WWE TV 08/02 - 08/08 Olympic Wrestling is dope

KawadaSmile

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Bronson Reed has been released what the fuck 

Most baffling decision of the recent round of releases, for me, by far.

People say Bobby Fish, but no - 1. He's old. 2. He's as "indie" as they come. 3. He wouldn't have made any kind of dent on the main roster as anything other than "the other guy" in a tag team or the fourth wheel in a stable. (Basically, just like his fellow Bobby - Bobby Roode - but with even less upside.)

14 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Amazing how redDragon had so much buzz as a top tag team when they went to NXT, and then the only thing they did with them was to be the Tully & Arn to Adam Cole's Ric Flair. 

Not seeing how that's a bad thing. Arn and Tully were one of the best teams ever, whereas no one outside the ROH bubble knows what a redDragon is. They only wish they could be spoken about in the same breath as Arn and Tully.

With Wyatt and Braun released, I'm not surprised anyone from NXT is seen as expendable, especially someone like Bronson Reed. They haven't used a wrestler with his size or look for over a decade now aside from maybe a couple months (for comedy usually). Otis, Tyrus (who was 6'9 too!), there was also that Bull Dempsey guy in NXT for awhile too. I'll be shocked if they really do anything with Keith Lee.

I've never "got" Cole and find it absolutely incredible that Vince is supposedly working hard to re-sign him or that, if he doesn't re-sign with WWE, that AEW would be interested. He's just one of those guys where I really struggle to see any upside aside from being a "good hand" and maybe a slightly above-average promo. Seems like a good dude and all and I'm glad he's found success, but I just don't see him as anything close to a top guy. Hell, I don't even see him as an IC/US champion-level guy. Just way too small, no unique style or character in any way I can see, his success in NXT more based on him being an indie/Bullet Club guy wrestling in front of audience that already held him in high regard rather than him actually doing anything special. 

I get the impression Cole has more of a chance than people realize since apparently HBK is really high on him, something like he thinks Cole is this era's version of himself.  Vince has always had an unexplainable soft spot for Shawn so he might give a guy he's lobbying for more of a chance than he normally would. 

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

I get the impression Cole has more of a chance than people realize since apparently HBK is really high on him, something like he thinks Cole is this era's version of himself. 

I actually think this is the biggest knock against Adam Cole.

On 8/6/2021 at 10:27 PM, sek69 said:

Normally when WWE keeps someone's status hush-hush like that it's usually a sign they've had a concussion, but it doesn't look like Randy had any matches where that could have happened. 

If this was 2011 you'd think of the Wellness policy. This Monday will be 7 weeks off TV.

4 hours ago, sek69 said:

I get the impression Cole has more of a chance than people realize since apparently HBK is really high on him, something like he thinks Cole is this era's version of himself.  Vince has always had an unexplainable soft spot for Shawn so he might give a guy he's lobbying for more of a chance than he normally would. 

It is a bunch of things with Cole. A lot of the above. And he doesn't want to step on Britt's shine or be an add on member to the ELITE.

Personally more interested in if gets to keep his beloved Twitch channel than his WWE pay and push!