Pro Wrestling Only

Continental Championship Wrestling

GeneJackson95

As always, Continental delivers a fun and entertaining tournament. 

The Great Al Madril and Slink get some payback on Pride. 

Things get heated between Slick and Fuller but they seemed to resolve things by Golden's match. 

Billy Joe Travis had a pretty good run until he met Olympia's DDT.

I knew those Rich's wouldn't leave Bullet alone. 

Nightmares win the titles!!! But wait, there's more. Tommy goes nuts and takes out his cousins. Could this be the end of the Rich's? Or maybe the beginning of a Tommy Rich NWA world title run. 

Olympia defeats Golden to win the Southeastern title! Nice touch with the belly to belly suplex and JYD coming out to congratulate him. The Olympia/Stubbs storyline has been one of the best in the game. 

Great night of action! Can't wait for Halloween Havoc! 

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great tournament!  I enjoy how you use your managers to help get the heels some big wins which makes the babyfaces stay strong.

Wildfire is my favorite heel in the game.  Very interested if he goes it alone or if the cousins work things out.

Mr. Olympia is getting back where he belongs.  I did not do him justice and I am glad he is back in CCW.

Continental+Championship+Wrestling+logo.

Continental Championship Wrestling TV

Previously Recorded/Airing on Saturday October 30, 1986

Host: Charlie Platt

Co-Host: Ronnie P. Gossett

Ring Announcer: Freddie Miller

Interviewer: Joe Pedicino

(Show opens with highlights of Mr. Olympia winning the Southeastern title by pinning Jimmy Golden in the tournament finals and The Richs losing the tag titles to the Nightmares due to a mistake by Davey Rich, followed by Tommy's shocking turn on his two cousins…we then see the opening montage before going to the desk with Charlie Platt and Ronnie P. Gossett)

Platt: "Hello everyone and welcome to Continental Championship Wrestling….first let me congratulate our new Southeastern Champion Mr. Olympia, as well as our new Continental Tag Team Champions The Nightmares."

RPG: "Well, the Nightmares being the new champions isn't really a statement about the ability of Danny Davis and Ken Wayne but more of a indictment on what a screw up Davey Rich is."

Platt: "I don't know about that but I can certainly say after what we just witnessed that the dark side of Tommy Rich may be even darker than we ever realized."

RPG: "What do you mean? He beat up his cousins…..you're talking about a guy who gave HIS MOTHER A PILEDRIVER!! Heck, my cousins and me used to beat each other up all the time….no big deal really."

Platt: "We're going to hear from Tommy Rich a little later on as he was scheduled to be a guest on the Fiesta Garden with Al Madril this week."

RPG: "What do you mean was?"

Platt: "Well….apparently Al Madril has 'called in sick' and will not be here tonight, despite the fact he's going to be in Atlanta in the World title tournament tomorrow and he's got a match Monday night against Tyree Pride where he's putting up another $5,000 against the initial $5,000 he lost previously…..Anyway, since Mr. Madril can't be here tonight, Les Thatcher felt Adrian Street did such a good job closing out the Garden last week, he's allowing Adrian and Linda to host it this week….and I'm told this week, it will be the 'Exotic Garden' with Adrian Street and Ms. Linda."

RPG: "You can't be serious…..last week's Fiesta Garden was the worst thing that's ever aired on television. The 'Exotic Garden'? That's an insult to Al Madril and Slink! Does Tommy Rich realize that it's going to be Street and not Madril?"

Platt: "I have no idea Ronnie, that's not my problem."

RPG: "I'm not pleased with this AT ALL!"

Platt: "When are you ever pleased? At any rate, we have a great show for everyone tonight as we of course have a Television title defense, Bill Dundee and Dutch Mantell will be in tag team action, we'll also see the Grappler, Brad Armstrong, and The Super Destroyers in action as well, and we'll see more on UT's Doug Furnas and also we'll get a glimpse at the tag team of the future."

RPG: "I also hear we'll find out the first round matches for Halloween Havoc."

Platt: "In fact we'll pitch to our Mid Atlantic colleagues Bob Caudle and Tony Schiavone to hear all about Halloween Havoc shortly."

RPG: "Bob Caudle? He's still alive?"

Platt: "Of course he is….what a terrible thing to say."

RPG: "I don't dislike him, I’m just saying he's old…..his social security number is chiseled into a stone."

Platt: "Come on Gossett."

RPG: "Bob Caudle did the play by play when David fought Goliath."

Platt: "ENOUGH! Let's go to the ring."

==================

MATCH # 1:

"Superstar" Bill Dundee/"Dirty" Dutch Mantell defeated Buck Spivey/Randy Watson when Dundee pinned Watson after the "Bombs Away" sit down splash off the top rope

Post Match: Bill Dundee says that Monday night they'll wrestle Fuller and Golden in a number one contender's match for the Continental Tag Titles and once they beat them and earn that title shot, they are moving on from the Stud Stable. Dutch nods in agreement.

==================

(The camera cuts away from ringside back to the dressing room area where The Fullers and Jimmy Golden are coming in and spot Slick with his back to them in a white suit of some sort, he turns around and they now see he's wearing a 'Col. Sanders-esque' white suit complete with black tie and white Cowboy hat)

Robert: "What the …..you can't wear that your colore…." (Ron cuts him off)

Ron: "COLORFUL….I know that's what you were going to say Robert, Slick usually wears more colorful outfits than this."

Slick: "That's true brutha, but I figured if I was going to hang with you boys, then I need to not only LOOK the part but also BE the part, so say hello to Colonel Slick, leader of the 'Slick Stable.'"

Robert: "COLONEL?? SLICK'S STABLE?? Have you lost your Godd" (Ron intervenes again)

Ron: "Well Slick, I will say it's a bit unconventional for a guy such as yourself to be a Colonel but let's try it on for a bit and see how it goes….BUT, we do need to stick with the STUD Stable."

Slick: (laughs) "Ok Boss, we'll ease into it. How's Leroy doing?"

Robert: "It's ROY LEE!"

Slick: "That's what I said."

Robert: "NO! You said…"

Ron: "I think he did say Roy Lee, Robert.  Look, you help Robert and Jimmy win the number one contendership and help me beat Landel for the Continental title on Monday night, we'll call you the Grand Poobah if it will make you happy."

