, with two green director's chairs arranged in the middle with a large banner on the wall behind them that says 'FIESTA GARDEN' on it, a Mariachi Band is playing as we then cut to a smiling Al Madril)

Madril: "Hola Mi Amigos! We are back with another episode of the highest rated pro wrestling interview show of ALL TIME, the one and only Fiesta Garden brought to you by our generous sponsor, the Starr Corporation! As always I'm your host, compadre, and role model, 'The Great' Al Madril! (turns to the new band) Guys, I'm talking…knock it off (Music stops)  And you know we couldn't do the show without our head of security, former Police Officer, the thirty nine time Karate Champion, inventor of the Crane kick, and two time winner of the Kumite…the man the boogeyman checks under his bed for at night, "One Strike. One Kill" Ron Slinker! (Slinker as always is sporting his red karate gi and doing his best to ignore the intro) Say hello, Slink!"

Slinker: (intense stare)

Madril: "Come on Slinky! Give us one…"

Slinker: (disgusted) "Hello Slink."

Madril: "How do you like the band, Slink?"

Slinker: "I don't like music."

Madril: (Frowns…turns to the band) "You're fired, hit the bricks! (The band looks as if to say, "Are you serious?")  GO! Get out, head back to Panchos before Slink tears your hearts out!" (The band runs away, the smile returns to Al's face) Sorry Slink, I didn't know anyone didn't like music, you're a complicated guy, but that's what I love about you.  Anyway, so for the first time in the history of the Fiesta Garden…..I think.  We're going to have a guest on two weeks in a row….Welcome back, our great friend and sponsor, Mr. Chicky Starr!"

(Chicky comes out with his bodyguard the man with the mohawk haircut and leather vest and pants)

Slinker: "What's up Tom?"

Chicky: "His names not TOM, pendejo!  His name is Teijho Khan, el cabron!"

(Slinker makes a move towards Chicky but Khan steps between them and they have an intense stare down)

Madril: "Easy…easy fellas. We're all amongst friends here. (Khan takes a step back and Slinker just glares at him) So, Chicky…the reason I wanted to have you back out here is to talk about your recent purchase of the House of Humperdink."

Starr: "First of all Al, I apologize for that outburst, I shouldn't have called Slink a pendejo. My apologies, Slink. (reaches in his pocket and hands an envelope to Slinker and a thicker one to Madril) Here, take that and have some fun.  As we were saying, yes I've bought out Humperdink's stable and added them to the Starr Corporation….the Japanese guys I'm not sure about, however trust me when I says this, amigo. Dusty Rhodes will leave Huntsville on a stretcher and when he does…..everyone will know that Chicky Starr now rules the NWA."

Madril: "So…not just Continental, the whole NWA."

Starr: "That's right, amigo. What happens on Monday will change everything! I intend to be the manager of the NWA World Champion very soon and I'm not talking about managing that cabron, Magnum T.A., I mean one of my men will win that tournament at the Halloween show and become #1 contender."

Madril: "I certainly don't doubt you, everything you've ever told me has always come to pass. I'm looking forward to seeing Dusty Rhodes ride that stretcher if they can find enough people to lift him."

Starr: "They better start looking for enough people to cart him out of Huntsville, because it's going to happen.  I don't mean to be rude, Al….but I have to be going. Adios, mi amigo."

Madril: "No worries Chicky, thanks for being on the show my friend. (Chicky exits, Madril thumbs through his envelope) Wow, you know what, Slink? I think I'm going to do exactly what Chicky said and have some fun with this money.  How about this? Monday night I'm going to issue 'the Great Al Madril's $5,000 Open Challenge'.  Whoever comes down to answer the challenge, if they can pin me or make me submit, I will give them this envelope full of money. How does that sound?"

Slinker: (Stares then shrugs his shoulders)

Madril: "I knew you'd agree! There you have it folks, Dusty Rhodes is guaranteed to ride a stretcher on Monday night, and I'm going to issue the first ever, 'the Great' Al Madril's $5,000 Open Challenge' and Slink is super excited about all of it! That's all for this week….and remember if at first you don't succeed, you're probably a loser and should just quit. Adios from the Fiesta Garden!"

====================

(Charlie Platt runs down the card for this Monday night in Huntsville)

Von Braun Civic Center

Huntsville, Alabama

Monday October 11, 1986

LIGHTS OUT-UNSANCTIONED

MONGOLIAN STRETCHER MATCH
Killer Khan w/Chicky Starr

vs.

MAIN EVENT

vs.

