Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 07/19 - 07/25 Big E vs Lashley book it now

KawadaSmile

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually quite like several things on SmackDown right now if I'm being honest. RAW is a cess pool, sadly. However, Smackdown of course has The Tribal Chief angle with Roman Reigns which I love & think is currently the best thing going in all of professional wrestling, not just WWE. I'm honestly even digging this new Baron Corbin thing too. Spaghetti out of a can. I think SummerSlam might turn out to be a pretty good show. 

I've liked Ring of Honor lately. Haven't loved most things AEW Dynamite, although their crowds make the show energetic & fun. I'm off MLW & NWA & I haven't seen New Japan in a bit. I pretty much never watch Impact. But any AEW PPV or NJPW big PPV I'm there - I'll never miss Wrestle Kingdom. Smackdown is not bad if you watch it in parts & not in one live sitting. It also helps if you're watching wrestling shows anymore by following along with social media. Watching with others really enhances the experience, not unlike popular shows when they come out on Netflix or whatever. 

I've been caught up watching old Mid South Wrestling lately though. Today before work, I watched The One Man Gang come off of the top rope, which I had never seen before, when he attacks Big Cat Ernie Ladd. Early Gang was uber greasy, lol.

I've been pretty bummed lately over the Terry Funk news & having to work so much, but I'm off the next couple of days & I plan on not doing much but watching some shows. I am planning on watching a good amount of old school wrestling this weekend, so I was pretty surprised when the stuff I was seeing from SmackDown was so entertaining to me. I did see that Zelina Vega hit Toni Storm with a Code Red, which Michael Cole then promptly called a Sunset Flip, because of course he did.

Broke-ass Baron is great, but it's hard to feel sympathy for a guy who's been portrayed as such an unrepentant dick for so long. 

Also Bix mentioned on Twitter that the "he keeps falling for obvious grifts" part of the angle comes off like it's secretly a rib on someone and he (and I) would love to know if that's the case. 

8 hours ago, sek69 said:

Also Bix mentioned on Twitter that the "he keeps falling for obvious grifts" part of the angle comes off like it's secretly a rib on someone and he (and I) would love to know if that's the case. 

Drake Wuertz?

23 hours ago, sek69 said:

Broke-ass Baron is great, but it's hard to feel sympathy for a guy who's been portrayed as such an unrepentant dick for so long. 

I don't even think the idea (so far) is to feel sympathy for him. It's more like "hey look at this dude being the butt of many jokes and being shot in the dick"

The interesting thing to me is how Corbin's delivery and performances with this angle is so much better than the absolutely dreadful terrible dogshit promos he had been cutting from the Constable Corbin through King Corbin trash. Not like they're master classes in promos or anything, but compared to how terrible and whiny and lame and bad all of his promos had been for the past 3 years, this particular angle has him doing promos that should be whiny bullshit but he comes off pretty earnest and natural.