Robert: (red faced/fanning himself) "I've got to go sit down…" (walks away)

Jimmy: (shaking his head) "Col. Slick huh? Ok…" (walks away)

Slick: "I think we all gonna get along just fine." (slaps Ron on the back and walks away)

(Ron smiles until Slick is out of sight and his demeaner quickly changes as he sighs and walks away as well)

==================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

==================

(VTR- "Fight for your right to party" by the Beastie Boys plays as we see two wild looking guys with strange haircuts walking around a mall getting confused looks from people passing by…..we then cut to them at a park walking through as people point and stare…..a voice over tells us….."Coming soon to Continental Wrestling……the tag team of the future….THE NEW BREED!" -END VTR)

f3a51978a31e4f2b6cd80318b7076391.jpg

==================

MATCH #2:

The Grappler pinned Howard Moon following a shoulder breaker

Post Match: The Grappler talked to Joe Pedicino about the Four Corners Match he'll be in Monday night to earn a shot at the Southeastern title later in the card against Mr. Olympia. Grappler said that Olympia slipped past him in the tournament, but he won't be so lucky this time!

===================

Platt: "Let's go now to some footage courtesy of Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling as Bob Caudle and Tony Schiavone update us on Halloween Havoc tomorrow night in Atlanta at the Omni available on closed circuit television."

VTR- Footage courtesy of Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling

Caudle: "Wrestling fans welcome to another episode of Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling, professional wrestling's most exciting hour sanctioned by the National Wrestling Alliance. I'm Bob Caudle alongside Tony Schiavone and Tony we're less than 48 hours away from the biggest wrestling event of the year so far Halloween Havoc!"

Schiavone: "That's right Bob and we've got some last minute news to share with alall the fans. As you heard in the opening montage Magnum T.A has had to relinquish the NWA World Heavyweight Championship due to the injuries sustained in his tragic accident. We here at Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling send our sincerest condolences to Magnum T.A & his family in this troubling time. On a lighter note fans the various promotions of the NWA have been going back-and-forth trying to figure out who would be on commentary for the event & I can report a decision has been made. To ensure impartiality the decision was made to bring in someone not currently affiliated with any NWA territory & once that was decided all sides quickly agreed that there was 1 man who could be trusted to conduct himself with the professionalism this monumental event deserves. As such it's my pleasure to announce that when Halloween Havoc airs live on closed circuit television, the action will be called by the one & only "Dean of professional wrestling" Gordon Solie!" (Huge pop)

NWAHalloweenHavoc.jpg

NWA Halloween Havoc

NWA World Heavyweight Championship Tournament First Round Matches:

Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight champion "Nature Boy " Ric Flair w/JJ Dillon

vs

Continental Heavyweight champion " Nature Boy" Buddy Landel

"Hacksaw" Butch Reed

vs

NWA World Tag Team Champion Ted Dibiase

"Captain Redneck" Dick Murdoch

vs

Bad News Allen w/Ernie Ladd

NWA United States Champion "The Russian Nightmare" Nikita Koloff

vs

Continental Television Champion Terry Taylor

Southeastern Heavyweight Champion Mr. Olympia

vs

Brad Armstrong

"Wildfire" Tommy Rich

vs

NWA Mid-South Champion "Soul Man" Rocky Johnson

Tully Blanchard w/Baby Doll

vs

"Handsome" Harley Race

"Macho Man" Randy Savage w/Ms Elizabeth

vs

NWA North American Champion Jake "The Snake" Roberts w/Shiek Adnan Al Kassie

*Non Tournament matches*

NWA World Jr Heavyweight Championship

"Flamboyant" Eric Embry(c)

vs

"Downtown" Denny Brown

NWA World Tag Team Championship 

Ted Dibiase & Steve " Dr Death" Williams(c)

vs

The Minnesota Wrecking Crew (Arn & Ole Anderson) w/JJ Dillon

Airing live on closed circuit television starting 6pm throughout all NWA territories. 

Hosted by Gordon Solie + A special surprise celebrity guest to sing the national anthem! 

===================

MATCH #3:

Brad Armstrong pinned Jackie Daytona following a Russian Leg Sweep

Post Match: The Bullet joins Brad at ringside with Joe Pedicino, Brad says he's laser focused on winning that Four Corners Match and earning a shot at that Southeastern title.  Bullet says that Tommy Rich made the biggest mistake of his life turning his back on his cousins last week because now, there's no one left to save him, it will finally be one on one, and he is finally going to give Tommy Rich the beating he deserves and that all the fans of Continental have been waiting to see! (fans cheer)

FB_IMG_1632768110636.jpg

===================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

===================

MATCH #4:

The Super Destroyers (#1/#2) w/Sherri Martel & Tom Prichard defeated The Galaxians (Zoltar/Quazar) when Super D #2 pinned Zoltar following a 'Superplex'

Post Match: Sherri says this Monday night that Tom Prichard will beat the Cobra and retain his U.S. Jr Championship and then the Super Destroyers will beat the Nightmares just like they just beat these two "losers" and become the Continental Tag Team Champions!

=====================

(The camera pans over to a small stage with a cactus on each corner of the stage with a sombrero on top of each but today there's a pink feather boa each one. A large pink pinata is hanging down right over the middle of the set, with two pink director's chairs arranged in the middle with a large banner on the wall behind them that has the 'Fiesta' in 'FIESTA GARDEN covered with the word 'EXOTIC' on, we then cut to a smiling Adrian Street)

Street: "Hello darlings, it's time for everyone's new favorite wrestling talk show…'the Exotic Garden', brought to you by those bunch of suspended liars and cheaters the Starr Corporation. Of course I'm your host, confidant, and wrestling companion 'Exotic' Adrian Street and of course we couldn't do the show without the lovely and dangerous, and might I add crutchless 'most dangerous valet in the business', Ms. Linda!" (Linda is wearing a pink karate Gi while trying to look as intimidating as possible)

Street: "Say hello Linda."

Linda: "Ello Linda"

Street: (Smiles wide) "Bloody brilliant! This show is already better than any episode of the Fiesta Garden has ever been.  So, tonight's guest is a man….if I can call him a man. Tonight's guest is someone who has proven to be perhaps the most lowdown untrustworthy backstabber in the entire promotion and that's saying a lot considering Al Madril, Chicky Starr, and Ronnie P. Gossett work here. Ladies and Gentlemen, please give an appropriate welcome to Tommy Rich."

(Tommy Rich strolls out to a loud chorus of boos from the crowd)

Street: "I'd say that was the appropriate response."

Rich: "First of all, sissy….I would have never agreed to do this show had I known I was going to have to deal with you, and might I add….I'm praying for a speedy recovery for both Al Madril and Ron Slinker."

Street: "You 'praying', that would be a sight wouldn't it?"