The Bullet/Brad Armstrong w/Steve Armstrong

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Junkyard Dog/Magnum T.A.

vs.

Akio Sato/Tarzan Goto w/Chicky Starr

SIX MAN TAG TEAM SOUTHERN STREETFIGHT

Buddy Landel/Bill Dundee/Dutch Mantell

vs.

The Stud Stable (Robert & Ron Fuller/Jimmy Golden)

ALL SECONDS BARRED FROM THE BUILDING

"Exotic" Adrian Street

vs.

"Luscious" Lanny Poffo

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne)

vs.

The Desperados (Ron Bass/Killer Brooks) w/Downtown Bruno

"The Great" Al Madril's $5,000 Open Challenge

SIX TAG TEAM CHALLENGE MATCH

The Super Destroyers (#1/#2)/Tom Prichard w/Sherri Martel

vs.

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley/Tom Zenk/Terry Taylor

"Surfer" Ray Odyssey

vs.

Nelson Royal

===================

MATCH # 5:

MAIN EVENT

Crowning the first Continental Television Champion

(Joe Pedicino draws the first number and checks the list)

Pedicino: "Our first competitor will be……TERRY TAYLOR!"

(Taylor heads to the ring)

Pedicino: "His opponent for the title will be……ADRIAN ADONIS!"

(the camera cuts to the heel locker room as Sherri tells Adrian, "This is your chance to redeem yourself….win that title!!" He and Sherri head towards the ring)

NWA Continental Television Championship

Terry Taylor

vs.
Adrian Adonis w/Sherri Martel

A good back and forth match with Adonis actually doing quite well for a change, after a few minutes….Tom Prichard and the Super Destroyers come down to ringside as Sherri distracts the referee….as Prichard and the Super Ds make a move towards the ring, Tom Zenk comes running down wielding a steel chair as the Super Ds and Prichard scatter to get away from the chair, Wendell Cooley runs down and slides into the ring and hits Adonis with a bulldog….Taylor crawls over and covers…Cooley comes around and flirts with Sherri who gets down from the apron, which frees up the referee who turns around and sees the cover and counts 1--2--3!!  

Terry Taylor is the first NWA CONTINENTAL TELEVISION CHAMPION!!

RPG: "I can't believe what just happened!! Do you condone that Charlie Platt!?!?"

Platt: "Turnabout is far play as they say…..fans you don't have to see footage of Prichard winning the U.S. Jr title, just take what you just saw and replace Adonis for Tom Zenk and Wendell Cooley for the Super Destroyers and it was the exact same thing."

RPG: "Oh shut up, Platt! That was totally different!"

Platt: "Fans, we're out of time….congrats to the brand new first ever Continental Television Champion, Terry Taylor!  We'll see you here next week for the Two Ring Battle Royal to determine who else will compete in the tournament at Halloween Havoc at the Omni!"

© 1986 Continental Championship Wrestling

That had to be the best 60 seconds of Charlie Platt's CCW career. I'm glad the best commentary team is back together. 

Nice to see Humperdink's men still have a job... well Khan does anyway,Goto & Sato have to put in some work.

Budro's Buddies get a nice tune up ahead of their Southern Streetfight against the Stud Stable.

Thatcher accomplishes 2 vital tasks at once, announce how CCW is selecting it's representatives for the big tournament & perhaps even more important,send the Rich's into a tizzy!

Wow. Prichard joining up has somehow shoved Adonis even FURTHER into the doghouse. Though it seems Sherri isn't QUITE ready to commit to him either.

I'm glad that Street & Poffo will truly be mano a mano.

Honestly couldn't expect this week's episode of the Fiesta Garden to compete with last weeks but it was still pretty good. Am I the only one kinda touched that Madril fired the band JUST because Slink didn't like them? Also liked his interaction with "Tom". But the meat of this week's offering is Chicky's guarantee that he'll be managing the NWA World Heavyweight Champion.

Huntsville is in for a hell of a night!

Taylor wins the TV Title & a spot in the Halloween Havoc Tournament thanks to a little help from friends. I'm soooo glad I'm not Adonis right now.

RPG and Platt together again! The way it was always meant to be. 

LOL, now I know how Humperdink arrived in Florida. Chicky Starr is the man with a plan. Dusty might be in big trouble. Chicky doesn't seem to impressed by Goto and Sato. Big task ahead against JYD and Magnum. 

Budro, Dundee and Dutch are fired up and ready for the Stud Stable. 

The Halloween Havoc tournament is stacked with all the top NWA wrestlers. Looking forward to the 2 ring battle royal. 

