Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 8/23-8/29 Will The Last One to Leave WWE Turn off the Lights?

sek69

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Roman, Sasha, Becky, Brock (and really,  even Cena) exclusively on Smackdown now, is this the first time Raw has been the genuine B-show? There were times when you could say Smackdown was 1A, but Raw was always the flagship show. Even when Cena and Hunter were drafted to SD years back, Raw was still the A-show. But it feels different now. I mean no disrespect to Lashley and Drew, but that star power is not close to comparable. SD is on a different level.

WWE kind of painted themselves in a corner with their TV partners. They were so thirsty to be back on network TV that they were annoying their long time cable partners, and when they try to appease them they upset Fox because they didn't spend a billion dollars to have the B show. A sane person probably could have figured out a way to make both sides relatively happy, but Vince lives in a world where he can only pay attention to one show at a time. 

I can't say it's the wrong decision by WWE. The Fox deal is massive for them and gets them on network TV. NBC/Universal are getting their Network business and WWE said this Summerslam was watched by more people than in the last two years, so Universal can't complain too much

Yup, the situation in question is hardly one you can say "oh shit WWE is fucked" because they are absolutely going to get ridiculous deals down the line.

Plus, with Becky and Brock on SD, I doubt they'll keep Sasha there. She'll probably go to RAW - and possibly do what Charlotte is unwilling to do, which is put over other people.

Yeah it's not a "WWE is fucked" situation, they just are trying to please both masters at the same time which is made harder by being run by an old man with the attention span of a 5 year old with ADHD. 

Any other company in the world would love to have the problem of juggling multiple billion dollar TV deals, it's just that you know WWE is going to find some way to bungle that's what they do now. 

I imagine since Fox was the latter deal signed they had to make explicit promises they didn't have to make when they signed the USA deal. It all makes me wonder how much input the networks have on the day to day operation of the shows.