Pro Wrestling Only

Mid-South Wrestling 1981 2.0

Autistic Dragon

Before I officially launch my version of Mid-South i wanted to preemptively explain a few things.

I've been following this game since it was using the abandoned Millennium Project thread & am aware of LowBlow's previous booking of this territory (hence 2.0) and I'm going to be in a sense rebooting his version both because I enjoyed it but mainly because it allows me to work with titles in a way that's true to the time. 

Speaking of my titles I feel the need to explain what my Championship scene will look like initially.

Mid-South North American Heavyweight Champion: The Grappler 

IRL Jake Roberts defeated The Grappler for the title on 6/30 before dropping it to Ted DiBiase on 7/4. As neither man is on my roster I've decided to start my run with the title still on Grappler.

Mid-South Tag Team Champions:TBD

IRL The Wild Samoans defeated the pairing of JYD & Dick Murdoch for the belts sometime in June before dropping the titles back later that same month. As a(They're no dates assigned these changes & b( The Samoans & Murdoch were signed to the AWA in-universe anyway I've determined to start with the titles vacant.

Mid-South Louisiana Champion: Jimmy Garvin 

IRL Garvin defeated Ernie Ladd,who began & ended LowBlow's tenure with the title, on 3/4 before dropping it to The Super Destroyer on 5/1. As Super D was employed with MACW at the time in-universe I have decided to keep the title on Garvin.

Mid-South Mississippi Champion: Don Diamond 

LowBlow's version of Mid-South ended with the Mississippi Championship on Bob Armstrong. As Mr Armstrong is one of the talents linked to SECW I've decided for the sake of simplicity to start with the title on the man who held it IRL, Don Diamond who ended The Grappler's second reign on a unspecified date. Full disclosure as I know nothing about the man he probably won't hold the title long. 

I loved running that little version of Mid South... I was actually going to introduce the Oklahoma championship and then join all three for a tri-state title at one point before everything went different. I think this is going to be a fun little group you've put together and no doubt there's a lot of talent and potential to work with.

7/17-Sat-Mid South Wrestling Television-Irish McNeil Boy's Club in Shreveport,Louisiana 

(The Mid-South video slams on screen with quick clips of the top stars. We then cut to ringside where Boyd Pierce is standing by at the announcer's booth)

BP: Welcome everyone to Mid-South Wrestling coming as always from the Irish McNeil Boy's Club. I'm Boyd Pierce and what a night of action we've got here on the Mid-South network. We've got a special mystery partner tag team main event as the North American champion The Grappler & Mr Wrestling 2 will each bring a partner of their choosing. The identities of these partners will be kept secret until matchtime. We'll also hear from "Cowboy" Bill Watts as he has  some major announcements regarding Mid-South Wrestling including our return to the Superdome! But right now it's time to head to the ring for our first match.

(We cut to Reisor Bowden center ring)

RB: This match is set for one fall with a 10 minute time limit. Introducing first in the red corner,from Tombstone Arizona weighing 277 lbs...The Bounty Hunter! And his opponent in the blue corner,From Pascagoula Mississippi weighing 430 lbs...Plowboy Frazier!

The Bounty Hunter vs Plowboy Frazier 

No scientific wrestling here just two big men pounding on each other. After a few minutes Frazier uses his considerable size advantage to overwhelm the masked man before finishing him off with a leg drop that gets impressive height for a man the size of Frazier.

*Commercial*

(We return to see Bill Watts joining Boyd Pierce at the announcer's booth)

BP: Welcome back fans. As you can see I'm being joined by "Cowboy" Bill Watts and Bill i understand you've got some exciting news to share with us.

BW: That's right Boyd...Folks there's some big changes happening here in Mid-South Wrestling. For starters it's with great pride that i announce that our Superdome Extravaganza will be a monthly event starting August 15th. And on that date we'll host a one day eight team tournament to crown new Mid-South Tag Team Champions! 3 teams have already been decided upon,4 more will be determined in a series of qualifier matches over the coming weeks & the final team will be decided via a special "Wild Card" battle royal that same night in which the final 2 men will make up the final team in the tournament. Folks it's a exciting time in professional wrestling and i intend for Mid-South to be in the thick of it. Thank y'all & enjoy the rest of the show.

BP: A huge announcement to be sure. Now let's send it up to Reisor Bowden for our next match.

RB: This match is set for one fall with a 10 minute time limit. In the red corner From Blacksburg Virginia weighing 270 lbs Sir Oliver Humperdink presents Bob Roop! ...and in the blue corner from Roanoke Virginia weighing 218 lbs...Ric McCord!

Bob Roop w/Sir Oliver Humperdink vs Ric McCord

Roop absolutely picks McCord apart transitioning from one hold to the next before ultimately applying a double wristlock for the submission victory. Roop doesn't release the hold immediately however and it takes some threats from the referee & the instruction of Humperdink for him to finally let go. 

(Roop & Humperdink make their way to Pierce amongst a chorus of boos) 

BP: What a revolting display. Mr Roop how do you justify such unsportsmanlike conduct?

(Roop shoots Pierce a glare that could curdle milk & points to Humperdink)

SOH" First of all Boyd Pierce i do the talking for Mr Roop,any questions for him are to be directed to me. Secondly he doesn't have to justify anything to you. This man is a Olympic athlete & a certified American Hero. He's above sharing the ring with half-trained carney rejects in front of a bunch of sharecroppers & cotton pickers. And he's gonna prove it when he liberates the Louisiana Championship from that preening sissy boy Jimmy Garvin. Just like the rest of the House of Humperdink will win the Mid-South Tag Team Championship.  Now let's get outta here Bob,the smell of cheap booze is making me nauseous.

(Roop & Humperdink leave to even louder boos than before)

BP: Folks i'm sorry for the comments of Sir Oliver Humperdink. More great Mid-South action after this commercial break.

*Commercial-Boyd Pierce runs down the Mid-South Louisiana tour schedule for the coming week*

BP: Welcome back everyone. Now something I've been looking forward to all week,the Mid-South debut of "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka!

RB: This match is set for one fall with a 10 minute time limit. Introducing first in the red corner from the Cosmos weighing 238 lbs... "Handsome" Billy Starr...and his opponent in the blue corner from the Fiji Islands weighing 235 lbs..."Superfly" Jimmy Snuka! *Big pop*

"Handsome" Billy Starr vs "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka 

A fast paced match that sees Starr get in enough to prevent it from becoming a total squash but is ultimately a showcase for Snuka culminating in his victory vis the Superfly splash.

(Snuka makes his way to Pierce)

BP: Congratulations Jimmy on your successful debut. What brings you to Mid-South.

JS: Boyd Pierce it's real simple bruhdda, i was asking around, trying to decide where to take my career next and everyone i talked to said the same thing "Superfly if you want the toughest competition you've gotta get down to Mid-South" and now that I'm here I've got a simple 2 step plan. Step 1 become North American Champion Step 2 use that as a springboard to become the first Polynesian NWA World Heavyweight Champion!

(Snuka leaves to a sizeable ovation)

BP: Folks our massive main event is coming up next.

*Commercial-Boyd Pierce runs down the Mid-South Mississippi touring schedule for the coming week*

BP: Welcome back folks, It's time for our mystery tag partner main event.

RB: This is our television main event. It's set for one fall with tv time remaining. In the red corner from Parts Unknown weighing 260 lbs the Mid-South North American Heavyweight Champion...The Grappler!...& his partner from Atlanta GA weighing 295 lbs...The Super Destroyer! And in the blue corner, first from Atlanta GA weighing 247 lbs...Mr Wrestling 2! & his partner from Parts Unknown weighing 240 lbs...Mr Olympia! 

