Pro Wrestling Only

Continental Championship Wrestling

GeneJackson95

I'm really digging the Bullet run of dominance here! Arian Street managing to eek out a victory against the Mongolian Stomper is such a relief but I'm sure he's still got a tough road ahead of him! The Slick Stable are really proving their worth, someone needs to come up with a strategy for dealing with them!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice week of shows for CCW but NWA President Bill Watts might not be too happy with you discussing CCW chaos with Slick, Landel, the Fullers and everyone else before brushing over the fact that we have a bew NWA champion and new NWA tag champions.  Just because neither are from CCW don't be showing the sour grapes on national TV.... lol!

I like the somber Dusty promo as T.A. should not just be forgotten.

Like all your angles but really looking forward to Wildfire and his cousins!

Sherri and Starr Power is a nice fit.  

Like how Furnas is paying his dues on the house circuit.  Very real feel to CCW

JYD and Olympia are right back where they need to be and that's making the fans happy!

Continental+Championship+Wrestling+logo.

Continental Championship Wrestling TV

Previously Recorded/Airing on Saturday November 13, 1986

Host: Charlie Platt

Co-Host: Ronnie P. Gossett

Ring Announcer: Freddie Miller

Interviewer: Joe Pedicino

(The show opens showing once again where Butch Reed defeated Tommy Rich in the finals of the NWA World Championship tournament at Halloween Havoc to win the title and become the first black World Heavyweight Champion, we then go to the opening montage and then over to the desk with Charlie Platt and Ronnie P. Gossett)

Platt: "Hello and welcome once again to Continental Championship Wrestling, I'm Charlie Platt and with me as always is my co-host Ronnie P. Gossett."

RPG: "Well, I hope the NWA President Bill Watts is happy that we opened the show with footage of Butch Reed winning the World Championship since we saved that for last in last week's opening montage and he was unhappy I was told, even though from what I was taught you save the best for last but apparently he was displeased we showed the Stud Stable footage first….so, is that what we're doing now Charlie? Are we going to straight to our main event right now and working our way backwards?"

Platt: (looking annoyed) "Do we really need to do that on television?"

RPG: "I just want to make sure that Emperor Watts is happy, we wouldn't want to anger his majesty."

(Les Thatcher walks out actually smiling and seeming somewhat amused by Gossett's outburst)

Platt: "Les, welcome to the show, I understand you have some things to discuss."

Thatcher: "Well first and foremost, as Mr. Gossett mentioned Butch Reed is the new NWA World Champion so let's just make sure everyone is aware of that."

Platt: "Yes sir, I think that's established at this point."

Thatcher: "Ok, just so that's clear. Now we also have new NWA World Tag Team Champions, the Minnesota Wrecking Crew, Arn and Ole Anderson who defeated Dr. Death and Ted Dibiase at Halloween Havoc.  Mr. Watts is allowing Continental to send challengers for those titles on Thanksgiving night at Starrcade so this Monday night in Huntsville, there's going to be a twelve teams competing in a tag team battle royal with the winning team going on to Starrcade to challenge the Andersons for the World Tag Team titles. Those twelve teams will be revealing later in the show when we go over the full card for Monday night. Another thing I wanted to mention is since we got such a great response to Adrian Street's 'Exotic Garden' two weeks ago, starting tonight we will alternate each week between the Fiesta Garden and the Exotic Garden with tonight being Adrian's week to host the Exotic Garden."

RPG: (rolls eyes) "Oh joy…"

Thatcher: "I knew you'd be excited Ronnie.  Also, Johnny and Davey Rich came to me demanding a match against Tommy Rich and any partner he could find but Tommy refused and said he couldn't make it to Huntsville this week due to 'personal reasons'.  So, Johnny and Davey have been entered in the battle royal to compete for the World Tag Team title shot. Now, just a couple of more things…..on Monday night, Dutch Mantell will be facing Bill Dundee in a 'Lumberjack Match' and Buddy Landel will be defending the Continental Championship against the Bullet.  Based on what's taken place lately, I'm making a ruling that if ANYONE from the Stud Stable including Slick interferes in either of those matches, the entire Stable will be fined and suspended!"

RPG: "WHAT? That's not fair! You can't do that!"

Thatcher: "Correction, I can and I just did. Also, let me add that based on his recent actions, Billy Joe Travis will not be allowed to bring any guitars to ringside when he comes out to wrestle, if he brings out a guitar he will be immediately disqualified!"

RPG: "WHAT?? Thatcher, you're getting worse that dictator Bill Watts!"

Thatcher: "Ok, so that's enough talking from me, let's get to some action."

RPG: "Ok, but just to recap….who is the new World Champion?"

Thatcher: "Butch Reed is the new World Champion and he will be coming to Continental very soon to defend that championship."

===============

MATCH #1:

Scott/Steve Armstrong defeated The Galaxians (Zoltar/Quazar) when Steve pinned Zoltar after a dropkick off the top rope

Promo- Scott says he's back at 100% health wise and it's good to be back. He says that he's completely focused on going after those World Tag Team titles with his brother Steve but somewhere down the line he wants a match with Tom Prichard to try and regain that U.S. Jr title that he was never defeated for.

===≈==========

Joe Pedicino is back stage with Sherri Martel Lance/Mark Starr, and Tom Prichard.  Joe asks Prichard about the challenge that Scott Armstrong just laid down, Prichard says if Scott wants to stay healthy he better concentrate on teaming with his brother because wrestling him will put him right back on the injured list. Joe asks Sherri why the Super Destroyers aren't in the battle royal this week, Sherri replies: "How should I know, I dropped those losers a couple of weeks ago….enough about them, everyone better get ready for next week on this television show because you're going to witness something amazing….the rebirth of Adrian Adonis, he's going to be like a butterfly coming out of his cocoon and he will be the winner he was always destined to be! Tommy, you did such a great job beating the Cobra last week, you can take the week off because Starr Power are going to win that battle royal just like they won against the Richs last week and take us all to Starrcade!"

===============

COMMERCIAL BREAK

===============

MATCH #2:

Bruiser Brody w/Chicky Starr pinned Mitch Snow after a jumping piledriver

Promo- Chicky Starr says that Mr. Olympia has to be the dumbest wrestler ever because on Monday night, he's not only going to be in that battle royal that also includes Abdullah the Butcher and Killer Khan, he's also signed to defend his Southeastern title against Bruiser Brody on the same night!  Brody yells that not only is he going to take Olympia's title, he's going to remove his mask….with his head still in it!!

===============

We cut to the back where Joe Pedicino is with JYD and Mr. Olympia.  JYD says that last week they got some revenge on Chicky Starr's men by defeating Killer Khan and Abdullah the Butcher, and just like we beat them last week, we're going to toss them out of that battle royal along with everyone else and we will be taking on the Andersons at Starrcade.  Olympia adds that the Dog is right, nothing is going to stop them from winning that battle royal and that he might be crazy for agreeing to face Brody on the same night, but don't count him out….he may just have a few tricks left up his sleeve.

===============

MATCH #3:

Johnny/Davey Rich defeated Randy Watson/Ray Purchase when Johnny pinned Purchase following a double dropkick

===≈===========

COMMERCIAL BREAK - Starrcade commercial

==≈============

(Ronnie P. Gossett is standing in the locker room with Downtown Bruno and Billy Joe Travis)

RPG: "I'm here with my good friend Downtown Bruno, first off I want to say that tune you played on Brad Armstrong last week may just be your best one yet!"

BJT: "Why thank ya Ronnie, I call that one the 'Armstrong Blues'!"

RPG: "It was certainly a HIT" (laughing ensues)

Bruno: "So listen Ronnie, I know you know all about this ten thousand dollar bounty that some mysterious person has placed on Adrian Street."

RPG: "I recall hearing something about it, I believe.  No clue who could be behind it."

Bruno: "Well of course, no knows but that doesn’t mean I'm not looking to collect it….so since Billy Joe is such a busy entertainer and I cut ties with those Desperados, I called up my old friend the Mighty Goliath and he has promised me he's going to collect that bounty this Monday night in Huntsville."

