Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - Sept 15 2021

gordi

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

I love how we have come to the point in society now...especially online...that if somebody merely accuses you of something, and they sue you the assumption is that you were automatically guilty.

It doesn’t matter that the suit got thrown out, the fact that it was filed seems to be enough for some people to condemn her without any tangible proof. Somebody said she is a transphobic, therefore...she must be.

thank you.  this needs to be said much more often.  accusation is guilt and everybody wants things to be black and white, and it's bullshit

I never even heard that about Rosario being "transphobic" but some carelord here googles her and tries to start shit.  get that shit out of here

6 hours ago, Ricky Jackson said:

I just dont see the drama in doing a draw when the title isn't on the line, but I always look at these things through an old school booking lens

A "TV finish" on TV.

I am sure the match will be great and the crowd will have the time of their lives regardless.

15 hours ago, Migs said:

They only really crossed paths from late 87 into 88. I know they were opposite in tags (Arn/Tully vs Sting/Nikita at Bash 88 for one) but I've watched a lot of 88 JCP and don't recall a single match.

Looking on wrestlingdata.com

they only ever crossed paths in tags and multi man matches (battle royals, bunkhouse stampedes, Wargames)

Lets get the facts straight on the Ospreay story, he was what 20/21 years old when his happened. His friend was accused of rape, he backed his friend because he believed his friend couldn't or wouldn't have raped the girl. 

I like to think if I or a friend I completely trusted had this charge against one of us, we wouldn't turn our backs on each other and throw them/me under the bus. He acted without maturity in the situation with some tweets and probably should have just stayed quiet. As for the booking situation, I think if you had the power to deprive someone work who screwed over your friend (in his mind) So you didn't have to work with them on that show or just to hurt them back, at that age you might take the opportunity to do so. Now there seems to be no proof he did, but I think it's understandable in this situation. Because at that age most people boys and girls I know make poor choices and lets be honest are dicks in their teens/20's.    

Not saying it makes it right if that is what happened, but I don't think his career should end because of it.  

Now before I get ripped apart, I'm not saying she wasn't rapped and if she is the victim in this situation, my sympathy is fully with her. As unfortunately Rape convictions are all but imposable to get in the UK. I don't know if the guy was charged or convicted or even the full facts of the case, so if someone has more information please share. 

But I do get fed up with the black and white morality, that I doubt in the real world anyone on this board live their own lives by.  

Plus, isn't Ospreay autistic? We really shouldn't hold him to neurotypical standards. I am not saying he has a free pass to be excused from any bad behavior - just that there's an additional layer and lens to look through when examining his words and actions. 

Edit: I just googled it, and maybe I'm mistaken.

It comes from El-P (not the PWO poster) calling Ospreay the "Autistic Assassin" in a promo.

Age is no excuse though. I can understand defending your friend and not wanting to believe accusations, that's a fair reaction to have. To make the effort to prevent someone else from making a living is a choice you purposefully make. 

From what I have gathered, Will basically implied he wouldn't work on a show if the company booked the accuser and since he's like the biggest UK star it wasn't like the companies had a choice. Also the promotion seemed to back off their claim because again, biggest star in the UK. That's the way I read it at least, every story about them backtracking made it sound like they had to in order to get booking for anyone. 

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

Age is no excuse though. I can understand defending your friend and not wanting to believe accusations, that's a fair reaction to have. To make the effort to prevent someone else from making a living is a choice you purposefully make. 

From what I have gathered, Will basically implied he wouldn't work on a show if the company booked the accuser and since he's like the biggest UK star it wasn't like the companies had a choice. Also the promotion seemed to back off their claim because again, biggest star in the UK. That's the way I read it at least, every story about them backtracking made it sound like they had to in order to get booking for anyone. 

If I'm a wrestler on a show, I'm a independent contractor, it would be my choice to work the show or not. In his position, he believes his friend, why would you care about a woman who's made the worse accusation possible against your friend. I wouldn't care if she didn't work, or got kicked of the show if I was in his place. I be a shitty friend to work the show and not say something just so she could if i had the power not too.

I would word it as I'm just not working shows with this woman for personal reasons, I think that's perfectly acceptable. Plus from her point of view, why would she want to be on the same shows as Ospreay

Now if he doubted his friend or thought for a moment he did rape her, then yes he would be a shitty person to ban her. 

Because of the crime involved, it comes across as a bad play to pull. But I be surprised if most of us wouldn't do something similar in the same situation if we 100% believed our friend. As it human nature to help friends or hold grudge's against people we preserved have done us/friends wrong.