Mid-South North American Heavyweight Champion The Grappler & The Super Destroyer vs Mr Wrestling 2 & Mr Olympia 

All 4 men have their working boots on and we get a tightly contested tag match. The inevitable role of face in peril goes to Olympia who really gets worked over for several minutes. This culminated in the equally inevitable hot tag to Mr Wrestling 2 which gets a huge pop. He fights off both heels for a bit before hitting the knee lift on Super D! He goes for the pin which gets broken up by Grappler. Grappler tries to throw him out but 2 reverses & sends Grappler outside. As that's happening Super D 2 comes down & pulls the original out. Mr W2 sees it but the referee is checking on Grappler. SD2 gets into the ring & charges MW2 who back body drops him over the top rope. The ref sees this & calls for the bell! He thinks it was the original Super D & dq's Mr Wrestling 2! 2 tries to explain but is jumped by Grappler. This brings in Olympia but he's jumped by both Super D's! Security pours into the ring and it's chaos to send us off the air.

Next week, JYD in action, Sir Oliver Humperdink debuts his tag team, The debut of the Pringle Dynasty & in the main event Louisiana Champion Jimmy Garvin defends against former champion Ernie Ladd!

Mid-South Wrestling 

July 19th-23rd 1981

Louisiana Loop

Monday- Shreveport, LA 

Tuesday- Lake Charles, LA 

Wednesday- Monroe, LA 

Thursday- New Orleans, LA 

Friday- Baton Rouge, LA 

"UK Magician" Tony Charles defeats Igor Volkoff with a Dropkick 

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel defeats Ric McCord with a Corkscrew Elbow Drop 

"Black Tank" Ray Candy defeats "Cool" Carl Fergie with a Body Press 

The Kansas Jayhawks ("Dirty" Dutch Mantell & "Hangman Bobby Jagers) defeat Stan Lane & Steve Keirn when a knee to Lane's back from Mantell,who was on the apron, allowed Jagers to hit a reverse neckbreaker 

Killer Khan w/Percy Pringle the 3rd defeats "Mr USA" Tony Atlas with a Asain Spike following a distraction by Pringle 

"Big Cat" Ernie Ladd & The Wild Samoans (Afa & Sika) defeat Mid-South Louisiana Champion Jimmy Garvin,Junkyard Dog & "Timekeeper" Mike George with a double headbutt to George by the Samoans. Ladd lead the Samoans to attack Garvin after the bell before eventually being run off by JYD swinging his chain.

Mid-South Wrestling 

July 19th-23rd 1981

Mississippi Loop

Monday- Jackson,MS

Tuesday- Starkville,MS

Wendsday- Amory,MS

Thursday- Booneville,MS

Friday- Columbus,MS

Vinnie Romero defeats Bobby Bold Eagle with his feet on the ropes.

Plowboy Frazier defeats "Handsome" Billy Starr with a Leg Drop.

"All Night" Norvell Austin w/"Ravishing" Randy Rose & "Lover Boy" Dennis Condrey defeats Scott McGee with a Diving Headbutt 

George Wells & Bugsy Mcgraw fought to a double c.o 

Mid-South Mississippi Championship 

Don Diamond(c) defeats "Lord" Jonathan Boyd w/Sir Oliver Humperdink by dq when Boyd lost his temper & clothslined Diamond over the top rope. After the bell George Barnes ran down & he & Boyd beat down Diamond with Humperdink even getting a few shots in. 

Mr Wrestling 2,Mr Olympia & "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka defeat Mid-South North American Champion The Grappler & The Super Destroyers when MW2 pinned one of the Super Ds with the Knee Lift. They continued brawling after the bell with Grappler trying to hit MW2 with the North American title. The shot missed and the faces were eventually able to clear the ring to send the crowd home happy.

"Big Cat" Ernie Ladd & The Wild Samoans (Afa & Sika) defeat Mid-South Louisiana Champion Jimmy Garvin,Junkyard Dog & "Timekeeper" Mike George with a double headbutt to George by the Samoans. Ladd lead the Samoans to attack Garvin after the bell before eventually being run off by JYD swinging his chain.

- This is a fun main event and the feud that will always be a top draw with Ladd and the Samons taking on the babyface.

Mr Wrestling 2,Mr Olympia & "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka defeat Mid-South North American Champion The Grappler & The Super Destroyers when MW2 pinned one of the Super Ds with the Knee Lift. They continued brawling after the bell with Grappler trying to hit MW2 with the North American title. The shot missed and the faces were eventually able to clear the ring to send the crowd home happy.

- I also saw a lot of money in Wrestling II taking on the masked men. There is so much that can be done with the masks on the line along with other titles.

A great start to Mid South... you've got the feuds and the talent to put it all together. Great stuff!

7/24-Sat-Mid-South Wrestling Television-Irish McNeil Boy's Club in Shreveport LA 

(The Mid-South video slams on screen with quick clips of the top stars. In a new addition the video closes on a still shot of the Mid-South North American Champion The Grappler. We then cut to ringside where Boyd Pierce & "Cowboy" Bill Watts are standing by at the announcer's booth)

BP: Welcome everyone to Mid-South Wrestling coming as always from the Irish McNeil Boy's Club in Shreveport Louisiana.  I'm Boyd Pierce and standing beside me is the man in charge "Cowboy" Bill Watts & Bill people cannot stop talking about the tournament you announced to crown new Mid-South Tag Team Champions & i understand you're here to expand on that announcement.

BW: That's right Boyd. First of all I said that thrthree teams had been entered already and now I can announce who those teams are. Already entered into the tournament are...The Wild Samoans managed by Ernie Ladd *Boos* ...The Super Destroyers *More boos* And finally due to his status as a four time Mid-South Tag Team Champion with a variety of partners, the Junkyard Dog will be allowed to enter with a partner of his choosing. *Big pop* He'll be announcing the identity of his partner after his match. I also said that there'd be a series of qualifier matches allowing four teams to earn their entry into the tournament well folks you'll be getting one a week starting...RIGHT NOW! 

(We cut to Reisor Bowden center ring as the crowd pops huge)

RB: This match is set for one fall with a 10 minute time limit and is a qualifing match for the Mid-South Tag Team Title tournament. First in the red corner...representing the Pringle Dynasty...at a combined weight of 484 lbs... Percy Pringle the 3rd presents "Hangman" Bobby Jagers..."Dirty" Dutch Mantell...The Kansas Jayhawks! Their opponents in the blue corner, First from Parts Unknown weighing 240 lbs Mr Olympia! And his partner from Pascagoula Mississippi weighing 430 lbs Plowboy Frazier! 

The Kansas Jayhawks w/Percy Pringle the 3rd vs Mr Olympia & Plowboy Frazier

Honestly this at times is less of a match & more of a pure fight. Frazier' s size & strength allow him to overwhelm either Jayhawk individually while Olympia is able to hold his own and is responsible for what actual wrestling we do get. The Dynasty however can rely on superior teamwork & a willingness to bend if not outright break the rules. The deciding factor proves to be Pringle himself. A well timed trip puts Olympia in position for Jagers to drive the point of his elbow into the masked man's heart for the tainted victory.

(The trio make their way to Pierce amongst the boos from the crowd)

BP: Well the Kansas Jayhawks advance to the tournament thanks to a little help from their manag...

(Pringle snatches the mic away from Pierce)

PP3: Boyd Pierce how dare you level such a accusation against me? How dare you sully the the accomplishment of my Kansas Jayhawks? How dare you besmirch my Pringle Dynasty? You'd best watch yourself Pierce lest you end up like that masked moron in the ring. Lying flat on your back....pain coursing through your entire body...staring at the lights trying to figure out where it all went wrong! Now onto more important business than your idiocy, I understand next week there's going to be a battle royal right here on tv to decide who'll challenge for the Mississippi Championship at the Superdome. Which makes it the perfect occasion to present the centerpiece of my Dynasty. I almost didn't bring him to Mid-South you know? Not because he isn't ready you understand but because you aren't ready...Mid-South Wrestling isn't ready for this monster... the National Wrestling Alliance isn't ready for my monster! But he's gonna be here next week because that battle royal & the tournament at the Superdome are just stepping stones to the Pringle Dynasty fulfilling its destiny of holding the NWA World Tag Team Titles & the NWA World Heavyweight Championship!

