Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 07/12 - 07/18 FOOTBALL IS COMING ROME

KawadaSmile

54 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

My take on it is that they see Scarlett as the star and are coming up with not so subtle ways to split them. If she's good when managing a plank, imagine a more skilled wrestler.

This seems the most likely scenario. Take everything away from Kross to "prove" he can't hack it on the main roster, then pair Scarlett up with someone they see as more worthy. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, MoS said:

I think those fans were probably leaving because they have zero interest in Kross, not cuz of the result. I get the point about overreaction, but there's imo a difference between saying fans are overreacting and saying fans are disrespectful. The latter strongly implies that if fans are not accepting a booking decision, then the fault lies with them, not with bad booking. If it is disrespectful to walk out when someone you don't like is pushed, but it's also disrespectful to not walk out but chant snarky shit in the arena, then what is the appropriate way to express dissatisfaction with booking choices?

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

It wasn't leaving early though, it was leaving after the main event. My dude in the tweet just needed to tell the world how disrespectful he thought it was for anyone to not enjoy whatever they get fed by Uncle Paul.

You guys are right. I mean, the person in the tweet is in their feelings about something that, from what Sek said, is an early leave - happens all the time in other sports when the home team is getting blown the fuck out. Given how Gargano is adored and Kross is... not, makes sense.

But yeah, it is weird to see wrestling fans defending their favorite promotion like it's something sacred. I get it's your enjoyment but still...

2 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

I dunno. It seems like an overreaction to walk out early just because of a result you didn't like even if the booking is *just* regular bad.

At the same time, it is annoying to see how the NXT top champ is one of the worst viable choices if not THE worst choice, so I get the sentiment. 

That makes me think, tho: Shotzi and Tegan got "tryout" matches and got called up immediatly. Kross wrestled against Cesaro, Gulak, Shelton and is still in NXT. Guess if you remove Scarlett he's just an overgrown CAW wrestler.

I saw his match with Shelton on Main Event and it was obvious that Kross was struggling. I never thought I'd see someone have a bad match with Shelton Benjamin but yet, it happened with Kross. 

1 minute ago, SirEdger said:

I saw his match with Shelton on Main Event and it was obvious that Kross was struggling. I never thought I'd see someone have a bad match with Shelton Benjamin but yet, it happened with Kross. 

Shit, that sucks for him. Those guys could have a decent showing in their sleep. Thing is, Gulak, Cesaro, Shelton (there was someone else named who I forgot) tend to have good matches not just because they are great, but they can also direct others to do great shit. If a dude is struggling against THOSE dudes... maybe developmental is where he belongs.

8 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

Whereas on the same episode of Main Event, Bronson Reed was wrestling Drew Gulak and Gulak made Reed look like a million bucks. Thus, it surprised me that they seemingly are teasing a Reed vs Cole feud as I thought Reed's callup was imminent.

I thought so too, especially how they had him drop the NA title out of nowhere when they were building up other feuds. I'm guessing Vince saw him and had the Scott Steiner reaction (He's fat!!!). 

1 hour ago, SirEdger said:

TRUST me on this. And I am not a Kross fan at ALL here. 

Kross deliberately sandbagged the audition. Very few in NXT actually want to be called up currently. 

4 minutes ago, rovert said:

Kross deliberately sandbagged the audition. Very few in NXT actually want to be called up currently. 

...and if various rumors/reports are to be believed most people on the main roster other than the tippy top guys would rather be in NXT instead. 

52 minutes ago, rovert said:

Well, that explains everything, then. Felt odd to me that a match with Shelton would end up being that average.

57 minutes ago, rovert said:

Kross sucked in TNA, sucks in NXT, how could you tell if he was sandbagging or not when his baseline is "this guy sucks"? 

39 minutes ago, strobogo said:

Kross sucked in TNA, sucks in NXT, how could you tell if he was sandbagging or not when his baseline is "this guy sucks"? 

Having a bad match with Shelton would have to be caused by injury or sandbagging. 

When did Shelton Benjamin become prime Benoit?