RPG: "Oh my….that's guy is huge! He's monster, he's sure to collect you that money!"

Bruno: "Darn right he will and then not only will we collect that money but it will put an end to that horrible 'Exotic Garden' that I have to be on later tonight."

RPG: "I'm so sorry you have to endure that, Bruno."

Bruno: "Ronnie baby, it's like mama says, it beez that way sometimes."

----------‐--------------

MATCH #4:

The Mighty Goliath w/Downtown Bruno pinned Todd Morton with a 'big splash'

Goliath.jpg

≈===============

COMMERCIAL BREAK

================

MATCH #5:

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned Sammy Hall after a running bulldog

Promo: Joe Pedicino approaches Wendell at ringside and asks him about his match this Monday night in Huntsville.  Wendell says, "I know Sherri is behind this, first she sends Jason the Terrible after me…he didn't get the job done so now I'm told this Monday night I'm facing Leatherface?? I thought Halloween was over Joe."  (Just then a loud noise heard off camera, we cut to the aisle where Leatherface is approaching ringside with a chainsaw going, Cooley grabs a steel chair and they have a stand off as Platt yells, "Let's get out of this right now!")

================

Highlights are shown of Doug Furnas' match last Monday against Tony Falk where he got the win with a bearhug!

Charlie runs down the card for Monday night in Huntsville:

Von Braun Civic Center

Huntsville, Alabama

Monday November 15, 1986

Bell Time: 7pm

MAIN EVENT

CONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel w/Slick

vs.

The Bullet

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

SOUTHEASTERN CHAMPIONSHIP

Mr. Olympia

vs.

Bruiser Brody w/Chicky Starr

LUMBERJACK MATCH

"Superstar" Bill Dundee

vs.

"Dirty" Dutch Mantell w/Slick

TAG TEAM BATTLE ROYAL

WINNERS GET A WORLD TAG TITLE SHOT AT STARRCADE '86

1. The Desperados
  2. Johnny/Davey Rich
  3. Slick's Stable (Fuller/Golden)
  4. The Bullet/Bill Dundee
  5. Buddy Landel/Dutch Mantell
  6. Starr Power
  7. Mr. Olympia/Junkyard Dog
  8. The Grapplers
  9. The New Breed
  10. Killer Khan/Abdullah the Butcher
  11. The Nightmares
  12. Scott/Steve Armstrong

$10,000 Bounty Match

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda

vs.

The Mighty Goliath w/Downtown Bruno

GRUDGE TAG TEAM MATCH

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne)

vs.

The Desperados ('Wild' Bill Irwin/Ron Bass) w/Killer Brooks

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

vs.

Leatherface

"World's Strongest Man" Doug Furnas

vs.

Super Destroyer #2

Scorpio

vs.

Galaxian Zoltar

(CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE)

================

(The camera pans over to a small stage with a cactus on each corner of the stage with a pink sombrero on top of each and a pink feather boa on each one. A large pink pinata is hanging down right over the middle of the set, with two pink director's chairs arranged in the middle with a large banner on the wall behind them that now reads 'EXOTIC GARDEN', we then cut to a smiling Adrian Street as his song "I'm in love with me" plays in the background)

Street: "Hello darlings, it's time for everyone's real favorite wrestling talk show…'the Exotic Garden', brought to you by 'Shake Wrestle and Roll' the album by your's truly . Of course I'm your host, confidant, and wrestling companion 'Exotic' Adrian Street and of course we couldn't do the show without the lovely, vivacious, and 'most dangerous valet in the professional wrestling', Ms. Linda!" (Linda is once again wearing a pink karate Gi while trying to look as intimidating as possible)

Street: "Say hello Linda."

Linda: "Ello Linda"

Street: "Bloody perfection, love.  I don't know that we can top that, it's all down hill from here…especially considering who our guests are…." (Before Adrian could announce them Downtown Bruno followed by the Mighty Goliath and Billy Joe Travis)

Bruno: "The pleasure is all yours Street, obviously. Take a look, Street….look at how the Mighty Goliath towers over you, there's no way we don't collect this ten thousand dollar bounty."

Street: "Oh stop it, Bruno….everyone knows the bigger they are the harder they fall and I will tie this big lug into knots and make him cry for his Mum."

Travis: "Dadgum GO-liath, you gonna let that sissy boy talk about you like that?"

Street: "Now hold on just one second, George 'not so' Strait! Bruno, I want you to admit right now that Al Madril is the one behind this so-called bounty."

Bruno: "How dare you make such accusations?? You have no proof of that whatsoever!"

Street: "Really Bruno? So it's just a coincidence he won ten thousand dollars in a match and a week later I have a bounty placed on me for ten thousand dollars?"

(Al Madril comes strolling out eating a hot dog, sipping on a cup of Coke, with some popcorn tucked under his arm with Ron Slinker hobbling behind him on crutches)

Madril: "First of all, I'm hurt and insulted that you would accuse me of such a thing. Secondly, as you can see I just spent money on all these great snacks, not to mention the money I spent on getting Slink some peanuts and cracker jacks. So, at this point I only have nine thousand nine hundred and eighty eight dollars and sixty eight cents left…so there's no possible way it could be me." (crowd boos as Madril turns to them with his classic, 'who me?' face)

Street: "That's real funny Madril….you're such a funnyman, when what's really funny is I've tried to get a match signed against you but you keep refusing to wrestle me!"

Madril: "Of course, that's because I have no problem with you. You think I like having to do this show every week when I have to talk to losers like Wendell Cooley or…..you? You're doing me a favor here…so please carry on. I'm going to go finish my snacks. Unless, you'd like some? You do look a bit thirsty…."

and with that Madril throws the soda in Street's face, Street lunges for Madril but blasted from behind from Goliath! Madril, Goliath, Travis, and Bruno all start putting the boots to Street until Scott and Steve Armstrong along with Johnny and Davey Rich all come running out to make the save as we cut to another commercial break

================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

================

(Cut to the dressing room of Slick's Stable- Slick, 'The Real Tn. Stud' Robert Fuller, Jimmy Golden, 'Dirty' Dutch Mantell, and 'Nature Boy' Buddy Landel)

Slick says that first of all, Les Thatcher needs to get it right, this isn't the Stud Stable, it's Slick's Stable! Slick says he doesn’t appreciate the insinuation that the Stable needs to interfere in each other's matches to win so that stipulation for Monday night, "ain't no big deal"!  Fuller says that Jimmy Golden and himself are more than able to win that battle royal and when they do, they'll show those Anderson who the REAL wrecking crew is in professional wrestling! Dutch Mantell says that last week, Bill Dundee did what he's done his entire life…he came up SHORT and that's exactly what he'll do this Monday with all his peers watching at ringside during that Lumberjack Match!  Landel brings it home by saying that he's still the one and only true 'Nature Boy' in wrestling and that the Bullet will find out this Monday that he's the number one champion in the game and if Butch Reed EVER makes the mistake of giving him a World title shot he will go back to Mid South as a FORMER World Champion and when he does, 'Ol Cowboy Billy' better finally show him some respect!

================

Joe Pedicino does the drawing and this week's challenger for the Television Championship will be…….."The Music City Sensation" Billy Joe Travis!

---‐‐---------------------

MAIN EVENT

MATCH #6:

Continental Television Championship

Terry Taylor pinned "The Music City Sensation" Billy Joe Travis w/Downtown Bruno with a backslide in a closely contested match that really showed of Travis' ability to work and get heat from the crowd.

(C) 1986 Continental Championship Wrestling

Olympia trying to win the battle royal and defend against Brody might just be biting off more than you can chew. My money is on Brody taking the mask with his head still in it!

Leatherface is here! Holy Shit! Is Nightmare Freddy coming next?

Fun Exotic Garden with Bruno and the crew, and now Madril is off the hook as he obviously doesn't have enough money to pay the bounty!

Be real interested to see who ends up winning the Tag Team Battle Royal...

I just wish I knew who the World Champion was.....

