Mid-South Wrestling 

August 16th-20th

Louisiana Loop

Monday- Hahnville, LA 

Tuesday- Opelousas, LA 

Wendsday- Harrisonburg, LA 

Thursday- Winnsboro, LA 

Friday- Jonesboro, LA 

"UK Magician" Tony Charles defeats The Shadow with a Dropkick.

Igor Volkoff defeats Ric McCord with the "loaded" boot

Scott McGee defeats Checkmate with a German Suplex.

Bob Roop w/Sir Oliver Humperdink defeats Steve Keirn with the Double Wristlock.

"Timekeeper" Mike George & "All Night" Norvell Austin w/"Pretty Boy" Floyd Creatchman wrestle to a double c.o.

Mid-South Tag Team Championship 

Junkyard Dog & "Captain Redneck" Dick Murdoch defeat The Midnight Express(c) w/"Pretty Boy" Floyd Creatchman by dq when Creatchman dove into the ring to break up a pin by JYD on Rose. After the bell JYD got ahold of Creatchman & hit him with the Thump to send the crowd home happy.

Mid-South Wrestling 

August 16th-20th 

Mississippi Loop

Monday- Luka, MS

Tuesday- Waynesboro, MS 

Wendsday- Magnolia, MS 

Thursday- Belzoni, MS 

Friday- Senatobia, MS 

"Handsome" Billy Starr defeats Bobby Bold Eagle with a handful of tights.

"Sweet" Stan Lane defeats Vinnie Romero with a Savat kick.

"Black Tank" Ray Candy defeats The Bounty Hunter with a Elbow drop.

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel defeats George Wells with a roll of coins.

"Superfly" Jimmy Snuka defeats Bugsy Mcgraw with the Superfly splash.

Mississippi Championship 

Killer Khan(c) w/Percy Pringle the 3rd defeats Don Diamond with the Asain Spike.

Junkyard Dog & "Captain Redneck" Dick Murdoch defeat The Midnight Express(c) w/"Pretty Boy" Floyd Creatchman by dq when Creatchman dove into the ring to break up a pin by JYD on Rose. After the bell JYD got ahold of Creatchman & hit him with the Thump to send the crowd home happy.

Good way to keep the houses going with the DQ... plus you've got Creatchman egging things on... perhaps it is time for the shark cage on the next loop!

Killer Khan(c) w/Percy Pringle the 3rd defeats Don Diamond with the Asain Spike.

I also like Khan in this role. He can become an unstoppable force for a big up and comer in the future. He fits the bill in all the right spots.

Mid-South Wrestling is coming to you on Fox on Fox 8 out of New Orleans & WXXV out of Jackson.

(The show opens with footage from last weeks show at the Superdome, Where Norvell Austin attacked Mike George under the guise of The Shadow, Killer Khan winning the Mississippi Championship, The Midnight Express winning the Tag Titles with help from Floyd Creatchman & Mr Wrestling 2 winning the North American Championship.

We then play the usual opening montage of clips of the top stars now ending on a shot of Mr Wrestling 2. We finally cut to ringside where Boyd Pierce is now being joined by "Cowboy" Bill Watts)

BP: Welcome everyone to Mid-South Wrestling coming as always from the Irish McNeil Boy's Club in Shreveport Louisiana. I'm Boyd Pierce and I'm joined by the man in charge of Mid-South "Cowboy" Bill Watts & Bill what a night at the Superdome last week.

BW: It certainly was Boyd for reasons good & bad,the bad coming in part due to the man who'd been your partner on commentary the past few weeks Floyd Creatchman who interjected himself into the finals of the Tag Title Tournament & clearly at least to my eyes cost JYD & Dick Murdoch the victory. Now here in Mid-South the referee's decision is final so unfortunately there is nothing I can do about it but I can do something going forward which is why I'll be joining you right here on commentary every week & you best believe I'll be keeping a eye on all the rulebreakers around here. You may be able to sneak one past the ref but you're gonna have to get up pretty early in the morning to get one over on me!

BP: Huge news to start us off on a episode where we'll hear from all 3 new champions & their various managers. But before all that let's send it to the ring for our opening contest.

(We cut to Reisor Bowden center ring)

RB: Our opening contest this week is set for one fall with a 15 minute time limit. In the red corner from Jacksonville Florida weighing 235 lbs..."Nature Boy" Buddy Landel...and in the blue corner from The Acoma Indian Reservation weighing 229 lbs Bobby Bold Eagle.

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel vs Bobby Bold Eagle 

Eagle manages a good showing but Landel targets the leg slowing the match down considerably before claiming victory with the Figure Four leglock. Landel's cocky strutting really worked up the crowd & even got Watts a little frustrated.

Commercial-Boyd Pierce runs down the Mid-South Louisiana tour schedule for the coming week.

(We return to Boyd Pierce joined by Floyd Creatchman & The Midnight Express)

BP: Ladies and gentlemen my guests at this time are the new Mid-South Tag Team Champions Randy Rose & Dennis Condry along with Norvell Austin & Floyd Creatchman and gentlemen i...(Creatchman snatches the mic away with a indignent look) 

FC: Really Pierce you get the privilege, the honor of holding our first interview since winning the Mid-South Tag Team Titles and THAT'S how you introduce us? Let me show you how it's really done, *clears throat* Ladies and gent...oh who am I kidding? Things that live in Shreveport I present the greatest three man unit in the history of professional wrestling. Three men who are everything your wives wish you were. Three men who can wrestle every day then party the night away. Three men who have more women coming through their door than a proctolgist, masseuse & plastic surgeon put together. I give you the GREATEST Mid-South Tag Team Champions of ALL TIME "Ravishing" Randy Rose & "Lover Boy" Dennis Condry & the next NWA World Jr Heavyweight Champion "All Night" Norvell Austin...The Midnight Express! *looks dismissively at Pierce* And that's how it's done!