Rich: "You listen here, boy…..or girl or whatever you claim to be…."

Street: "Oh, I'm all man, darling…..step between those ropes with me and you'll learn what it means to be man handled."

Rich: (looking disgusted) "No thanks, I'd rather car pool with Magnum T.A. than get 'man handled' by you. (groan from the crowd as Street legit looks appalled) Any other time I'd slap you in the mouth for even suggesting such a thing, but right now the only thing I'm worried about is going to Halloween Havoc and becoming a TWO TIME NWA World Champion!"

Street: "Well good luck with that, Tom…..if you do win it, do you think you can hold on to it more than a week this time?"

Rich: "That's cute, sissy boy….so tell me, how long did you hold the World title? Oh, that's right you never have….and never will! You ain't got what it takes to beat a guy like Harley Race….so shut your damn mouth!"

Street: "Touche' Tom….touche'.  So, we heard earlier that you'll be facing NWA Mid-South Champion 'Soul Man' Rocky Johnson….how do you feel about that?"

Rich: "Soul Man? More like 'Slow Man', what has he got in his arsenal besides a wannabe 'Ali Shuffle' and a few jabs. He's not a rassler, he's an overrated boxer….beating him will be my easiest win in the tournament, unless I end up in there with Buddy Landel or Brad Armstrong."

Street: "Well, let's get to the question that everyone wants answered. Why would you attack your own family members last week?"

Rich: "I'm going to address this ONE TIME here and then I'm DONE talking about this. Davey dropped the ball and cost me the tag titles….which cost me money.  Johnny then defended him and tried to tell me what to do….so it's real simple, Adrian Street…so simple that even a limp wristed sissy like you could understand…..I don't care who you are, whether you're my cousin, brother, sister…..or yeah, even my momma…..NOBODY costs Tommy 'Wildfire' Rich money or tells me what to do and gets away with it…..bottom line….and since I'm sick to death of people asking me about that…..this interview is over!!" (Rich turns storms off)

Street: (again gives the famous Al Madril "who me?" look) "Well Linda, considering I was interviewing a Neanderthal with a limited vocabulary, I thought that went surprisingly well."

Linda: "He's quite the charming chap, isn't he?"

Street: "Most certainly a classy guy for sure.  Well, I think it's time to say goodnight Linda."

Linda: "Goodnight Linda."

Street: (smiling wide) "Outstanding! Thanks for joining us, lovelies, and 'Ta Ta' from the Exotic Garden."

===================

(Cut to the desk where Gossett is visibly seething)

Platt: "Another great Garden segment."

RPG: "I've had more enjoyable root canals, Platt.  Listening to Adrian Street makes me jealous of the deaf. Ms. Linda is as entertaining as a car crash, but without the benefit of Magnum T.A. having to forfeit the world title."

Platt: "Oh my….there's a special corner of hell for you and Tommy Rich, Fans, I apologize both to you and Terry Allen's family for the comments of those two. Let's go to break!"

====================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Charlie runs down Monday's card in Dothan

Houston County Farm Center

Dothan, Alabama

Monday November 1, 1986

Bell Time: 7:30pm

MAIN EVENT

NWA CONTINENTAL HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel

vs.

"Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller w/Col. Slick

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

NWA CONTINENTAL TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne)

vs.

The Super Destroyers (#1/#2) w/Sherri Martel

NWA SOUTHEASTERN CHAMPIONSHIP

Mr. Olympia

vs.

Winner of the Four Corners Match

TAG TEAM #1 CONTENDERS MATCH

"Dirty" Dutch Mantell/"Superstar" Bill Dundee

vs.

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden w/Col. Slick

GRUDGE MATCH

The Bullet

vs.

Tommy "Wildfire" Rich

AXE HANDLE ON A POLE MATCH

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

vs.

Jason the Terrible

$5,000 CHALLENGE MATCH

(Ron Slinker is barred from the building)

Tyree Pride

vs.

"The Great" Al Madril

FOUR CORNERS MATCH

(Winner gets S.E. Title Tonight)

Brad Armstrong

vs.

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda

vs.

"The Music City Sensation"

Billy Travis w/Downtown Bruno

vs.

The Grappler

NWA U.S Jr. Championship

Tom Prichard w/Sherri Martel

vs.

The Cobra

Cousin Junior

vs.

Tony Falk

(Card Subject to Change)

====================

VTR- Footage is shown of Doug Furnas competing in powerlifting competitions as well as more footage of him on the field playing football for UT, as 'Rocky Top' plays in the background with a voiceover tells us, "The World's Strongest Man" Doug Furnas is coming to Continental Championship Wrestling

doug-furnas-e1384402795921.jpg

DvHk4n6FdsMGcrQvD9VK2F2BynluSPEqSkd_osAx

====================

MATCH #5:
CCW Champion "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel defeated Tony Falk after a corkscrew elbow drop followed by a figure four leglock

Post Match: Joe Pedicino approaches Landel at ringside

Pedicino: "A great win tonight over Tony Falk, Buddy but I wanted to get a few words from you about the man we now know will be your first round opponent in the NWA World title tournament at Halloween Havoc tomorrow night, 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair."

Landel: "Well Joe, I'm sure this is Bill Watts' way of being a wise guy by taking a match that I'm sure fans hoped would take place in the finals and signing it for the first round, well you know what? That's just fine by me because it will be an opportunity to show the fans what I've been saying all along, I'M the REAL NATURE BOY! Ric Flair can't hold a candle to me and when I put him out in the first round that will silence the critics once and for all. Then I will stroll right through the rest of the competition and when you see me here on this television show next week, I'll be holding that 'ten pounds of gold' they call the NWA World Heavyweight Championship!"

(Ron Fuller and Col. Slick come to ringside)

Landel: (looks Slick up and down) "Well well well, what in the hell do we have here? Is that what they mean when they say, Col. Sanders extra crispy?" (laughs)

Fuller: "I would expect that sort of narrow minded ignorance to come from a no good Ric Flair wannabe like you, Landel! This here is Col. Slick, he's my new manager and the manager of the Stud Stable and he's going to lead me to victory when I take that Continental title from you on Monday in Dothan…..and if by some slim chance you do win that World title tomorrow, then I'll be glad to take that as well."

Landel: "This is the new manager of the Stud Stable? He looks like he ought to managing the KFC on the turnpike in that get up, you've got to be kidding me, Fuller!"

Col. Slick: "Ain't nobody kidding you, brutha! That's fine, boy….laugh it up…..think we're a joke and we'll see whose laughing when they are announcing the 'Tennessee Stud' as the new Continental Champion, turkey."