Goddammit i wish Thatcher & RPG would stop beating around the bush and tell us who the World Champion is!

Good to see Scott back. He & Steve are sure to be favorites in the tag team battle royal.

Monday night could be HUGE for the Starr Corporation.

I was wondering where Bruno was during the last few Desperado matches. Luckily he still had Mighty Goliath's number.

Stacked card for Huntsville. How 

George not so Straight! LOL! Also Madril's explanation as why he couldn't be behind the bounty was perfection.

Slick's Stable sets the record straight. Monday could be a banner night for these guys.

Taylor is looking great racking up a string of main event wins.

RPG's rant on Watts was so good he even got a smile from Thatcher. I think we got some seeds planted for something big. 

The rebirth of Adrian Adonis? I can't imagine. 

Brody makes the threat of the week by saying he's going to rip Olympia's mask off with his head still in it. Damn! 

Why do I have a funny feeling Tommy Rich is up to something.

Lots of hype for the tag team battle royal and a lot at stake for the winners. Starrcade will be the place to be.

Armstrong Blues sounds like a hit to me LOL. Street better be ready with Goliath coming to collect. 

Good grief! Leatherface with a chainsaw and Cooley with a chair! That was a scary stand off. 

Love the hype Furnas is getting.

Hey, Madril provided enough proof that he's not behind the bounty. Couldn't be him. No way! Things get serious when Street gets a beatdown. Lucky some friends came to the rescue. 

Stud, oh wait, I mean Slick's Stable is riding high. We shall see if that continues because they all have big matches coming up in Huntsville. 

BJT was all over TV tonight and now gets the lucky draw. He looked good but Taylor retains. Taylor's having a pretty damn good TV title run. 

Next stop, Huntsville. 

SORRY, I WAS OUT OF TOWN ALL WEEKEND AND I'M TRYING TO CATCH UP, HOPEFULLY WORK WILL BE SLOW TOMORROW SO I CAN READ EVERYONE'S SHOWS AND LEAVE FEEDBACK.....THANKS!!

Von Braun Civic Center

Huntsville, Alabama

Monday November 15, 1986

Bell Time: 7pm

Scorpio pinned Galaxian Zoltar with a moonsault

"World's Strongest Man" Doug Furnas pinned Super Destroyer #2 after a powerslam

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley fought Leatherface to a 'No Contest'

GRUDGE TAG TEAM MATCH

The Desperados ('Wild' Bill Irwin/Ron Bass) w/Killer Brooks defeated The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) when Irwin pinned Davis after Brooks grabbed his foot allowing Irwin to hit him with a kick to the face

$10,000 Bounty Match

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda defeated The Mighty Goliath w/Downtown Bruno by count out when Goliath tried to splash Street against the ring post but Street moved causing Goliath to knock himself out on the ring post as Street rolled back in to get the win

TAG TEAM BATTLE ROYAL

WINNERS GET A WORLD TAG TITLE SHOT AT STARRCADE '86

1. The Desperados
  2. Johnny/Davey Rich
  3. Slick's Stable (Fuller/Golden)
  4. The Bullet/Bill Dundee
  5. Buddy Landel/Dutch Mantell
  6. Starr Power
  7. Mr. Olympia/Junkyard Dog
  8. The Grapplers
  9. The New Breed
  10. Killer Khan/Abdullah the Butcher
  11. The Nightmares
  12. Scott/Steve Armstrong

As soon as the bell rang, Grappler #2 jumped Davey Rich from behind and tossed him out!

Order of Elimination:

1. Grappler #2 eliminated Davey Rich - The Richs are out!
  2. Chris Champion eliminated Mark Starr- Starr Power are out!
  3. Ken Wayne eliminated Killer Brooks- The Desperados are out!
  4. Abdullah the Butcher eliminated Chris Champion- The New Breed are out!
  5. JYD eliminated The Grappler #1- The Grapplers are out!
  6. Buddy Landel eliminated Scott Armstrong- The Armstrongs are out!
  7. Killer Khan eliminated Danny Davis- The Nightmares are out!
  8. The Bullet eliminated Jimmy Golden- Slick's Stable are out!
  9. Abdullah the Butcher eliminated Bill Dundee- Bullet/Dundee are out!
  10. Mr. Olympia eliminated Buddy Landel- Landel/Mantell are out!
  11. JYD eliminated Killer Khan- Starr Corporation is out!

***WINNERS***

The Junkyard Dog/Mr. Olympia will get the World Tag Team title shot at Starrcade!

LUMBERJACK MATCH

"Superstar" Bill Dundee pinned "Dirty" Dutch Mantell w/Slick with a small package after The Bullet and Steve Armstrong tossed Mantell back in the ring after he tried to leave the ring!

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

SOUTHEASTERN CHAMPIONSHIP

Bruiser Brody w/Chicky Starr pinned Mr. Olympia after a leg drop to win the Southeastern Championship

MAIN EVENT

CONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

The Bullet defeated "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel w/Slick by DQ when Grappler # 2 hit the ring and attacked the Bullet when he had Landel in a sleeper. Grappler #2 hit the Bullet with a piledriver, then removed his mask revealing……..

......................................TOMMY 'Wildfire' RICH!!!

A successful debut for Scorpio.

Furnas is racking up the wins.

Can't say I'm surprised a Leatherface match went surprised.

The Nightmares might wanna consider a third member to take on the Desperados.

Street survives Goliath when the monster takes himself out.

Yet another well booked CCW battle royal. JYD & Olympia will make interesting challengers for The Andersons.

The Superstar wins with a assist from the Lumberjacks.

Brody wins the Southeastern title! Gonna be hell taking it from him.

Grappler 2 screws the Bullet out of the Continental Championship! Except it's Tommy Rich under the mask! Nice foreshadowing in the battle royal.

Scorpio and Furnas get the crowd going with a couple nice wins.

I'm sure more to come with Cooley and Leatherface.

It pays to have a guy like Killer Brooks in your corner.

Street makes it past Goliath but I bet many more are lining up to collect. 

Great job with the battle royal. With so many top notch teams, anybody could've won it. JYD and Olympia are heading to Starrcade! Them vs. The Andersons is defiantly a marquee match. 

Dundee gets some payback on Dirty Dutch.

Bittersweet night for Olympia. I am looking forward to a Brody title run. 

HAHAHA! I knew Tommy wouldn't be able to stay away. Big night for him as he eliminates his cousins from the battle royal and beats up Bullet. He was fired up! 

Previously Recorded/Airing on Saturday November 20, 1986

(Show opens with footage from last Monday's main event as Buddy Landel defended the CCW Championship against The Bullet, Bullet locked Landel in a sleeper and with the Stable unable to interfere it looked as though we'd have a new Continental Champion when all of a sudden, Grappler #2 hit the ring and attacked the Bullet leaving him laying resulting in a DQ! After a few moments as the Bullet was laid out in the ring, Grappler # 2 removes his mask revealing…….Bullet's nemesis, "Wildfire" Tommy Rich!!---We then go to the opening montage and over to the desk with Charlie Platt, Ronnie P. Gossett, and Les Thatcher!)

Platt: "Hello wrestling fans and welcome once again to Continental Championship Wrestling, I'm Charlie Platt and with me as always is Ronnie P. Gossett but I'm also joined by the Comissioner of Continental Wrestling, Les Thatcher. Les, I understand you have some business you'd like to discuss right out of the gate this week."

Thatcher: "Charlie, I hate to have to start the show on a negative note but we need to get this out there right now. In recent weeks, the National Wrestling Alliance and specifically 'Cowboy' Bill Watts has become increasingly hard to deal with.  Starrcade is supposed to be one of the biggest pro wrestling events of the year and with Halloween Havoc happening on the last day of October, the NWA basically waited until after it was over to start making matches for Starrcade that was less than a month away at that point, I could spend the rest of this show talking about what an ordeal this has been with matches agreed upon, then changed etc, etc but I'm not going to air all that dirty laundry but what I will tell you is this…..Continental Championship Wrestling….WILL NOT be participating in Starrcade, and anyone from our roster who does show up at Starrcade and wrestles can consider themselves no longer a part of CCW.  However, we WILL be wrestling on Thanksgiving day, this Monday night's card at the Boutwell Auditorium in Birmingham, Alabama has been moved to Thanksgiving day and it will be known as 'Thanksgiving Thunder '86 and it will be headlined by the WARGAMES match that you SHOULD have been seeing at Starrcade in the first place but again that's all just part of the big debacle that resulted in us not participating in Starrcade.  So, let's take a look at the card for Thanksgiving Thunder!"