(Pringle contemptuously shoves the mic into Pierce's chest than leads his men away)

BP: (shaking his head) Folks we'll be back with more exciting action on the Mid-South network after these messages.

Commercial-Boyd Pierce runs down the Mid-South Louisiana tour schedule for the coming week.

(We return to the Mid-South fans clapping to the beat of "Another one bites the dust" by Queen as JYD enters the ring)

RB: This match is set for one fall with a 10 minute time limit. In the red corner from the Gameroom weighing 220 lbs Checkmate! And in the blue corner from Charlotte North Carolina weighing 280 lbs Junkyard Dog! *Huge pop* 

Checkmate (Tony Charles in a mask) vs Junkyard Dog 

The masked Checkmate tries to stick & move but he only succeds in delaying the inevitable, his defeat via the Thump.

(JYD makes his way to Pierce as while soaking in the cheers of the crowd)

BP: Congratulations on the big win Dog but what I'm sure everyone is wondering is, Who's going to be your partner in the tournament to crown our Mid-South Tag Team Champions?

JYD: Well Boyd Pierce when the "Cowboy" told me I was entered into the tournament & that I could pick my partner i knew I had to find just the right man. Like Mr Watts said I've held those belts four times, Those Mid-South Tag Titles mean a lot to the Dog and I knew i had to find somebody who'd fight just as hard as I will. Somebody tough enough to go not just once or twice but three times in one night. And I'm proud to say I found just that man & I've got'em here today. Y'all wanna meet'em?

(The crowd pops ...)

JYD: Well then get up & show some Louisiana love for the one...the only..."Captain Redneck" himself Dick Murdoch!

(Murdoch gets quite the ovation as he meets with JYD)

BP: Dick Murdoch! Welcome back to Mid-South!

DM: Thank you Boyd Pierce. I had just wrapped up some business up north when my phone rang. It was a certain Dog & he starts telling me about a tournament, says good ol' Mid-South Wrestling is crowning new Tag Team Champions & he asks if ol' "Captain Redneck" wants in. Now lord knows you spend enough time up north you'll do just about anything to smell some southern air again but you throw in a shot at some Mid-South gold & i couldn't say yes fast enough. But I wanna say something to the other teams both the ones already in & the ones looking to qualify. Dick Murdoch is not a man who does things by half & neither is the Dog. We're entering the tournament & we're coming to win and then we're gonna hold on to them Mid-South Tag Titles till they got no choice but to give us a shot at the NWA World Tag Team Titles. Ain't that right Dog?

JYD: You said it all Cap! Haha!

(JYD & Murdoch leave to a huge ovation)

BP: More exciting Mid-South action after these messages.

Commercial-Boyd Pierce runs down the Mid-South Mississippi touring schedule for the coming week.

(We return to Reisor Bowden center ring for the next match)

RB: This match is set for one fall with a 10 minute time limit.  In the red corner from the U.S.S.R weighing 115 kilos Igor Volkoff! *Massive boos as Volkoff waves the Hammer and Sickle* And in the blue corner from Bradford England weighing 17 stone Scott McGee!

Igor Volkoff vs Scott McGee 

A rather even match pitting McGee's more technical style against Volkoff brawling & dirty tactics. The end comes when referee Alfred Neely backs up McGee as Volkoff was in the corner. Volkoff uses the breather to tap the toe of his right boot against the mat. When he signed he could continue McGee charged in and was meet with that same boot to the face. Volkoff quickly covered for the win but his celebration was marred by fans accusing him of loading the boot.

(We cut to Boyd Pierce with a man unfamiliar to Mid-South fans)

BP: Alright a bit of controversy surrounding that last match. Folks i want to i want to introduce a fresh face to the territory Floyd Creatchman from Montreal Quebec Canada. Mr Creatchman what brings you to Mid-South?

FC: Bonjour monsieur Pierce comment vas tu en catte belle journee?

BP: I'm sorry sir I don't understand.

FC: (rolls his eyes) Of course you don't you Americans can barely speak english. And that perverted gibberish you cajuns try to call french doesn't even begin to count. First of all Boyd Pierce if you're going to introduce me you WILL say my name correctly, They call me "Pretty Boy" Floyd Creatchman for obvious reasons.  My father Eddie "The Brain" Creatchman is the greatest manager in all of Canada and he taught me everything he knows. I've come to this, I believe the term is flyover state, to expand the Creatchman wrestling empire to this cultural wasteland you try to pass off as a country. So for the next few weeks I'll be on the lookout for the wrestler or wrestlers worthy of joining Pretty Boy Inc. And when I find them they'll be heading straight to the top. Au du monsieur Pierce try to make less of a fool of yourself next time.

(Creatchman leaves to a chorus of boos)

BP: Quite the character. More Mid-South action after these messages.

Commercial+promos for the Superdome Extravaganza on August 15th 

(We return to Reisor Bowden center ring for the next match)

RB: This is a tag team match set for one fall with a 10 minute time limit. In the red corner from Australia...representing the House of Humperdink...Sir Oliver Humperdink presents..."Lord" Jonathan Boyd.. George Barnes...The Royal Kangaroos! And in the blue corner first from Roanoke Virginia weighing 218 lbs Ric McCord...and his partner from Treorchy Wales weighing 15 stone "UK Magician" Tony Charles!

The Royal Kangaroos w/Sir Oliver Humperdink vs Ric McCord & "UK Magician" Tony Charles 

A showcase for the Kangaroos that ends when Barnes hit Charles with a Shoulder breaker.

(Humperdink & The Royal Kangaroos head to Pierce where Humperdink cuts a promo promising his team will win the tournament & become the Mid-South Tag Team Champions & reiterates that Bob Roop wants a shot at the Louisiana Championship)

Commercial+promo for the Superdome Extravaganza on August 15th 

BP: That was out final commercial break folks. Now it's time for our championship main event!

RB: This is our television main event. It is scheduled for one fall with tv time remaining and it is for the Mid-South Louisiana Championship. In the red corner the challenger...standing 6 feet 9 inches tall weighing 320 lbs from New Orleans Louisiana "Big Cat" Ernie Ladd! *Massive boos* And in the blue corner...from Tampa Florida weighing 235 lbs the reigning & defending Mid-South Louisiana Champion..."Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin!

Mid-South Louisiana Championship 

"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin(c) vs "Big Cat" Ernie Ladd 

Big fight feel for this one. The advantage swings back-and-forth several times. Ladd is bigger, stronger & more experienced his best days are behind him. Garvin meanwhile can rely on speed, technique & endurance. They're approaching the end of tv time when Garvin goes for a desperation crossbody off the top rope. It connects and Garvin goes for the cover...1...2...THE WILD SAMOANS STORM THE RING AND BREAK UP THE COUNT! The ref calls for the dq as Samoans pound on Garvin. Ladd pulls himself up and looks to join in but suddenly JYD & DICK MURDOCH CHARGE THE RING... LADD DUCKS OUT AS THEY CHARGE THE SAMOANS...FISTS ARE FLYING...IT'S TOTAL CHAOS AS BOYD PIERCE SIGNS OFF!

Next week, The Mid-South in-ring return of Dick Murdoch, Mississippi Champion Don Diamond in action, The Super Destroyer in action, Tournament qualifier: George Wells & "Black Tank" Ray Candy vs The Midnight Express ("Ravishing" Randy Rose & "Lover Boy" Dennis Condrey). Main Event: 15 man battle royal, winner challenges for the Mid-South Mississippi Championship on August 15th at the Superdome!