(Shoves the mic into Pierce's chest and The MXE leave to thunderous boos)

BP: (shaking his head) Folks let's send it to the ring for our next match.

RB: This match is set for one fall with a 15 minute time limit. In the red corner from Albuquerque New Mexico weighing 242 lbs Vinnie Romero...and in the blue corner from Charlotte North Carolina weighing 280 lbs Junkyard Dog!

Vinnie Romero vs Junkyard Dog 

JYD had some aggression to get out of his system & just batters Romero from pilla-to-post. After several minutes of Romero's best pinball impersonation he gets damn near put through the mat with the Thump.

Commercial-Boyd Pierce runs down the Mid-South Mississippi touring schedule for the coming week.

(We return to Boyd Pierce joined by Percy Pringle the 3rd & the entire Pringle Dynasty)

BP: I'm being joined by The Pringle Dynasty & Mr Pringle I'd say it was a mixed bag for your men last week at the Superdome. The Kansas Jayhawks were eliminated in the first round of the Tag Title Tournament but your monster Killer Khan captured the Mississippi Championship.

PP3: Let's get one thing straight Boyd Pierce. My Jayhawks weren't eliminated by that mangey dog & that pretend cowboy who can't even lace his own boots over the spare tire he drags around everywhere they were eliminated by that crooked official who ignored the obvious cheating. But that can be corrected later for tonight is a night of celebration. I told everyone that Mid-South wasn't ready for my monster and I was right. Nobody in the battle royal was ready, Don Diamond certainly wasn't ready, NO ONE IS READY FOR MY MONSTER KILLER KHAN! And he's going to hold this Mississippi Championship as long as i want him to Boyd Pierce. He's gonna hold this title until he has to give it up after winning the North American championship. Let's go men!

(The Dynasty head to the ring) 

RB: This is a tag team match set for one fall with a 15 minute time limit. In the red corner representing the Pringle Dynasty with a combined weight of 484 lbs, Percy Pringle the 3rd presents..."Dirty" Dutch Mantell & "Hangman" Bobby Jagers...The Kansas Jayhawks! And in the blue corner from Treorchy Wales weighing 15 stone " UK Magician" Tony Charles...and his partner from Bradford England weighing 17 stone Scott McGee!

The Kansas Jayhawks w/Percy Pringle the 3rd & Killer Khan vs "UK Magician" Tony Charles & Scott McGee 

Though Charles's quick offense & McGee more technical style do cause problems one-on-one the Jayhawks superior teamwork & physical style prove too much for the British duo & McGee succumbs to a double clothesline.

*Commercial*

RB: This non title match is set for one fall with a 15 minute time limit. In the red corner from Mongolia weighing 311 lbs Percy Pringle the 3rd presents the Mid-South Mississippi Champion, Killer Khan...and in the blue corner from Roanoke Virginia weighing 218 lbs Ric McCord.

Non title 

Killer Khan w/Percy Pringle the 3rd vs Ric McCord 

McCord never stood a chance. The whole match is Khan alternating between clubbing blows & torturous submissions. After several uncomfortable minutes the end comes with a second rope kneedrop which crushes McCord's throat. Medics rush to tend to McCord but they hesitate momentarily as Khan begins walking towards them before being lead away by a cackling Pringle.

BP: Tense scene but thankfully the medics are tending to McCord. We all hope he's ok. But on a more positive note ladies and gentlemen please welcome the new Mid-South North American Champion, Mr Wrestling 2! (Mr Wrestling 2 comes down to a massive ovation)

MW2: Thank you, Thank you so much. Boyd Pierce I can't tell you how great this feels. For 10 months I & all these fans watched The Grappler sully the reputation of this title. Breaking every rule in the book as long as he could hold onto the gold one more day. Well that time is over. From now on this title will be defended with the dignity it deserves & against all worthy contenders. I don't care if it's Jimmy Snuka, Ernie Ladd, Junkyard Dog or that monster Killer Khan. If you want this title you better be prepared to wage world war 3 because I'm not giving it up for anything less.

(Mr Wrestling 2 leaves to another huge ovation)

BP: Some fighting words from the new North American Champion. Folks don't go anywhere because our massive main event is next.

*Commercial*

RB: This is our television main event with tv time remaining. In the red corner from New Orleans Louisiana weighing 320 lbs "Big Cat" Ernie Ladd...and in the blue corner from Waxahachie Texas weighing 288 lbs "Captain Redneck" Dick Murdoch!

"Big Cat" Ernie Ladd vs "Captain Redneck" Dick Murdoch 

Nothing fancy here just two big bad men beating the hell out of each other. The end comes near the end of tv time. Murdoch is in control as The Wild Samoans prowl to ringside but are intercepted by Junkyard Dog swinging a chair. Unfortunately the ruckus is enough to distract Murdoch enough for Ladd to recover & hit the big boot for the 1..2..3

Next week: In action Plowboy Frazier, Mr Olympia, Igor Volkoff & Black Dynamite. Main Event, "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka vs The Grappler.

I always liked Bill Watts following the rules but also doing things his own way, he had a fun dynamic there.

