Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 07/19 - 07/25 Big E vs Lashley book it now

KawadaSmile

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Poor Xia Li. She seemed to get completely squashed by Raquel's senton bomb, was barely able to get up, and then she gets SMASHED by Raquel's finisher. Fucking sucked to see.

Looked like the wind knocked out of here by the senton, which I'm sure made the bump for her finisher suck that much more.

1 hour ago, Blehschmidt said:

I had no idea that Xia Li was only 22 years old. If she continues to progress and get better, she could be great.

That can't be true, she looks much older. Cagematch has 1988 as her birth-year and her turning 33 in a week which looks to be about what I would have guessed. Quick googling also shows the 1988 birth-year much more likely than 1998. She signed in 2016 and at that point already owned a fitness studio, something very unlikely for a 18-year-old.

4 hours ago, Strummer said:

Bayley debuted on the main roster 5 years ago today.

I guess it's hard to be too critical since they eventually got it right with her, but she could have been the female Cena in terms of appeal to kids with her old gimmick. I think she was the first (or at least one of the first) ""can't miss" NXT-to-main-roster prospect and that "Vince has grandkids, he'll get  her gimmick!".....and yet......yeah.

Toni Storm is another talent that, to me, should be can't miss... but in WWE, you just never know. WWE has a lot of talented women. A lot of beautiful women. A lot of women that are both. But they also constantly do 50/50 booking, a lot of rematches, goofy gimmicks like Alexa or Nikki, overexposure & they have Becky Lynch's return on the near horizon. So you just never know if someone will be booked into obscurity, lost in the shuffle, or if they'll bloom into something special. Of course, that's not exclusive to just the women, that's where the men are at too. At this point, it feels like having been in NXT before being called up to the main roster is more of a detriment to a talent than a positive. 

They'll probably give Toni Storm some sort of booty bump spot & a headscissors submission & call her "Thunder" Toni Storm. :lol:

5 minutes ago, MoS said:

Sasha has to return at some point too once she is done with her shooting. They will probably do a lot of Bianca-Banks rematches once she returns 

That makes sense story wise, but they have to put *someone* on Raw eventually.