--------------------------------

presents

Thanksgiving THUNDER '86

Boutwell Auditorium

Thanksgiving Day

Thursday November 25, 1986

Bell Time: 5pm

MAIN EVENT

THE WARGAMES: The Match Beyond!

5 on 5

"American Dream" Dusty Rhodes

Junkyard Dog

Mr. Olympia

Terry Taylor

vs.

Bruiser Brody

Abdullah the Butcher

Killer Khan

"The Great" Al Madril

Chicky Starr

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Continental Heavyweight Championship

vs.

"Superstar" Bill Dundee

Continental Tag Team Championship

FOUR CORNERS MATCH

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden w/Slick

vs.

The Nightmares (Davis/Wayne)

vs.

The Desperados (Ron Bass/Bill Irwin) w/Killer Brooks

vs.

Johnny/Davey Rich

Bullet's Mask vs. Rich leaving CCW

The Bullet

vs.

Tommy 'Wildfire' Rich

REMATCH-NO DQ/NO COUNT OUT

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

vs.

Leatherface

TAG TEAM CHALLENGE MATCH

The New Breed (Champion/Royal)

vs.

Starr Power (Lance/Mark) w/Sherri Martel

U.S. Jr. Heavyweight Championship

Tom Prichard w/Sherri Martel

vs.

Scott Armstrong

vs.

"The Music City Sensation" Billy Travis

w/Downtown Bruno

Scorpio

vs.

The Grappler

-------------------------------

RPG: "So wait, does this mean I don't have to constantly announce that Butch Reed is the NWA World Champion?"

Thatcher: "It means, I don't give damn who the NWA World Champion is, you won't be seeing them on this show."

Platt: "Well, there you go."

RPG: "I never thought I'd say this….. but Thatcher, you're my hero."

Thatcher: "Don't make me change my mind, Gossett.  Anyway, that's enough about the NWA and Starrcade. If you purchased tickets to see Starrcade locally on closed circuit, we will honor those to let you in to see Thanksgiving Thunder at no extra charge.  So let's go to the ring and get to some action."

=======================

MATCH #1:

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned Sammy Hall with a running bulldog

post match promo: Cooley says that nothing got settled last week with Leatherface and this week it's No DQ and No Countout…..and this week he may just take that chainsaw away from him and finish this once and for all!

========================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

========================

(Joe Pedicino is in the interview area with Sherri Martel)

Joe: "Sherri, you told us that this week we would see a 'rebirth' of sorts from Adrian Adonis, I understand he's scheduled to be in our next match."

Sherri: "He certainly, Pedicino…..so here it is, the moment you've all been waiting for……I present to you the most desirable man in professional wrestling, the man who makes the ladies swoon and all the men jealous…..feast your eyes on 'Adorable' Adrian Adonis!"

'Do ya think I'm sexy' by Rod Stewart plays as "Adorable" Adrian Street struts out with bleached blond hair, a pink robe with white trim and silver sequins as Sherri leads him down to the ring all the while spraying air freshener in his path, once Adonis enters the ring, he removes the robe to reveal hot pink trunks with a big pair of lips on the front, 'ADORABLE' across the backside, white kneepads, and black boots with 'ADONIS' in pink letters down the side. (Sherri has Adonis going for more of a 'Gorgeous George'  gimmick than the bizarre uncomfortable pseudo gay gimmick he did IRL WWF in '86)

---------------------------------------

MATCH #2:

"Adorable" Adrian Adonis w/Sherri Martel defeated Randy Watson with the "Goodnight Irene" sleeper hold

========================

Promo: Dusty Rhodes- The Dream said that since all this Starrcade nonsense has been settled, it's time to draw blood out of the Starr Corporation, and while he's going to take great pleasure in getting his hands on Brody, Abby, and Khan for some revenge the one he wants to hurt the most is "da mastahmind if ya weel Chicky Stah"  Dusty said he's not going to promise the fans a win in the Wargames because that's not what he's after, but he will promise…."pain, blues, agony, and a reckoning for that no good Stah Corpuhrashun in puhlic!"

========================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

========================

MATCH #3:

Bugsy McGraw pinned Todd Johnson following a big splash

post match: McGraw gives one of his bizarre nonsensical interviews with the only point to it seeming to be that he'd like to fight the 'Adorable One' at Thanksgiving Thunder.

=========================

VTR: The music video set to "Fight for your right to party" of the New Breed airs once again hyping upcoming match with 'Starr Power' in Thanksgiving Thunder.

==========================

MATCH #4:

Starr Power ("Loverboy" Lance/"Marvelous" Mark Star) w/Sherri Martel defeated Mitch Snow/"Surfer" Ray Odyssey when Lance pinned Snow after the Starrs hit a double flapjack they call the "falling starr"

The Bullet joins Joe Pedicino in the interview area, Bullet says that he didn't get enough of Tommy Rich in their last match and that the only way this will be over is if one of them is gone! So on Thanksgiving he's going to face Rich in a match where if he beats Tommy Rich, he has to leave Continental and if Rich beats him, he will have to remove his mask and if Rich's claims that he's Bob Armstrong somehow turn out to be true, that would mean he's gone too.

We then cut to the locker room where Chicky Starr is flanked by Bruiser Brody, Abdullah the Butcher, Killer Khan, and Al Madril. Starr says that if anyone thinks that ANY of his men including himself are scared to step into the Wargames, they are sadly mistaken….Starr says they welcome the opportunity to make Dusty Rhodes and his friends bleed…and bleed they will!  Brody chimes in that if you look at their team and then look at Dusty's team….Olympia, Terry Taylor, Adrian Street, and JYD…who would YOU want to be on your side in a match like the Wargames?!?

===========================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Charlie Platt says with both men preparing for the Wargames, there will neither be a Fiesta Garden nor Exotic Garden this week. He pitches to Joe Pedicino who draws the challenger for the television championship this week which turns out to be……..the rookie from U.T., Doug Furnas!

--------------------------------------------

MATCH #5

Terry Taylor pinned "World's Strongest Man" Doug Furnas by taking advantage of his inexperience….Taylor leapfrogged Furnas and then seemingly came down on his knee wrong and was rolling around on the mat writhing in pain, as Furnas leaned in to check on him, Taylor pulled him into a small package and got the 1-2-3!  Taylor then sprang back up to his feet grinning from ear to ear as he hopped up and done to drive home the point he fooled the youngster.  He then offered Furnas a handshake, Furnas at first slapped his hand away and got in his face but eventually cooler heads prevailed and Furnas shook Taylor's and left with his head hung low.

=============================

Commercial for Thanksgiving Thunder this Thursday in Birmingham, Alabama

=============================

MATCH #6:

MAIN EVENT

GRUDGE TAG TEAM MATCH

Johnny/Davey Rich defeated Tommy 'Wildfire' Rich/The Grappler by DQ when Tommy just blatantly pulled a chain out of his trunks and used it in front of the referee busting Johnny Rich's forehead wide open! The Grappler stuck something in his mask and headbutted Davey taking him out of the picture as Tommy rained down punches on the head of his cousin Johnny, until THE BULLET hit the ring and started to clean house as the show went off the air!

Interesting happenings in the world of wrestling this week! Continental pulls out of the NWA! I only wish we could have found out who the NWA Champion was before that happened!

Thanksgiving Thunder is a stacked card! That War Games match is going to be NUTS!

Loving the new take on "Adorable" Adrian. I can see that working a whole lot better than what we actually got.

Tommy Rich not giving a damn anymore!! Love It!! Interested to see where you are headed in the Rich/Bullet match.

