Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 08/30 - 09/05 Paralympic Games rock

KawadaSmile

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess now it's bad to point out that Nia is a sloppy mess that hurts people and nearly got into a shoot fight on live TV and doing so makes you a misogynist ? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Surely people would have the same reaction if a match with two dudes broke down like this? 

19 minutes ago, sek69 said:
I guess now it's bad to point out that Nia is a sloppy mess that hurts people and nearly got into a shoot fight on live TV and doing so makes you a misogynist ? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Surely people would have the same reaction if a match with two dudes broke down like this? 

Basic AW trying to get Internet Cookie Points by being Da Wokest (see also : "bouh AEW racist, no colored people in main events bouhouh"). Why even post usual Twitter garbage like this to begin with (the point would be why even look at Twitter to begin with, it's the sewer of humanity really) ? 

Nia is complete trash, has been pretty much since the beginning, her track record speaks for itself. The clip is hilarious. Well, except the spot where she almost drops Charlotte on her head. Where is Yumiko Hotta when we need her ?

Like of all people to cape for to get internet points, Nia Jax though? It seems like a lot of people are taking Dave's report of it being an attempt at a worked shoot at face value, which, ok whatever, but that doesn't explain Nia dropping Charlotte like a sack of potatoes on multiple occasions.

"BUT SHE'S JUST WORKING STIFF!!" Motherfucker, WALTER works stiff and as far as I know he's never hurt anyone outside of turning people's chest skin into hamburger meat. 

These people are just douchebags. I'm surprised this idiot did not play the racist card to boot. Someone should point to this dumbfuck that Aja Kong worked stiff, watch her destroy Hotta's hand, that Awesome Kong worked stiff, watch her pulverize Gail Kim. Both were great workers. Nia Jaxx is a shitty and dangerous worker, always has been and really only became worse. She peaked at Eagle Sawaii's level (faint praise) and is sub-Crusher Maedomari's level now.

A big part of what makes Kenny Omega so great in the ring is he can match anyone's style in the world and have the best possible match that opponent could have. Sasha seems to have that trait as well. She's been so many other people's best match at this point it's crazy. 

Two interesting developments today:

1. Bryan said on the WOL show that numerous people from within WWE contacted him and said Nia/Charlotte was what it looked like, they got mad at each other and got uncooperative with each other until cooler heads prevailed and they finished working the match.

2. Asuka posted a photo of her at the dentist announcing she finally got the teeth replaced she got knocked out a while back, while rocking a big ass arm sling/brace combo. So I suppose that explains why she's been AWOL. 

5 hours ago, El-P said:

These people are just douchebags. I'm surprised this idiot did not play the racist card to boot. Someone should point to this dumbfuck that Aja Kong worked stiff, watch her destroy Hotta's hand, that Awesome Kong worked stiff, watch her pulverize Gail Kim. Both were great workers. Nia Jaxx is a shitty and dangerous worker, always has been and really only became worse. She peaked at Eagle Sawaii's level (faint praise) and is sub-Crusher Maedomari's level now.

I will point out that there's working stiff and just kicking people in the head, I love AJW  but it was never safe stiff. I do wonder if there will be a higher cases of alzheimer's for the AJW women because of the style they worked. 

But yeah, Jaxx does need sacking or sent back to the development school. But if sacked I'm guessing AEW pick her up, so that's not the best choice.

If working stiff means both workers look badass and dangerous, then sure. Here, they both looked kind of foolish, awkward and hesitant, and as if they didn't belong in the ring. Some sequences felt like bush league backyard indy stuff. I don't think the initial back body drop was that bad, but it led to everything spiraling and by the time they were slapping each other and that weird ass takedown attempt where Charlotte just clung to the ropes..it was a complete mess. I am not sure what they expected, given the history of Jax and Charlotte. Is there any surprise that Becky decided to go to Smackdown? Look at the workers and gimmicks she would have to contend with on Raw. 

Fully agreed with @MoS

I love stiff, uncooperative looking wrestling. Whether that's their angle or they had legit issues, this didn't come across as a stiff shoot. It felt like two far below average workers having a hissy fit and exposing that wrestling is fake (no it's not "still real to me, dammit"). The "scuffle" reminded me of that pathetic Hero/Kingston kindergarten-level pull apart on a PWG show many years back. They don't feel believable, they just seem like a couple of dorks who can't fight getting into it.

We don't even need to go back to AJW, Meiko Satomura is on their payroll. Go watch her if you're wanting "stiff".

Charlotte has a history of slapping people in the face when she thinks they aren't cooperating (she did it to Kairi not knowing she was concussed AF)  and she did it to Nia right before it looked like they were about to have a hockey fight. 

Bryan had a pretty good breakdown of what he thought happened and it makes sense:

1. Nia, either on her own or because she was told to, decided to work more like a monster because she was going over. In the process, she does what she's known for and nearly drops Charlotte on her head.

2. After the above happening and Nia deciding to basically no sell a pin attempt, Charlotte was clearly pissed at what she had to think was Nia either being sloppy/trying to big time her. She takes the opportunity to deliver a slap that looked like it had some zest on it.

3. Nia tagged her with some not-shoot-but-harder-than-worked punches, ie the Brock Lesnar "Calm the Fuck Down" Special. Charlotte didn't seem to get the memo and looked like she was going to square up and Nia had a "is this b for real?" face and the next few moments were just them half trying to do a cooperative match and half on defense in case shit goes down. 

In hindsight, putting the sloppy worker in with the worker who gets pissed to the point of slapping face if things don't go to plan wasn't the best idea. 

14 minutes ago, Rah said:

We don't even need to go back to AJW, Meiko Satomura is on their payroll. Go watch her if you're wanting "stiff".

In another era, Bill Watts would send Meiko a plane ticket to Orlando along with a Disney Pass that just happened to have Nia's training schedule on it. 

3 hours ago, MoS said:

They should just let them fight for real tbh. Bring back Raw battleground and let them go 

did Ric train Charlotte in any sort of old school Gagne/Robinson hooking?  How to really handle herself if shit goes sideways?  Because legit tough gal or not I think Nia would break her in half

styles make fights.  now I just want to see Nia run through the women's roster one by one until she gets to Baszler.  BRING BACK BRAWL 4 ALL!  FOXXXY BOXXXING!!!!!

9 hours ago, ragemaster said:

I will point out that there's working stiff and just kicking people in the head, I love AJW  but it was never safe stiff. 

It depends from the worker. Bull did not look like the safest worker for sure. Aja always looked stiff but really safe. Hotta was another matter, but I did nor use her as an example of good work either.

9 hours ago, ragemaster said:

But yeah, Jaxx does need sacking or sent back to the development school. But if sacked I'm guessing AEW pick her up, so that's not the best choice.

I highly doubt AEW would pick up someone with such a bad rep. She sucks, she never was a star in WWE despite her push, the only reason she's there is because of her family. And that's also the reason why I doubt she'll ever get sacked. She's 37, she has been working for 7 years now and she's godawful and dangerous. She's not gonna improve at this stage.

And yeah, it really wasn't "stiff and intense looking" like the Twitter douchebag says, it looked like idiotic uncooperative bullshit. Koji Kitao level of incompetence and unprofessionalism. Where's Takada when you need him ?