Edited by Autistic Dragon
Wrong names

Mid-South Wrestling 

July 26th-30th

Louisiana Loop

Monday- Benton, LA

Tuesday- Lafayette, LA

Wednesday- Hammond, LA 

Thursday- Alexandria, LA 

Friday- Natchitoches, LA 

Stan Lane defeats Checkmate with a Savat kick

"Cool" Carl Fergie defeats Ric McCord with a handful of tights on a inside cradle 

Steve Keirn defeats Igor Volkoff with a cross-body off the top rope 

Killer Khan w/Percy Pringle the 3rd defeats Steve Keirn with a Second rope diving kneedrop to the throat 

Junkyard Dog & "Captain Redneck" defeat The Wild Samoans w/"Big Cat" Ernie Ladd by dq when referee Ron West caught Ladd hitting JYD with a big boot. Ladd & The Samoans continued to assault JYD & Murdoch after the bell until Jimmy Snuka ran down with a chair leading to...

"Superfly" Jimmy Snuka defeats "Big Cat" Ernie Ladd by c.o when Ladd became frustrated & simply walked away

Mid-South Wrestling 

July 26th-30th

Mississippi Loop

Monday- Batesville, MS 

Tuesday- Louisville, MS 

Wendsday- Southaven, MS 

Thursday- Kosciusko, MS 

Friday- Greenwood, MS 

Bobby Bold Eagle defeats The Bounty Hunter with a sunsetflip 

"Handsome" Billy Starr defeats Scott McGee with a backsuplex

"Timekeeper" Mike George & "All Night" Norvell Austin wrestle to a 15 minute time limit draw

Bugsy Mcgraw defeats Plowboy Frazier with a pair of brass knuckles 

The Midnight Express ("Ravishing" Randy Rose & "Lover Boy" Dennis Condrey) w/"All Night" Norvell Austin defeat Thunderbolt Patterson & Tony Atlas after a distraction by Austin led to a double flapjack on Patterson 

Mid-South North American championship 

The Grappler(c) defeats Mr Wrestling 2 with a headbutt with the loaded mask.

Lots of good stuff happening here in the Mid South. I have always appreciated the original MXE and I am glad they are getting a little rub here.  Sir Oliver looks like he's got some plans for control around the Tri-State area. JYD and Murdoch are always a solid pairing as well. I believe they held the titles around this time. You've definitely got some star power here in the Mid South and guys like Jimmy Garvin and the Grappler find themselves on tops of the mountains.

1 hour ago, LowBlowPodcast said:

Lots of good stuff happening here in the Mid South. I have always appreciated the original MXE and I am glad they are getting a little rub here.  Sir Oliver looks like he's got some plans for control around the Tri-State area. JYD and Murdoch are always a solid pairing as well. I believe they held the titles around this time. You've definitely got some star power here in the Mid South and guys like Jimmy Garvin and the Grappler find themselves on tops of the mountains.

I just checked and Murdoch & JYD held the tag titles twice between April 27th- July 26th in 81. Fun fact, both reigns ended courtesy of the Wild Samoans.

Mid-South Wrestling is coming to you on Fox & its affiliates Fox 8 out of New Orleans & WXXV out of Jackson.

7/31-Sat-Mid-South Wrestling Television-Irish McNeil Boy's Club in Shreveport Louisiana 

(The Mid-South video slams on screen with quick clips of the top stars ending on a shot of Mid-South North American Champion The Grappler. We cut to Boyd Pierce standing by alongside...Floyd Creatchman?)

BP: Welcome everyone to Mid-South Wrestling coming as always from the Irish McNeil Boy's Club in Shreveport Louisiana. I'm Boyd Pierce and standing beside me this week is the man who made his debut in Mid-South last week, "Pretty Boy" Floyd Creatchman. Floyd a pleasure to have you here.

FC: The pleasure is most certainly yours Pierce. I said last week i was looking for the top talent in Mid-South & if I have to carry you on commentary for a couple of weeks to find them that's just the price I have to pay.

BP: Well this should be fun. Let's head down to the ring for our first match & the in ring return of Dick Murdoch!

FC: Ow boy just what's needed around here, another drunk redneck.

RB: Out opening contest is set for one fall with a 15 min time limit. In the red corner from the Gameroom weighing 220 lbs...Checkmate! And in the blue corner from Waxahachie Texas weighing 288 lbs..."Captain Redneck" Dick Murdoch!

Checkmate vs "Captain Redneck" Dick Murdoch 

A relatively quick showcasing for Murdoch who just pounds on the masked man before finishing it with his patented Brainbuster.

BP: A impressive return for Dick Murdoch. He & Junkyard Dog are certainly among the favorites to win the Mid-South Tag Titles tournament on August 15th at the Superdome. Speaking of (Pierce trails off as Ernie Ladd & The Wild Samoans arrive) To what do we owe the pleasure Mr Ladd?

EL: Boyd Pierce you better watch how you speak to the Big Cat or I'll shove this size 22 boot so far up your pasty white backside you'll be able to clean it & brush your teeth at the same time you understand me? (Pierce gulps & nods his head as Creatchman cracks up) Now my Samoans & i are not leaving until that big fat dummy Bill Watts gets out here cause I gotta bone to pick with him over what happened last week & we'll stand out here all show if we have to!

Commercial-Boyd Pierce runs down the Mid-South Louisiana tour schedule for the coming week 

(We return to Ladd & The Samoans still with a clearly intimidated Boyd Pierce & a somewhat more relaxed Floyd Creatchman. Ladd is shouting "I'm waiting Watts" at the top of his lungs. The fans erupt into cheers as a irritated Watts heads to the set)

EL: About time! What you had finish cleaning out catering before you came out? (Creatchman chuckles until a glare from Watts shuts that down)

BW: Look Ernie I'm a busy man. You called me out here, I'm here now what do you want?

EL: What i want is to know how you intend to punish that strutting Nancy boy Jimmy Garvin for the cowardly way he "retained" the Louisiana Championship last week.

BW: Excuse me? As I recall YOU were disqualified when this savages you cart around stormed the ring and assaulted Garvin.

EL: They only did that cause that prissy sissy was breaking every rule in the book and as usual your referee was to corrupt, stupid or both to do anything about it. Now It seems to me the only fair thing to do is reverse the decision and award me the title right now. 

BW: Ernie I know you spent some time up north recently and I don't know how they do things up there but in Mid-South you have to EARN a championship. Now if you & your men don't leave and let this show proceed I'll take The Wild Samoans out of the Tag Title Tournament!

(The fans burst into cheers as Ladd is fuming)

EL: Alright sucka we'll go but understand this, what happens next is on your head boy.

(Ladd angrily leads the Wild Samoans away before Watts departs himself to a much warmer reception. Pierce let's out the breath he was holding)

BP: Quite the tense situation there Floyd.

FC: Yes it was & I for one am appalled at how that incompetent hick Bill Watts just treated Mr Ladd who was only trying to achieve some justice around here.

BP: Not exactly what I took from that exchange. Folks let's see if we can't lighten the mood with our next match 

RB: This match is set for one fall with a 15 minute time limit. In the red corner from from Atlanta GA weighing 295 lbs...the Super Destroyer! And in the blue corner from Greensboro, NC weighing 224 lbs..."Sweet" Stan Lane!

The Super Destroyer vs "Sweet" Stan Lane 

Lane gets some shine as his quick offense & good looks get the crowd on his side (the young ladies in particular) but in the end the size,power & mean streak of Super D gets him the win with the finish coming from a devastating Superplex.

Commercial-Boyd Pierce runs down the Mid-South Mississippi touring schedule for the coming week 

BP: Welcome back fans and Floyd we've quite a treat for everyone, the Mid-South Mississippi Champion Don Diamond in action.

FC: I gotta admit he's pretty skilled but I've been hearing great things about his opponent, "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel.

BP: I can't argue with you there. By all accounts Buddy Landel has a bright future ahead of him. Should be a exciting contest.

RB: This match is set for one fall with a 15 time limit. In the red corner from Jacksonville FL weighing 235 lbs..."Nature Boy" Buddy Landel! And in the blue corner from St Vintage FL weighing 229 lbs the reigning Mid-South Mississippi Champion...Don Diamond!

Non title 

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel vs Don Diamond 

The most evenly matched contest so far. Landel really works the crowd and you can see a potential star in a few years. They work a scientific match frequently trading holds. The methodical nature of the match makes it a surprise when the pin comes with a flash victory roll by Diamond.