Landel: "Did he just call me 'boy' out here Pedicino?"

Col. Slick: "I damn sho did because if you was any kind of man, you would have accepted this man's (pointing at Ron) invitation to join the Slick Stable….but you didn't and that 'BOY' was a critical mistake, one you will look back on as the day you flushed your own career down the toilet….and that…'BOY' is all we have to say about that! Let's go Stud." (Slick and Fuller leave as Landel looks annoyed yet somewhat impressed)

Landel: "That's big talk coming from such a skinny guy, but I deal with those two clowns on Monday….right now all my attention is on winning that NWA World title and I promise you this Joe Pedicino…..Ric Flair ain't gonna stop and there's not a single man in that tournament that has what it takes to stop the real Nature Boy so line them up and I'll knock them down….all night long, daddy!"

====================

COMMERCIAL AIRS FOR HALLOWEEN HAVOC running down the entire card

====================

This week Ronnie P. Gossett is doing the drawing to determine the challenger for Terry Taylor's Television title.  Gossett takes the ball from the machine, checks the number and consults the list…and announces tonight's challenger is……The Mongolian Stomper!

MAIN EVENT

NWA Continental Television Championship

Terry Taylor

vs.

The Mongolian Stomper

Taylor is waiting in the ring for his challenger who comes through the ropes and immediately attacks the champion as the bell is ringing!  Taylor spends nearly the entire match fighting from underneath as the Stomper is just relentless, it almost seems like he's going to just destroy Taylor and take the TV title but finally at one point he charges Taylor in the corner who moves out of the way causing the Stomper crash head first into the turnbuckle busting his head wide open…..after a few moments Taylor manages to land the "five arm" and manages to get the pin to successfully defend his title and ensure his place in the NWA World Title Tournament tomorrow in Atlanta at the Omni for Halloween Havoc!

Platt: "Terry Taylor manages to retain the championship, fans we hope you join Gordon Solie tomorrow as he will call the action for NWA's Halloween Havoc where a brand new NWA World Champion will be crowned! We'll see you next week right here for more Continental Championship Wrestling!"

© 1986 Continental Championship Wrestling

Platt & RPG give us a (unnecessary) reminder that they've got the best opening exchange in the game.

Colonel Slick! Fuck yeah! Robert's reactions are perfect.

I could get used to trips to the "Exotic Garden". Rich & RPG get nuclear heat with their comments on Magnum T.A.

We've got a hell of a night of wrestling in Dothan coming up.

Somewhere Ric Flair got incredibly pissed without understanding why. Col Slick & The Stud work well together on the mic. I particularly like Col Slick calling Budro BOY.

Taylor has quite the final hurtle to clear on his way to Atlanta but clear it he does.

I wish Madril a speedy recovery but hey we're going to get the Exotic Garden tonight.

Dundee and Dutch promise one more match with the Stud Stable before moving on.

Speaking of the Stud Stable, Col Slick has arrived and is totally all up in his new gimmick. Fullers and Golden's reactions were priceless. This is going to be so entertaining! 

YES!!!! The New Breed is coming! I got chills hearing the Beastie Boys. Man, this brings back memories. 2002 baby! 

Grappler promises to win the 4 corners match and take down Olympia.

Once again, that is the best 1st round matches I've ever seen lined up in a tournament. 

Bullet thinks he has the advantage over Wildfire but Tommy always has a plan. 

Sherri says her Super Ds will be champs and Prichard will retain. IDK, Prichard will have his hands full with Cobra and never underestimate the Nightmares. 

LOL! Well it looks like Madril has some serious competition. Street and Linda were gold and Tommy Rich made all this even better. Tommy Rich winning the NWA world title would be the run of a lifetime in this game. I could only imagine. 

These Doug Furnas packages have been damn good. 

LOL, it doesn't get better than Landel and Slick bantering. I have no idea where this is all going but I'm going to enjoy the ride. 

Stomper made Taylor earn that win. Will Taylor have enough left for the tournament? 

Halloween Havoc is upon us! 

Great tournament for the Southeastern Title! Olympia is the right choice for the winner. Glad to see him back on the babyface side. He just feels right there.

Tommy Rich turning on his cousins was something I didn't see coming. The "fake ass cousins" line popped me.

Moving onto this weeks TV....

I'm going to need a status update on the health of Al Madril ASAP!!

The Exotic Garden with Tommy Rich.... this has the potential to be the greatest segment of all time.

"Bob Caudle did the play by play when David fought Goliath" LMFAO

Dundee and Dutch pick up a quick victory, and announce a #1 Contenders Match against the Stable.

Oh Shit... Slick and The Stud Stable may be my new favorite thing. Between the colorful suit and Leroy, this shit is fantastic. I'll be interested to see if Robert's position changes if they start winning.

The Grappler back in singles competition! Nice!

Nice wins for Brad and the Super D's

and as expected the Exotic Garden more than delivered!! We got answers to some questions that needed answered. We got some wonderful tension between Rich and Street. We got the "ello Linda" that popped me cause I could just hear the cockney accent. and we got the "I'd rather car pool with Magnum TA" line that had me laughing out loud at work and getting funny looks!

Oh Shit, the extra crispy line got me too! Great segment between Slick and Landel!

Big win for Taylor against the Stomper to close the show!!

Great show where you really pushed the limits with some of the promos with Slick.  I think that is wrestling at its best.  To me, wrestling is much more political than you think and always finds a way to invilve itself in the hot button topics of the day.  Crispy Col. Sanders was awesome!

Speaking of pushing bottons... Wildfire and the Car pool comment about T.A.!  Wow.  

I enjoy the Fiesta Garden everyweek but loved the Exotic Garden this week!

Houston County Farm Center

Dothan, Alabama

Monday November 1, 1986

Before the show begins Joe Pedicino comes out and welcomes the crowd to the show and announces that we have a new NWA World Heavyweight Champion in 'Hacksaw' Butch Reed who defeated Tommy 'Wildfire' Rich in the tournament finals at Halloween Havoc. (Crowd Cheers)  He follows it up by announcing that Ted Dibiase and 'Dr. Death' Steve Williams have finally been defeated for the NWA World Tag Team Championship by the Minnesota Wrecking Crew, Arn & Ole Anderson.  He says the new champions will all be defending their titles here in Continental very soon.