The Rich's bring up some valid points. Another round coming up with Brad and Bob, oh I mean Bullet. This is getting intense. 

Sherri has a celebration for new Jr. champ Prichard. Poor Adonis isn't invited. I love all the layers to the storyline going with Super Ds/Taylor, Zenk and of course Sherri/Cooley. 

Man, I can't wait for Poffo/Street one on one. 

Yes! Fiesta Garden time. I'll never get tired of Al's "Slink" introductions. HAHAHA! Al fires the band on the spot. We get an intense moment between Slink and Teijo but Chicky's money calms everybody down. It looks like Chicky is going to take over the entire NWA. LOL, only Al would put up his money in an open challenge. 

Taylor vs. Adonis for the TV title! I thought Adonis would finally redeem himself here but Cooley spoils everything. I'll say it again, poor Adonis. Congratulations to Taylor, he'll make a great TV champ. 

Great show! 

Charlie Platt's plight is the readers joy, as RPG returns to offer his wonderful brand of commentary!

and we start off with a bang as Chicky Starr buys out Oliver Humperdink, and absorbs the International House of Humperdink into the Starr Corporation! Khan gets a guarantee of a win, which could prove interesting! then Sato/Gato get a win or get lost match against Magnum and JYD!! Ouch....

6 Man Southern Streetfight between the Stable and the Landel/Dutch/Dundee trio!!! Yeah, sign me up!

This tournament at Halloween Havoc is going to be the single most star studded event in the history of wrestling with the talent you all are sending!! I'd love to be a fly on the wall as the promoters try to agree on finishes!!

I love Tommy Rich calling out Thatcher for being half blind and claiming to have seen the chain from half away across the arena! It's shit like that, when heels have just enough "being right" to stand on, that makes them a great heel. 

Nice win for The Armstron.... The Bullet and Brad Armstrong ahead of their title shot. "Hard Wood" Rich Mahogany is tough to beat.

Poor Adrian. Prichard with Sherri is a good fit. "Hey guys, I beat Tom Zenk too!" had me laughing. Cooley teaming with Zenk and Taylor is a nice trio.

Looking forward to seeing what happens when Poffo and Street go one on one!

Oh Shit!! How did I never think to give Al a mariachi band!! 

Well, so much for the mariachi band....

LMAO at Slinker trying to ruin Teijo's gimmick right out of the gate by using his shoot name. Who knew the bodyguard game was so cut throat!!

Interesting Fiesta Garden with Chicky making a lot of promises and throwing around a lot of money. Al is going to step in the ring finally, will Slink have his back?

Oh My, what a main event! Sherri's gang comes out hoping to screw Taylor, gets run off by Zenk, then Cooley takes out Adrian, before flirting with Sherri, while Taylor pins Adonis.

Taylor wins the TV Title, and Adonis is going to have an ass chewing coming!

Good Stuff as Always! Looking forward to Monday night, and to the 2 Ring Battle Royal next week!

Von Braun Civic Center

Huntsville, Alabama

Monday October 11, 1986

Nelson Royal defeated "Surfer" Ray Odyssey by submission with a 'Boston Crab'

SIX TAG TEAM CHALLENGE MATCH

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley/Tom Zenk/Terry Taylor defeated The Super Destroyers (#1/#2)/Tom Prichard w/Sherri Martel when Adrian Adonis came down to ringside to interfere while Sherri had the referee distracted, he slid into the ring and went to throw powder in the face of Cooley who ducked causing the powder to go in the face of Prichard, Cooley clotheslined Adonis over the top rope to the floor while Zenk caught Prichard  with a sunset flip off the top rope for the pin

"The Great" Al Madril's $5,000 Open Challenge

Al Madril entered the ring accompanied by his bodyguard Ron Slinker. Madril takes the microphone:

Madril: "Hola Huntsville, it is I, 'the Great' Al Madril along with my bodyguard and best friend, the "Army of One" Ron Slinker.  Looking around this arena right now I'd say you could all use some money…..however, that's not my problem, however I am going to offer an opportunity for somebody in that dressing room to come out here right now and wrestle me for the chance to win this $5,000 given to me by my great friend and business associate, Chicky Starr.  All they have to do, is either pin me or make me submit in under 15 minutes.  So come on, does anyone have the guts to accept my challenge? Slink, go ahead and step out of the ring so they won't be intimidated."