(Di cuts a post match promo saying he'll join commentary for the battle royal later and he's ready for whoever emerges the winner)

Commercial-Promo for the Superdome Extravaganza on August 15th 

BP: Welcome back everyone. Up next is a qualifing match for the Mid-South Tag Title Tournament at the Superdome Extravaganza on August 15th. 

FC: Boyd Pierce ever since I arrived in the territory people can't stop talking about this tournament.

BP: It's the hot topic to be sure. As a man looking for some talent to manage i imagine you yourself may have a interest in this tournament?

FC: I'm keeping my eye on all the champions & top challengers Pierce. But the aspect of guaranteed new champions is certainly intriguing. I've heard some particularly impressive things about the Midnight Express.

BP: They've had great success throughout the Southeast to be sure but they're against two double tough men in George Wells & Ray Candy. Let's head to the ring 

RB: This match is a qualifing match for the Mid-South Tag Team Title tournament. First in the red corner accompanied by "All Night" Norvell Austin, From The Dark Side at a combined weight of 485 lbs..."Ravishing" Randy Rose..."Lover Boy" Dennis Condry...The Midnight Express! And in the blue corner from Decatur GA weighing 341 lbs.. "Black Tank" Ray Candy...and his partner from Oakland CA weighing 240 lbs...George Wells!

The Midnight Express ("Ravishing" Randy Rose & "Lover Boy" Dennis Condry) w/"All Night" Norvell Austin vs "Black Tank" Ray Candy & George Wells. 

The size of Candy & the brawling prowess of Wells makes them a formidable pairing despite their lack of experience teaming together. Rose & Condry on the other hand have plenty of experience together backed up by a willingness to break the rules. In the end it's the main on the outside who makes the difference as Austin grabs the leg of Wells during a suplex attempt and holds onto it as Rose scores the pin.

(The MXE cut a promo where they aggravate the crowd even more with their cocky attitudes & disparaging comments about the woman in the crowd who apparently don't meet their standards. They dismiss the tournament as a formality and state their only concern is where they'll celebrate their title victory. They leave behind a exasperated Pierce...and a impressed looking Creatchman)

Commercial-Promo for the Superdome Extravaganza on August 15th 

(We return to 14 men alr in the ring awaiting the final participant Percy Pringle the 3rd's "monster" . The manager walks out with a grinning that would make the Joker uncomfortable before gesturing to the entrance to reveal...KILLER KHAN!)

15 Man Battle Royal, Winner challenges Don Diamond for the Mid-South Mississippi Championship at the Superdome Extravaganza on August 15th 

Participants: "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel, "Sweet" Stan Lane, Steve Keirn, "All Night" Norvell Austin, "Cool" Carl Fergie, "UK Magician" Tony Charles, Bugsy Mcgraw, Plowboy Frazier, "Lord" Jonathan Boyd, George Barnes, Thunderbolt Patterson, "Mr USA" Tony Atlas, Mr Olympia, Scott McGee & Killer Khan 

Order of eliminations

Carl Fergie by Tony Atlas 

Tony Charles by the Royal Kangaroos 

Scott McGee by Plowboy Frazier 

Stan Lane by Killer Khan 

Steve Keirn by Killer Khan 

Buddy Landel by Plowboy Frazier 

Norvell Austin by Tony Atlas & Thunderbolt Patterson 

Tony Atlas & Thunderbolt Patterson by Bugsy Mcgraw with a double clothsline immediately after they tossed out Austin 

George Barnes by Plowboy Frazier 

Jonathan Boyd by Plowboy Frazier 

Bugsy Mcgraw by Mr Olympia 

Mr Olympia by Killer Khan 

Plowboy Frazier by Killer Khan with 3 running boots 

Winner: Killer Khan 

Boyd Pierce hypes Khan's victory having eliminated a third of the field. Diamond acknowledges the tough test ahead of him with grim determination.  Pringle joins his monster in the ring and jaws at Diamond as we head off the air.

Next week: Main event "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka vs Bob Roop w/Sir Oliver Humperdink. Tag Team Tournament qualifier, "Sweet" Stan Lane & Steve Keirn vs "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel & "Handsome" Billy Starr. Also in action, Junkyard Dog, "Timekeeper" Mike George & "All Night" Norvell Austin 

Mid-South Wrestling 

August 2nd-6th

Louisiana Loop

Monday- Mansfield, LA

Tuesday- New Iberia, LA 

Wendsday- Houma, LA 

Thursday- Chalmette, LA 

Friday- Slidell, LA 

"Sweet" Stan Lane defeats Igor Volkoff with a Savat kick.

"Cool" Carl Fergie defeats "UK Magician" Tony Charles with his feet on the ropes after holding onto them to avoid a Dropkick. 

Steve Keirn & "Hangman" Bobby Jagers w/Percy Pringle the 3rd wrestled to a 15 minute time limit draw. After the match Jagers assaulted Keirn with his bull whip.

"Timekeeper" Mike George defeats "Dirty" Dutch Mantell w/Percy Pringle the 3rd with a Diving Headbutt.

Sika w/"Big Cat" Ernie Ladd defeats "Captain Redneck" Dick Murdoch with a Samoan Drop after a distraction from Ladd.

"Superfly" Jimmy Snuka defeats Afa w/"Big Cat" Ernie Ladd with a sunsetflip off the top rope. Ladd tried to interfere but was intercepted by Junkyard Dog.

Mid-South Wrestling 

August 2nd-6th

Mississippi Loop

Monday- Greenville, MS 

Tuesday- Water Valley, MS 

Wendsday- Oxford, MS 

Thursday- Corinth, MS 

Friday, Tupelo, MS 

"Handsome" Billy Starr defeats Bobby Bold Eagle with a backslide with his feet on the ropes.

Scott McGee defeats Vinnie Romero with a German Suplex. 

Plowboy Frazier defeats "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel with a Leg Drop.

Bugsy Mcgraw defeats Thunderbolt Patterson with a standing splash.

Non title 

Mid-South Mississippi Champion Diamond defeats George Barnes w/Sir Oliver Humperdink by countering a Suplex into a inside cradle.

Non title 

Mid-South North American Champion The Grappler defeats Mr Olympia following interference from The Super Destroyer. Mr Wrestling 2 came down to prevent any further attacks & he & The Grappler were heard trading insults as the show ended.

Okay, so I apologize for completely missing your Saturday tv show.

Let's get to it... Floyd Cretchman likes to stir the shit and I like it. I never cared much for Boyd by himself, I always thought he played better off someone... that's true here. I love the introductions too... I got lazy and stopped but they add so much.

Murdoch and Dog vs the Samoans... honestly... it is the only way to go!

I kind of like Landel at this point in his career but he can't seem to get past the Diamond in the rough.

Good little battle royal to finish things off... I like Khan winning and being the man to go on. He is a serious threat... no matter who he faces.

Pretty good house show loops...  interesting to see if Dutch can get himself some momentum soon. Superfly is also a low key big name to keep an eye on.

On the other loop... Diamond continues to look tough... then you've got the issue with Grappler and Wrestling II... so much can come from this and I am pumped!

Mid-South Wrestling is coming to you on Fox & it's affiliates Fox 8 out of New Orleans & WXXV out of Jackson.

8/7-Sat-Mid-South Wrestling Television-Irish McNeil Boy's Club in Shreveport Louisiana 

(The Mid-South video slams on screen with quick clips of the top stars ending on a shot of Mid-South North American Champion The Grappler. We then cut to Boyd Pierce & Floyd Creatchman at ringside standing by)

RB: Welcome everyone to Mid-South Wrestling coming as always from the Irish McNeil Boy's Club in Shreveport Louisiana. As you can see I'm being joined once again by "Pretty Boy" Floyd Creatchman still on the hunt for his first client. Tell us Floyd after last week what do you think of the talent here in Mid-South?

FC: Well Boyd Pierce i saw some potential but if anyone here thinks they can apart of Pretty Boy Inc they'll have to take their game to a entirely different level.

