Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 09/06 - 09/12 All Out of Clever Titles

KawadaSmile

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

This fucking company. I guess one match went fucking long... Edge vs Rollins, probably.

Yeah, that's the one thing that felt like it went over. Everything else seemed to go as planned.

Lousy business. Bad enough not to have a women's match in general, but at least find a way to get Zelina on the show. Chop a couple of minutes from the big segments to make sure it happens. This stinks.

3 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Look, as terrible as 9/11 was for Zelina, that's no reason to subject us to a wrestling match involving her. Especially since she's a heel. If anything, putting someone whose father died in the Twin Towers in a position to be booed seems even more ill-advised.

To me, I think the main idea of putting her on this show was likely to feature her real life story, regardless of storyline stuff.

Just now, Zoo Enthusiast said:

To me, I think the main idea of putting her on this show was likely to feature her real life story, regardless of storyline stuff.

Exactly, we all know her story. It didn't have to be a match. They could have had Zelina make a short speech that would have been well received. Just a couple of moments would have meant a lot to her, I'm sure.

5 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Speaking of 9/11:

It should come as no surprise that Stephanie's infamous comments are completely no-sold, but I'm more troubled by the whitewashing of Bradshaw's comments essentially calling for genocide.

It seems like everyone wants to share their 9/11 story. But WWE trying to put themselves in the story… In retrospect that show isn’t anywhere close to the important stories of that week.

What's forgotten is that several UPN affiliates didnt even air that episode. I lived in New Hampshire at the time, and the local UPN affiliate just aired more news broadcasts (they did recap most of the episode on the Saturday Night recap show Excess that Saturday, that's how I saw it).

Maybe I'm just jaded and callous, and it is really shitty that they cut her match, but Zelina/Thea was free and clear from this rotten company and chose to go back.  I have zero sympathy for her getting fucked around by their shitty booking. 

Just like jobbing her in her first match back, I wouldn't be surprised if they did this to test her.  Why did they even sign her back in the first place? 

Of course a normal company would do something constructive with her life story, HAHAHAHAHHAA

When Brock faces Reigns is a matter of how Rock's schedule is looking like, I am guessing. If he is free WrestleMania season, of course they go with Rock-Reigns. I am sure Rock would like to put over his cousin, but it will depend on his shooting schedule. Dunno what that is for next year, but he will probably want to make up for the pandemic disrupting his movies. Although he reportedly made $50 million for his last movie, so God knows he is not hurting for money.

20 hours ago, cm funk said:

Maybe I'm just jaded and callous, and it is really shitty that they cut her match, but Zelina/Thea was free and clear from this rotten company and chose to go back.  I have zero sympathy for her getting fucked around by their shitty booking. 

Just like jobbing her in her first match back, I wouldn't be surprised if they did this to test her.  Why did they even sign her back in the first place? 

Of course a normal company would do something constructive with her life story, HAHAHAHAHHAA

Keep in mind that Aleister/Malakai was still with WWE when she re-signed. He's on record as saying she returned so they could travel and be together more often. Then, a month or so later, he gets released.

Someone likely realized that hanging Zelina out to dry over the unionization/streaming stuff was a bad look, so giving her a new contract was something of a make-good. And there's no indication AEW was interested in signing her. Plus, her streaming popularity decreased as she wasn't on TV and some fans forgot about her. Maybe she could have went back to TNA/Impact or pursued a full-time acting career. But financially, going back to WWE was her best option.