Cousin Junior pinned Tony Falk after a running splash

NWA U.S Jr. Championship

Tom Prichard w/Sherri Martel wrestled The Cobra to a 15 minute time limit draw. Afterwards the fans chanted 'five more minutes' but Prichard brushed it off and quickly exited ringside

FOUR CORNERS ELIMINATION MATCH

(Winner gets S.E. Title Tonight)

Brad Armstrong

vs.

vs.

Billy Travis w/Downtown Bruno

vs.

The Grappler

As the opening bell rang, Travis cracked Armstrong across the back of the head with his guitar breaking it over Brad's head.  Travis was immediately disqualified and eliminated, while Armstrong had to be carried away from ringside and was subsequently eliminated due to being unable to compete which essentially turned this into a one on one match between Street and the Grappler.  The match was a good back and forth match for the first several minutes until Street started to get the upper hand with some great technical wrestling holds……one being a crossface until the Grappler managed to get to the ropes to break the hold, once the hold was broken, Grappler pulled the referee in claiming Street was choking him, while the referee was with the Grappler, Al Madril ran down to ringside and slid into the ring, he put on some brass knuckles and when Street turned around he knocked him out, then ran back down the aisle, after a moment….the Grappler turned the referee loose and quickly went over and covered Street….the referee looked around trying to figure out what happened to Street but the Grappler yelled, "COUNT DAMMIT!" so the ref had no choice but to count. 1--2--3!! The Grappler wins and gets the Southeastern title shot later tonight.

$5,000 CHALLENGE MATCH

(Ron Slinker barred from the building)

"The Great" Al Madril pinned Tyree Pride when he managed to hit him with the same brass knucks he hit Street with in the previous match. Madril regains his lost cash from two weeks ago.

AXE HANDLE ON A POLE MATCH

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned Jason the Terrible after he managed to get the axe handle off the pole and give Jason a gut shot with it, Cooley then hit the ropes and landed his signature running bulldog to get the win

GRUDGE MATCH

The Bullet

vs.

Tommy "Wildfire" Rich

Rich came out wearing a t-shirt that read, "I dodged the Bullet".  He removed the shirt and revealed heavily bandaged ribs. Rich takes the microphone:

Rich: "Last night, I beat Rocky Johnson within an inch of his life and pinned him to advance in the World title tournament. Then I beat Mr. Olympia half to death and pinned him to further advance in the tournament. Then by the grace of God and living right I was fortunate enough to get a bye into the finals where that lunatic Butch Reed attacked me before I was ready and gave me not 1, not 2, but 3 of those stupid spears of his, breaking all of my ribs and knocking my guts loose…honestly it would have killed a lesser man, but I mustered up the strength to come here and tell all you fans and Bob Armstrong here….that I'm unable to rassle here tonight because I'm not medically cleared to be in the ring." (crowd boos and Bullet is livid…..Les Thatcher enters the ring)

Thatcher: "Tommy, I spoke with the physician who checked on you after last night's tournament and he informed me that while you do have a couple of bruised ribs, they aren't broken and that you ARE cleared to wrestle and if you choose not to then you will be find AND suspended!"  (Rich is having a fit as Thatcher quickly exits the ring and the bell rings)

Once the bell rings, The Bullet goes after Rich with a flurry of punches as he backs him into the corner and just works over Rich's bruised ribs with some hard shoulders to the mid section. Rich finally manages to roll out of the ring and starts to head back up the aisle…..but he suddenly starts back peddling towards the ring as his cousins Johnny and Davey meet him in the aisle and back him down until the Bullet comes out to the floor and grabs him and pitches him back into the ring! Bullet works him over some more before Rich finally manages to gain control with a 'low blow' behind the referee's back.  This allows Rich to take control with chokes, eye gouges, and every other form of cheating he can muster. Rich works the Bullet over for a minutes and finally goes to put him away with a piledriver, but the Bullet reverses it with a backdrop! As Rich comes back to his feet Bullet is there to greet him with another flurry of punches which causes Rich to once again roll out of the ring and start back up the aisle but AGAIN Johnny and Davey are there and this time they pick Tommy up and carry him back over to the ring and pitch him back in! Tommy is furious as he stands back up and screams at his cousins, the Bullet rolls him up from behind with a school boy and gets the pin!! The Bullet finally gets a win over Tommy Rich!! Tommy is having a hissy fit in the ring as Johnny and Davey point and laugh at him at ringside as the Bullet leaves to the tune of George Thorogood's 'Bad to the Bone'

TAG TEAM #1 CONTENDERS MATCH

The Stud Stable (Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden) w/Col. Slick defeated "Dirty" Dutch Mantell/"Superstar" Bill Dundee when Fuller pinned Dundee after Slick handed an envelope to Dutch Mantell right after the match started unbeknownst to Dundee, and Mantell stuck it in his singlet and refused to tag in through the entire match before finally hitting Dundee with the wooden handle of his bullwhip as he crawled over trying to tag out….allowing Fuller to pin him with one foot on his chest! After the match Mantell shook hands with Slick, Fuller, and Golden then left with them.

NWA SOUTHEASTERN CHAMPIONSHIP

Mr. Olympia pinned The Grappler after Al Madril came down to interfere again but was cut off by Adrian Street, this allowed Olympia to hit the Grappler with the DDT and get the win

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

NWA CONTINENTAL TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) defeated The Super Destroyers (#1/#2) w/Sherri Martel when Super D # 2 went for the superplex on Davis who was able to shift his weight in mid air and come down on top of Super D #2 for the pin to retain the titles. Sherri was clearly angry afterwards and walked away leaving the Super Destroyers in the ring

MAIN EVENT

NWA CONTINENTAL HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel

vs.

"Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller w/Col. Slick

The bell rings to start the match but Col. Slick grabs the microphone and comes in the ring as Robert Fuller, Jimmy Golden, and Dutch Mantel approach ringside.

Slick: "Hold up, hold up, hold up! Listen Landel, I know the Stud offered to let you join the Stable before but they didn't offer you any perks….ya know what I mean? Listen, we just want the Continental title in the stable, it doesn't have to be on Ron….so hear me out.  You join the Stable right now, I'll hand you an envelope full of cash like your good friend Dutch Mantell got earlier when HE JOINED THE STABLE, plus you can keep the title, you can take the cash, and you'll have me in your corner for all your future title defenses."

Ron: "Hold on Slick, we didn't discuss this."

Landel: "You know Slick, I like what you're saying but the problem is, I don't like Ron Fuller."

(Slick hands Landel the envelope)

Slick: "That's ok, I don't either!"

