Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 08/16 - 08/22 avoiding political topics much like [REDACTED] avoided responsibility

KawadaSmile

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

Waiting for this banger to happen myself.

Joe kills Kross to win the NXT title, and when Vince finally decides to mercy-kill NXT UK they can have a title unification match where they just slap the shit out of each other for 20 minutes,

BOOK IT, PAUL!

It is a bit weird how he was fired out of the blue in one of their rounds of cuts, but then was brought back even as more wrestlers got released, and is now challenging for the NXT title. Regardless, I think most of us want him to win the title from Kross

Like The Rock, I don't think so.

But truth be told, some of Punk's programs were just fucking unbelievable. Really out of the box, amazing stuff. MitB 2011 is still one of my all time favorite matches and it's in great part because of Punk.

However at the same time he did say stuff that ended up lighting a fire under the asses of a very vocal crowd who were very anti-Roman, so... There's some history there. Even then, the actual comparisons Reigns made were very soft. Yeah, not moving the needle like The Rock, big fucking deal.

Rock didn't really make a difference for the Survivor Series buyrate either. He is obviously a mega-star, but it is very very difficult to be a difference-maker when you are not in WrestleMania season. WWE fucked Punk when they had him return in three weeks to help get Hunter over as an authority figure; Summer of Punk ended with HHH v. Nash. He won the title, but they made sure hr would never mean anything as much as he could have. 

As I said in the other thread though, I don't care if he takes shots at Punk. He is WWE's top guy, and a heel who couldn't succeed as a babyface ace partly because there were resentful Punk and Bryan fans who kept booing him, and partly because they fucked his booking so bad. Plus, Punk did Roman no favours when he made that snarky "Make sure you make Roman look really REALLY good" dig on Cabana's podcast. Him saying what he said about Punk makes all the sense in the world on multiple levels. 

It is interesting that no one compares Punk as a draw to any current full-time wrestler. Even WWE know that while Punk never became a Cena-level draw, no one else has become one either, because no one else has been put in a position to become so. Punk can at least claim to be the first amongst the equals below Cena's level, and the 2nd biggest WWE star of the 2010s. 

29 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Not all is just bad unfunny takes, we have bad and hilarious takes like this.

Dude waited 10 years for the clapback there are no words

HAHAHAHAHAHA he called The fucking Rock a mark this is incredible like he just wanted to get abused

8 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

To this day, people chant for CM Punk at WWE shows. Nobody chants for Roman Reigns at AEW events.

On the other hand, Cody cut a promo on him for no reason at all. It's not like he's ignored either.

But it's like bubba @MoSsaid on his post above. It makes all the sense and was really blown out of proportion.

On that note, who said that the original plans for the Shield included Chris Hero, only for him to get replaced by Reigns?

1 minute ago, MoS said:

Punk said on Colt's podcast that he pitched for Chris Hero to be the third guy in the Shield only to be told WWE wanted Roman in that spot, but I don't know if anyone else verified it.

Pretty sure Dave confirmed at some point that the Shield was Punk's idea but it was Ambrose, Rollins, and Hero. They put Roman in and (per Punk) anyone who was in the ring with the Shield was told their role was to make Roman look as good as possible. 

Roman certainly has all the rights to feel a certain kind of way about Punk, but him going off like that just comes off as someone trying to convince everyone that they are definitely Not Mad at someone. 

Plus it makes Tony Khan look smart, why pay to hype up Punk's return when you can get the top star of your competitor to do it for you?

1 minute ago, sek69 said:

Roman certainly has all the rights to feel a certain kind of way about Punk, but him going off like that just comes off as someone trying to convince everyone that they are definitely Not Mad at someone. 

Plus it makes Tony Khan look smart, why pay to hype up Punk's return when you can get the top star of your competitor to do it for you?

I mean, is saying "you don't move the needle as much as the #2 of the business biggest boom period" even a slight at all? Besides, the question as framed by Ariel was related to part timers and specifically addressed Punk. Not a "shot" outta nowhere.

And hey, people have been stoked for Punk's return for quite a while even before that. No need for promotion if they already have a full house regardless. Phil could no show and they'd still have the venue sold-out.

6 hours ago, MoS said:

Punk said on Colt's podcast that he pitched for Chris Hero to be the third guy in the Shield only to be told WWE wanted Roman in that spot, but I don't know if anyone else verified it.

The Hero stans here can’t stand it, but The Shield would have been dead in six months if he had been a part of it. Like it or not, Vince having his eyes on the prize with Roman was what kept that faction so strong for so long. 

Meanwhile, Hero had two stints in NXT and both went nowhere. He never even made it to the main roster.

People have argued that he wanted to be a player/coach in his second stint. Wanted? I doubt it. Probably more like he made peace with that being his spot and lot in life.

Nobody wants to never be on Raw/Smackdown and never have a match at WrestleMania.

I don't think anyone would deny that. The reason the Shield was kept strong was because of Vince's Big Dog Boner. Hell, the reason WWE Shaky Cam exists to the extent it does is because they originally started doing it to cover when Roman was green.