Good Stuff Brother!

I'd like to see Thatcher make that quip about Wargames to Luger or Sullivan's face. Though RPG calling Thatcher his hero & Thatcher's response did crack me up.

And to be fair, Thanksgiving Thunder is pretty stacked.

Cooley is certainly ready for Leatherface!

The "Adorable one" has arrived.

I'm very glad I'm not Chicky Starr right now.

Oh yeah Chicky has Brody on his team, maybe he's better off then I thought.

Bit of a dirty trick from Taylor. I seem to recall the last time Taylor held a tv title it went to his head. Hope it's not happening again.

The Bullet vs "Wildfire" in what may just be the final encounter. I can see that causing a sellout.

Sorry for falling behind here.  Awesome last few weeks of shows.  

-One thing here, NWA President, Bill Watts, is not happy having his name dragged through the mud on National TV by that "Wanna Be" Les Thatcher...lol

-I smell some funny business that the Boutwell just happened to be available on such short notice.  I smell a RAT!

-Great job heating up the FIesta Garden-Street feud.

-Tommy Rich is the least trusted man in wrestling and I love it!

-Nice job breaking done Adonis and giving him the quick rebuild into the Adorable one.

Looking forward to Thanksgiving Thunder...

Oh man, trouble in the NWA! I think the readers get the best deal here as we get both Starrcade and Thanksgiving Thunder. Not to mention 2 Wargames matches! What a week for Supercards. 

Cooley gives Leatherface one serious threat.

The Adorable One has arrived! I like the Gorgeous George gimmick going here. This will be all sorts of crazy fun.

Dusty gives a classic Dream promo for WarGames. This match will get bloody! 

It's only fitting that Bugsy would want a match with Adonis. Weirdness at its best.

Love the "Falling Star" finisher. 

One match I would defiantly buy a ticket for is Bullet vs. Wildfire. A lot at stake here.

Chicky brings up a good point. Not sure I would want to enter a cage with Brody, Abby and Khan. Good grief! 

Taylor pulling out a little heel move to retain against Furnas. Good learning experience for Furnas. 

Tommy doesn't care and blasts Johnny with a chain. Grappler joins in with a loaded mask. It's all fun until Bullet makes the save.

Thanksgiving Thunder is stacked! Can't wait. 

presents

thunder.jpg

Thanksgiving THUNDER '86

Boutwell Auditorium

Thursday November 25, 1986

Bell Time: 5pm

Scorpio pinned The Grappler with a sunset flip off the top rope in a huge upset! To the surprise of everyone, the Grappler offered Scorpio a handshake afterwards then raised his hand, to the surprise of no one, he then short arm clotheslined Scorpio and put the boots to him before storming out

Scorpio.jpg

"The Music City Sensation" Billy Travis w/Downtown Bruno pinned "World's Strongest Man" Doug Furnas with a school boy roll up with a handful of tights

U.S. Jr. Heavyweight Championship

Tom Prichard w/Sherri Martel wrestled Scott Armstrong to a 20 minute time limit draw

TAG TEAM CHALLENGE MATCH

The New Breed (Champion/Royal) defeated Starr Power (Lance/Mark) w/Sherri Martel by count out when Martel gathered them up and left ringside as Champion and Royal were getting the best of them…..the crowd boo'd them heavily and chanted "cowards" as they left

f3a51978a31e4f2b6cd80318b7076391.jpg

"Adorable" Adrian Adonis w/Sherri Martel pinned Bugsy McGraw with his feet on the ropes

REMATCH-NO DQ/NO COUNT OUT

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned Leatherface following a running bulldog in a hard hitting brawl

Bullet's Mask vs. Rich leaving CCW

The Bullet

vs.

Tommy 'Wildfire' Rich

Before the match started, Rich took the microphone and said…"You know BOB, I heard your boy Brad is over in Atlanta right now wrestling for Plowboy Bill Watts because he knows good and damn well that when I beat you and take that stupid mask off you and show everyone that your Bob Armstrong….he won't have his daddy here to protect so he went ahead and left and hopefully when I beat you, Watts will give you a job too!"………..the referee handed the microphone to the Bullet: "How bout for once you shut your mouth and fight somebody!" (Crowd pops)

The match goes about 12 minutes back and forth before Rich's new buddy, The Grappler runs down to ringside and tries to interfere, but he's cut off by Scorpio which allows the Bullet to lock a sleeper hold on Rich who fights it but eventually fades away and his arm drops three times signifying the END of Tommy Rich's reign of terror in CCW!

FOUR CORNERS MATCH- First team to score a pinfall wins

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden w/Slick

vs.

The Nightmares (Davis/Wayne)

vs.

The Desperados (Ron Bass/Bill Irwin) w/Killer Brooks

vs.

Johnny/Davey Rich

Fuller/Golden retained the titles when Golden pinned Davey Rich after he was tripped by Slick as he hit the ropes

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

"Superstar" Bill Dundee defeated "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel w/Slick by DQ when Dundee hit the 'Bombs Away' splash from the top rope and looked to have the title won, but Dutch Mantell hit the ring and attacked Dundee with his bullwhip, 'Shoobaby'!  Landel/Mantell double teamed Dundee for a moment until Wendell Cooley hit the ring to make the save!!

MAIN EVENT

THE WARGAMES: The Match Beyond!

TWO RINGS SURROUNDED BY A STEEL CAGE WITH A ROOF!

The match can only end once all ten men are in the ring and then it's submission or surrender!!

5 on 5

aa447-1507322901-800.jpg

"American Dream" Dusty Rhodes

Junkyard Dog

Mr. Olympia

Terry Taylor

vs.

Bruiser Brody

Abdullah the Butcher

Killer Khan

"The Great" Al Madril

Chicky Starr

The initial five minute period started with recent enemies Adrian Street and Al Madril entering the cage with Street getting the better of Madril for the majority of that time until the coin toss that saw the Starr Corporation win with 'heads' which allowed Chicky Starr to come in for the 2 on 1 advantage!  After two minutes of two on one action against Street, Terry Taylor came in to even up the odds.  Street manages to grind Madril's face into the cage opening up his forehead into a bloody mess. After another two minutes passes, Killer Khan enters the fray and goes after Street with a big 'Mongolian' chop! He rams Taylor into the cage opening him up as well. The three on two advantage allows the Starr Corporation to regain control….until…..THE DREAM enters the cage! It's bionic elbows for all three members of the Starr Corporation as the Dream comes in hot and gets 'funky like a monkey' on all the bad guys. Unfortunately it's short lived as the two minutes winds down the next man to enter the cage is…..BRUISER BRODY and he comes in and nails Rhodes/Street/Taylor with big boots to the face before straddling Dusty and just raining down punches that bust the Dream wide open!!

After the longest two minutes in history, Mr. Olympia comes in to even things up but Brody still manages to get the better of him with a big boot to his face but a bloodied Dusty Rhodes comes from behind and gives Brody a low blow that drops him to his knees, Rhodes takes advantage and drills Brody with him punches that draws blood from the big man as well, however the two minutes is up which brings in Abdullah the Butcher who immediately pulls out his fork and blasts Dusty in the forehead with it!  Abby then turns his attention to Mr. Olympia…..Abby uses the fork to rip the mask and cut open the forehead of Olympia as well. Terry Taylor has Madril locked in a figure four leglock as Street stretches Chicky Starr!  Brody gives Rhodes a jumping piledriver! Now, it's time for the final entry….the Junkyard Dog makes his way into WARGAMES and the Match Beyond has officially begun!!  JYD gives Killer Khan the 'THUMP' powerslam! The five on five brawl goes on for several minutes until Adrian Street locks Al Madril in a 'Boston Crab' which leads to a submission!  Team Rhodes wins!!!

Silly Scorpio you can't trust The Grappler.

Travis hits a high note against the "World's Strongest Man"

I agree with the fans, "cowards" seems to be a good description of Starr Power & Martel.

Adonis beats Bugsy in a clash of 2 of wrestling's most unique personalities.