Pringle and Cretchman fighting for dominance in Mid South indirectly is an interesting way to approach the heels in the territory.

Wrestling 2 is ready for whatever comes his way and calls out some big names...

Bi time main event... Big Cat and Dirty Dick doesn't do too much but now we add Ladd and the Samoans to the heel dominance...

I am ready to see who cane come up from the babyfaces outside of Dog, Murdoch, and Wrestling II... who can step up to these groups and big names to exert some real success here in the Mid South?

Mid-South Wrestling 

August 23rd-27th

Louisiana Loop

Monday- Benton, LA 

Tuesday- Saint Francisville, LA 

Wendsday- Metairie, LA 

Thursday- Jennings, LA 

Friday- Lake Providence, LA 

Bobby Bold Eagle defeats The Shadow with a Backslide.

Vinnie Romero & Steve Keirn wrestle to a 10 minute time limit draw.

"Lord" Jonathan Boyd w/Sir Oliver Humperdink defeats Scott McGee with a neckbreaker.

George Wells defeats "All Night" Norvell Austin w/"Pretty Boy" Floyd Creatchman with Football tackle.

Non title 

"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin defeats George Barnes w/Sir Oliver Humperdink with a Brainbuster.

Floyd Creatchman suspended above the ring in a shark cage.

The Midnight Express (Rose & Condry)(c) defeat Junkyard Dog & "Captain Redneck" Dick Murdoch after Condry hit Murdoch with a chain Creatchman dropped through the cage floor.

Mid-South Wrestling 

August 23rd-27th

Mississippi Loop

Monday- Olive Branch, MS 

Tuesday- Walthall, MS 

Wendsday- Pearl, MS 

Thursday- Ellisville, MS 

Friday- Biloxi, MS 

Ric McCord defeats Checkmate with a Sunsetflip.

The Bounty Hunter defeats "UK Magician" Tony Charles with a powerslam.

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel defeats "Sweet" Stan Lane with a Corkscrew Elbow Drop.

"Black Tank" Ray Candy defeats "Hangman" Bobby Jagers w/Percy Pringle the 3rd with a Splash.

Don Diamond defeats The Super Destroyer with a Victory Roll.

"Big Cat" Ernie Ladd & The Wild Samoans defeat North American Champion Mr Wrestling 2 & Black Dynamite when Ladd jabbed Atlas with his taped thumb behind the referee's back allowing Sika to hit a Samoan Drop.

Mid-South Wrestling is coming to you on Fox on it's affiliates Fox 8 out of New Orleans & WXXV out of Jackson.

8/28-Sat-Mid-South Wrestling Irish McNeil Boy's Club in Shreveport Louisiana.

(The Mid-South video slams on screen with quick clips of the top stars ending on a shot of Mid-South North American Champion Mr Wrestling 2. We cut to Boyd Pierce & "Cowboy" Bill Watts at ringside)

BP: Welcome everyone to Mid-South Wrestling coming as always from the Irish McNeil Boy's Club in Shreveport Louisiana. I'm Boyd Pierce alongside "Cowboy" Bill Watts & Bill what a show we have for the fans this week but first i understand you've got quite the announcement for us.

BW: That's right Boyd. On September 12th we return to New Orleans for our next Superdome Extravaganza & to ensure we provide the best wrestling show every month I've secured not 1 but 2 NWA World champions to defend their titles. After his repeated requests & based off his impressive performances since arriving here Norvell Austin has been granted his opportunity against Tiger Mask for the NWA World Jr Heavyweight Championship. And it gets better because weather it's Harley Race or Ric Flair the NWA World Heavyweight Championship will br defended on the 12th! *Massive pop*

BP: That's fantastic news Bill but I gotta know who's going to be challenging?

BW: Well Boyd the NWA World Heavyweight Championship is the most prestigious prize in professional wrestling & as such only the most worthy may challenge for it. That's why later today at the Municipal Auditorium right here in Shreveport there will be a one night eight man tournament to determine who'll challenge the champion. The first round matches are as followed...

The Grappler vs Plowboy Frazier 

The Super Destroyer vs "Captain Redneck" Dick Murdoch 

"Big Cat" Ernie Ladd vs Junkyard Dog 

Bob Roop w/Sir Oliver Humperdink vs "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka 

Tickets go on sale at the end of today's broadcast.

BP: An incredible announcement folks & i can't think of a better way to celebrate then with our first match l.

RB: This is our opening contest set for one fall with a 15 minute time limit. In the red corner from Beyond the light...The Shadow. And in the blue corner from Pascagoula Mississippi weighing 430 lbs Plowboy Frazier!

The Shadow vs Plowboy Frazier 

Really just a tune up for the big man who just knocks the masked man all over the place before finishing him with his big legdrop. A sizeable portion of the crowd joining in on the "yeeee" he let out while dropping the leg.

Commercial-Boyd Pierce runs down the Mid-South Louisiana tour schedule for the coming week.

RB: This match is set for one fall with a 15 minute time limit. In the red corner from Tombstone Arizona weighing 277 lbs The Bounty Hunter. And in the blue corner from Parts Unknown weighing 240 lbs Mr Olympia!

The Bounty Hunter vs Mr Olympia 

A relatively even bout as Hunter's superior size & pronounced mean streak provides a bit of trouble for Olympia who has to lean into his more scientific side. This proves successful as he wears his opponent down before getting the win via the Figure Four.

Post match promo sees Olympia declare his interest in the Mississippi Championship...even though he admits to being weary of Killer Khan.

