Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
KawadaSmile

WWE TV 08/02 - 08/08 Olympic Wrestling is dope

Bryan Alvarez and Lance Storm had an entire segment of their radio show dedicated to whether, no joke, professional wrestling can be in the Olympics, with judges to rate and score different matches from different styles. Apparently people had asked them this?!?! What kind of fan is going about thinking "Boy would I love it if pro wrestling was in the Olympics!!"

I would love the spectacle of someone like the Fiend in a greco-roman wrestling match. But pro wrestling as an Olympic artform? Hell no. 

21 minutes ago, Al said:

I would love the spectacle of someone like the Fiend in a greco-roman wrestling match. But pro wrestling as an Olympic artform? Hell no. 

I'm picturing Wyatt in a singlet, and that mask with headgear over top of it and that would be amazing.

Mijain Lopez going for a throw and the Fiend putting on the mandible claw and laughing like a maniac with red lights in the background 

"It appears the Fiend has won, now we cut to men's water polo to watch Team USA in a nail biting climax!!"

I hope the sold out Chicago crowd drowns Nikki A.S.H.'s wrestlecrap gimmick out of the building. I don't care if Nikki came up with it herself. I don't care if Nikki is a great person off screen. The shit sucks & when shit sucks it should be booed. See also: Alexa Bliss. I don't care how attractive she is.

I fully expect Goldberg to be trolled with "WHAT!?" chants as well. 

32 minutes ago, Coffey said:

I hope the sold out Chicago crowd drowns Nikki A.S.H.'s wrestlecrap gimmick out of the building. I don't care if Nikki came up with it herself. I don't care if Nikki is a great person off screen. The shit sucks & when shit sucks it should be booed. See also: Alexa Bliss. I don't care how attractive she is.

You must be a riot at parties.

The Nikki Cross thing just seems like a harmless mid card comedy character not unlike The Hurricane. From what I've seen, by far the most annoying part of it is the announcers insisting on saying "A.S.H" after her name every single time. 

54 minutes ago, Coffey said:

Out of curiosity...why are you still watching, then? There are so many great alternatives out there to WWE. Don't torture yourself if it doesn't appeal to you anymore.

30 minutes ago, strobogo said:

The Nikki Cross thing just seems like a harmless mid card comedy character not unlike The Hurricane. From what I've seen, by far the most annoying part of it is the announcers insisting on saying "A.S.H" after her name every single time. 

She's the Raw women's champion.

12 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

She's the Raw women's champion.

and won Money in the Bank & is in the women's title match at SummerSlam. 

11 minutes ago, strobogo said:

Sounds like she's still booked as a mid card comedy character and having the title is part of the Charlotte/Rhea story, not hers

That's my main problem, she's just filler in other's stories. 

Charlotte annoys me, but she's good at shutting down the crowd when they try to hijack her segments.

Poor Drew. I actually am not as big a fan of his as others I know, but he definitely deserves better than this

Doudrop looks like she's dangerously close to having a wardrobe malfunction every time she has a match. 

WWE really trying to compete with a hot competitor with Goldberg out here like the overaggressive dad at a little league game.

Goldberg and his son v. Taz and HOOK has to happen somehow. The universe demands it

Am I crazy or is history repeating itself & WWE constantly making the same mistakes that they used to lambast dying days WCW for? The awful characters, shitty promos, production gaffes, talent in shambles, using stars from yesterday, etc.

It's like I'm taking crazy pills.

There is a whiff of 2000s WCW to this, yes. WCW was so terrible in new and inventive ways it's been held as this unattainable level of bad no one else will ever obtain. 

And yet.

I love how the original plan for Kross was to have him keep losing until Scarlett shows up, but then Jeff Hardy got rona-rated and they put him with the one other guy on the roster who got mishandled worse than he did. 

They sold out the building in one of the hottest, most passionate wrestling cities in the world....and book a show filled with rematches from last week, with 50/50 booking lol