BP: Well Floyd knowing the wrestlers here like i do they'll take that as a challenge. And we've got some of our best here today, Junkyard Dog always a favorite here in Mid-South, "All Night" Norvell Austin of the Midnight Express who's been making waves all across the south as well as "Timekeeper" Mike George a top contender for any title. And listen to this main event folks, One of the most exciting wrestlers in the world "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka goes one-on-one with the Olympian Bob Roop with Sir Oliver Humperdink in his corner in promises to be a incredible contrast in styles.

FC: Be honest Pierce, Do you actually believe that island savage even stands a chance against a elite level athlete like Bob Roop?

BP: I'm certainly not questioning Mr Roop's ability he's one of the most technically sound wrestlers in the sport today but I think the "Superfly" may just surprise you. But enough of our back-and-forth let's head to the ring for our first match, a Tag Team Championship Tournament qualifier.

RB: Our opening contest is set for one fall with a 15 minute time limit and is a qualifing match for the Mid-South Tag Team ChampioChampionship Tournament. In the red corner from Jacksonville Florida weighing 235 lbs "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel...and his partner from the Cosmos weighing 238 lbs "Handsome" Billy Starr...and in the blue corner from Greensboro North Carolina weighing 224 lbs "Sweet" Stan Lane...and his partner Tampa Florida weighing 215 lbs Steve Keirn!

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel & "Handsome" Billy Starr vs "Sweet" Stan Lane & Steve Keirn 

Though Landel & Starr are united in their willingness to break the rules this is offset by Lane & Keirn's more natural chemistry and by Starr not quite being on his partners level. Tellingly Creatchman seems to take a liking to Landel. Eventually Landel gets frustrated with Starr's failings and walks out leaving Starr to fall to a double dropkick.

(Lane & Keirn cut a promo promising to shock the world by becoming the next Mid-South Tag Team Champions)

Commercial-Boyd Pierce runs down the Mid-South Louisiana tour schedule for the coming week.

RB: Welcome back fans and Floyd i suspect you'll enjoy this next match featuring the third member of the Midnight Express, "All Night" Norvell Austin.

FC: Rose & Condry have already advanced to the Tag Title Tournament and Austin is already a decorated champion in this part of your God forsaken country.

BP: Hey now that's not necessary.

FC: Your right for once in your life Pierce, the talent of Norvell Austin speaks for itself.

RB: That's not what I...oh nevermind let's head to the ring.

RB: This match is set for one fall with a 15 minute time limit. In the red corner from The Dark Side weighing 224 lbs representing the Midnight Express "All Night" Norvell Austin...and in the blue corner from Roanoke Virginia weighing 218 lbs Ric McCord!

"All Night" Norvell Austin vs Ric McCord 

A showcase for Austin really work McCord over. His cocky attitude & blatant disregard for the rules rile up the crowd so much they can't even appreciate his match winning moonsault.

(Norvell Austin makes his way to Pierce) 

NA: Boyd Pierce, Mid-South Wrestling, Y'all have been blessed with the Midnight Express haha yes sir we're here & we're coming for all the gold. My boys "Ravishing" Randy & "Lover Boy" Dennis have the Tag Titles locked up, ain't no team that can stop'em at the Superdome. As for me I got my eyes on one title in particular. I'm talking about that NWA World Jr Heavyweight Championship so Tiger Mask i don't know where you at, or if you understand a word I'm saying but understand one thing daddy. It's just a matter of time till I get you in that ring & when that happens you'll be looking at the new NWA World Jr Heavyweight Champion. (Turns to leave but snaps his fingers and turns back) Almost forgot, Mr Creatchman (Floyd looks at Austin curiously) me & the boys talked it over & we're ready to negotiate when you are daddy. 

(With that Austin leaves)

CommercCommercial-Boyd Pierce runs down the Mid-South Mississippi touring schedule for the coming week.

(We return to Boyd Pierce being joined by Mike George)

RB: Welcome back fans & I've got a special guest with me, "Timekeeper" Mike George & Mike it's an exciting time in Mid-South Wrestling, What's your plan going forward?

MG: Well Boyd Pierce my immediate goal is the Louisiana Championship. I'm already a two time Mississippi Champion & a three time North American Champion & now I look to become a two time Louisiana Champion. As for today however I'm the Timekeeper for a reason and I'm calling this match in under six minutes.

(George heads to the ring)

RB: This match is set for one fall with a 15 minute time limit. In the red corner, from Tombstone Arizona weighing 277 lbs The Bounty Hunter...and in the blue corner from St Joseph Missouri weighing 265 lbs "Timekeeper" Mike George!

The Bounty Hunter vs "Timekeeper" Mike George 

George completely outwrestles the big masked man before finishing him off with the Diving Headbutt in under the self imposed 6 minute time limit.

(We return to Igor Volkoff already in the ring, enraging the crowd by waving the soviet flag. The mood immediately changes as the intro to "Another one bites the dust" comes over the pa system. The crowd claps along as JYD enters the ring)

RB: This match is set for one fall with a 15 minute time limit. In the red corner from the U.S.S.R weighing 115 kilos Igor Volkoff...and in the blue corner from Charlotte North Carolina weighing 280 lbs Junkyard Dog!

Igor Volkoff vs Junkyard Dog 

A hard hitting match that ends when Volkoff ducks a clothesline only to come off the other side and run into the Thump.

(JYD cuts a promo promising he & Murdoch will win the Tag Title Tournament at the Superdome & he hopes they beat the Wild Samoans to do it)

BP: That was our last commercial break folks and now it's time for our huge main event.

RB: This is our television main event with tv time remaining. In the red corner from Blacksburg Virginia weighing 270 lbs, Sir Oliver Humperdink presents Bob Roop...and in the blue corner from The Fiji Islands weighing 235 lbs "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka 

Bob Roop w/Sir Oliver Humperdink vs "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka 

Pierce promised a contrast of styles & that's precisely what what we get. Snuka's high energy style colliding with Roop's relentless mat game. The result is a back-and-forth contest in which both men show what they're made of with each man getting several near falls. The comes as we're coming to the end of tv time. Snuka has Roop prone on the mat and ascends the ropes to hit the Superfly splash but as the referee is checking on Roop Humperdink seizes the opportunity to shove Snuka off the top rope sending him crashing down to the mat. Roop capitalizes by grabbing Snuka & ramming him shoulder first into the corner post then running him across the ring to ram him into the opposite corner post before synching in the Double Wristlock. Snuka holds on as best he can & ultimately it's referee Dick Kroll who calls for the bell to prevent permanent injury. Kroll has to threaten to reverse the decision in order to get Roop to break the hold & as we go off the air Humperdink can barely be heard over the booing crowd yelling into the camera "That's gonna be you Garvin"

Next week: Main Event Mr Wrestling 2 & Mr Olympia vs The Super Destroyers (if MW2 & Olympia win MW2 gets another shot at The Grappler's North American Championship at the Superdome. If the Super Ds win MW2 xan never challenge The Grappler again) Tag Team Tournament qualifier Black Dynamite (Thunderbolt Patterson & Tony Atlas) vs The Royal Kangaroos. Also in action, Plowboy Frazier, Bugsy Mcgraw & The Wild Samoans.

Mid-South Wrestling 

August 9th-13th

Louisiana Loop

Monday- Coushatta, LA 

Tuesday- Marksville, LA 

Wendsday- Livington, LA 

Thursday- Ville Platte, LA 

Friday- DeRidder, LA 

Steve Keirn defeats Checkmate with a Sunsetflip. 

"Cool" Carl Fergie defeats Scott McGee by reversing a German suplex into a O'Connor roll with a handful of tights. 

"Sweet" Stan Lane defeats "Handsome" Billy Starr with a Savat kick. 

Bugsy Mcgraw defeats "UK Magician" with a standing splash.

"Big Cat" Ernie Ladd defeats "Timekeeper" Mike George with a big boot. 

