Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - July 28, 2021 - Fight for the Fallen

MoS

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE JUICE IS LOOSE!!! (Also how is it just been 15 years MJF?) 

That main event was certainly a spectacle. Credit to Jericho, he clearly got his feelings hurt about his big Blood and Guts bump being mocked, so he killed himself to get the match over, and I thought it worked. I have a lot of questions and second guesses about some booking decisions tonight, but despite all of that, AEW just feels like a red-hot promotion right now. One week, Nick Gage shows up. Net week, Juventud will show up. Another week, Hiroshi Tanahashi might show up. Today Meng was there. Punk and Danielson are coming. It's just a hot promotion, even if I question some of its storytelling 

I think a lot of the storytelling issues are BECAUSE they all of a sudden have a lot of hot talent at their disposal and they don’t really know what to do. I mean, Bryan/Omega is obviously the match, but they also have to pay off Hangman and now he’s getting pushed out of the picture. 

Things happened extremely quickly and I think they had their plans post-COVID blown up when both Bryan and Punk showed interest. Now Moxley is most likely facing Okada, which probably wasn’t in the cards until a few weeks ago either. 

3 minutes ago, Timbo Slice said:

Now Moxley is most likely facing Okada, which probably wasn’t in the cards until a few weeks ago either. 

Dave was very clear that this is the kind of match to expect when the forbidden door was open, the only thing preventing it was the travel restrictions to and from Japan. 

My hope was actually Moxley/Gage in a Deathmatch to play off the Dark Side doc and the pizza cutter, which came into play tonight, but I don’t know how good a Moxley/Okada match would actually be. Okada is broken down something fierce, but I also wonder if maybe what’s been happening in New Japan over the last 18 months or so has sapped him of his interest a bit? Maybe this is to get him motivated?

Does Bryan-Omega or Punk-Omega need the world title? In fact, if there is no world title on the line, it means that Omega can actually lose and Bryan and Punk don't lose their first major match back. Booking them just to pop one big gate or for one major show instead of trusting their process and letting the big stars fit in and enhance their product doesn't seem far-sighted imo. It is, dare I say, what WCW used to do

I've been going on an early ECW bender since most of it is up on the 'Cock now, and I just watched Rey and Juvi have a match from like 94 or 95 and now in 2021 both will be on opposing national promotions.

I still am wondering if 2021 is just a mass hallucination from everyone being cooped up for most of 2020. 

Well, it was clear to me who was carrying whose sorry ass in that GCW main event. I don't have an issue with Gage being a former bank robber but as a fundamental worker he's painful to watch (and I'm not talking about the gore, I mean like how his sorry ass apparently doesn't even know how to execute running the ropes).

Watching the 10 man tag right now.... You remember those Mr. Perfect vignettes? They left you thinking "that guy can do anything he wants athletically to anybody". The Space Jam tie in had the exact opposite affect. I watched The Young Bucks and Omega trying to dribble a basketball and came away with the conclusion that they probably got stuffed in a locker more than once.