Ron: "What, wait a damn minute here…"

Ron grabs Slick as Landel blasts Ron Fuller in the back of the head with the Continental title belt, Ron Fuller goes down…..Robert Fuller, Jimmy Golden, and Dutch Mantell charge the ring as Landel and Slick back into the opposite corner and exit the ring. Robert Fuller helps his brother Ron back to his feet……then blasts him with a big right hand, as Golden and Mantel join in putting the boots to him….which brings Landel and Slick back into the ring to join in!! Landel backs everyone away and then locks Ron Fuller in a figure four leglock…as Robert grabs the microphone.

Robert: "Slickster, I have to admit I was skeptical at first but you told us you'd get Dutch to join us, and you did it! You said you would make sure that me and Jimmy would be the number one contenders and you did it! You told us that you could convince Buddy Landel to join the SLICK Stable and ByGod you did that too…..and you told ME that you'd get me out of the shadow of that big goofy brother of mine and Slick….you've done that too because it's hard to cast a shadow flat on your back! You're looking at the new Tennessee Stud right here and Slickster, I'd follow you to hell and back cause you're a man of your word unlike Ron Fuller! You're no longer my brother, you loser!!"

Slick: "In the words of Hannibal from the A-Team, I love it when a plan comes together!"

Landel: (who has released the figure four as Ron writhes on the mat in pain) "And for God's sake, get rid of that stupid suit…you don't need that anymore now that you're rid of that big lanky idiot, Ron Fuller!"

Slick and Robert Fuller raise Landel's hand as the unofficial of this "match".  The fans are not pleased at all as the new "Slick's Stable" leaves with Ron Fuller laying face down in the ring clutching his knee

Prichard with the classic heel move, denying fans a sudden death after a time limit draw.

Travis may not have thought that entirely through. But he DID cost Armstrong a title shot as well so it wasn't a total loss.

Glad to see Madril in fighting shape. He's gonna have to be when Street gets ahold of him.

Cooley beats Jason with his own axehandle.

I think we can all agree that if anyone in this game has earned "the grace of god" by "living right" it's Tommy Rich! Regrettably it seems Johnny & Davey aren't as forgiving as Peggy.

Oh man! Mantell takes a payoff before the #1 contenders tournament.

Grappler & Madril must've had something worked out. And they would've got away with it if it hadn't been for that meddling Street!

Well they had a better run then Adonis but it seems that Sherri has run outta patience with the Super Ds.

By god Slick steals the stable right out from under the stud! The Slick Stable has the Continental Heavyweight Champion, the #1 contenders to the tag titles & the always dangerous Dutch Mantell. The Starr Corporation has some SERIOUS competition for top heel faction in the territory.

I knew Cobra would give Prichard some trouble. Maybe next time we'll get an extended time limit.

Damn, Billy Joe starts things off by whacking Brad over the head with his guitar. He's started something big here, messing with the Armstrong's. Things get more interesting as Madril interferes and takes out Street. Grappler gets the shot.

Madril is pretty good with those brass knuckles as he gets his money back.

Cooley makes the most of the axe handle and puts down Jason. 

Well, Tommy tried but couldn't dodge the Bullet tonight. Cousin Rich's get some payback as does Bullet. Can't wait to see what Wildfire does next. 

They don't call him Dirty Dutch for nothing. I'm sure Dundee will find some friends quick. 

Madril tries again but Street puts a stop to it as Olympia DDTs his way over Grappler. 

Sherri doesn't like to lose! 

Another big Continental swerve! Slick is a mastermind. The new Stud Stable is going to rule Continental. I can't wait for more Landel/Slick conversations. Pure Gold! 

It amazes me that you can put out huge cards like this week after week. 

You got me! I absolutely thought Tommy Rich was going to wriggle his way out of a confrontation with the Bullet! It's so satisfying to see him get his comeuppance, especially when the cause is the very bridges he arrogantly burned! I'm really happy with that turn from Buddy Landel - Slick has proves his worth to the Stud Stable in an impressive amount of time!

CCW RANDOM SPOT SHOWS....

Aberdeen High School Gym

Aberdeen, Mississippi

Thursday November 4, 1986

Bell Time- 7pm

Cousin Junior pinned the Galaxian with a big splash

Mr. Wrestling 3 pinned Doug Gilbert with a handful of tights

"World's Strongest Man" Doug Furnas beat "Killer" Tim Brooks by DQ when Brooks struck the referee

Brad Armstrong pinned "Marvelous" Mark Starr with a backslide

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
Continental Television Champion Terry Taylor pinned "Outlaw" Ron Bass with the 'five arm'

MAIN EVENT

The Bullet/The New Breed (Chris Champion/Sean Royal) defeated The Mongolian Stomper/The Super Destroyers (#1/#2) when Bullet pinned Super D #1

============================================

East Mississippi Community College Gym

West Point, Mississippi

Friday November 5, 1986

Bell Time 8pm

"World's Strongest Man" Doug Furnas defeated The Galaxian with a bearhug

"Marvelous" Mark Starr pinned Doug Gilbert with his feet on the ropes

The New Breed (Chris Champion/Sean Royal) defeated Tony Falk/Dusty Wolfe when Champion pinned Falk after a legdrop off the top rope

The Mongolian Stomper pinned Cousin Junior after a big boot to the head

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Continental Television Champion Terry Taylor pinned Super Destroyer #1

MAIN EVENT

The Bullet/Brad Armstrong defeated The Desperados (Ron Bass/Killer Brooks) when Brad pinned Brooks with a sunset flip

===========================================

Sports Arena

Tupelo, Mississippi

Saturday November 8, 1986

Bell Time 8pm

"World's Strongest Man" Doug Furnas defeated Nelson Royal with a bear hug

"Marvelous" Mark Starr pinned Todd Morton after top rope splash

"Dirty" Dutch Mantell w/Slick defeated Continental TV Champion Terry Taylor in a non-title match due to Slick's interference

Johnny/Davey Rich defeated The Desperados (Ron Bass/Killer Brooks) when Johnny pinned Brooks with after a double dropkick

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
The Bullet pinned Tommy "Wildfire" Rich with an assist from Johnny/Davey Rich

MAIN EVENT

NWA Continental Tag Team Championship

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) defeated The Grapplers (#1/#2) when Davis pinned Grappler #2 with a small package

Fun set of spot shows.

These were the perfect places for guys like Furnas, Starr and New Breed to showcase themselves. 

Big win for Taylor over Bass to retain his TV title. However, Slick continues to prove his worth as he helps Dutch beat the TV champ in a non title match. 

Johnny and Davey continue to be thorns for Wildfire.