Commercial-Boyd Pierce runs down the Mid-South Mississippi touring schedule for the coming week.

RB: This match is set for one fall with a 15 minute time limit. In the red corner from the U.S.S.R weighing 115 kilos Igor Volkoff. And in the blue corner from Roanoke Virginia weighing 218 lbs Ric McCord!

Igor Volkoff vs Ric McCord 

McCord has the crowd firmly behind him as he takes it to the hated Soviet. Though Volkoff gives a decent accounting of himself he's on the backfoot more often than not. The end comes as the referee is getting McCord off of Volkoff in the ropes, while neither the ref or his opponent are looking Volkoff taps the toe of his right boot against the mat and at the earliest chance drives that same boot into McCord's head for the win.

Post match promo. Volkoff bristles at any accusation of cheating. It's not his fault if the Americans are too soft to withstand a kick to the head..

*Commercial*

RB: This tag team match is set for one fall with a 15 minute time limit. In the red corner from Albuquerque New Mexico weighing 242 lbs Vinnie Romero...and his partner from The Cosmos weighing 238 lbs "The Starrchild" Billy Starr. And in the blue corner with a combined weight of 517 lbs Thunderbolt Patterson & Tony Atlas...Black Dynamite!

Vinnie Romero & "The Starrchild" Billy Starr vs Black Dynamite.

Romero & Starr's strutting preening & stalling really works the crowd up so much that they explode when Black Dynamite get impatient & charges across the ring and batter the pretty boys from pillar-to-post. After a few minutes Romero gets chucked to the floor while Starr gets launched into the corner. Atlas whips Patterson in after him but Thunderbolt reverses send "Mr USA" crashing into Starr with a clothesline. Atlas then sends Starr into a spinebuster for the win.

In the post match promo Black Dynamite have a special request for Bill Watts...they want a rematch with the Wild Samoans! Watts acts like he's mulling it over before asking "How about at the Municipal Auditorium later today?" Black Dynamite look at each other than back to Watts and say "Deal"

*Commercial*

RB: This is our television main event with tv time remaining. In the red corner from Parts Unknown weighing 260 lbs The Grappler. And in the blue corner from the Fiji Islands weighing 235 lbs "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka!

The Grappler vs "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka 

Big time main event that sees both men try to end it quickly in order to enter the tournament later in the day as freshly as possible. Alas both men fail in this and we get a evenly matched bout with several momentum shifts. It's ultimately the appearance of The Super Destroyer that proves the deciding factor as a well timed trip has Snuka stumble into a Lariat for a tainted loss.

Before we go off the air Watts grabs the mic & announces anyone who interferes with the tournament will be suspended indefinitely!

In action next week: "Timekeeper" Mike George,Bugsy Mcgraw,"Sweet" Stan Lane & Steve Keirn,Bob Roop. Main event: Junkyard Dog & "Captain Redneck" Dick Murdoch vs Kansas Jayhawks.

Good tournament to decide the challenger... my picks are...

The Grappler vs Plowboy Frazier 

Bob Roop w/Sir Oliver Humperdink vs "Superfly" Jimmy Snuk

The Grappler vs  "Captain Redneck" Dick Murdoch 

Bob Roop w/Sir Oliver Humperdink vs Junkyard Dog 

Junkyard Dog over the Grappler.

I like the Main Event with Grappler and Snuka too... two big stars for the Territory and they are justifiable big picks for the tournament.

Mid-South Wrestling 

Municipal Auditorium. 

Shreveport Louisiana.

NWA World Heavyweight Championship contender tournament round 1 matches. 20 minute time limit.

The Grappler vs Plowboy Frazier 

While Frazier's size & strength allow him to control portions of the bout the former North American Champion shows himself a level above the fan favorite. Frazier manages a attempt at his legdrop but Grappler slides away at the last second. While Frazier is pulling himself up Grappler climbs the second rope and connects with a lariat for the win.

The Grappler advances. 

A hard hitting back-and-forth brawl from the get-go. A curious moment occurs when Super D is knocked to the floor and instead of getting back in he crawls under it emerging a few seconds later having apparently found his second wind. It ultimately didn't change the outcome as Super D (2?) went for a suplex which Murdoch countered into his patented Brainbuster.

Dick Murdoch advances.

No love loss between the two who tear into each other from minute 1. Both men have their near-wins & make repeated attempts at their finisher. The deciding factor proves to be Ladd's temper. The Big Cat grew increasingly frustrated at his opponents refusal to lay down and die and a 2.9 off a massive clothesline sends Ladd into a fury roaring at the referee & the fans. He eventually calms down long enough to line up a Big Boot attempt but JYD ducks under it. Ladd's momentum sends him into the ropes and as he comes back around he gets caught with the Thump.

Junkyard Dog advances.

Bob Roop w/Sir Oliver Humperdink vs "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka 

A rematch from a couple of weeks ago it goes in a rather similar way. Snuka's faster/hard hitting style contrasts brilliantly with the cold methodical mat based approach from Roop. A recurring theme is whenever Snuka seems to be building towards a finish Roop catches him & applies a torturous submission hold. Sir Oliver Humperdink though never hesitating to shout instruction/encouragements to his client remains oddly well-behaved. This changes when Snuka goes for the "Superfly" splash. Humperdink climbs onto the apron and grabs Snuka's foot but is shoved off. Snuka dives but Roop has recovered enough alter his position & catch Snuka in the Double Wristlock! Snuka resists as long as possible but ultimately has no choice but to tap out.