Cooley survives Leatherface. Bring on Freddy!

Tommy just can't resist going low one last time on his way out the door. Nice bookend with Scorpio paying back Grappler.

Slick's Stable retains against 3 top teams. You just know the Slickster is gonna have something to say about this.

Budro holds onto the gold with a little help from Dutch & "Shoobaby"

I appreciate the symmetry of having the two guys that started Wargames be the one to end it. Also I do like that you didn't hold the team leaders until the end.

Considering the shortened timetable you had to put this together, Thanksgiving Thunder delivered big time.

Good way to kick things off with a Scorpio upset. Love the post match writing for Grappler. 

Billy Joe gets a big win over the World's Strongest Man. Another good learning experience for Furnas.

Another classic Jr. Title match. Rematch! 

Starr Power can't take the heat and take the easy way out. New Breed are moving on up. 2002 baby! 

Sherri rebounds as the Adorable One beats Bugsy. 

Cooley comes through with his promise and out fights Leatherface. 

After the best heel run in the game's existence, Tommy Rich is out of Continental. I bet that pop blew the roof off the place. It was only fitting that Bullet sent Rich packing. At least we got one last Rich promo before the match. I have a feeling Wildfire has a plan. 

Slick's Stable rides high yet again. 

Dundee has things going his way until that no good Dirty Dutch interferes. 2 on 1 until Cooley saves the day. Cooley's one solid dude.

Another WARGAMES! Let's do it! This one gets bloody and insane quick. Everybody gets to shine and everybody takes a beating. I'm not sure how Madril is going to live this one down as his rival Street makes him submit. I'm glad you went that direction. 

Awesome card Gene! 

Okay... Now we have a problem!  There is no way Thatcher could have planned thos awesome show in less then a week.  It is obvious he wants to ne the show an is not a team player!  lol

Not sure where Wildfire is going but I hope his heelness continues.  He has been a great read all year no matter where he is.  The Bullet might need more frineds to protect that mask as Tommy was right... Brad left him flat out!  Could for him putting his career ahead of CCW.  (joking)

Big win for Dundee... I bet this insn't the end of this one.

Wargames was awesome... Nice way to send the crowd home!

I think I am going to take CCW off my viewing list if Tommy Rich is out the door! Boo-urns!!

Awesome War Games match. You have a ton of angle options coming out of this one. Madril should be a riot on the Garden. Dusty is a made man. Chicky is gonna be pissed. Good shit all around.

Digging masked Scorpio. A feud with The Grappler should be fun stuff.

Fuller/Golden need some new competition.

Some hot action on the Gulf Coast! Keep it up!!

Previously Recorded/Airing on Saturday November 27, 1986

(Show opens with highlights from Thanksgiving Thunder concluding with Dusty Rhodes' team standing in the WARGAMES cage victorious…..we then cut to the opening montage and but instead of going to the desk with Charlie Platt and Ronnie P. Gossett we go straight to CCW Promoter Les Thatcher standing alone in front of the Continental backdrop)

LesThatcher1986.jpg

Thatcher: "Hello wrestling fans and welcome to Continental Championship Wrestling, we'll get to the program here in just a moment but I'd like to address a couple of issues at the top of the show this week as it pertains to the National Wrestling Alliance and the now former NWA President Bill Watts and this will be the last time I address them here on the show.  First of all, just in case it wasn't perfectly clear last week….Continental Championship Wrestling is NO LONGER PART OF THE NATIONAL WRESTLING ALLIANCE!  We're also certainly not in anyway a part of this Universal Wrestling Federation that Bill Watts has started either.  As for the personal comments made by Bill Watts about me pn his show this week and whether or not I planned to pull out of Starrcade ahead of time, I believe I made it very clear last week why we pulled out of Starrcade.  Number one, it was poorly planned and executed. Number two, it was clearly all about Mid South and Mid Atlantic….Bill Watts is an ego driven crook who can't live with the fact his time in the ring is over so he tries to find every way possible to make the show about him.  As for his and Butch Reed's accusation that I had anything to do with Tully Blanchard becoming NWA World Champion, that's an outright lie and the fact is if it wasn't for me, Butch Reed would have never been World Champion in the first place and that's all I'll say about that publicly but Watts knows that to be true.  The next Continental supercard will be CCW Christmas Clash '86 on Christmas day at the Civic Center in Rome, Georgia headlined by a Chain Match for the Southeastern Championship that will see Bruiser Brody defend against 'the American Dream' Dusty Rhodes and in another feature match, It will be a 'SKYWALKERS Scaffold Match' as the New Breed will take on Starr Power and there will be no where to run for Lance and Mark Starr when they have to face the New Breed twenty feet above the ring and the only way to win is to throw your opponent off the scaffold!  More matches will be announced soon and we'll be taking a short break after the Christmas show and we'll return to action on Saturday January 8th, 1987 with a huge announcement on who we'll be doing business with now that we've cut ties with the NWA and the UWF.  Thank you for allowing me to clear the air, and now let's go to our hosts and get to some real wrestling action!"

(We now cut to the desk and join Charlie Platt and Ronnie P. Gossett)

Platt: "Hello wrestling fans and welcome once again to Continental Championship Wrestling and between everything that took place at Thanksgiving Thunder, as well as the goings on in the NWA that Les Thatcher just spoke of, it's been an eventful week, Ronnie P. Gossett."

RPG: "All I can say is thank God and good riddance! Bill Watts is a self absorbed bully who ran things like a dictator and Jim Crockett has all the business sense of an eight year old running a lemonade stand after school. I predict they'll both be out of business in the next three years."

Platt: "Well enough about Bill Watts and the NWA, that’s in the past and Continental Championship Wrestling is moving forward!  We have a great show this week, we'll see the Bullet in action here in a few moments, 'Exotic' Adrian Street will have Chicky Starr as his guest in the 'Exotic Garden a little later on and based on what took place in the Wargames, I'm sure Mr. Starr has a lot to say."

RPG: "I'm sure he does and rightfully so! We'll see the Mighty Goliath in action as well the Continental Champion, the only champion in wrestling that matters these days, of course I'm referring to the ONE AND ONLY 'Nature Boy' Buddy Landel!"

Platt: "The new number one contenders to the Continental Tag Team titles Mr. Olympia and the Junkyard Dog will be in action, plus as always the Continental Television Championship will be defended by Terry Taylor against whomever gets drawn out this week."

RPG: "I'm not really a big fan of Terry Taylor, but I have to admit he's taken on a new challenger each week for several weeks now and no one has been able to take that TV title from him."

Platt: "They certainly have not and I'll be interested to see who's name gets drawn out to challenge for the title this week.  Right now, let's go to the ring to see a man that I know is quite pleased with himself…..The Bullet, who ran Tommy Rich right out of the territory."

RPG: "Why did you have to mention that, Platt?? With all this good news about being rid of Bill Watts, then you had to ruin my mood by mentioning how poor Tommy Rich go railroaded and ran out of town."

Platt: "Poor Tommy Rich?? If you wanna say 'good riddance' to anybody….it should be Tommy Rich! Let's go to the ring."

MATCH #1:

The Bullet defeated Pat Rose with a sleeper hold

(Bullet grabs a microphone at ringside)

Bullet: "Fans….can I get a 'Hallelujah', ding dong Tommy Rich is gone!!!"

Before the Bullet can say anything else, 'Do ya think I'm sexy' by Rod Stewart plays as "Adorable" Adrian Adonis makes his way to ringside, he's wearing red pleather pants, a black sleeveless shirt that has 'Heart Throb' written across it in big red letters and a red leather hat with black sunglasses and fingerless black gloves accompanied by Sherri Martel. Martel takes the microphone from ring announcer Freddie Miller.

Martel: "Excuse our interruption, Mr. Armstrong…..but 'Adorable' Adrian has an issue he needs to address with you."

Bullet: "First of all, Missy….it's Bullet, my name is not Armstrong and second of all, he just got here, what in the world could 'Deplorable' Adrian need to talk to me about?"