Even though they came up short, always good seeing the Grapplers in action. 

Really well put together set of shows.  The Houston County Farm Center show was great.  I love how you use these elimination matches and continue to fin ways to keep everyone looking good.  Travis hitting Brad gets them out with no harm down to their characters and then we get some outside interference in the end so everyone looks good in the end.  Nice job.

Fun to see Johnny and Rich not helping Tommy.  Can't wait to see what is next here.

That main event was pure chaos.  I admit I had to read it a few times to get it all figured with who was helping and hitting Ron or Rob Fuller but once I got it, it was awesome.  

Good job getting some of the other talent on the spot shows to see how the crowd reacts to them.  It looks like you have some plans for Furnas!

Continental Championship Wrestling TV- RECAP VERSION

Previously Recorded/Airing on Saturday November 6, 1986

Host: Charlie Platt

Co-Host: Ronnie P. Gossett

Ring Announcer: Freddie Miller

Interviewer: Joe Pedicino

(Show opens with highlights of Dutch Mantell turning on Bill Dundee after being handed an envelope presumed to be full of cash from Slick leading to Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden becoming the #1 Contenders to the Tag Team Titles…..we then see clips of the "double turn" as Slick pays Landel who then joins in on Robert/Jimmy/Dutch turning on 'TN. Stud' Ron Fuller and leaving him laying in place of the main event title match that was scheduled)

Platt says tonight we'll hear not only from the fresh off suspension Starr Corporation but also from Dusty Rhodes, he then announces that Butch Reed is the NWA World Champion and that the Minnesota Wrecking Crew are the new tag champs and will be coming in to defend against the Nightmares soon.

The new 'Slick Stable' come out before the first match. Slick who is back to wearing his pin striped suit says that Robert Fuller is the REAL Tennessee Stud and that Ron Fuller's wrestling career is OVER! Slick gives Landel the week off after a "job well done".  Robert Fuller says that thanks to Slick, he and his cousin Jimmy Golden will win the Continental Tag Team titles! Dutch Mantell says that Bill Dundee is going to have his career ended just like Ron Fuller's was last week!

===================

MATCH #1:

Slick's Stable (Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden/Dutch Mantell) defeated Todd Morton/Ray Odyssey/Mitch Snow when Mantell pinned Snow after a 'Gourd Buster'

==================

Brad Armstrong says that he's going to make Billy Joe Travis regret hitting him with that guitar last week when they square off this Monday night in Mobile!

-----------------------------

MATCH #2:

Brad Armstrong pinned Dusty Wolfe following a 'Russian Leg Sweep'

==================

Another promo video for the 'tag team of the future' The New Breed- coming soon to CCW

==================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

==================

(Promo in the dressing room of the Starr Corporation. Chicky says that giving them time off was a huge mistake as they are now rested and ready to destroy Dusty Rhodes and all his buddies which this Monday will be JYD and Mr. Olympia who will be destroyed by Killer Khan and Abdullah the Butcher! Chicky says that Brody is over in Japan at the moment making money but he could be back at any given moment!)

------------------------------

MATCH #3:

Starr Corporation (Killer Khan/Abdullah the Butcher) w/Chicky Starr & Teijho Khan defeated Frank Reynolds/Randy Watson when Abdullah pinned Watson after the running elbow drop

===================

Commercial for NWA Halloween Havoc '86 coming soon from NWA Home Video!

===================

(VTR- Dusty Rhodes is sitting at home, he's very soft spoken and low key (a very 'un-Dusty' promo) Dusty says that right now he's focused on two things, his friend Magnum TA's recovery and getting himself healthy enough to come back to Continental and destroy Chicky Starr and his men especially Bruiser Brody. Dusty says, you won't know when he's coming back, but you'll damn sure that he's back….when he's back)

===================

Commercial promoting Starrcade '86 on Thanksgiving Day at the Omni in Atlanta

===================

Promo airs announcing "World's Strongest Man" Doug Furnas debuts on TV, NEXT WEEK!
===================

It's announced that there's been a $10,000 bounty offered to anyone who can run Adrian Street out of CCW and word is his former ally The Mongolian Stomper will be the first to try and collect it this Monday night, Pedicino says that the rumor is, Al Madril is furious about last week's 'Exotic Garden' and that he is the one who has put the bounty on Street but that remains to be seen

-------------------------------

MATCH #4:

The Mongolian Stomper pinned Ray Purchase after a big boot to the head

====================

Fiesta Garden with Sherri Martel's new tag team of "Loverboy" Lance Starr/"Marvelous" Mark Starr collectively known as 'Starr Power'. Lance and Mark are wearing matching outfits shiny red long tights with black stars down the side and red sequined jackets with a black star on the back with Power written in gold in the middle of the star.  Madril has fun at first asking Lance, "Haven't we met before?" to which the former Lance Von Erich quickly replied, "Nope".  Sherri puts over the fact that she's been hearing about some lame new team claiming to be the "tag team of the future" but she says that Starr Power is the REAL tag team of the future "not two geeks with stupid haircuts"!  Madril says that he's seen those videos and comments "those two guys look like they're the worst!" Sherri promises that Tom Prichard will retain the U.S. Jr. Title in his rematch against The Cobra this Monday night. Madril wishes Stomper luck against Street in the Bounty Match this week as the Fiesta Garden comes to a close.

====================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Charlie announces the card for Monday night in Mobile

Expo Hall

Mobile, Alabama

Monday November 8, 1986

MAIN EVENT

TAG TEAM GRUDGE MATCH

Junkyard Dog/Mr. Olympia

vs.

Killer Khan/Abdullah the Butcher

w/Chicky Starr & Teijho Khan

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

NWA Continental Tag Team Championship

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne)

vs.

Slick's Stable (Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden) w/Slick

REVENGE MATCH

"Superstar" Bill Dundee

vs.

"Dirty" Dutch Mantell w/Slick

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH

Brad Armstrong

vs.

Billy Joe Travis w/Downtown Bruno

NWA U.S. Jr Championship- Return Match

30 Minute Time Limit

Tom Prichard w/Sherri Martel

vs.

The Cobra

BOUNTY MATCH

vs.

The Mongolian Stomper

Starr Power ("Loverboy" Lance Starr/"Marvelous" Mark Starr)

w/Sherri Martel

vs.

Johnny/Davey Rich

"World's Strongest Man" Doug Furnas

vs.

Tony Falk

=====================

Joe Pedicino drew out a man who has just returned to CCW as the challenger for the TV title, 'Dirty White Boy' Tony Anthony!