Bob Roop advances.

Non tournament match 

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel vs "Sweet" Stan Lane 

A match who's main purpose is to give the advancing wrestlers time to rest. It never the less proves a entertaining affair. The end comes as Lane goes for a dropkick after shooting Landel into the ropes only for him to hold on causing Lane to hit the mat hard. Landel seizes the opportunity to hit the Corkscrew Elbow Drop for the win.

Semifinals. 30 minute time limit.

The Grappler vs "Captain Redneck" Dick Murdoch 

Nothing too pretty here. They go toe to toe for about 16 minutes with several near falls. The end comes when Murdoch is being lead away from Grappler in the corner allowing him to retrieve something from his tights and put it in his mask. When Murdoch again goes to pull him out of the corner Grappler nails him with a headbutt to advance to the finals.

The Grappler advances.

Bob Roop w/Sir Oliver Humperdink vs Junkyard Dog 

A classic brawler vs wrestler match-up. Roop frankly outclasses JYD whenever their on the mat while JYD gets the advantage whenever hands start being thrown. Humperdink again plays into the finish but not as he plans. He gets on the apron & tries to hold JYD for a charging Roop but JYD slips from his grasp causing Roop to collide with his own manager! The impact knocks Humperdink to the floor & causes Roop to stagger into the Thump!

Non tournament special attraction.

The Wild Samoans (no Ladd) vs Black Dynamite ends in a Double DQ when all four men started brawling in the ring & the ref was unable to restore order.

Tournament Final. 60 minute time limit.

The Grappler vs Junkyard Dog 

Just 2 men leaving it all out there for a shot at the ultimate prize. They've both had tough roads to get here but they each fight through the pain & exhaustion to deliver a suitability dramatic main event. Grappler manages to load his mask again but JYD avoids the first couple headbutt attempts. He eventually gets desperate & rushes into the corner for another try but JYD dodges & Grappler's head bounces off the top turnbuckle! Grappler is on dream street and wobbles into a Thump for the 1...2...3!!!

Challenging for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship on September 12th: Junkyard Dog 

Mid-South Wrestling 

August 30th-September 3rd

Louisiana Loop

Monday- Bastrop, LA 

Tuesday- Cameron, LA 

Wendsday- Baton Rouge, LA 

Thursday- Colfax, LA 

Friday- Lafayette, LA 

Bobby Bold Eagle and Vinnie Romero wrestle to a 10 minute time limit draw.

Scott McGee defeats Igor Volkoff with a German Suplex.

"Ravishing" Randy Rose w/"Pretty Boy" Floyd Creatchman defeats Steve Keirn with a Flapjack.

"Timekeeper" Mike George defeats Bugsy Mcgraw by DQ when Mcgraw backdropped George over the top rope.

The Royal Kangaroos w/Sir Oliver Humperdink defeat George Wells & "Black Tank" Ray Candy when Humperdink trips Candy as he's going for a powerslam on Boyd & hold Candy's feet during the pin.

Mid-South Louisiana Championship 

Bob Roop w/Sir Oliver Humperdink defeats "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin(c) by C.O when Roop hit a back suplex during a fight on the floor & Garvin couldn't answer the 10 count. After the result was announced Roop & Humperdink posed with the title before returning to the referee.

Mid-South Wrestling 

August 30th-September 3rd

Mississippi Loop

Monday- Ashland, MS 

Tuesday- Rolling Fork, MS 

Wendsday- Quitman, MS 

Thursday- Rosedale, MS 

Friday- Jackson, MS 

"The Starrchild" Billy Starr defeats "UK Magician" Tony Charles with a handful of tights.

Ric McCord defeats The Bounty Hunter with a inside cradle.

"Mr USA" Tony Atlas defeats "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel with a Military Press Slam.

"Dirty" Dutch Mantell w/Percy Pringle the 3rd defeats Plowboy Frazier by hitting him with his bull whip while Pringle distracted the ref.

"Superfly" Jimmy Snuka defeats "Hangman" Bobby Jagers w/Percy Pringle the 3rd with the "Superfly" splash. Pringle tried to interfere again but Plowboy Frazier came down & ran him off.

Mid-South North American Championship 

Mr Wrestling 2(c) defeats The Grappler by DQ when the Super Destroyers ran down & attacked MW2. The 3-1 assault was broken up by a baseball bat swinging Mr Olympia. Together the masked faces clear the ring and stand tall to send the crowd home happy.

I was excited to see I picked that tourney to a T... not to say it was predictable but the right guy won and now Flair and the JYD are on a collision course!

Bob Roop w/Sir Oliver Humperdink defeats "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin(c) by C.O when Roop hit a back suplex during a fight on the floor & Garvin couldn't answer the 10 count. After the result was announced Roop & Humperdink posed with the title before returning to the referee.

So in going back, Jim Garvin had a good run here in the Mid South... he's doing okay with you now... but he's messing with the wrong dudes and Bob Roop has got a reputation that isn't very good.

Mr Wrestling 2(c) defeats The Grappler by DQ when the Super Destroyers ran down & attacked MW2. The 3-1 assault was broken up by a baseball bat swinging Mr Olympia. Together the masked faces clear the ring and stand tall to send the crowd home happy.

Okay... so we've got a lot of masks here... I say you bring in Dusty under a hood as Midnight Ryder or JYD as Stagger Lee and let's see a six-man loser of the fall has to unmask!

Love the detail youre putting into this. Keep it up!

