Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 07/12 - 07/18 FOOTBALL IS COMING ROME

KawadaSmile

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on the feedback here and Bryan and Dave raving about it (minus the Riddle/Miz comedy) sounds like I need to check out Ricochet and Morrison

This actually sounded like a pretty good show listening to their review.  They usually skewer the shows these days. 

I hope they have some good shit planned for the next couple of months, because I'm willing to give their shows a chance again with crowds back.  3 hours is brutal though.....

How fast do the shows go up on Peacock these days?

Brock doesn't look nearly as purple and scary here as he was a few years back in his matches when he looked like the giant squid emerging from the ocean to eat human beings, only purple. He started looking better by the time he finally dropped the title to Reigns and then when he won again

47 minutes ago, cm funk said:

Based on the feedback here and Bryan and Dave raving about it (minus the Riddle/Miz comedy) sounds like I need to check out Ricochet and Morrison

This actually sounded like a pretty good show listening to their review.  They usually skewer the shows these days. 

I hope they have some good shit planned for the next couple of months, because I'm willing to give their shows a chance again with crowds back.  3 hours is brutal though.....

How fast do the shows go up on Peacock these days?

Morrison and Rico are proving themselves to be one of those "dudes who can't have a bad match together" pairings. Hopefully it opens some eyes that Morrison is capable of more than being a wacky sidekick that they seem to have slotted him into like it was still the MNM days. 

The Breakout tourney match was like WWE in a nutshell: Jiro seems like the money guy here, he has charisma and a gimmick designed to engage with fans....exactly what you'd want....and WWE puts over the Tall  Bland Interchangeable White Guy who they already had two brief forgettable appearances on the main roster. 

I know everyone wants Ricochet to win and thinks he should, but that would be another Otis situation IMO, because WWE will never truly get behind him. I hope Miz has enough political pull to lobby for a Morrison win. He's the guy who should get it.

On 7/12/2021 at 1:12 AM, MoS said:

Yeah, how dare long time community members shoot shit about some harmless sports topics - while still doing wrestling analogies - in a weekly TV thread instead of previewing the most soul-crushing TV show in wrestling. Fuck off with this shit.

It's 5 comments in a thread that starts before Raw and covers all of WWE's weekly TV. I'm sure you will survive some off-topic talk in the beginning. 

Agreed. I don't give a shit about sports and even I love the clever thread titles every week. 

Vince McMahon's greatest achievement as a promoter is to develop a creepy fanbase with unhealthy parasocial relationships to WWE, who happily blame themselves in case a wrestler or an angle doesn't get better. "We're so bad and shameless, we are not reacting like we should!! We are being disrespectful!!" Genuinely pathetic. No wonder WWE never improves. They don't need to. Not with fans willing and eager to take the blame for anything not working. Just a staggering tweet

I dunno. It seems like an overreaction to walk out early just because of a result you didn't like even if the booking is *just* regular bad.

At the same time, it is annoying to see how the NXT top champ is one of the worst viable choices if not THE worst choice, so I get the sentiment. 

That makes me think, tho: Shotzi and Tegan got "tryout" matches and got called up immediatly. Kross wrestled against Cesaro, Gulak, Shelton and is still in NXT. Guess if you remove Scarlett he's just an overgrown CAW wrestler.

I think those fans were probably leaving because they have zero interest in Kross, not cuz of the result. I get the point about overreaction, but there's imo a difference between saying fans are overreacting and saying fans are disrespectful. The latter strongly implies that if fans are not accepting a booking decision, then the fault lies with them, not with bad booking. If it is disrespectful to walk out when someone you don't like is pushed, but it's also disrespectful to not walk out but chant snarky shit in the arena, then what is the appropriate way to express dissatisfaction with booking choices?

25 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

That makes me think, tho: Shotzi and Tegan got "tryout" matches and got called up immediatly. Kross wrestled against Cesaro, Gulak, Shelton and is still in NXT. Guess if you remove Scarlett he's just an overgrown CAW wrestler.

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

For real though, loading a guy up with bells and whistles to get him over on the developmental brand only to strip it all from him and force him to sink or swim on his own on the main roster is a peak WWE move.

You can sweeten audio you don't like but there's not much else you can do visually when your audience just packs up and goes. I understand it must be soul-destroying for the wrestler, but this is an entertainment-forward product and you should be putting out a product that your fans want to see and not placing these guys in positions where they'll fail.

--------------------------

Aside, isn't this Sunday's main event the first WWE title match with two black wrestlers? It feels like this should be a bigger thing than it's been alluded to. I get the sentiment that WWE would handle it terribly but this seems like a kinda big deal.

10 minutes ago, Rah said:

Aside, isn't this Sunday's main event the first WWE title match with two black wrestlers? It feels like this should be a bigger thing than it's been alluded to. I get the sentiment that WWE would handle it terribly but this seems like a kinda big deal.

I believe it is for the men, but Sasha and Bianca beat them to the punch at Mania. I recall it being made a pretty big deal of.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. Booker T and Lashley had a title match in 2006.

35 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

For real though, loading a guy up with bells and whistles to get him over on the developmental brand only to strip it all from him and force him to sink or swim on his own on the main roster is a peak WWE move.

My take on it is that they see Scarlett as the star and are coming up with not so subtle ways to split them. If she's good when managing a plank, imagine a more skilled wrestler.

2 hours ago, cm funk said:

I think the board should probably have a little sub-board for sports and maybe non-rasslin talk at this point, but I was around on DVDVR when things started to devolve a bit, so I understand why Loss et. all wouldn't want to

https://forums.prowrestlingonly.com/forum/241-pro-wrestling-mostly/

I know it doesn't get a lot of traffic but it's been here for a decade