Adonis: "That's 'ADORABLE' Adrian, for obvious reasons! You know, I had forgotten just what a sexy hunk of man meat I really am before Sherri helped me see the light and sent me somewhere to remind me that I'm not just about sex appeal which I clearly have plenty of, I'm also the best wrestler to ever lace up a pair of boots."

Bullet: (shaking his head) "She clearly sent you somewhere to be brainwashed, but before I vomit from listening to you describe yourself anymore…..what's your beef with the Bullet?"

Adonis: "My 'beef' is the fact that I just saw you out here using MY hold….the sleeper…..or as I have always called it, 'Good Night Irene'. That's MY hold, no one does it as well as I do and I would kindly request you stop using it, effective….RIGHT NOW!"

Bullet: "Hold up fat boy…..nobody owns a hold.  I've been using that sleeper for years and more effectively than most and I don't appreciate you coming out here trying to tell me what holds I can use or not use."

Martel: "First off….BOB!  There's no need for name calling and insults. Adrian said he 'KINDLY' requests you stop using it.  Bear in mind, this will be the only time that he will kindly request it…..if he has to tell you again, there won't be anything kind about it!  Oh and on more thing, tell your stupid kid….the skinny one that stayed, not the one that quit that when Tom Prichard returns in two weeks from his tour of Japan, he better not still be here!"

Bullet: "Listen here you Hussy…."

Before Bullet can finish that thought Adrian blasts with a stiff forearm to the back of the head and locks in the 'Goodnight Irene'…….Bullet is almost out as security and officials run in to break things up.

Platt: "Fans, let's go to break while we good ordered restored, we'll be right back!"

COMMERCIAL BREAK

MATCH #2:

Handicap Match

The Mighty Goliath w/Downtown Bruno defeated Jackie Daytona/Arthur Mitchell after Goliath gave them a double avalanche in the corner and then pinned them both!

Post match: Downtown Bruno tells Joe Pedicino that this Monday night in Biloxi, Mississippi the Mighty Goliath will face Bugsy McGraw and "that muscle headed idiot" Doug Furnas has made the huge mistake of demanding a rematch with Billy Joe Travis, Bruno promises that Travis will beat Furnas just like last week! Pedicino informs Bruno that Terry Taylor who successfully defended the TV title against Furnas a couple of weeks back has taken an interest in Furnas, and has gotten a manager's license and will be in Furnas' corner for all his upcoming matches, including this Monday in Biloxi!  Bruno is beside himself as he and Goliath storm off.

(VTR- Slick's Stable are in the locker room after Thanksgiving Thunder and none to happy about Wendell Cooley coming to the aid of Bill Dundee after Dutch interfered to save Buddy's CCW title earlier that night)

Landel: "Who in the hell does Wendell Cooley think he is sticking his nose in the Stable's business?!?!"

Mantell: "I'm sure that little shrimp, Dundee went to him before the match and asked him to interfere, it's just like a little sawed off Aussie to be that kind of a coward!"

Golden: "Didn't he come in AFTER Dutch ran in?"

Landel: "Whose side are you on Golden?"

Fuller: "Now hold on just a minute, Buddy…..don't go getting hot about it!  My cousin just asked a legitimate question!"

Landel: "Don't tell me what to do, Fuller! I'm the champion, I'll get hot at whoever I want to!"

Fuller: (holding up his tag title belt) "You ain't the only champ in the Stable, boy!"

Slick: "Now now…fellas….ain't no need for ANYBODY to get heated. The Slickster has always got a plan….I'm going to call a friend, who is going to watch everybody's back and with him around….you won't have to worry about Cooley….Dundee….or nobody else!"

Landel: "And who might that be?"

Slick: "Oh, you'll see when he gets here…..you guys are going to love this guy! He's perfect Slick Stable material!"

Fuller: (looking concerned) "So….he's somebody who will……(clears his throat) fit in…so to speak?"

Slick: "Brutha, he'll do more than fit in, he'll help lead us to the promised land!"

Landel: "I don't care who he is…..if he helps deal with idiots like Cooley and Dundee, I'm good with him."

Slick: "Well, not only do we have to deal with Cooley and Dundee…..Thatcher said since Watts screwed Olympia and JYD out of their tag team title match they earned by winning that battle royal, he's awarding them a match next week against you guys for the Continental tag titles."

Fuller: "WHAT?? We just beat THREE other teams tonight and we have to defend the belts again next week?? Slickster, why are you letting this happen??"

Slick: "That's what I'm saying, Stud…..it's handled brutha. Trust me! Have I let you down yet?"

Golden: "He's got a point Robert, so far…..he's always delivered."

Fuller: (nods in agreement) "You're right Cuz, I'm sure whoever this new Stable member turns out to be, he'll help us handle it."

Slick: (all smiles patting Fuller on the back) "Now you're talking Tennessee Stud….just trust me. I get things done!"

(END VTR)

Commercial for CCW Christmas Clash '86 coming to Rome Georgia on Christmas Day, tickets on sale now!

MATCH #3:

Mr. Olympia/Junkyard Dog defeated Sammy Hall/Memphis Monroe when JYD pinned Hall with his 'THUMP' powerslam

Pedicino tried to get a word with the JYD and Olympia after the match but they just marched right past him.

Platt runs down the card for this Monday night in Biloxi:

Mississippi Coast Coliseum

Biloxi, MS.

Monday November 29, 1986

Bell Time: 8pm

MAIN EVENT

vs.

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Slick's Stable (Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden) w/Slick

vs.

Mr. Olympia/Junkyard Dog

BULLWHIP ON A POLE MATCH

"Superstar" Bill Dundee

vs.

"Dirty" Dutch Mantell w/Slick

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH-LOSER STOPS USING THE SLEEPER
The Bullet

vs.

"Adorable" Adrian Adonis w/Sherri Martel

RETURN MATCH

w/Terry Taylor

vs.

"The Music City Sensation"

Billy Joe Travis w/Downtown Bruno

EIGHT MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne)

The New Breed (Chris Champion/Sean Royal)

vs.

The Desperados (Bill Irwin/Killer Brooks/Ron Bass)

"Dirty White Boy" Tony Anthony

REVENGE MATCH

Scorpio

vs.

The Grappler

Johnny/Davey Rich

vs.

Starr Power (Lance/Mark Starr) w/Sherri Martel

Bugsy McGraw

vs.

The Mighty Goliath w/Downtown Bruno

MATCH #4:

Continental Heavyweight Champion "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel w/Slick pinned Mitch Snow following a 'corkscrew elbow drop'

As they're leaving, Landel and Slick approach the desk.

Platt: "Didn't we already hear from you guys in the pre-recorded comments from last Monday night?"

RPG: "Don't mind him, Champ! Glad to have you up here."

Landel: "Thanks Ronnie, at least you know how to show a champion some respect, unlike Charlie Flatt over here, the most boring announcer this side of Bob Caudle.  We might need to get you back on the sauce, Charlie…..maybe head down to Florida and hang out with 'Mr. Happy Hour' himself Gordon Solie, you are sucking the life out of this show lately. Speaking of sucking, thank the good lord that we no longer have to take orders from that big bald blowhard, Bill Watts.  What a goof that guy is! Butch Reed gets beat by Tully Blanchard and loses the NWA World Title in record time, so Watts just creates a new belt for him so he doesn't file a discrimination lawsuit or call Jesse Jackson.  Butch Reed knows damn well he doesn't want none of me and never has, so he can take his fake belt and be the champion of Bill Watts' new Untalented Wrestling Federation or whatever he's calling it."

RPG: "Champ, we haven't had enough of you on the show lately, I'm so glad you came up here…..you tell it like it is!"

Landel: "Damn right I do and Ronnie, I'm sorry we fell out for a few months but I'm glad we're back friends again and I appreciate the gifts you sent me and I want everyone to know the hatchet is completely buried and we're back on good terms. As for Butch Reed, Tully Blanchard, and any other wannabe champion in the wrestling business today….I don't care who you are or where you wrestle, you're all second rate compared to 'Nature Boy' Buddy Landel and I'll show you why once again this Monday night when I beat Wendell Cooley and retain my title just like I have every time I've wrestled in the past few months."