40 minutes ago, LowBlowPodcast said:

I was excited to see I picked that tourney to a T... not to say it was predictable but the right guy won and now Flair and the JYD are on a collision course!

I actually had a different winner planned originally but I realized your version made more sense all things considered so... thanks!

So in going back, Jim Garvin had a good run here in the Mid South... he's doing okay with you now... but he's messing with the wrong dudes and Bob Roop has got a reputation that isn't very good.

Okay... so we've got a lot of masks here... I say you bring in Dusty under a hood as Midnight Ryder or JYD as Stagger Lee and let's see a six-man loser of the fall has to unmask!

Love the detail youre putting into this. Keep it up!

I've always appreciated the way writer's like Blehschmidt & Spaldoni are able to write entire matches in detail. I figured this was a good chance to experiment with a more detailed style. I'm pleased with how it's turned out so far.

Mid-South Wrestling is coming to you on Fox on it's affiliates Fox 8 out of New Orleans & WXXV out of Jackson.

9/4- Mid-South Wrestling- Irish McNeil Boy's Club in Shreveport Louisiana.

(The Mid-South video slams on screen with quick clips of the top stars ending on a shot of North American Champion Mr Wrestling 2. We cut to Boyd Pierce & "Cowboy" Bill Watts at ringside)

BP: Welcome everyone to Mid-South Wrestling coming as always from the Irish McNeil Boy's Club in Shreveport Louisiana. I'm Boyd Pierce and my partner is the man in charge of Mid-South "Cowboy" Bill Watts and Bill just over a week away from September's Superdome Extravaganza & what a main event that show will have.

BW: That's right Boyd. Folks you'll recall last week we had a one night tournament right here in Shreveport to determine who would challenge for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship in the Superdome. And it's my pleasure to introduce that man...the man who will face the NEW NWA World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair...Junkyard Dog!

(The massive cheers nearly drown out "Another one bites the dust" as JYD makes his way to the set slapping hands with every fan he can reach)

BP: Dog congratulations. I think what we all want to know is what is going through your mind as you head into what is unquestionably the biggest match of your career.

JYD: (Takes a minute to soak in the cheers before answering) Boyd Pierce...there are no words man...In just 8 days I have a opportunity to wrestle for the most prestigious prize in the business...The goal of every man to lace up a pair of wrestling boots...The NWA World Heavyweight Championship & Ric Flair I'm talking straight to you...I don't take nothing away from ya. You beat the great Harley Race to win that title & earn the right to call yourself the greatest wrestler alive today...But let me tell ya something right now...On Sunday September 12th you're coming to the Dog's backyard...Nawlins Louisiana...You gone be surrounded by 20,000 of the Dog's closest friends. And with all those people behind me & with God almighty as my witness I make you this solemn vow...On Sunday September 12th i ain't leaving the Superdome without the NWA World Heavyweight Championship! (JYD leaves to a enormous pop)

BP: Well there you have it folks a very determined Junkyard Dog. Let's send it to the ring for our opening contest.

RB: Our opening contest is set for one fall with a 15 minute time limit. In the red corner from Albuquerque New Mexico weighing 242 lbs Vinnie Romero...and in the blue corner from St Joseph Missouri weighing 265 lbs "Timekeeper" Mike George!

Vinnie Romero vs "Timekeeper" Mike George 

After his introduction George takes the mic from Bowden and says to forget the 15 minute time limit,he'll end it in 5!

Romero gets some shine here but this is mainly a showcase for George controls most of the bout before finishing it with a Diving Headbutt in 4 1/2 minutes.

(We return to Boyd Pierce joined by the Midnight Express with Floyd Creatchman. Creatchman puts over his men saying no team in Mid-South can compare to Rose/Condry & that it's "inevitable" that Austin will defeat Tiger Mask to become the new NWA World Jr Heavyweight Champion. Watts interjects that the MXE don't even know who they're facing at the Superdome Extravaganza. Creatchman says it's irrelevant but Watts says he may change his tune when he hears their opponents...Dick Murdoch & Mike George! Creatchman points out those 2 have never even teamed together. Watts acknowledges that but says since the MXE have cheated every time Murdoch tried to challenge them with JYD he deserved one more chance & since JYD is busy on the 12th he allowed Murdoch to pick his partner & Murdoch felt since Austin stole The Shadow's mask & cost George in the first round he deserved a fair shot. Creatchman & co begin to argue but Watts says if they really don't want this match on the 12th they can vacate the titles right now! Creatchman begins to lead his men away in a huff but Watts stops him to say he forgot the most important part.. during both matches Creatchman would be ringside...handcuffed to Watts!)

RB: This match is set for one fall with a 15 minute time limit. In the red corner from Central Florida weighing 279 lbs Bugsy Mcgraw...and in the blue corner from Treorchy Wales weighing 17 stone Scott McGee!

Bugsy Mcgraw vs Scott McGee 

McGee's superior technical skill gives him several openings but ultimately Mcgraw's size power & viciousness give him the edge & the win via a standing splash.

RB: This tag team match is set for one fall with a 15 minute time limit. In the red corner from the Gameroom weighing 220 lbs Checkmate...  his partner from Beyond the light The Shadow ...and in the blue corner from Greensboro North Carolina 224 lbs "Sweet" Stan Lane...and his partner from Tampa Florida weighing 215 lbs Steve Keirn!

