Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - August 25, 2021

Timbo Slice

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am curious if they'll ever get A.J. Lee to at least make a cameo now that they brought in C.M. Punk. I mean, it couldn't hurt, right?

I don't think AEW focuses enough on their women's division. When people have been talking about who could go to AEW, they hardly ever mention women. Outside of the casual Charlotte Flair & Sasha Banks fantasy jump or whatever. But before C.M. Punk showed up, I would argue that Britt Baker was the most over person on the entire roster... and she doesn't exactly have a lot of people to work with. 

There's no reason why we can't have Hikaru Shida or Tay Conti in featured matches instead of Bruti Marshall v. Gunn Club. Britt got over because she was consistently given time and opportunity and she obviously knocked it out of the park. She wasn't an immediate ratings mover but as more and more fans saw how great she is, she became one. It's only fiar to let other women also have opportunities like that.  

5 minutes ago, MoS said:

There's no reason why we can't have Hikaru Shida or Tay Conti in featured matches instead of Bruti Marshall v. Gunn Club. Britt got over because she was consistently given time and opportunity and she obviously knocked it out of the park. She wasn't an immediate ratings mover but as more and more fans saw how great she is, she became one. It's only fiar to let other women also have opportunities like that.  

When Riho was around, I recall her moving the needle quite a bit herself as well. Plus they have Thunder Rosa & Serena Deeb whom are both pretty solid workers. So they have talent, for sure. Instead we get Nightmare Factory & Elite doing goofy comedy skits. 

1 hour ago, Coffey said:

I am curious if they'll ever get A.J. Lee to at least make a cameo now that they brought in C.M. Punk. I mean, it couldn't hurt, right?

I don't think AEW focuses enough on their women's division. When people have been talking about who could go to AEW, they hardly ever mention women. Outside of the casual Charlotte Flair & Sasha Banks fantasy jump or whatever. But before C.M. Punk showed up, I would argue that Britt Baker was the most over person on the entire roster... and she doesn't exactly have a lot of people to work with. 

I can see her being involved in a storyline possibly but not wrestling unless it’s a mixed tag type of match. 

12 minutes ago, MoS said:

If you are going to sell this as a hate-filled grudge match going back 20 years, then maybe you shouldn't crack corny jokes referencing Christian's best friend

You mean Kenny Omega can't resist the urge to be a huge fucking geek? I'm shocked.

Hear the ShowGunns reformed and tuned right in time for the main event.