Louisiana Championship 

"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin defeats Sika w/"Big Cat" Ernie Ladd by dq when Sika wouldn't stop attacking Garvin in the corner to answer the referee's 5 count. Ladd got in the ring for a 2-1 beatdown until Mike George ran down with a chair and cleared the ring. Ladd could be heard swearing vengeance as he lead Sika to the back.

Mid-South Wrestling 

August 9th-13th 

Mississippi Loop

Monday- Water Valley, MS 

Tuesday- Houston, MS

Wendsday- Decatur, MS 

Thursday- New Augesta, MS 

Friday- Liberty, MS 

Bobby Bold Eagle defeats Igor Volkoff with a Tomahawk Chop.

Vinnie Romero & Ric McCord wrestled to a 10 minute time limit draw.

Plowboy Frazier defeats The Shadow (Norvell Austin in a mask) with a leg drop.

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel defeats "Black Tank" Ray Candy by unwrapping some of his wrist tape & used it in a sleeper.

The Midnight Express defeat George Wells & Black Dynamite when Condry hit Atlas with a chopblock while he had Rose in a Military Press causing him to fall with Rose on top.

Mr Wrestling 2 defeats The Super Destroyer when The Grappler ran down after a ref bump & tried to hit MW2 with the North American title but MW2 ducked & he hit Super D instead!

I like these two loops for mid-south. I really think Mike George is an underrated hand in the Mid-South territory and you found a good spot and way to use him. I also think Jimmy Garvin has a huge upside and in doing my research for 81 Mid-South he really had a big role in the company along with the grappler the super destroyer and others. I appreciate the realism in your booking which I know sometimes when we get into fantasy booking we sometimes go a little crazy but your gauge on the reality of what was going on with a fresh take is really refreshing.

Mid-South Wrestling is coming to you on Fox & it's affiliates Fox 8 out of New Orleans & WXXV out of Jackson.

8/14-Sat-Mid-South Wrestling Television-Irish McNeil Boy's Club in Shreveport LA.

(The Mid-South video slams on screen with quick clips of the top stars ending on a shot of the Mid-South North American Champion The Grappler. We then cut to ringside where Boyd Pierce and Floyd Creatchman are standing by)

BP: Welcome everyone to Mid-South Wrestling coming as always from the Irish McNeil Boy's Club in Shreveport Louisiana. I'm Boyd Pierce and I'm joined once again by "Pretty Boy" Floyd Creatchman & Floyd we're only 24 hours away from the Superdome Extravaganza where we'll crown new Mid-South Tag Team Champions.

FC: That tournament is just about all anyone's been talking about since I arrived in the territory it's finally upon us. But that's not all that's happening tomorrow is it Boyd Pierce?

BP: Certainly not we've got 2 guaranteed title matches already as Don Diamond defends the Mississippi Championship against Percy Pringle the 3rd's monster Killer Khan. Also as a result of his victory in last weeks main event Bob Roop has been granted the Louisiana Championship match against "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin he & his manager Sir Oliver Humperdink have been requesting for weeks. But before we get to the Superdome we've got a incredible show for you today. The aforementioned Sir Oliver Humperdink will lead his Royal Kangaroos against the team of Thunderbolt Patterson & Tony Atlas know as Black Dynamite in the final Tag Team Titles tournament qualifier. Plowboy Frazier quickly becoming a fan favorite will be in action as will the always unpredictable Bugsy Mcgraw. And listen to this main event, Mr Wrestling 2 teams with Mr Olympia against the Super Destroyers. A victory by earns Mr Wrestling 2 one last chance to challenge The Grappler for the Mid-South North American Championship tomorrow night at the Superdome Extravaganza but a defeat means he can never challenge for the title again as long as The Grappler holds it. But before all that Ernie Ladd has arranged what he is calling a "tune up" for his Wild Samoans ahead of their participation in the tournament tomorrow night.

FC: I've been waiting to see the Samoans tear someone apart since I got here!

BP: Well Floyd you may get your wish right now. Let's head to the ring.

RB: Our opening contest is set for one fall with a 15 minute time limit. In the red corner from the Isle of Samoa with a combined weight of 645 lbs Ernie Ladd presents The Wild Samoans...And in the blue corner first from Treorchy Wales weighing 15 stone "UK Magician" Tony Charles...and his partner from Bradford England weighing 17 stone Scott McGee!

The Wild Samoans w/"Big Cat" Ernie Ladd vs Scott McGee & "UK Magician" Tony Charles 

McGee & Charles try with all their might but are overwhelmed basically from the opening bell by the sheer savagery of the Samoans. Aside from the briefest of hope spots it's a one sided mauling that ends with a double headbutt to Charles. Ladd who was on commentary promises this is just the beginning as he's men will stack the bodies to the sky in route to the Mid-South Tag Team Championship & eventually the NWA World Tag Team Titles.

RB: Welcome back fans and Floyd that was quite the display by The Wild Samoans in our last match wasn't it?

FC: That it was. Ladd has those animals in top form & i for one wouldn't be surprised to see them win the whole thing.

BP: No doubt they have to be among the favorites. Switching gears folks up next we have the a man who's really been endearing himself to the Mid-South fans wherever he goes, the massive Plowboy Frazier.

FC: Of course he has, he's just like them. A uneducated, overfeed bumpkin who's never going to amount to a pile of poutine.

BP: Wow that's offensive & I don't even know what poutine is.

FC: Of course you don't, you grew among people who think alligator makes fine cuisine.

BP: At least I know the difference between ham & bacon.

FC: Excuse me?

BP: You're excused. Now let's get to the ring for our next match.

RB: This match is set for one fall with a 15 time limit. In the red corner from Albuquerque New Mexico weighing 242 lbs Vinnie Romero...and in the blue corner from Pascagoula Mississippi weighing 468 lbs Plowboy Frazier!

Vinnie Romero vs Plowboy Frazier 

Romero really irritates the crowd with his strutting around the ring & blowing kisses at the female fans. He keeps it up after the bell rings by stalling as much as possible & trying a hit-and-run strategy. Eventually however Frazier uses his size to corner Romero and really pounds on him to the delight of the crowd. After a few minutes of this Frazier finishes up with a leg drop which gets impressive height for a man his size during which he let's out a "yeeee" which the crowd joins in on.

(Post match promo by Frazier. It's not the best promo you'll ever hear technically speaking but there's something about the big excitable goof the fans really respond to)

Commercial-Boyd Pierce runs down the Mid-South Mississippi touring schedule for the coming week.

(We return to Boyd Pierce joined by the House of Humperdink. Humperdink swears it'll take more than "a couple of muscled up statues" to keep him men from the tag title tournament just as it'll take more than "that preening milksop" to keep Bob Roop from the Louisiana Championship. With that Hump leads his men to the ring)

RB: This match is set for one fall with a 15 time limit and is a qualifing match for the Mid-South Tag Team Title tournament. In the red corner from Australia...representing the House of Humperdink...Sir Oliver Humperdink presents..."Lord" Jonathan Boyd & George Barnes...The Royal Kangaroos! And in the blue corner from Atlanta Georgia weighing 242 lbs Thunderbolt Patterson...and his partner from Roanoke Virginia weighing 275 lbs "Mr USA" Tony Atlas...They are Black Dynamite!

The Royal Kangaroos w/Sir Oliver Humperdink vs Black Dynamite.

A hard hitting affair that threatens to break down several times. The momentum swings back and forth but it seems the deciding factor may be the presence of Sir Oliver Humperdink who as referee Dick Kroll is breaking up a brawl between Boyd & Atlas throws a pair of brass knuckles to Barnes. When Barnes goes for the K.O punch Patterson grabs his hand takes the knucks off puts them on his own hand & lays out Barnes. He throws the weapon out of the ring as Kroll makes his way over to count the 1-2-3.

Commercial+promos for the Superdome Extravaganza on August 15th.

We return to Pierce & Creatchman hyping the man they say may be the most dangerous in the territory, Bugsy Mcgraw.

