Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - Sept 8 2021

Timbo Slice

49 minutes ago, ragemaster said:

I love the Dustin love, but there was loads of missed spots in that match last night, if that happened in a Jericho match, you guys all be over it like a rash. Dustin definitely has the rose-coloured glasses syndrome going on here.   

Agreed.  I'm a huge Dustin fan and I thought this match was underwhelming at best.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest quarter obviously was the Elite/Danielson segment, but it is instructive that the second was Soho-Hayter. Ruby clearly is over and has a lot of interest, and Britt is a superstar. Their women's division has some legit stars now, it's now only a matter of better booking where there are more than one big storyline running in the women's division and consistently featured on TV. Swole and Diamante having their own feud on YouTube is a good start but they have enough good workers and over characters to do the same on TV as well

6 hours ago, funkdoc said:

Talking to AEW fans every day, i def disagree.  i think some people here aren't realizing that he's meant to be a stand-in not just for Cornette, but for Vince as well (cf. the 5'9 comment last night).  And let me tell you, perhaps *the* thing that unites their core audience the most is distaste for the Vincels.

Yeah even though a lot of his verbiage is taken almost directly from Corny rants, it seems a lot of the AEW fans who aren't as online see him as a Vince stand in. 

Women's matches have generally done well in the quarters for a while though from what I remember. I do get that it's a stacked roster and there are only so many spots. I mean there are some people on Twitter right now complaining that Brian Cage isn't getting featured enough, when I would argue he is being featured more than enough for someone who was not even the best body guy in his previous stable. 

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

AEW sent out a tweet that Archer and Suzuki are going to be on Dynamite to issue another challenge to Mox, so it looks like we probably are going to get our KAZE NI NARE at the Arthur Ashe show. 

If that challenge is to Mox and Kingston, that’s one I’m excited for.

They tried to squeeze a little too much on last night and ended up short changing the Mox vs Suzuki match. But I wonder if they also finished that up early because of the cut Suzuki got.

Hot show nevertheless and a mega rating. I hope Vince gets big mad and starts some crazy hotshot booking on Raw.

I think it's likely that Dynamite will overtake Raw for the first time in the next 3-6 months  based on their momentum and Raw's viewership declining. They're going to intersect before too long, imo. I don't think that Dynamite will have an 83 week or whatever win streak, but the time is coming that another show is going to be outdoing Raw in the ratings from time to time again. Hope the move to TBS doesn't fuck their momentum.

7 minutes ago, strobogo said:

Hope the move to TBS doesn't fuck their momentum.

Still don't understand why the hell they're moving to TBS in the first place...

Really feels like some stuck-up snooty WarnerMedia exec somewhere is getting cold feet about "that fake rasslin' stuff."

I hope not!

52 minutes ago, Jimmy Redman said:

I'm torn between this and wanting Kingston to get his Miro rematch in NYC. (Assuming it means Suzuki is back for the NYC show.)

I agree and think the Arthur Ashe show should be Kingston’s big moment.  That crowd is going to be batshit for him.

40 minutes ago, Zoo Enthusiast said:

I agree and think the Arthur Ashe show should be Kingston’s big moment.  That crowd is going to be batshit for him.

I just don’t see Eddie as the guy they want to take the belt off Miro. It would be a good moment but he doesn’t need the win and the belt as much as someone else on the roster might. 

23 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I just don’t see Eddie as the guy they want to take the belt off Miro. It would be a good moment but he doesn’t need the win and the belt as much as someone else on the roster might. 

My guess is that they’re going to wind up circling back to Cody as the TNT champ before too long and that Eddie would be a transitional champ.  Eddie definitely doesn’t need the belt but it’s like a lifetime achievement award moment for him.

33 minutes ago, Zoo Enthusiast said:

My guess is that they’re going to wind up circling back to Cody as the TNT champ before too long and that Eddie would be a transitional champ.  Eddie definitely doesn’t need the belt but it’s like a lifetime achievement award moment for him.

I think the way to go is having some sort of unsanctioned “lights out” match where the title isn’t on the line and put Kingston over. That’s how they used to end feuds when they wanted the babyface to go over but not take the belt off the heel.

7 hours ago, Matt D said:

If it's a TV title where the champion defends the belt on TV shows, putting it on someone like Bryan Danielson or Adam Cole would make a lot of sense. Only, of course, if they're moving Miro up though, as he's been fabulous with this new Redeemer gimmick. Hangman Page will be coming back in the near future too & with AEW being so top heavy now after bringing in Punk, Danielson & Cole, it might shuffle Hangman down the card some, despite all of the big build to him & Omega. 

There's also a lot of various multiman matches they can do. They've purposely been putting Punk with Darby & Sting and putting Danielson with Jurassic Express. So although the Inner Circle & Pinnacle stuff is played out, The Elite stuff has not.