Checkmate & The Shadow vs "Sweet" Stan Lane & Steve Keirn

The main purpose is to show off Lane & Keirn's improving teamwork & high speed offense. This & their good looks endears them to the crowd (particularly the young ladies) The win comes when they send Shadow into the ropes & when he comes back Keirn doubles him over with a kneeling punch to the gut allowing Lane to come off the other side with a sunsetflip for the 1..2..3

In a post match promo Lane & Keirn promise to continue improving until they capture tag team gold.

Commercial-Promo for the Superdome Extravaganza.

RB: This match is set for one fall with a 15 minute time limit. In the red corner from Blacksburg Virginia weighing 270 lbs, Sir Oliver Humperdink presents Bob Roop...and in the blue corner from Roanoke Virginia weighing 218 lbs Ric McCord!

Bob Roop w/Sir Oliver Humperdink vs Ric McCord 

McCord gets a few hope spots but most of the match is him being utterly dissected by a almost machine like Roop. Throughout the match Humperdink can be heard yelling about "Garvin" eventually Roop slaps on the Double Wristlock for the immediate tapout. As has become the norm the referee has to threaten to reverse the decision for Humperdink to pull his man off McCord who is screaming in utter agony.

In a post match promo Humperdink hypes the rematch between Roop & Garvin for the Louisiana Championship now with a 30 minute time limit. He says there's no way some "longhaired sissy" like Garvin could ever go 30 minutes with a Olympic athlete & the Louisiana Championship is as good as theirs.

Commercial-Promo for the Superdome Extravaganza.

RB: This is our television main event with tv time remaining. In the red corner at a combined weight of 484 lbs, Percy Pringle the 3rd presents "Hangman" Bobby Jagers & "Dirty" Dutch Mantell, The Kansas Jayhawks...and in the blue corner from Charlotte North Carolina weighing 280 lbs Junkyard Dog & his partner from Waxahachie Texas weighing 288 lbs "Captain Redneck" Dick Murdoch!

The Kansas Jayhawks vs Junkyard Dog & "Captain Redneck" Dick Murdoch 

The announcer's hype this as a rematch from the first round of the Tag Title Tournament. The Jayhawks are extra aggressive tonight looking to avenge their loss. The result is a all out brawl that threatens to be thrown out more than once. The end comes as we're approaching the end of tv time and all four men are in the ring (again) only this time the referee can't restore order & is shoved to the matt as he attempts to separate Murdoch & Jagers. He calls for the bell. Upset & figuring that the match is over anyway Pringle gestures to the back summoning KILLER KHAN! Pringle's monster storms the ring as Boyd Pierce frantically explains they're out of time but promises to show what happens next week!

In action next week: "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel, Don Diamond, Black Dynamite, "All Night" Norvell Austin. Main Event: Mississippi Championship. Killer Khan(c) w/Percy Pringle the 3rd vs Mr Olympia 

Mid-South Wrestling 

September 6th-10th

Louisiana Loop

Monday- Bossier City, LA 

Tuesday- New Roads, LA 

Wendsday- Tallulah, LA 

Thursday- Jennings, LA 

Friday- Slidell, LA 

Checkmate defeats Bobby Bold Eagle with his feet on the ropes.

Scott McGee defeats "The Starrchild" Billy Starr with a German Suplex.

"All Night" Norvell Austin w/"Pretty Boy" Floyd Creatchman defeats Steve Keirn after interference from Creatchman lead to a Moonsault.

"Timekeeper" Mike George defeats Bugsy Mcgraw with a diving headbutt.

Non title 

"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin defeats George Barnes w/Sir Oliver Humperdink with a Brainbuster.

"Big Cat" Ernie Ladd & The Wild Samoans defeat Junkyard Dog, "Captain Redneck" Dick Murdoch & "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka when Ladd jabbed his taped thumb into Murdoch's throat behind the referee's back allowing the Samoans to hit a double headbutt.

Mid-South Wrestling 

September 6th-10th

Mississippi Loop

Monday- Senatobia, MS 

Tuesday- Hattiesburg, MS 

Wendsday- Belzoni, MS 

Thursday- Lucedale, MS 

Friday- Cleveland, MS 

The Bounty Hunter defeats Igor Volkoff with a running powerslam.

Ric McCord defeats Vinnie Romero by reversing a O'Connor roll & executing a bridge.

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel defeats Thunderbolt Patterson after a lowblow behind the referee's back.

"Sweet" Stan Lane defeats "Hangman" Bobby Jagers w/Percy Pringle the 3rd by DQ when Jagers grew frustrated and assaulted Lane with his bull whip.

Non title 

Killer Khan w/Percy Pringle the 3rd defeats "Mr USA" Tony Atlas after spraying him with the "Asain mist" while Pringle distracted the ref.

Mr Wrestling 2 & Mr Olympia vs The Grappler & The Super Destroyer ended in a double DQ when the referee couldn't stop all four men brawling. SD2 ran down for a breif 3-2 advantage before Plowboy Frazier charged the ring. The massive farmboy caused the heels to scatter & the 3 faces stood tall to close the show.

"Big Cat" Ernie Ladd & The Wild Samoans defeat Junkyard Dog, "Captain Redneck" Dick Murdoch & "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka when Ladd jabbed his taped thumb into Murdoch's throat behind the referee's back allowing the Samoans to hit a double headbutt.

That's a huge main event for the loop. I like the superstar face group and it is great because it is a different flavor than the other main event.

Mr Wrestling 2 & Mr Olympia vs The Grappler & The Super Destroyer ended in a double DQ when the referee couldn't stop all four men brawling. SD2 ran down for a breif 3-2 advantage before Plowboy Frazier charged the ring. The massive farmboy caused the heels to scatter & the 3 faces stood tall to close the show.

