Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 07/19 - 07/25 Big E vs Lashley book it now

KawadaSmile

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keith Lee losing to Bobby fucking Lashley isn't that big of a deal, IMO. If anything, it still shows they think he can hang with the top players.

Karrion Kross losing to Jeff Hardy like a goober is bad on paper, but at the same time he should never have been booked to be unbeatable. Dude never lost at NXT and was booked as a demigod, which is boring 95% of the time. Now he doesn't have to be that.

Kross being jobbed to Jeff like the dork that he is is the first WWE booking I have completely supported in forever. I can't wait to look at the photos or twitter clips and see how much this supposedly scary menacing giant of a man towers over the guy who got over being a tiny scrawny scrappy kid who was amongst the big boys

6 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Keith Lee losing to Bobby fucking Lashley isn't that big of a deal, IMO. If anything, it still shows they think he can hang with the top players.

Didn't he lose in 7-8 minutes purely as a setup for Goldberg tho. That doesn't tell me they think he can hang with the top guys. More like a solidly midcard guy like Kofi. That can change subsequently of course. He definitely has the size, and Vince will always like that

I wonder if Jeff Hardy is going down to NXT to be Kross's next feud. If not, WOOOOOOOOWWWWW, Kross is officially DOA on the main roster. And no Scarlet really kills his act.

37 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Poor Drew, carried Raw during the Thunderdome era and all he got for his effort is a feud with JInder.

It's something he wanted though.

Yeah I am not saying he was treated like a jobber. But someone with his upside should be protected more than that. I used to say this all the time here, but he is like the Incredible Hulk come to life. Just incredible charisma and presence. Making him look like a midcard guy on his comeback is absolutely not the decision I would have made. Nothing against Lashley but he can beat so many others. 

Yeah, and Nikki really wanted to be that dork ass superhero gimmick. If I'm in charge and Drew tells me he wants to feud with Jinder after being WWE champ and being in Mania main events, I'm gonna send him for a drug test because that mf'er is high on something.

5 minutes ago, MoS said:

Yeah I am not saying he was treated like a jobber. But someone with his upside should be protected more than that. I used to say this all the time here, but he is like the Incredible Hulk come to life. Just incredible charisma and presence. Making him look like a midcard guy on his comeback is absolutely not the decision I would have made. Nothing against Lashley but he can beat so many others. 

I understand your concern, bubba. But still, he's been away from action since January. I'd much rather see him be back against the top champ as a surprise than have him go up against random jobbers.

Also, Drew fucking MURKED one of Jinder's partners.

Drew and Jinder have history. Drew wanted the feud while he was champ, but Jinder got injured again. 

As for Nikki, she won Money in the Bank with the "dork ass superhero gimmick," so I'd say she's doing fine too. (Unless/until she gets Otis-ed.)

Edit: New Women's Champion. So much for sek's conspiracy theories.

Since when has fluke title reigns off fluke MitB wins helped elevate a wrestler? Are we just entirely forgetting the history of MitB? Don't get me wrong, I am happy for Nikki and I am glad she is being featured and having fun, but there is no reason she couldn't have done it without this gimmick. We can talk about Mighty Molly, but let's not forget that the shining spot of the 2000s for the women's division, when Trish, Molly Holly, Victoria, Lita, Gail Kim, Mickie James etc were there, involved Molly ditching that gimmick

4 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Edit: New Women's Champion. So muck for sek's conspiracy theories.

lol what? I never said anything about conspiracies. I just said Drew shouldn't be feuding with fucking Jinder after the year he had. I know they are best friends IRL, doesn't mean WWE should be having a top guy have any sort of meaningful feud with a guy who's basically been a jobber save the time they were trying to appeal to India.

Also great for Nikki, I'm happy she cashed in. This ASH stuff is still a dork ass gimmick and they could have still done something with her without doing this. It's like the Hurricane gimmick without the self awareness. 

I'm more interested in the Raw Women's Title than I've been in well over a year, so I'd say you're both wrong on that count.

For once, WWE has elevated a popular, fun wrestler that's easy to root for. 

Ditto for when Big E finally (we hope) wins the men's World Title.

Listen. Nikki Cross is possibly one of the most likeable, if not THE most likeable, endearing wrestler on their roster. People fucking love her and her ability to play this character with absolute honesty instead having some dire cynicism about it is Actually Good. She can be a Super Hero. Others can, too.

She just beat Charlotte, which is the most unlikeable, self serving wrestler they have (at least on kayfabe). The dynamic makes itself. 

Like, Bayley turned heel and made kids cry. Nikki taking over as the super positive, kid-friendly face is not a bad thing.