Pro Wrestling Only

AEW All Out 2021 - September 5, 2021

gordi

1 minute ago, MoS said:

By some distance the best PPV AEW has ever done. In fact, one can argue it's the first truly all time great AEW PPV. They have done amazing matches on PPVs before, but this has never been a great PPV promotion.

All time great PPV IMO. 

Adam Cole isn't my thing but that situation is just an embarrassment for WWE. 

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MoS said:

If it means he remains a midcard workrate guy having great (and for the love of God, SHORT) matches with the young faces, I am cool with it 

I dunno man, I hope you are right. As it is tho, it feels like they are going to give him some focus - don't see him, a big name, signing just to play second fiddle to Kenny. Unless it's not for the belt, Hangman could get lost in the shuffle.

1 minute ago, KawadaSmile said:

I dunno man, I hope you are right. As it is tho, it feels like they are going to give him some focus - don't see him, a big name, signing just to play second fiddle to Kenny. Unless it's not for the belt, Hangman could get lost in the shuffle.

Hoping Hangman beats Omega soon and then beats Cole as his first title defence. Although to be fair, Cole's best use would be as Britt's minion, Victoria-Stevie Richards style 

Adam Cole Bay Bay showing up a week after being in NXT really felt like one of those big Monday Night War moments.

Hell, even Danielson debuting after main eventing WrestleMania.

WTF is going on with WWE for them to be making such costly, sloppy mistakes like this?

3 minutes ago, Timbo Slice said:

Big time Barely Legal feels here. Knowing the importance and doing it right basically across the board. 

Yes, the crowd gives me such "ECW at it's most fervent" feels and not just because of the AC DUB chants. They seem invested in their guys and everyone just feels something big is gonna happen. 

This was such an amazing show, and not just for the matches. This came off as them pushing in their chips and dropping the mic on WWE. Them saying they not only got the guy you knew was coming but they snatched your chain and debuted the guy who main evented for you just like a week ago. 

I don't know if I'm just riding the high of the post-PPV brain or if it's hyperbole, but am I nuts if I think that may have been a top 5 PPV all-time? 

We got huge surprises, big debuts, big stars, a hot crazy crowd and good wrestling. Not everything was fantastic, like the Wight/QT match, but damn did that show deliver. 

Definitely the best AEW PPV to date. Felt like an all-time show, up there with other shows that I loved, like Wrestlemania 17.

Just now, Coffey said:

I don't know if I'm just riding the high of the post-PPV brain or if it's hyperbole, but am I nuts if I think that may have been a top 5 PPV all-time? 

We got huge surprises, big debuts, big stars, a hot crazy crowd and good wrestling. Not everything was fantastic, like the Wight/QT match, but damn did that show deliver. 

Definitely the best AEW PPV to date. Felt like an all-time show, up there with other shows that I loved, like Wrestlemania 17.

Definitely one of the best I've ever seen.

10 minutes ago, Coffey said:

I haven't seen every AEW PPV, but of the ones I have seen? Yeah..this was the best one, warts and all. Super big fun.