Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - Sept 8 2021

Timbo Slice

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a person watching with us tonight who isn't a regular viewer and was weirded out by how they didn't spend time recapping All Out the way WWE does with their PPVs.  Personally i like this - this episode felt like the start of a new season, so to speak, moving on from the old programs.  The greater amount of time on promos compared to matches speaks to that.

Really good show indeed. Everything seemed hot and was definitely setting things up for the next cycle. 

Can you imagine going back to like 2018 and telling everyone that we'd have a real alternative national promotion and they are going to give you Omega vs Bryan? You'd probably be told that's some message board fantasy stuff, so of course someone who posted on DVDVR made it happen.

BTW, hearing through friends of friends on Discord that Andrade vs. PAC lived up to the hype and then some - this feels like a critical spot for Andrade so i'm excited.

Also Lee Moriarty vs. Daniel Garcia for next week's Elevation - Moriarty impressed a lot of folks with his most recent match against Janela in particular, and they're likely going to air the announcement of him officially signing there.

4 hours ago, C.S. said:

Gallows and Anderson reek nWo B-Team energy. 

I know the Elite appropriating some of the NWO schtick is already cannon (all the "Too Sweet" stuff etc), but the adding of new members is giving off very NWO vibes. Cutler is a pretty decent Vincent, but Gallows & Anderson make a very poor Stevie Ray and Brian Adams. Adam Cole as Horace is probably on par.

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

Can someone explain to me what is the appeal to this HOOK fella? Serious question, haven't seen anything from him.

He is young and handsome, it's a meme more than anything, he's barely had two lines to say in the show's history. But he usually stands there looking mean and handsome as his dad talks trash 

8 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

listen, the young bucks dress like obnoxious assholes, they actually have a whole fit going

omega just puts whatever on and it feels less elaborate

Still better looking than someone walking out in their underwear to cut a promo. I've said it before, but the most refreshing thing about AEW to me is that these guys look and act like PEOPLE.

Though it could just be that I'm from Africa and have done a lot of business with Congolese so I'm just used to Les Sapeurs.

I want Dante Martin on TV every week.  I know he shouldn't be there every week, but he feels so fresh and different from the rest of the show whenever he gets an opportunity.  No clue what his ceiling may be but his athleticism and body control are incredible and allow him to turn traditionally impressive spots into something really special.  He's also already an impressive seller and more than willing to take some creatively sick bumps to get there as well.  

Last night was the first time I didn't mind MJF.  His schtick usually makes me cringe but outside of screaming "not cheap heat!" that segment was pretty good.  But he still comes across as one of the least physically imposing wrestlers around.

I'm cool with Cody/Black at Arthur Ashe even if I didn't expect Cody back quite that soon, but they've also gotta give us an Elite vs. Bryan & Co 8/10/12 man, right?