Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 08/30 - 09/05 Paralympic Games rock

KawadaSmile

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

I mean, going by his YT videos even when before he got into NXT or made TV, that gimmick IS pretty much how he is. Certainly helps a lot!

Boogs had that one week where he was on NXT, and everybody loved him, only for him never to turn up again. Which might honestly have been the best thing for him

6 hours ago, Rah said:

I get you can only do so many acrobatic flips, but I haven't seen any love for Reggie here in ages. Did he get lost in the shuffle already?

Thise 24/7 skits are great tbh. Tozawa and Truth being Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny is always good fun, and Reggie has some suave charisma.

Wish he could do more tbh.

I didn't see it, but heard there was a hint that Balor will be bringing back The Demon character to challenge Roman next? 

I really hope they let Reigns end The Demon completely. I'll admit that there have been times I've been into the "alter ego" wrestler gimmick and I absolutely dug the Demon entrance that Balor used in NXT, but in the WWE, I think the whole concept needs a long, long rest. Its not special for Balor to transform into "The Demon" after we've had multiple iterations of Bray Wyatt and Alexa Bliss, where Nikki Cross did a character 180 and turned into a superhero, where we literally had Damien Priest and The Miz fighting zombies in the past year. Its just too much of this shit with too many wrestlers. Plus, with Roman Reigns playing an ultra cool boss character, its a real clash of character (and not in a good way). 

Imagine if Kevin Nash and Scott Hall, in peak nWo coolness, were feuding with peak-hokeyness Dungeon of Doom. One was meant to be ultra realistic, the other 100% cartoonish. 

So, if they do go this way, I hope Reigns no-sells the entire gimmick and cuts a promo about how its all just makeup and lighting and crawling around like a weirdo, laughs it all off, and outright calls Balor a geek who should stick to cosplaying Dungeons and Dragons with other nerds.

And I actually thought Balor could've/should've won the title last night in similar fashion as Luger beating Hogan on the Nitro before Road Wild (maybe with some sort of botched Uso interference). No Demon gimmick, just Finn Balor getting a feel good win to establish that he is on the same level as Reigns other recent challengers - Edge, Cena, and now Brock - and could even do something they could not. Plus, it would've given them a story to distract from AEW's big show on Sunday.  

They kinda did establish that Finn is on the same level - Roman's low blow is sneaky as shit - but I can't see Roman vs Brock not being for the belt.

As for the Demon Balor, it will probably appear more sporadically. Money IS on PrinXe Balor, but Demon does have a cool entrance for big events. Maybe the Rumble? Or Survivor Series?

5 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

They kinda did establish that Finn is on the same level - Roman's low blow is sneaky as shit - but I can't see Roman vs Brock not being for the belt.

As for the Demon Balor, it will probably appear more sporadically. Money IS on PrinXe Balor, but Demon does have a cool entrance for big events. Maybe the Rumble? Or Survivor Series?

I should've clarified that I thought Balor could've won last night and then dropped the title back to Reigns at Extreme Rules. I agree that Roman/Brock is going to be for the belt. 

I'd disagree on Balor being established as being on the same level as Cena or Edge, though. I think most everyone knew Reigns would retain in both defenses, but there was slightly more of a question mark just because there was at least some talk about Cena possibly getting #17 and Edge getting a "Thank You" championship run (the latter being way less of a possibility in my eyes). Balor beating Reigns on TV for the title would've been a much bigger upset.