Pro Wrestling Only
Jewoodside

Rebooted WWF 1981

A reboot of Arm Chair Booking of WWF 1981 with Vince McMahon and Pat Patterson on commentary with Jim Cornette as backstage interviewer and Bruno Sammartino as Authority Figure

Bruno Sammartino: Authority Figure
Vince McMahon & Pat Patterson: Commentary
Jim Cornette: Backstage Interviewer

*Show opens with Bruno Sammartino standing at the ramp to make an announcement about the now vacated IC Title due to Don Muraco leaving due to a contract dispute*

Bruno: It is with this announcement that we are starting a tournament where the finalists will compete for the recently Vacated IC Title. Don Muraco is currently in contract negotiations but until he has made a decision the IC Title has been vacated as the IC Title has be regularly defended. So tonight will be the start of these round 1 matches for the tournament

* Tournament brackets*

Bracket 1

George Steele vs One Man Gang

Koko B Ware vs Kamala

Dean Malenko vs Curt Henning

Randy Savage vs Pedro Morales

*Cuts to Vince McMahon and Pat Patterson on commentary*

Vince M: Well it looks like it is gearing up to be a good show if these matches are any sign of things to come

Pat P: It's certainly a nice mixture of familiar faces and fresh faces in this tournament isn't it Vince....

*before Pat can finish speaking to Vince they're cut off by Classy Freddie Blassie with an open mic on top of the entrance ramp*

CFB: Excuse me, but it is with my great pleasure to announce my newest client and member of the WWF..... with this I would like to announce my newest client and newest member to WWF "THE IRON SHIEK"

*The Iron Shiek walks out to the top of the ramp holding the Iranian flag to a course of BOOS*

Iron Shiek:  Bob Backlund, I am here to come for you and the World Title to return it to its rightful GLORY!!!

*Freddie Blassie and Iron Shiek return to the back after making their statement*

*Opening Match*

George Steele with Captain Lou Albano  vs One Man Gang

All out brawl to open the tournament between George Steele and One Man Gang with Steele getting the pin

Winner: George Steele

Vince: What a match an all-out brawl we just witnessed between Steele and One Man Gang

Pat P: Well let's see who wins the next match and see who he will be taking on in the next round......

Koko B Ware vs Kamala 

Match starts off with some back and forth between Koko and Kamala until Kamala begins to overpower Koko B. Ware. Finish comes with Kamala landing a splash from the top rope on Koko for the Win.

Winner: Kamala

Vince: Looks like Steele will have his work cut out for him in the next round vs Kamala

Pat: I can't wait to see those two compete against each other. 

Dean Malenko vs Curt Henning

Great technical match between these two, with the finish being a roll up schoolboy finish of Curt Henning rolling up Malenko for the victory

Winner: Curt Henning

*Cuts to backstage where Jim Cornette has caught up with Bob Backlund for comments on what Iron Shiek had to open the show*

JC: Mr. Backlund, I'm looking for a comment from you on what Iron Shiek had to say earlier and saying he's coming for you and your title?

BB: Bruno Sammartino, book this match so we can find out who best represents this title! Now for you Blassie, up to your old tricks of finding a new client to beat me so you can get your hands on MY title......

JC: So you're saying if Bruno books the match you're ready to fight Iron Shiek, anytime and anywhere?

BB: Yes, if Bruno books the match then I will be there to defend this title!

*Goes back to ringside for the main event as Pedro Morales makes his way to the ring for the MAIN EVENT*

MAIN EVENT: RANDY SAVAGE VS PEDRO MORALES

*Pedro Morales is high fiving fans around the outside of the ring during Randy Savage's entrance*

Pat: Ok, Vince who are you picking in this match? We've got Randy Savage going against a former IC Champion in Pedro Morales?

Vince: There's something telling me that it's Randy's match to lose. He's an up and comer with his whole career ahead of him, let's see if he seizes the opportunity

Great back and forth match between Morales and Savage, with Savage winning after the flying elbow off the top rope to pin Morales for the win

Winner: Randy Savage

Vince: Alright ladies and gentleman, what a way to have finished the evening with a great match.

Pat: Remember next week will the the other bracket for the IC Tournament and we will see what the fall out is between Backlund and Iron Shiek for the World Title

Shiek & Blassie chasing Backlund's title is textbook WWF.

The IC title tournament is shaping up nicely with Steele vs Kamala & Henning vs Savage. I'm calling the winner of Savage/Henning to take the title.

Good start.

WWF World Champions:

WWF Heavyweight title: Bob Backlund

WWF IC Title: Vacated (as Don Muraco is not on my roster)

WWF World Tag Team Championship: Moon Dogs

13 minutes ago, Autistic Dragon said:

Shiek & Blassie chasing Backlund's title is textbook WWF.

The IC title tournament is shaping up nicely with Steele vs Kamala & Henning vs Savage. I'm calling the winner of Savage/Henning to take the title.

Good start.

The IC Title Tournament is only showing the first brackets but still coming up with the other side of the IC Tournament Bracket:

Kamala vs Steele

Henning vs Savage

25 minutes ago, Autistic Dragon said:

Ah my apologies.

The second bracket will be announced SOON.

But you may be on to something about who will be in the Finals out of that bracket

Second Bracket for IC Tournament:

Lanny Poffo vs Bad News Allan

Jim Neidhart vs Konga the Barbarian

Rick Martel vs Rocky Johnson

Steven Regal vs David Finley

4 hours ago, Autistic Dragon said:

I know it won't be the best workrate match but I'd love to see Neidhart/Barbarian.

Now Martel/Johnson on the other hand spells workrate.

Neidhart and Barbarian are going to be in the tag division after this

*Planned matches for next WWE Show*

(Card Subject to Change)

Second Bracket for IC Tournament:

Lanny Poffo vs Bad News Allan

Jim Neidhart vs Konga the Barbarian

Rick Martel vs Jack Briscoe

Steven Regal vs David Finley

Tag Team Battle Royal for #1 Contender

One tag member gets eliminated the team is elimated until there is one team left

Tag Team match (MAIN EVENT)

Iron Shiek and Hercules Hernandez with Classie Freddie Blassie VS. Bob Backlund with partner of his choosing (TBA at the event)

I told you already but I am very excited for what you've got going. It is going to be fun to see how this group builds. You've got some good skills and I like the way things are put together. I was hoping to see Sheik Hernandez though :)

19 minutes ago, LowBlowPodcast said:

I told you already but I am very excited for what you've got going. It is going to be fun to see how this group builds. You've got some good skills and I like the way things are put together. I was hoping to see Sheik Hernandez though :)

Leaving room for Shiek vs Hernandez down the road