RB: This match is set for one fall with a 15 times limit draw. In the red corner from Central Florida weighing 279 lbs Bugsy Mcgraw...and in the blue corner from Roanoke Virginia weighing 219 lbs Ric McCord.

Bugsy Mcgraw vs Ric McCord 

A very physical display by Mcgraw who really works over McCord. Mcgraw looks extra aggressive tonight putting McCord away with the standing splash.

(Post match Mcgraw cuts a bizarre stream of consciousness promo which the audience members who really think about it can discern to mean that Mcgraw is in Mid-South Wrestling to 1. Hurt people 2. Win titles & 3. Make money)

Commercial-Promo for the Superdome Extravaganza on August 15th.

(We return to Boyd Pierce joined by The Grappler & The Super Destroyers)

Grappler: Boyd Pierce I've held this title for 10 months and I truly believe that the only reason I've not received a shot at the NWA World Heavyweight Championship is because I've been having to fend off that second rate nuisance Mr Wrestling 2. I've beaten this fool all over the territory but he keeps coming back like a bad rash. Well tonight my men The Super Destroyers will rid me of this irritant once and for all allowing me to finally focus on taking my rightful place on top of the wrestling world.

RB: This is our television main event with tv time remaining. In the red corner accompanied by the Mid-South North American Champion The Grappler, they are The Super Destroyers... and in the blue corner first from Parts Unknown weighing 240 lbs Mr Olympia...and his partner from Atlanta Georgia weighing 247 lbs Mr Wrestling 2!

The Super Destroyers w/The Grappler vs Mr Olympia & Mr Wrestling 2

All four men mean business and go full tilt from the opening bell. Momentum swings back and forth. As we're coming up on the end of tv time The Super Ds pull the old switcheroo & SD2 nearly pins Olympia with a surprise inside cradle. He then sends Olympia into the ropes but as he ducks down for a back body drop MW2 blind tags in & hits the knee lift for the win.

Pierce & Creatchman hype MW2's last chance to challenge for the Mid-South North American Championship. They hard sell the Superdome Extravaganza one more time as we head off the air.

In action next week, "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel, Junkyard Dog, The Kansas Jayhawks & Killer Khan. Main event "Captain Redneck" Dick Murdoch vs "Big Cat" Ernie Ladd.

Final card for the Superdome Extravaganza.

August 15th

New Orleans Louisiana 

Louisiana Superdome 

Mid-South Tag Team Championship Tournament.

Wild card battle royal, final 2 men form the final team.

The Super Destroyers vs "Sweet" Stan Lane & Steve Keirn 

The Kansas Jayhawks ("Dirty" Dutch Mantell & "Hangman" Bobby Jagers) w/Percy Pringle the 3rd vs Junkyard Dog & "Captain Redneck" Dick Murdoch

The Midnight Express ("Ravishing" Randy Rose & "Lover Boy" Dennis Condry) vs wild card team 

The Wild Samoans w/"Big Cat" Ernie Ladd vs Black Dynamite (Thunderbolt Patterson & "Mr USA" Tony Atlas)

Non tournament matches 

Don Diamond(c) vs Killer Khan w/Percy Pringle the 3rd 

"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin(c) vs Bob Roop w/Sir Oliver Humperdink 

Mid-South North American Championship 

The Grappler(c) vs Mr Wrestling 2

Mid-South Wrestling 

Superdome Extravaganza 

Louisiana Superdome in New Orleans.

8/15/81

Wild Card battle royal (last 2 men form the final team in the Tag Title Tournament)

Winners: "Timekeeper" Mike George & The Shadow 

Mid-South Tag Team Title Tournament quarterfinals. Each match has a 15 minute time limit.

The Super Destroyers vs "Sweet" Stan Lane & Steve Keirn

Lane & Keirn have gelled quickly & their fast paced offense stump the masked duo for a bit but ultimately they're superior size & teamwork take over & Keirn falls to a double superplex.

Winners: The Super Destroyers 

The Kansas Jayhawks w/Percy Pringle the 3rd vs Junkyard Dog & "Captain Redneck" Dick Murdoch 

A real 4 man slugfest that could go either way but it's the Thump to Mantell that seals the deal.

Winners: Junkyard Dog & Dick Murdoch 

The Midnight Express (Rose & Condry) vs "Timekeeper" Mike George & The Shadow

To the surprise of everyone, The Shadow turns on George the second the bell rings. Rose & Condry feign shock before joining in for a 3-1 beatdown that lasts a few minutes before finishing it with a double flapjack. The Shadow hugs Rose & Condry before removing his mask to reveal... Norvell Austin! Bill Watts who has been at ringside announces that Austin is hereby barred from the building for the rest of the night. The MXE complain for a bit before Austin reluctantly agrees to be escorted out by security.

The Wild Samoans w/"Big Cat" Ernie Ladd vs Black Dynamite (Thunderbolt Patterson & Tony Atlas) ends in a 15 time limit draw. The fans disappointment turns to anger when it's announced that the MXE recieve a bye to the finals.

Winners: DRAW

Don Diamond(c) vs Killer Khan w/Percy Pringle the 3rd 

The Champs speed & technical ability let him hold out for a while but Khan is simply too much & a flying knee drop gives us a new Mississippi Champion.

Winner AND NEW Mid-South Mississippi Champion: Killer Khan 

Mid-South Tag Title Tournament semifinal (30 minute time limit)

The Super Destroyers vs Junkyard Dog & "Captain Redneck" Dick Murdoch 

This one breaks down several times even most of the "orderly" action consists of wild brawling. The end comes when SD1 attempts a suplex to Murdoch who counters into a Brainbuster.

Winners: Junkyard Dog & Dick Murdoch 

"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin vs Bob Roop w/Sir Oliver Humperdink ends in a 20 minute time limit draw. After the bell Roop jumps Garvin & locks in the double wristlock. It takes a entire swarm of security & the threat of suspension from Watts to make Roop break the hold. He grabs the Louisiana title & he & Humperdink pose with it as Garvin writhes in agony.

Mid-South Tag Team Title tournament final (no time limit)

The Midnight Express vs Junkyard Dog & "Captain Redneck" Dick Murdoch 

Over 20 minutes of back and forth action as both teams empty their arsenals. Halfway through Floyd Creatchman comes down but makes no move to interfere. Towards the end Condry pulls the referee in front of a Murdoch clothesline as JYD is brawling with Rose on the floor. As Mu is waking the ref Creatchman grabs one of the Tag Title belts & slides it to Condry. As Murdoch turns to re-engage Condry smashes him in the face with the belt before tossing it back to Creatchman. Condry covers & the ref groggily counts 1...2...(JYD tries to break it up but Rose grabs his legs)..3!

Winners AND NEW Mid-South Tag Team Champions: The Midnight Express!

Before the main event, it's announced that the next Superdome Extravaganza will take place on September 12th!

Mid-South North American Championship. 1 hour time limit.

The Grappler(c) vs Mr Wrestling 2

Nearly 40 minutes of intense action boils down to the closing stretch. As the referee checks on a down MW2 Grappler takes the opportunity to load his mask & get on the second rope. Amongst a sea of flashing cameras he dives... but MW2 ROLLS OUT OF THE WAY! The champ crashes to the mat! MW2 pulls himself up on the ropes as Grappler struggles to get to his feet. When he does MW2 uses all his energy to KNEELIFT THE LOADED MASK! GRAPPLER FLIES BACKWARD AS MW2 HOLDS HIS KNEE IN PAIN. HE CRAWLS TO THE COVER...1...2.. 3!!! THE 10 MONTH REIGN OF THE GRAPPLER IS OVER!

Winner AND NEW Mid-South North American Champion: Mr Wrestling 2

Big time showdown in the Superdome. We've got a changing of the guard here in the Mid South. New Tag Team Champs the Midnights. Wrestling 2 has got the North American.  I love the depth that you've got here with this roster. Now you have had a chance to get things the way you want it so we can really see your image of Mid South come to life. I have a feeling there are some big things on the horizon.