Slick: "That's right, Wendell Cooley thinks he's going to take your title? Well, I got some real bad news for Wendell Cooley….this title is going to stay around Buddy Landel's waist for as long as he wants it to!  Come on, Naitch….we've got some ladies waiting in the limo."

Landel: "Well, you heard it guys….time to go make some young ladies' night."

RPG: "Save one for me, Champ!'

Platt: (looking disgusted) "On that note, let's head over to the 'Exotic Garden' with our host, Adrian Street."

(The camera pans over to a small stage with a cactus on each corner of the stage with a pink sombrero on top of each along with pink boas, a large pink pinata is hanging down right over the middle of the set, with two pink director's chairs arranged in the middle with a large banner on the wall behind them that reads 'EXOTIC GARDEN', we then cut to a smiling Adrian Street as his song "I'm in love with me" plays in the background)

Street: "Hello again darlings, it's time for everyone's favorite wrestling talk show…'the Exotic Garden', brought to you by 'Shake Wrestle and Roll' the album by yours truly . Of course I'm your host with the most 'Exotic' Adrian Street and of course we couldn't do the show without the lovely, vivacious, and 'most dangerous valet in the professional wrestling', Ms. Linda!" (Linda as always is wearing a pink karate Gi while trying to look as intimidating as possible)

Street: "Say hello Linda."

Linda: "Ello Linda."

Street: "That my lady was almost as enjoyable as making Al Madril submit and cost his team the Wargames on Thanksgiving."

Linda: "He squealed like a bloody pig, he did."

Street: "I know, I hear people are calling Madril, 'Ned Beatty' cause I made him squeal like that bloke in that movie Deliverance."

Linda: "I was bloody embarrassed for him, he was crying for his Mum and all that. He was blubbering like a newborn."

Street: "He was, it was a ludicrous display on his part. Speaking of ludicrous, let's welcome out the man who made the poor decision to put Alvin Madril on his Wargames team, let's bring out right Cheeky Starr."

(Chicky Starr accompanied by Teijho Khan comes out looking beyond annoyed)

Street: "Welcome to the Exotic Garden, Cheeky…and your mate as well."

Starr: "It's CHICKY Starr!"

Street: "That's what I said."

Starr: "No, you said Cheeky."

Street: "No, it seems that's what you're being about it, but I said your name, Cheeky Star."

Starr: "Look Cabron, I don't have time for any foolishness. Why am I out here?"

Street: "I just thought you might want to talk about the loss the Starr Corporation suffered in the Wargames and tell everyone what your plans are now."

Starr: (trying to calm himself down) "I know you think you are real funny….but you listen to me perro!  Brody, Abdullah, and myself are going back to Puerto Rico for a few weeks to get our minds right and when we come back, Brody will destroy Dusty Rhodes in that Chain Match on Christmas night! As for you and the fact you made Al Madril submit, costing us the match….well, that's another story!"

Teijho Khan pulls something out of his pocket and sprays it into Adrian's eyes…..from behind the set, Madril runs in and hits Street over the head with a steel chair, Linda runs over to try to stop him but Khan shoves her to the ground, Madril then hits Street several more times across the back, and then one more crowning blow to the head, Madril and Chicky both spit on Adrian as they walk away, Starr looks right into the camera and says, "It's CHICKY Starr, pendejo!"  The camera pans back over to Linda asking Street if he's ok as his head is gushing blood….fade to black

COMMERCIAL BREAK

MATCH #5:

Scorpio pinned Dusty Wolfe with a moonsault off the top rope

(We cut to the interview area where Joe Pedicino draws out tonight's challenger for the Television Championship)

Pedicino: "Tonight's challenger will be……"Dirty" Dutch Mantell!

-------------------------------------------

MATCH #6:

MAIN EVENT

"Dirty" Dutch Mantell w/Slick defeated Terry Taylor by DQ when just a couple of minutes into the match, Bill Dundee came running into the ring with a bullwhip of his own and managed to get a couple of cracks in on Dutch before Mantell and Slick quickly exited the arena. Taylor shoved Dundee asking him, "what the hell are you doing interfering in my match?" The two nearly came to blows until Doug Furnas ran down and got between them and seemed to be defusing the situation as the show the went off the air.

© 1986 Continental Championship Wrestling

Thatcher returns fire at Watts before announcing "Christmas Clash" in...Georgia? OK I see how it is.

Adonis stakes his claim to the Sleeper and backs it up by putting Bullet to sleep.

Bruno's boys have a big night ahead of them in Biloxi. Interesting to see Taylor take a shine to Furnas.

A bit of friction in Slick's Stable but the Slickster always has a plan & he knows just who to call. Also i see Robert still isn't quite comfortable with the way of things.

Olympia & JYD are all business!

The card in Biloxi is stacked to the rafters.

So happy to see Budro & RPG make up. So Slick has "bad news" for Cooley huh?

The Exotic Garden may have just been canceled courtesy of the Starr Corporation.

Nice tv win for Scorpio.

Can't say I blame Dundee for wanting to wack Dutch with the bullrope OR Taylor getting upset about having to take a dq loss.

Continental speaks it's mind in the NWA split, and it seems they stand alone... for now.

I am loving "Adorable" Adrian, and a good feud with The Bullet should help establish him.

Slick's Stable is amazing, and I can't wait to see who is going to "Fit In." All of this goodness coming out of the Leroy joke is fantastic.

JYD/Olympia meaning bidness!

So glad that the Buddy/RPG rift has been mended. Landel is still one of the best promo's in the game. He has been sorely missed on the show!

Exotic Garden is so much fun, and "Ello Linda" gets me every time. Chicky taking the boys back to P.R. for a rest may be dangerous for every one. Madril vs Street is a great feud.

Terry Taylor's apparent slow turn to the dark side is going to make for intriguing TV.

Great Shit Brother!

RPG: "All I can say is thank God and good riddance! Bill Watts is a self absorbed bully who ran things like a dictator and Jim Crockett has all the business sense of an eight year old running a lemonade stand after school. I predict they'll both be out of business in the next three years."

Just one comment for you Mr. Thatcher... When Ronnie P agrees with you, you know you are full of crap.  lol

-Great job with Adrian Adonis and the knew gimmick.  I was sure he was toast about a month ago.  Like the battle of the sleepers with the Bullet.

-Slick and all the Fullers seem to be on different pages.  Looking forward to this angle developing.

- Do like JYD and Olympia getting a title shot but be real Les, you were the cause of them not getting a shot at the Andersons

-Landel, as always, was awesome.  Anything you do with him is golden.

-I'm glad Taylor might be getting a bigger push.

AWESOME SHOW-CAN'T WAIT TILL 1987!

Continental gets its turn and takes some serious shots at Watts. Crazy to think that just a few weeks ago the entire NWA put together the historic world title tournament. My oh my have things changed. I'm very interested in who Continental will be doing business with in 1987. 

Bullet gets in one last verbal shot at Wildfire but now has a new enemy in Adrian Adonis. I think Bullet should have given Adonis his blessing for the sleeper. I mean, he did ask nicely. 

Goliath gets in a good squash, is Bugsy next?  Bruno is feeling good until he's informed Taylor will be in the corner of Furnas. Very interesting. 

LOL, leave it to Slick to calm things down. He's sure confident of this new guy coming in. Slick's the man with a plan. 

HMMMMM, not like JYD and Olympia to play the silent role. What's going on? 

Landel's on a roll as he gets his shots in at Watts and calls out all the champions. I know Jerry Jarrett still watches this show. I think he might have to check Ricky Steamboat's schedule. 

Street's having a wonderful time gloating and messing with Cheeky. Things get real when Madril comes out and leaves Street a bloody mess. I knew this feud wasn't over. More money to be made.

Digging the masked Scorpio.

Dundee attacks Dutch and Taylor is pissed. Good thing Furnas calmed things down. 

Christmas Clash is going to end 86 on a high note. Dusty/Brody chain match and a Skywalkers match! Awesome!