Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 07/26 - 08/01 The Olympic Games are a wonderful event

KawadaSmile

Beating them repeatedly like a drum is sadly the only way WWE knows how to book top faces they are trying to elevate. Loss made that point a few days ago

It's frustrating because while kids love cartoon characters, kids also love winners. Kids don't like deluded losers who think they are winners. Hopefully Nikki isn't beaten again and again. I hate this character but I have seen her promos and she is genuinely working so hard to get it over and she has great delivery and is so likeable and charismatic. It's just that her gimmick is such that the chances are that she would keep getting beaten again and again while retaining that title through flukes

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, SirEdger said:

If I saw correctly, it seemed to have happened when Nattie & Doudrop did that rolling spot. I don't know if it's because Nattie rolled awkwardly during the spot but that's the only moment I can think of where it happened because right after that, they seemingly called the audible with Tamina working the rest of the match.

Apparently she rolled her ankle during that spot, and it was bad enough that she couldn't even put weight on it when she was being helped out. 

Obviously Tamina isn't the greatest wrestler, but props to her for holding it together.

Tamina was actually alright. Certainly prevented the match from turning into a disaster, which is not a worthless skill.

Also, Reggie vs R-Truth is doing #numbers on the YouTube. Reggie needs some development as an on-screen character but he is a very likeable, relatable man (I mean he just wants some loving) that is dressed in nice clothes and doing absurd flips.

1 hour ago, MoS said:

Beating them repeatedly like a drum is sadly the only way WWE knows how to book top faces they are trying to elevate. Loss made that point a few days ago

It's frustrating because while kids love cartoon characters, kids also love winners. Kids don't like deluded losers who think they are winners. Hopefully Nikki isn't beaten again and again. I hate this character but I have seen her promos and she is genuinely working so hard to get it over and she has great delivery and is so likeable and charismatic. It's just that her gimmick is such that the chances are that she would keep getting beaten again and again while retaining that title through flukes

Meltzer said on WOR that Nikki was booed at the house shows over the weekend. See if it spills over to tv

14 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

So far at least on their TV shows, she seems pretty damn over. But if you book her to fail just so Charlotte can pose and bring nothing else in return, then it's obvious she's not going to remain over.

That, and also I noticed she gets a good reaction because she's so bright and bubbly, but once she starts talking about superheroes and butterflies she loses the crowd. 

Yeah if they book Nikki competently, the dynamic with Charlotte would actually be great because she is so likeable and Charlotte is the most unlikeable person on the roster. Charlotte's record is what is it however.

Man, I am so glad Joe is wrestling again. He is just the coolest. I honestly think he should beat Kross and become the NXT champ. He will revitalize an ice cold brand and if the purpose of NXT is to get wrestlers ready for the main roster, surely the best way for that is to have them work with the champ who has been a main eventer on the main roster. Apparently if had Jeff Hardy not got covid, Kross was going to lose again. So it's not as if being NXT champ matters at all on the main roster

2 hours ago, C.S. said:

As someone who thought Joe's previous NXT Title reigns were a colossal bore, even I'm rooting for him to squash Kross and regain the Championship.

A program of Joe smashing his way through NXT would be the most exciting thing they've done in years.

13 hours ago, sek69 said:

A program of Joe smashing his way through NXT would be the most exciting thing they've done in years.

The official NXT account on Facebook just posted a pic of Keith Lee holding both NXT singles titles next to Triple H.

God, I would love a Samoa Joe-Keith Lee program. 

That would be the most exciting thing NXT has done in years!

I'm salivating just thinking about it.

Funny thing is, the official NXT account posting that picture could be seen as someone being passive-aggressive after Lee was chumped out on Raw (again). 

Also from the tone of his recent tweets, Lee sounds like a dude at the end of his rope and looking for an exit strategy. 

11 hours ago, Dale Wolfe said:

Well that's pretty embarrassing isn't it

If they let Keith Lee go it seems like maybe the worst waste of charisma I've saw in a while. I know he's not the standard WWE shape etc but he's definitely got "it," I think, but he must want to go. He sounds depressed

I thought it was going to be health related but then he just showed up on TV again. I thought maybe he was injured. Then I thought maybe it was something CoVid related but didn't it come out that it wasn't that? I remember hearing about him being sent back down to NXT to "learn how to work" or something too, or at least it was speculated to be him? Due to not working like a big guy & it pisses Vince off or something.

There's a lot of question marks around Keith Lee in WWE. Certainly after interacting with both Brock at the Rumble & Roman Reigns they saw SOMETHING in him. I have no idea why they seemingly did a 180 on him.

Some of the shit he can do is amazing. A man his size just doing a leap frog was some next level shit. And yeah, maybe you don't need him doing all that stuff every week in every match... but he's never going to work like One Man Gang in 1989, so I don't know what the fuck.

I think it started out health related, pretty sure he had to quarantine when Mia Yim ended up getting covid. After that it seems like a combo of Vince not getting why he doesn't work like Big Show and the usual loss of interest he tends to have for most people after a couple of weeks.

ONE Championship is undergoing a big push at the US Market, are trying to sign Stipe, and just had their ruleset approved in Colorado

https://combatsportslaw.com/2021/07/22/one-championship-and-knees-to-grounded-opponents-coming-to-colorado/

Quite clear that they don't test in the same way as USADA rules if you take a close look at the Asian cards 

So that would be my bet