I haven't seen the match in question.  I like Shelton and I'm kinda 'meh' on Kross, but this sounds like so much hyperbole.  Shelton is absolutely capable of having boring paint by numbers WWE tv matches, I've seen a ton of them!!  Sometimes multiple things can be true....

I personally don't really care what happens with Kross tbh.  I think there's a place for him for sure, but it's not as the top guy they've pushed him as in NXT.  A short TV match with Shelton isn't going to sway my opinion on him one way or the other

Absolutely, but I'm not sure why we're simultaneously elevating Shelton in the process here.  Shelton has had mega boring matches with people far better than Kross.  And I like Shelton a lot!!

I haven't watched any of the Kross-Balor matches, at least one of those got decent reviews, right?

Then again, most people don't like Balor much these days either, so who knows.....

Also, you need to ask what the goal was with putting Kross on Main Event with Shelton.  To me it seems a test of can this guy work a safe, camera friendly WWE match with someone Vince trusts in the ring.  That's all it was.  It wasn't to make Kross look great, it was to see how competent he was.  If they wanted to make him look great they would have put Drake Maverick or someone in there to get murdered

That said, I'm now super curious about this match and am gonna have to check it out.  It's been a while since I've checked out a b show for a hidden gem or lack thereof

It never fails to amaze me that in a company that employs something like 200 wrestlers, the moment they have the slightest blow to their ego or reputation, the first thing they do is go "Find me someone who was popular 25 years ago." I can only imagine what an amazing boost for morale that is.

I thought the rumor was Lesnar/Lashley at SummerSlam? Doesn't Brock have a similar contract with a set number of matches per year? Or is that contract done?

And I know there are folks who are sick of Brock too, but at 44, he's actually younger than Lashley and The Rock (also rumored for a brief return, but at least that could make for a good storyline and he's the fucking Rock), the same age as Cena, and a decade younger than the guy who is supposedly returning Monday. 

Plus, while Brock's matches have been hit-or-miss (to put it kindly) over the years, it wasn't all that long ago he had pretty good outings with Daniel Bryan, Finn Balor, and AJ Styles. Its just the matches that came after that were mostly booked terribly - putting over Rollins twice, burying Kofi - or had terrible underlying conditions (it's hard to question Lesnar's lack of motivation at WrestleMania and desire to just go home in the onset of a global pandemic that shut most of the world down for 18 months). But that Royal Rumble performance? Where he was just tossing nerds? That was dope. Lesnar brings Big Fight Feel and still ostensibly could tear the house down when motivated and given an opponent who he has chemistry with.

But Lashley's rumored challenger? Just no. 

1 hour ago, DMJ said:

I thought the rumor was Lesnar/Lashley at SummerSlam? Doesn't Brock have a similar contract with a set number of matches per year? Or is that contract done?

His contract expired last year. WWE let it happen because they figured it made no economic sense to use him during the pandemic and he was out of everyone else's price range. According to the latest Observer, there are those in the company who think Reigns/Lesnar has the potential to be a big program due to the Heyman connection and they don't want to dilute it by bringing Brock back to job to Lashley. There are so many problems with that idea I don't even know where to begin, but that's the thinking.

In other news, Mandy being moved to NXT was apparently a trade with Aliyah being sent to Raw. She's received six years of the best wrestling training imaginable, so she's sure to knock 'em dead on the main roster.

It's incredible to me that they push Goldberg more now than they did in 2003, when they should have pushed him to the moon but were suffering from MNW PTSD and instead booked him to be yet another guy who fell victim to the almighty sledgehammer and pedigree

6 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

In other news, Mandy being moved to NXT was apparently a trade with Aliyah being sent to Raw. She's received six years of the best wrestling training imaginable, so she's sure to knock 'em dead on the main roster.

Funny thing is she's spent so much time in developmental doing nothing but job, if she does literally anything on the main roster it would be a success. The bar is so low for her it would almost be impossible for her to underwhelm unless she goes out there and has a Jenna from Survivor level match.