Pro Wrestling Only

R.I.P. "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton

C.S.

9 minutes ago, Sweet Brown Koko said:

Midnights vs Windham/Garvin led to the fireball angle. It was a hot angle (No pun intended) before but that angle took it to another level. Crowds wanted to KILL Cornette and the Midnights.

It also led to the only retake in the history of TBS studio wrestling when Cornette said Garvin's face "went up like the Challenger." Dusty summoned him to the control room and told him to do it again without talking about the Challenger.

Anyway, the more things change...

9 hours ago, Ricky Jackson said:

I've mentioned this several times over the years--I would love to see some of the Savage vs Eaton matches from the late 70s. Apparently they worked 60 and 90 minute Broadway's.

Great info on Eaton's early career 

That's one of the amazing things about Eaton to me. We know he's a great worker, possibly the greatest tag worker of all time, and we only have half of his career on tape.

13 hours ago, Coffey said:

The next Jim Cornette podcast is going to be must-listen for me. Like Phil mentioned above, love him or hate him, there's no question how much Eaton meant to Cornette, so I foresee a really somber & sad show but with some great stories & reminiscing.

I just saw that the tentative plan is for Cornette to record a special episode of his "Jim Cornette Experience" podcast tomorrow morning, dedicated to Bobby Eaton.  That means it will likely be released late tomorrow night, or Sunday.  That's assuming Cornette is able to record the show, which it is possible he won't.  Anybody who has ever listened to him talk about Bobby Eaton knows how much Cornette loved him, and I am sure he is going to have a hell of a time getting through recording that show without breaking down and losing it.

13 hours ago, Coffey said:

Would be such a Bobby Eaton thing if some how in his passing, it brought Cornette back to speaking terms with people like Meltzer again.

I don't want to befoul the Bobby Eaton thread with talk of the Cornette/Meltzer relationship, but suffice it to say that based on recent events and more details Cornette disclosed about the end of his friendship with Meltzer recently, that relationship is pretty much irreparable.  And if you believe Cornette's side of things (which in this case, I do) I don't lay the blame for that at the feet of Jim Cornette, for once.  If anything, I think it's more likely that Meltzer is going to end up saying or doing something that makes the rift even wider.

7 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

I don't want to befoul the Bobby Eaton thread with talk of the Cornette/Meltzer relationship, but suffice it to say that based on recent events and more details Cornette disclosed about the end of his friendship with Meltzer recently, that relationship is pretty much irreparable.  And if you believe Cornette's side of things (which in this case, I do) I don't lay the blame for that at the feet of Jim Cornette, for once.  If anything, I think it's more likely that Meltzer is going to end up saying or doing something that makes the rift even wider.

Can you post the details in the Cornette podcast thread or create a new thread?

I started listening to the Cornette tribute pod, and quickly realised I was going to have to pace myself with it or I'll be a big sobbing mess in no time. I'm going to finish it, because I've heard it's got a bunch of fun stories in it, but the opening 10 minutes were Cornette like I've never heard him before, and it was incredibly visceral and sad. I felt so bad for him.

The beginning was really tough and the end was heartbreaking as well. Cornette does get in a groove during the middle portion and tells some great Bobby stories while walking through his career.

Very sad and raw podcast but I enjoyed listening to Cornette reminiscing about his friend who you can tell he clearly loves and misses.