Money in the Bank 2021

KawadaSmile

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, MoS said:

LMAO Roman sandbagging Edge by kicking out even when there was no ref, ensuring Edge does not get a visual pin. He is finally learning how to politick properly, good for him. No more Hunter destroying his heat with full face antics as a heel 

You don't think that was planned??

Just now, Jmare007 said:

No I really don't. I might be totally wrong of course. 

This show had some good moments, but overall it felt flat and emblematic of all things strong with modern WWE. The Big E win was amazing, but the entire Charlotte-Rhea match was a headscratcher, with Charlotte working as a total face except for one spot, and the wrong person going over after making the other wrestler look like she did not belong in the ring with her. The main event was totally flat and seemed to go on for 45 minutes. I'm not complaining about watching this event cuz again, there was good stuff, and it's always nice to see Cena back, but it's the same issues that made me stop watching regularly after being a fan for almost my entire life. 

Also is it me or does Cena look really gaunt? I watched F9 recently and he looked skinny there as well. Like he has dropped at least 10-15 pounds of muscle from even a couple of years back 

1 minute ago, MoS said:

Also is it me or does Cena look really gaunt? I watched F9 recently and he looked skinny there as well. Like he has dropped at least 10-15 pounds of muscle from even a couple of years back 

He thinned out when he started doing movies, since he was looking comically larger than everyone once he wasn't surrounded by WWE bodies. 

3 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

Elaborating on this, why would it be planned if the spot was also that Roman kicked out at the last possible second when the ref did get in? I know COle acknowledged the phantom kickout, but they went all in on how "you could have counted to ten" (Cole's exact words) but there was no ref and thus Roman kicked out at the last possible second when the ref did make the ring. It's not as if he did a subsequent move to Roman in between. Why would the first kickout be quicker than the second. 

3 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

Cena's pop was the biggest since...? I remember the Hardyz getting a massive pop when they returned for a Wrestlemania a couple of years ago.

Mox at Double or Nothing 2019 right after leaving WWE is what immediately came to mind. Cena just felt a couple levels above everyone else, including Roman

1 minute ago, cm funk said:

WWE's "meta booking" should work with Cena and Reigns. 

Cena, the guy who left for Hollywood, is the babyface

Reigns, the guy who's still there and carrying Smackdown, is the heel

How long until the fans turn on Cena again?

10 years after Cena himself did that storyline with Roman's cousin! It does have some poetic symmetry to it 

1 minute ago, cm funk said:

WWE's "meta booking" should work with Cena and Reigns. 

Cena, the guy who left for Hollywood, is the babyface

Reigns, the guy who's still there and carrying Smackdown, is the heel

How long until the fans turn on Cena again?

I don't see that happening unless for some reason he beats Roman and it's all over WWE TV as Super Cena once again, I highly doubt that a realistic scenario.

1 hour ago, MoS said:

Watching Paul Heyman always begs the question" is he a genius who gets talented wrestlers over or elevate them to the next level through his craft? Or is he a clever leach who attaches himself to really talented wrestlers so he can get some plaudits by association when they do well?

Paul Heyman as a manager in WWE reminds me of Phil Jackson as a basketball coach. He’s someone that can help talent that is one step away to take that extra step. Give him someone that really isn’t that talented like a Ryback or a Curtis Axel and you aren’t going to get much. He’s not the guy that can get someone to overachieve or turn chicken shit into chicken salad, but he is the guy that can get a talent to live up to their potential. I think he could have done it with Cesaro too if they had been allowed to stay together longer. 

my main takeaways from the show was that WWE feels like a largely cold product compared to AEW.  Fort Worth and that building doesn't seem like a prime market tbf, and there were def some big reactions, but the fact that WWE felt the need to sweeten it so much (which may just be pathological now post-pandemic) while I look at a bored crowd just ugh.  it's bad enough the cognitive dissonance going on in America's "real world", I can't handle the WWE trying to live post-produce and meld the thunderdome with live crowds.  no buys

WWE is def. a more cold product than AEW, but shows like tonight prove that a (mostly) hot crowd can make even a cold product seem better. I thought the show overall was more good than bad, 'Cock problems aside (which probably wasn't anything they could control). 

Thought Usos vs Rey, Charlotte vs Rhea, Men MITB, and Roman/Edge were all real quality matches. Not really all that interested in Edge or Seth but I do like that angle finally getting a pay off so many years later. Very pleased with Big E winning MITB and it all seems like it'd fit for him to either get traded to Raw and challenge Lashley one on one (preferred) or pop up and smash him for what Lashley's been doing to Kofi and Woods as of late. Nakamura with the Boogz and white gear seems to have some swag back and that's nice to see. MITB (mens) had some of the most oh shit spots I've seen in one of those matches in ages. Roman is completely in his element with the crowds back. Felt like there was something missing with the Head of the Table deal, but now that he's back in front of crowds, he's the complete package.