Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 08/30 - 09/05 Paralympic Games rock

KawadaSmile

Charlotte has had many examples of shit not going well and her getting mad and suddenly very stiff and aggressive or reckless with her opponent for the next couple of spots before calming down. Nia's default is reckless. This isn't even the first time these two specifically together have had an incident like this.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, cm funk said:

did Ric train Charlotte in any sort of old school Gagne/Robinson hooking?  How to really handle herself if shit goes sideways?  Because legit tough gal or not I think Nia would break her in half

By all accounts, Charlotte had no interest in wrestling until Laurinaitis saw her one day and asked her why she wasn't in the business. And Ric wasn't exactly much of a shooter himself. In his early years as NWA champion, he brought along Harley Race as an insurance policy for his overseas defenses in case someone tried to shoot on him and steal the belt. Even so, Nia would gas out in about 30 seconds in a real fight. Giants can't fight, especially ones with bad knees.

Nia would gas, sure, but the quickness on those hands was scary as fuck. The fact that Becky wasn't put to sleep is impressive (although she does mention she was basically on autopilot), because Jax can throw some mean punches. Charlotte got hit with a light 1-2 combo and it looked like her world was going to end

Sure, but there's a big difference between sucker punching someone who's expecting a worked blow and landing a hit on someone who's actively defending herself.

In other news, we have some clues as to Asuka's recent whereabouts.

She had vehemently denied Meltzer's report that there's nothing wrong with her physically and creative simply had nothing for her. Normally when someone in WWE emphatically denies something Meltzer reports, it's almost certainly true. But her arm being in a sling suggests that she's been on the shelf due to injury. Or maybe it's something minor that she could work through but decided to take care of since she wasn't being used.

16 minutes ago, Strummer said:

Being reported that Vince and Bruce Prichard will now be producing NXT.

Alavarez on WOL

LOLHUNTER aside, how the fuck is Vince going to have the time to produce yet another show? I know NXT is taped (for now, USA is pissed about that), but adding another show on a 70 something year old who's notorious for overwork doesn't sound like a solid plan. 

10 minutes ago, Kadaveri said:

HHH doesn't wanna work Tuesdays.

Seriously though, what's his job currently?

I can't imagine him sitting on his hands and letting the checks and family money come in while he has a nothing position in the company. Dude has to big of an ego to not do a political play sooner rather than later. Kinda interested on what he comes up with to be honest.

10 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

Seriously though, what's his job currently?

I can't imagine him sitting on his hands and letting the checks and family money come in while he has a nothing position in the company. Dude has to big of an ego to not do a political play sooner rather than later. Kinda interested on what he comes up with to be honest.

It's awkward because his job title now is "Vice President of Global Talent Strategy Development" when WWE seems to have abandoned plans to do that 'globally' and he doesn't even run NXT anymore so... Maybe he'll get to keep NXT UK for a bit?

I wouldn't be shocked if Triple H leaves WWE if he's really getting pushed out as much as it looks.

56 minutes ago, Strummer said:

Being reported that Vince and Bruce Prichard will now be producing NXT.

Holy fuck ! :lol:

The guy who thought Booby Roode was the go-to guy to carry TNA while turning him into a droning, boring as fuck Randy Orton-like worker. The guy who thought the infamous "AJ is having an affair with Dixie Carter" was a great way to showcase AJ Styles personality. As I'm halfway through his TNA stint, I can say without a doubt that Bruce Prichard is one hell of a crappy booker with crappy ideas about talent and angles. "We're telling a story..."

NXT ? More like YSD (in like, yesterday)

36 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Uncle Paul getting so publicly pantsed by both the competition and his own company has been amazing to see. 

It is. I wonder what Stephy thinks of all of this...

30 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

Feeling a bit bad for Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa, who might get phased out sooner rather or later if that's the case.

However, I look at a guy like Ridge Holland and Vince will immediately be enamored with him, I think.

I find this funny because Triple H just had Ciampa beat big bad burly Holland (who rocks tbh) clean yesterday. Baffling booking decision.

After reading about Broski on his podcast talking about Hunter making fun of him and saying creating the Internet title was something that would get him beat up by the boys 10 years ago, this news is all the more delicious. Dude's getting it hard from karma right about now.

9 minutes ago, El-P said:

Time for Jean-Paul Lesveque is All Elite jokes already ? He could do backstage interviews on Dark.

Honestly, him to AEW could be this generation's version of Hulkster jumping ship. Not saying I particularly *want* that to happen, mind you.

I can just picture him doing a promo on Dynamite like "no one knows about that organization up north more than me, BROTHER".

13 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Honestly, him to AEW could be this generation's version of Hulkster jumping ship.

Already happened. Name was CM Punk.

Hunter would be both totally surrealistic and a terrible idea for obvious reasons. That said, Cody & Brandi vs Hunter & Stephy at All Out 2022 would be eazy money. 

And yeah, that throne trashing thingy that Cody did at the beginning of AEW... well... in retrospect...

Saying Hunter wouldn't be bigger than CM Punk is some real in-the-bubble thinking, IMO.

Again, not saying I want it to happen but getting the guy who was running your opposition to join the team would be the biggest FU they could give WWE. 

Come to think of it, I do kind of wish for it to happen just to see everyone's head explode, and trust and believe if that did happen *everyone's* head would explode on all sides of the argument. 

Hell at this point, it might be the preferred move for him instead of just sitting there getting cucked as Vince moves in and starts running his baby.