(As Steve Armstrong comes down the aisle to accept the challenge, Madril tells the referee to check him for weapons…as this is happening, Slinker attacks Armstrong at ringside and catches him with a roundhouse kick to the back of the head and then tosses him in the ring, Madril tells the ref to "ring the bell!")

Al Madril's $5,000 Open Challenge

"The Great" Al Madril w/Ron Slinker defeated Steve Armstrong rather quickly with a rolling cradle taking advantage of Slinker's attack

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) defeated The Desperados (Ron Bass/Killer Brooks) w/Downtown Bruno when Davis caught Brooks with a backslide, Bass/Brooks attacked the Nightmares after the match with Bass whipping Ken Wayne repeatedly with Ms. Betsy, his bullwhip.

ALL SECONDS BARRED FROM THE BUILDING

"Exotic" Adrian Street

vs.

"Luscious" Lanny Poffo

A surprisingly brutal, hard hitting match. Things went back and forth for about 9 minutes when Street locked Poffo in his own hold…."the PAINACLE"…..just then an "old lady" came out of the crowd and jumped up on the ring apron…causing Street to release the hold and go over to confront the "old lady" who jumped off the apron, as Street turned back around Poffo caught him with a low blow and quickly rolled him up for the pin fall!  As Poffo and the "old lady" were leaving ringside, a fan managed to snatch the "old lady's" wig off revealing….Woman!  Street protested in the ring that Woman wasn't supposed to be here but to no avail.

SIX MAN TAG TEAM SOUTHERN STREETFIGHT

Buddy Landel/Bill Dundee/Dutch Mantell defeated The Stud Stable (Robert & Ron Fuller/Jimmy Golden) when Dundee pinned Golden after a "bombs away" sit down splash off the top rope

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Junkyard Dog/Magnum T.A. defeated Akio Sato/Tarzan Goto when Magnum pinned Sato with a belly to belly suplex, as they were leaving the ring a guy came running from the back and told Magnum and JYD something that caused them to leave rather abruptly

MAIN EVENT

vs.

The Bullet/Brad Armstrong w/Steve Armstrong

Tommy Rich came down to the ring with his arm in a sling, he took the mic and said that he fell down some stairs and suffered a "serious injury" so there can't be a match here tonight! The Armstrongs and The Bullet came down to the ring, Bullet said they came to beat up some Richs tonight so if Tommy is too scared then "put the other one in".  Tommy said that was fine but since Johnny and Davey aren't the champions the titles won't be on the line!  Brad says, "Whatever, get 'em in here and let's do this."

The Bullet/Brad Armstrong w/Steve Armstrong defeated Johnny/Davey Rich w/injured Tommy Rich when Brad pinned Davey following a 'Russian Leg Sweep'

LIGHTS OUT-UNSANCTIONED

MONGOLIAN STRETCHER MATCH
Killer Khan w/Chicky Starr & Teijho Khan

vs.

Another wild brawl that went on for several minutes until Dusty locked Khan into a sleeper…and it looked Chicky's prediction was going to be wrong……until suddenly the lights in the arena went out….when the lights came back on BRUISER BRODY was standing in the ring!! The fans cheered wildly…….until Brody charged across the ring and hit Rhodes square in the face with a BIG BOOT!!  There was a brief stunned silence throughout the arena….until Brody wrapped his chain around Rhodes' throat and started dragging him around the ring………Brody continued to choke Rhodes with the chain exactly the same way Rhodes had choked Khan with the bullrope seven days prior.  When Rhodes was clearly out, Brody released the chain and then dropped a couple of knee drops across Rhodes' throat…..Rhodes started coughing up blood as Chicky came in the ring pushed Brody back into the corner and instructed Khan to roll Dusty on the stretcher……Dusty was carted away on the stretcher as Killer Khan was declared the winner of the Mongolian Stretcher Match!

The fans were rabid as Chicky raised the hands of both Killer Khan and Bruiser Brody in victory…..suddenly the man who ran out earlier and spoke to Magnum and JYD came down to the ring as Chicky laughed and handed him a handful of cash as they exited the ring amidst having cups and other random trash thrown at them but the ringside fans.

Can Adonis do ANYTHING right?

Slink pays off helping Madril keep his 5k.

The Nightmares get a win over the Desperados but you wouldn't know it after getting worked over by Ms Betsy.

Woman finds a way around the ban to aid Luscious get on over on Street.

Budro's Buddies best the Studs in a Southern Streetfight!

Welp Sato & Goto are gone but what's all the commotion in the back?

Hope Tommy gets better soon.

Chicky's master plan works to perfection! Khan & Brody may be a unstoppable duo!