Pro Wrestling Only

Summerslam 2021

KawadaSmile

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Brock is here for Roman then the Rock isn't planning on being at WM I would think.  Brock being used a feeder for anything is not happening.   Which was the main reason I thought that they didn't punish Jimmy Uso for his DUI

And Brock suplexed Cena over and over again off air so clearly Cena was a one and done

Just now, hammerva said:

If Brock is here for Roman then the Rock isn't planning on being at WM I would think.  Which was the main reason I thought that they didn't punish Jimmy Uso for his DUI

I get the impression Roman was the reason about that. 

Just now, Jmare007 said:

I don't know last couple of matches we've gotten like 20 spears and 16 F-5. I hope it's not that again .

Back then they were still weird about actually giving Roman a decisive win. WM34 was just bleak, Greatest Royal Rumble had a fuck finish, and Summerslam 2018, while being nice, still had Braun Strowman interference.

If they decide to have a no-bullshit match, it's gonna be great.

The kids had a great time watching the show, and so did the adults. We're getting ready for the card tomorrow in Denver .We're taking the kids to the WWE Supershow  tomorrow, and I know it's gonna be a blast. My nephew's first show was four years ago and he barely remembers it. The neighbor kids have never been to a wrestling show and they're all super excited. Summerslam gets a thumbs up here, cause we all had a fun night of BBQ and wrestling.

8 hours ago, Matt D said:

It’s not about Becky or Bianca fans. It’s about fans who are going to turn on the company for pulling this again. They’re going to turn on whatever WWE will try to feed them.

I'm not even a huge Bianca fan but I fucking hate having my time wasted. What do you even do with her going forward? You spent months building her up just to cut her off at the knees. That match is the exact reason I learned to never invest in anyone in WWE. 

Edge/Rollins absolutely fucking sucked and all the people involved who thought it needed to be a long "we're telling a story" epic all up and down the line from agents to the wrestlers to Vince should be cut immediately. This is a match that only called for a hateful, brutal brawl and they're out here doing "we have to reference every period in our careers because this is IMPORTANT" bullshit instead of the two just trying to kill each other. Just completely the wrong match for the guys and feud and the crowd seemed to be pretty bleh on it, too. 

Lashley/Goldberg also sucked but that wasn't unexpected in the least. This shit with Goldberg has to be some kind of rib to use him as some special attraction jobber. But also the dude seems to come in with and/or leave every match he's been in since 2016 with an injury because his body can't sustain what it takes to be Goldberg in his mid 50s. 

Cena/Roman was the proper way to do a WWE epic and the crowd was about 300% more into it than they were Edge/Rollins. The thing that really makes Roman stand out is that WWE has more or less had some kind of unspoken rule to not play to the crowd out all, and he's the only guy that's been able to or allowed to in so long that it feels like some kind of revelatory idea. It's real great that he wins clean, again after so many years of heel champs always cheating to win even against lower card guys, even when they dominate them. It feels like they just kind of lucked into a "hey what if we do all these things with Roman that we haven't let anyone do for 20 years". 

This is such an unsatisfying company lmao. I really don't know how the people who watch weekly do it. Just sell off the archive  to people who actually give a shit about wrestling and wrestling fans.

I was flabbergasted at the Becky return angle and the Bianca squash. Whenever they’re booked into a corner, they seem to think that the right move is to burrow even further and take the most damaging way out possible. It’s like they’re booking a Rube Goldberg machine

So reading between the lines Sasha either picked up a knock or tested positive for the rona 8/9 days ago. The company's so insular that rather than just coming out and saying it, as UFC/AEW have done, they then misrepresent the show for another week, im guessing waiting for either a decent doctors result or a negative test? Neither would happen, everyone knows it

Why not just have the replacement fight Belair, Belair wins, Becky comes out afterward? The booking is so fucking poor and backwards it beggars belief

In this time, if she was pregnant, you'd think they'd just announce it and shoot an angle with Bianca/Becky/Carmella and any normal person would be understanding.

Now, if she's got COVID and is out doing urine therapy in Sedona or something, that's slightly harder for WWE to come clean about.