-----------------------------------

MATCH #5:

Continental Television Championship

Terry Taylor pinned "Dirty White Boy" Tony Anthony with a small package to retain the TV title

======================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

======================

(VTR- Tommy Rich says he ain't even mad at the Bullet for his "cheap meaningless victory" last week…..he's just pissed at his so-called cousins Johnny and Davey Rich. He said he's going to take a week or two off to "get his head right" and soon he'll be have a tag team partner to help him run Johnny and Davey right out of Continental for good!)

======================

Before the main event, Platt tells us that next week Les Thatcher will be here to announce a number of matches for the upcoming Starrcade card on Thanksgiving Day at the Omni in Atlanta, Georgia.

=====================

MAIN EVENT

MATCH #6:

Non-Title Match

The Desperados (Ron Bass/Killer Brooks) defeated The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) when Bill Irwin interfered allowing Bass to pin Ken Wayne. After the match, Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden hit the ring and beatdown the Nightmares and left them laying as the show went off the air!

Slick's Stable makes a successful debut & promise more gold in the near future.

Brad is ready to teach Billy Joe a lesson.

Starr Corporation is back with a vengeance!

Speaking of vengeance, Dusty clearly has it on his mind.

So Madril wins a 10k wager match then that exact amount is offered as a bounty on Adrian Street who's been messing with Madril for weeks...who could be responsible for this?

Starr Power sounds like a team Sherri would manage. Might wanna keep Lance away from Madril though.

Mobile is in for a treat on Monday.

Taylor's run as tv champ continues with a win over the DWB.

Who the hell would want to team with Tommy Rich?

"Wild" Bill makes the perfect Desperado. Between them & the post match attack by Fuller & Golden The Nightmares had a rough night.

Slick's Stable picks up a nice win, and when they bring home those Tag Titles, they are going to be dripping in gold!

Shit between The Starr Corporation and Dusty is going to get real violent, real fast. Looking forward to it!

10,000 bucks for Adrian Street! I might know some guys in Florida!

Fiesta Garden sounds like a good one, and Starr Power should make for some nice lower card heels. Madril asking Lance if they've met is hilarious! I have to wonder what Chicky thinks of these Starr's.

Great card for Mobile!

I can't WAIT to see who Tommy Rich produces as a tag team partner!

"Wild" Bill Irwin arrives and joins Brooks and Bass! Desperado's just got stronger!!! Poor Nightmares get beatings all around.

Good Stuff Dude!!

Expo Hall
Mobile, Alabama
Monday November 8, 1986

"World's Strongest Man" Doug Furnas defeated Tony Falk by submission with a bear hug

Starr Power ("Loverboy" Lance Starr/"Marvelous" Mark Starr) w/Sherri Martel defeated Johnny/Davey Rich when Tommy Rich came out of the crowd wearing a disguise and broke a coke bottle over Johnny's head busting him open and allowing Mark Starr to get the pin

BOUNTY MATCH
"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda pinned The Mongolian Stomper in a very hard hitting physical match that eventually saw Street win with a small package

U.S. Jr Championship-
Return Match 30 Minute Time Limit
Tom Prichard w/Sherri Martel pinned The Cobra with a roll up and a handful of tights in 26:46

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH
Brad Armstrong pinned "The Music City Sensation" Billy Joe Travis w/Downtown Bruno following a 'Russian Legsweep', after the match Travis snuck up behind Armstrong and broke another guitar over the back of his head. Brad was bleeding and had to be taken out on a stretcher.

REVENGE MATCH
"Superstar" Bill Dundee beat "Dirty" Dutch Mantell w/Slick by DQ when Buddy Landel hit the ring as Dundee hit Mantell with the "Bombs Away" sit down splash off the top rope and broke up the pin.....they double teamed Dundee for a moment until the Bullet ran in and made the save!

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
Continental Tag Team Championship
Slick's Stable (Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden w/Slick defeated The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) after Slick broke his cane over Ken Wayne behind the ref's back allowing Fuller to get the pin to win the titles!

MAIN EVENT
TAG TEAM GRUDGE MATCH
Junkyard Dog/Mr. Olympia defeated Killer Khan/Abdullah the Butcher w/Chicky Starr & Teijho Khan when JYD pinned Khan with the THUMP powerslam

Right now I believe every word Slick says. Slick Stable, what a name! 

Billy Joe might be in big trouble. 

Starr Corporation is back! Can you imagine looking across the ring and seeing Khan and Abby. 

When Dusty is low key, he's serious. Chicky better be ready.

Starrcade! Can't wait! 

I think big things are in store for Doug Furnas. 

Oh no, Street has a bounty on his head. Former ally Stomper wants to collect.

Sherri introduces Starr Power on the Fiesta Garden. Madril asking Lance if they've met cracked me up. I'm still laughing from the last time Lance was on the Fiesta Garden. I'm not sure Chicky is going to let the Starr name slide. 

Dirty White Boy returns and gets the lucky draw. Luck runs out as Taylor retains. Maybe the Great Gagne will sneak his name in LOL. 

Tommy is more pissed at his cousins than the Bullet. Johnny and Davey better watch their backs. 

Wild Bill reunites with his old Texas alumni and helps them beat the Nightmares.

To the Expo Hall,

I knew Tommy wouldn't waste any time. Thanks to him, Sherri's new team has a successful debut. 

It's going to be hard collecting the bounty on Street. Just ask Stomper.

Jr. title match gets extended time and the champ prevails over a game Cobra. Good night for Sherri.

Well, Brad gets the win but ends up on a stretcher. Brad needs eyes in the back of his head.

Looks like Dundee has found a friend in Bullet. Thank goodness. 

Once again, Slick follows through on his words as Fuller and Golden defeat the Nightmares for the titles! 

Olympia and JYD win the battle but I'm sure Chicky isn't finished with the war. 

So much good stuff happening in Continental. 

Furnas is off to a Strong start! Get it?... *crickets* I'll show myself out.

Tommy starts paying his "cousins" back by screwing them against Starr Power.

Street withstands Stomper but I got a feeling he's gonna have a lot more to deal with considering 10k is at stake.

Cobra takes the champ into the deep water but Prichard is too devious & escapes with the gold.

Armstrong silences Travis but once again runs afoul of El Cabong!

Good thing The Bullet was around to give Dundee a helping hand against the Slick Stable.

Speaking of whom, Fuller & Golden win the tag titles! I'll never doubt the Slickster again.

JYD delivers the Thump to Killer Khan! Now there's a show-ending visual.