Stiva

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, MoS said:

I wish they could have chosen a better team to take the fall than the jobberest of AEW jobbers though. Also Gunn Club v. Nightmare Family seriously? Why is QT featured more on TV than actual stars and most women they have. 

Because Paul Wight is going to be on commentary! 

Doesn't that make you more excited?

Yeah, me either....

1 hour ago, MoS said:

I wish they could have chosen a better team to take the fall than the jobberest of AEW jobbers though. Also Gunn Club v. Nightmare Family seriously? Why is QT featured more on TV than actual stars and most women they have. 

QT has had a combined like 5 minutes of TV time since he lost to Cody lol

The production footage at the end is insane.

Also, it's so neat from AEW to dig some old IWA Winnipeg footage to build the Christian Cage vs Kenny Omega match. Of course the story is pro-wrestling bullshit, but it's neat nonetheless that they are tying up the whole story with actual stuff from 25 years ago that actually happened in an indy promotion in Canada. The Callis footage from back then is quite the visual too ! Funny how I was a fan of Callis when he was the Jackyl in WWF and thought he would be like this main event evil manager back then, and here we are in 2021 and he is this all-time great promo heel manager alongside the greatest workers of this generation (and all, yes sir) in the hottest promotion in, well, 25 years more or less.

I was pretty burned out on Callis after ECW and the TNA runs but he's been perfect in this role

I'm enjoying them slowly building more trios and putting them in matches to get people used to it before they introduce trios titles.  Very much borrowed from lucha and NJPW but it's tried and true.  Mox/Kingston/Darby vs. literally any team is going to be worth watching, and I happen to enjoy those dorks as well.  I'm fine with showcase matches like this, and as long as they keep the comedy spots to a minimum they're great at eating offense and stooging

Anyone got an official list of established AEW trios?  I haven't been watching a lot of Dark lately but it feels like they have enough for a 16 team tourny with all the factions and singles guys they can put together.  Mox/Kingston/Darby is such a Chikara KOT team, they just need a badass name now

And if they do it, and I'm booking.....it's Garcia/2.0 over