We get the Plowboy coming out and he makes his presence known. He definitely tips the scales in the faces favor.

I am interested to see the trajectory of Tony Atlas here. He could make some waves but it seems as though Khan is giving him more than he can handle.

Gonna try something different as I want to get this out before I really fall behind.

Mid-South Wrestling TV. From the Irish McNeil Boy's Club in Shreveport Louisiana.

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel defeats Bobby Bold Eagle with the Corkscrew Elbow.

Don Diamond defeats The Shadow with a victory roll.

Black Dynamite defeat "The Starrchild" Billy Starr & Vinnie Romero when Starr pinned Romero with the Spinebuster.

"All Night" Norvell Austin w/"Pretty Boy" Floyd Creatchman defeats Scott McGee after Creatchman tripped McGee causing him to stumble into a headbutt from Austin.

Mississippi Championship 

Killer Khan(c) w/Percy Pringle the 3rd defeats Mr Olympia when Pringle distracted the ref allowing Khan to spray Olympia with the "Asian mist" followed by a top rope kneedrop to the throat.

Also on the show...

Ric Flair sends in taped comments about his defense against Junkyard Dog. He puts over JYD & Mid-South but vows to leave the Superdome with the ten pounds of gold still in hand.

The Grappler is out hyping his rematch against Mr Wrestling 2 tomorrow night. He says last month was a fluke & he'll get HIS title back then refocus on the NWA World Heavyweight Championship.

The Midnight Express is out in full force. Condry & Rose are incredulous that the "thrown together" team of Murdoch & George are getting a shot. Austin guarantees victory over Tiger Mask & to "rip that mask off & show everybody just how ugly you are daddy!"

Black Dynamite have breaking news, tomorrow night it's them vs The Wild Samoans in a New Orleans Street Fight!

Jimmy Garvin swears to beat Roop & end their rivalry once & for all.

Boy Pierce runs down the full card for the Superdome Extravaganza tomorrow night.

Main Event. NWA World Heavyweight Championship match 

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair(c) vs Junkyard Dog 

Mid-South North American Championship rematch 

Mr Wrestling 2(c) vs The Grappler 

NWA World Jr Heavyweight Championship match 

Tiger Mask(c) vs "All Night" Norvell Austin w/"Pretty Boy" Floyd Creatchman 

Special 30 minute time limit Mid-South Louisiana Championship match 

"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin(c) vs Bob Roop w/Sir Oliver Humperdink 

Mid-South Tag Team Championship match 

The Midnight Express ("Ravishing" Randy Rose & "Lover Boy" Dennis Condry)(c) w/"Pretty Boy" Floyd Creatchman vs "Captain Redneck" Dick Murdoch & "Timekeeper" Mike George 

New Orleans Street Fight 

The Wild Samoans (Afa & Sika) w/"Big Cat" Ernie Ladd vs Black Dynamite (Thunderbolt Patterson & Tony Atlas)

Bugsy Mcgraw vs Don Diamond 

Plowboy Frazier vs Igor Volkoff

Bell time 7pm 

Mid-South Wrestling 

Superdome Extravaganza 

New Orleans Louisiana 

9/12/81

Bell time 7pm 

Plowboy Frazier defeats Igor Volkoff with a legdrop.

Bugsy Mcgraw defeats Don Diamond with a standing splash.

New Orleans Street Fight 

The Wild Samoans w/"Big Cat" Ernie Ladd defeat Black Dynamite when Ladd delivered a big boot to a chair Patterson was holding sending it into his face allowing Sika to make the cover.

The Midnight Express w/"Pretty Boy" Floyd Creatchman defeat "Captain Redneck" Dick Murdoch & "Timekeeper" Mike George with a double flapjack to George while Murdoch was busy chasing Creatchman on the outside.

Mid-South Louisiana Championship 

Mid-South Louisiana Championship. Special 30 minute time limit.

"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin defeats Bob Roop w/Sir Oliver Humperdink when Roop crashed into Humperdink while he was on the apron allowing Garvin to hit the Brainbuster for the win with less than a minute left!!

NWA World Jr Heavyweight Championship 

Tiger Mask defeats "All Night" Norvell Austin w/"Pretty Boy" Floyd Creatchman with the Tiger Driver in a fast paced match that had the fans on their feet.

Mid-South North American Championship rematch 

Mr Wrestling 2 defeats The Grappler.

A ref bump late in the match saw Super Destroyer come down. Grappler held up MW2 while Super D loaded his mask but when he went for a headbutt MW2 moved & Super D nailed Grappler! MW2 clotheslines a stunned Super D over the top rope as the referee recovers in time to count the 1..2..3!

Before the main event it was announced on the house mic that Mid-South would return to the Superdome on October 17th.

NWA World Heavyweight Championship 

Ric Flair vs Junkyard Dog 

The fans go wild as "Another one bites the dust" comes over the pa system. Flair makes a impressive entrance to "Also Sprach Zarathustra" wearing a absolutely stunning sequence robe. The introductions are made & they shake hands before the bell. The match goes as you'd expect with JYD's power based brawling contrasts brilliantly with Flair's scientific grappling. Eventually technique wins out as Flair locks in the figure four after working on JYD's leg for about 30 minutes. Give the Dog credit he held out till the last possible second. The pain finally overwhelmed him & he was unable to lift his shoulders off the matt before the ref counted to 3. Flair helped JYD to his feet after the match & the 2 shook hands again to close the show.